Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If We Lose 4 IN A ROW Then John L. Smith Gets No Raise Next Season

Started by nwa_razorback_coffee, September 29, 2012, 01:50:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nwa_razorback_coffee

I know it seems harsh, but he won't deserve a raise after this many losses in a row.

ICEman

I think he should actually get a small pay cut.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

nwa_razorback_coffee

AquaHog

fowlthing

nwa_razorback_coffee

September 29, 2012, 02:03:04 pm #5 Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 02:07:39 pm by nwa_razorback_coffee
They should take the headset away and issue him ear buds for next season. That way he'll spend the entire game trying to figure them out and once he got em in he wouldn't have a mic.

nwa_razorback_coffee

My sources are telling me he won't be considered for a raise.

Fayettechill14

I think they're gonna reassign him to the Film Room during gamedays next year...the film room being the living room of his house.

HogAlum99

Quote from: nwa_razorback_coffee on September 29, 2012, 07:19:44 pm
My sources are telling me he won't be considered for a raise.

Well that may be true, but the sources I have talked to said that the incentives in the contract are being re-worked so that they will be easier to attain. So while he may not get his raise in base pay, he can make it up in the incentive clauses!

The Boar War

Quote from: nwa_razorback_coffee on September 29, 2012, 01:50:04 pm
I know it seems harsh, but he won't deserve a raise after this many losses in a row.

If he doesn't get a raise maybe at least he'll get a one year roll over on his cotract.

hogsfanchaz

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 29, 2012, 07:21:10 pm
I think they're gonna reassign him to the Film Room during gamedays next year...the film room being the living room of his house.
He isn't going to have a house ....he will have to sell it to pay his bills!!
The difficult we do immediately....the impossible takes a little longer!!!!

tusksincolorado

Actually the BOT and JL are upping the $ in his Golden Handicuff Clause.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

zumhog

Quote from: hogsfanchaz on September 29, 2012, 07:24:01 pm
He isn't going to have a house ....he will have to sell it to pay his bills!!
Any True Hog Fan wouldnt dare buy whatever cursed ****hole JLS lives in. He wont be head coach anywhere in a couple months and that is too soon. Make him live here forever so when I see him on the street I can remind him he should have run off into the Utah sunset.

Hog Waller

Nah, it will be the nursing home...They will tell him it's the living room of his house.

HawgnCorona

Or permanent latrine orderly comes to mind....considering the "crapper" that we are in.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

nwa_razorback_coffee

One person close to the situation tells me they might not cut his salary, but he won't be allowed to eat at the Catfish Hole for free any more.

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: nwa_razorback_coffee on September 29, 2012, 01:50:04 pm

We are lucky to have JLS. He has reached the enlightened state of pure Zen where he has transcended the material world. He knows things like finances and football wins are unimportant. I finally saw that yesterday as he grinned ear to ear even as we were being pounded by aTm. He has taught the players Zen as well. Clearly our secondary has learned the art of peaceful meditation and have chosen to be away from others so as not to be disturbed. I laughed at the aTm fans who were so caught up in worldly things that they had to derive their sense of joy from the material world of winning.

I am concerned that other schools may catch on to this and come after JLS. We need to put a multimillion dollar buyout clause in this contract and lock him down. I know the money means nothing to JLS because he has transcended worldly things. But it might deter other schools and it would give Arkansas fans the peace of mind knowing JLS is here to stay.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: CallMeHog on September 30, 2012, 09:30:00 am
We are lucky to have JLS. He has reached the enlightened state of pure Zen where he has transcended the material world. He knows things like finances and football wins are unimportant. I finally saw that yesterday as he grinned ear to ear even as we were being pounded by aTm. He has taught the players Zen as well. Clearly our secondary has learned the art of peaceful meditation and have chosen to be away from others so as not to be disturbed. I laughed at the aTm fans who were so caught up in worldly things that they had to derive their sense of joy from the material world of winning.

I am concerned that other schools may catch on to this and come after JLS. We need to put a multimillion dollar buyout clause in this contract and lock him down. I know the money means nothing to JLS because he has transcended worldly things. But it might deter other schools and it would give Arkansas fans the peace of mind knowing JLS is here to stay.

Seriously CMH....what is your take on this whole mess? I believe, and hope, that we do have the right coach in mind and interested so Long is riding the season out. If we attempt to stop the damage today our choices would be limited to 1 or 2 candidates, Davis, Fulmer and possibly someone else. If we wait till the end of the season we possibly have 5 to 6 options.

For me I can wait because I remember not to long ago the Dumpster Fire stench of the Nuttless Regime. We hired BP and everybody knew that on that day forward our Program was on a greater path.

I am excited about the possibilities of a New Coach and a New Direction with great success in the future!

I know ..... always the eternal optimist!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

snortyann

Quote from: CallMeHog on September 30, 2012, 09:30:00 am

We could become the Arkansas RaZENbacks.  Home of the Hugs.

Poop Hoggy Hogg

john L keep this up, and he'll get his pay cut in half for next season as our head coach.

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: tusksincolorado on September 30, 2012, 09:45:59 am
Seriously CMH....what is your take on this whole mess? I believe, and hope, that we do have the right coach in mind and interested so Long is riding the season out. If we attempt to stop the damage today our choices would be limited to 1 or 2 candidates, Davis, Fulmer and possibly someone else. If we wait till the end of the season we possibly have 5 to 6 options.

For me I can wait because I remember not to long ago the Dumpster Fire stench of the Nuttless Regime. We hired BP and everybody knew that on that day forward our Program was on a greater path.

I am excited about the possibilities of a New Coach and a New Direction with great success in the future!

I know ..... always the eternal optimist!
This season could use bandaging for sure. I doubt whoever we would use as the bandage is the long term solution.

ZERO

I don't think the man deserves a paycut, but I think lowering his lofty buyout would be appropriate.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: snortyann on September 30, 2012, 10:39:03 am
We could become the Arkansas RaZENbacks.  Home of the Hugs.
+1. In term of hugs, JLS is showing us the way. No more of those mean hugs where players wrap someone up and throw them to the ground. Our defense gives hugs of love that encourage the other side to move forward.

nwa_razorback_coffee

Now that we've got a solid winning streak going, wondering if JLS gets a raise next season?

TexHog188

Won't we get better draft picks if we finish with the worst record?

//sarcasm off//
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

56Hog

Last Saturday's storm gave Jeff Long an idea of how to put new life into both John L and the program...

"This is the lesson: never give in, never give in, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." - Winston Churchill

nwa_razorback_coffee

Losing to Ole Miss should be the last straw. If they give Coach Smith a raise next season they're crazy! He should have to coach for the same salary next season.

nwa_razorback_coffee

I heard the hog offense is going to open the game tomorrow in the Y-formation in memory of Coach Petrino. Any truth to this?

Fayettechill14

Quote from: nwa_razorback_coffee on November 22, 2012, 06:54:50 pm
I heard the hog offense is going to open the game tomorrow in the Y-formation in memory of Coach Petrino. Any truth to this?

If we'd run the RB Wheel to Wingo in honor of Petrino then maybe we'd score.

Rooster Hogburn

To forgive is to set a pisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.-Lewis B. Smedes

hodgehog

If this guy was working in the private sector he would be gone months ago...were is the accountability?

nwa_razorback_coffee

I just read a press release and Coach Smith will not be getting a raise.

Hogman2

One good thing about having John Loser Smith this season:  What head football coach would NOT want to follow this clown? ANYTHING next year will be better than this! Win seven next year and look like you practiced.....you MAY get a lifetime comtract!  lol