Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SPAL

gotyacovered

Some Arkansas info...

Hogs
3p% 44.7, 3rd in the country/1st in SEC;
3pt defense: 37th in the country/11th in SEC;
We get the nod in tempo.

UK
3p%  32, 264th in the country, 9th in the SEC;
3pt defense: 88th in the country/10th in the SEC;
They get the FT% nod.

Statistically, Our strengths are their weakness... And our weakness isn't really a strength for them. Can't decide if I'm being a homer or not. I love going against big line moves... I can say with zero doubt that I will play it at 4. I don't think it'll get there.
You are what you tolerate.

userpick

Quote from: gotyacovered on January 21, 2016, 02:45:11 pm
Some Arkansas info...

Hogs
3p% 44.7, 3rd in the country/1st in SEC;
3pt defense: 37th in the country/11th in SEC;
We get the nod in tempo.

UK
3p%  32, 264th in the country, 9th in the SEC;
3pt defense: 88th in the country/10th in the SEC;
They get the FT% nod.

Statistically, Our strengths are their weakness... And our weakness isn't really a strength for them. Can't decide if I'm being a homer or not. I love going against big line moves... I can say with zero doubt that I will play it at 4. I don't think it'll get there.

Basically all I was gonna say. Our biggest weakness is defending the 3. Kentucky only has one regular player who shoots it well from outside. Jamal Murray. Murray shoots it 29% of all possessions and wants to be the man. If we can contain him, we should be fine defensively. I think where we win this game will be in our ability to make the game fast. Kentucky is terrible defending the 3 and gives up many transition 3s. I think this could be a huge game for Hannahs and/or Bell. I started to take this game last night when it first came out just because I think we win the game outright but now have a better number.

Hogs +3.5 woo pig!

hogsanity

Quote from: userpick on January 21, 2016, 03:05:02 pm
Basically all I was gonna say. Our biggest weakness is defending the 3. Kentucky only has one regular player who shoots it well from outside. Jamal Murray. Murray shoots it 29% of all possessions and wants to be the man. If we can contain him, we should be fine defensively. I think where we win this game will be in our ability to make the game fast. Kentucky is terrible defending the 3 and gives up many transition 3s. I think this could be a huge game for Hannahs and/or Bell. I started to take this game last night when it first came out just because I think we win the game outright but now have a better number.

Hogs +3.5 woo pig!

As rule I rarely bet Hog games, and if I do it is usually the over/under, just makes it hard because sometimes the best play in a hog game is against the hogs, and I can't do that.

The worry tonight is that Moses gets in early foul trouble. If that happens, KY will have pretty much free reign in side.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

gotyacovered

Quote from: MS_HogFan on January 21, 2016, 01:52:47 pm
I like the Pats SO MUCH that I might play the Broncos.

me, you and everybody else. everybody is usually wrong.

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 21, 2016, 01:47:10 pm
I am all over Carolina.  I have ridden that bus since early this season and it has had tremendous value. 

I never got on board, should have. Cam and OC (cant remember his name) may have the most dynamic relationship in the NFL by 10x's.

i am 3-0 on the Panthers this year (in one way or another). my 2nd biggest ticket to cash this year was Atlanta +330 and +7; I placed this wager immediately after cashing a ticket on the NYG +5.5/6(?) the week before. those plays were based on the same principals pushing me to favor Arizona this week. FYI: the 3rd ticket I cashed was in the win over Seattle in the divisional...

gotyacovered

Quote from: userpick on January 21, 2016, 03:05:02 pm

Hogs +3.5 woo pig!

I just copy/paste our text convo last night. (not really) you can handle the zags write up ;D

UP was all over this last night, got me to looking at it.

onebadrubi

I think you will have to grab it at +3 if you want it.  Seems as if people are seeing it move to +2.5 now.  I really thought the working crowd playing action in the afternoon would see it and hammer UK

gotyacovered

Cleveland -6/6.5 vs Clippers - TNT game

clippers traveling for the only the 2nd time in Jan; 1st road game vs a team with winning record;
totaling up cavs starters mins played last night at 125 give or take; and they were off 48 hours before GSW--gonna be fresh.
LeBron 1st game back since getting embarrassed and he played <30mins last night & 33mins vs GSW;
national spot light, going to be a shootout from tip off to :00;
maybe some additional motivation for both teams to NOT let it get onesided.

I see a high scoring affair where there is a big difference in 6 & 6.5.

im thinkin' -6 (if it gets back there) and O202. may hit the over now.

userpick

32-15 season to date

Marshall +1
Hogs +3.5
Zags +5

Possibly one other...

onebadrubi

I'm already on cavs -6. 

Looking at a few others but not liking a lot.  Might tail yall on the zags, I liked them early in the year but couldn't seem to break even on them. 

gotyacovered

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 21, 2016, 04:28:24 pm
I'm already on cavs -6. 

Looking at a few others but not liking a lot.  Might tail yall on the zags, I liked them early in the year but couldn't seem to break even on them. 

im loving the cavs at 6, hooks givin me heart burn.

I am up in the air on Zags, may be another blind tail... worked out with UCLA last night.

I am on Hogs +3.

tossing around the idea of Cavs -275 and over 202, pays $160

onebadrubi

I've been told many times  before my someone I highly respect when it comes to betting lines, if you like a line don't pay attention the price.  Many if -6 is sticking out in your head and is that much better than -6.5 just buy the hook off. 
*Disclaimer, many people despise buying that .5 in basketball because of the quantity of plays over a season it may burn you in the long run.  That being said, I am hook buying mofo!

SPAL

gotyacovered

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 21, 2016, 05:13:52 pm
I've been told many times  before my someone I highly respect when it comes to betting lines, if you like a line don't pay attention the price.  Many if -6 is sticking out in your head and is that much better than -6.5 just buy the hook off. 
*Disclaimer, many people despise buying that .5 in basketball because of the quantity of plays over a season it may burn you in the long run.  That being said, I am hook buying mofo!

I am seriously considering Cavs -275 parlayed with O202... that pays $160... or I can bet cavs -6 -120... juice has already been killing me for 3 weeks... I cant figure out if that is value/smart or not... I am very confident cavs are gonna win, and I think its gonna be a shoot out... that back door covering parker scares me... even at 6.

onebadrubi

Cavs -6
Arkansas +3
Marshall/Charlotte Under 173
Az/stanford Over 140
Rutgers + 22.5
Rutgers +13 1h (smallest of small plays)

All 1 unit except for Rutgers. 

Others looking at
UALR Trojans -6.5
Pistons +3 (would buy .5)
Atlanta/Sac U216
Penn st +3
The zags tail if I decide to jump on it

onebadrubi

Quote from: gotyacovered on January 21, 2016, 05:30:54 pm
I am seriously considering Cavs -275 parlayed with O202... that pays $160... or I can bet cavs -6 -120... juice has already been killing me for 3 weeks... I cant figure out if that is value/smart or not... I am very confident cavs are gonna win, and I think its gonna be a shoot out... that back door covering parker scares me... even at 6.

I don't love the over like you because the cavs can play defense when they want and they could hack a jordan if they needed too.  That being said, reddick has been raining points lately I believe.  I've got no feeling here but I hope you hit it!  If you really want to go crazy put some dough on Rutgers money line.  Talk about gambling!

onebadrubi

Late tail play

Memphis -2.5
Pistons/NO under 206

Added my pistons +3 (B.5) play

gotyacovered

gotyacovered

I've only put one in... Can't bite off a piece of zags... Y'all can make fun of me tomorrow when your high fivein'

Gonna jump on Cavs in some form or fashion...

onebadrubi

Iowa/Rutgers 2H over 80
Mercer +2 (should have hit this full game but was stupid).  2H

Both are 1/2 unit. 

userpick

If Arkansas doesn't get on the boards and start shooting/making 3s, this could get ugly

onebadrubi

Quote from: userpick on January 21, 2016, 06:57:23 pm
If Arkansas doesn't get on the boards and start shooting/making 3s, this could get ugly

I think bell is 0/0 from three and dusty is 0/4.  Moses is getting hosed as well personally.  Mike will either get the refs to start making some calls in our favor or get T'd up.  My money is on 2 T's...

gotyacovered

Welp... Ended up with 4 bets-3 games, trying to resist the under is USC/Oregon game.

The only one I played that never got mentioned was New Orleans -2.5...   

onebadrubi

My pistons and pistons under bet look like guaranteed winners... sarcasm off.

userpick

Kentucky had their way with the tempo and Arkansas looked scared out there. That game was the opposite of everything I thought it would be.

gotyacovered

My fav two college games this week combined shooting:

2p's: 41-116 (35%)
3p's: 5-33 (15%)

I sure know how to catch'em while their hot!

Onward.

userpick

gotyacovered

Quote from: userpick on January 21, 2016, 09:10:43 pm
Maybe I'm on tilt, but I just added BYU -9

Good luck...

I'm done... 3-1... Played Cavs/Over straight and added New Orelans -2.5 10mins before tip.

userpick

Quote from: gotyacovered on January 21, 2016, 09:55:36 pm
Good luck...

I'm done... 3-1... Played Cavs/Over straight and added New Orelans -2.5 10mins before tip.

Thankfully won the last 2 to go 2-2 on the night. Not sure how I won the byu game. Loyola went on a 20-0 run in the first half to take a 46-31 lead but byu ended up winning by 11...I'll take a lucky winner any day of the week

onebadrubi

My day was described by the memphis game. Up 4 with 1 second. Denver calls a timeout to advance the ball and makes a DEEP 3 to win by 1, spread was -2. 

userpick

gotyacovered

Quote from: userpick on January 22, 2016, 04:13:07 pm
34-17 season to date

Northern Illinois -1

get em

im looking at thunder. dirk is game time decision, but he is banged up (knee), either out or will not be 100%.

in the last 10 days Jan 13th-22nd mavs have gone:

1/12 lose cavs in OT
1/13 lose to thunder (by  19)
1/15 beat chicago
1/17 get drilled by spurs
1/18 beat to boston in OT
1/20 beat minny in OT

didnt see anything easy in the wins or losses... 6 games in 10 days coming off 2 OT games... lost to thunder by 19 ten days ago and now dirk is not 100% and possibly out and the line is OKC -6?

the thunder have played one less game since their win vs mavs. they won their games by a combined 84 (points and the closest one was denver (they won by 6) and held their opponents to 91 points.

this too easy--we need to bet Dallas ???

onebadrubi

Wright st Over
Orlando game Over
Toronto game Over

Above are all tailed plays for 1 unit. 

I also like OKC -6. 

SPAL

userpick

1-0 tonight. 35-17 on the year. Hope for a big Saturday! See you guys tomorrow.

gotyacovered

Quote from: gotyacovered on January 22, 2016, 04:40:54 pm
this too easy--we need to bet Dallas ???

One of these days I'll learn...

Also, the biggest game we ALL missed today... And BY FAR the easiest on the board: Nets were done before tip... They packed it in for the All Star break...

As if that weren't bad enough... I went to put in NIU game tailin' UP and it was ova... They played at like 9am. Nice one.

Onward.

userpick

Good luck today guys.

Here are my plays:

35-17 YTD

Xavier -9
UCLA +8
Pepperdine +3
TCU +10

gotyacovered

Quote from: userpick on January 23, 2016, 11:20:09 am
Good luck today guys.

Here are my plays:

35-17 YTD

Xavier -9
UCLA +8
Pepperdine +3
TCU +10

Let's get em...

I'm on:
OU +1.5
San Diego St -7

Tailed UP on:
Xavier -9
Pepperdine +3
TCU +9.5

Looking to cash on Cavs 1st half for the 2nd time this year... (Brooklyn a couple games ago was the other) And at is the only two times I've played a 1st half bet. With Lebron & Co getting their way you'll see high energy and max effort early and resting legs late.

SPAL

Tailing today....I've had a rough couple of days and some bad beats.

userpick

Damn, seton hall scores at the end to beat me. Hope that's not a sign of things to come

userpick

Well if Pepperdine doesn't cover I'll have an o-fer. Love this game

SPAL

onebadrubi

Guys, got a question. I can get pats -2.5 and denver at + 4.  Any reason not to max bet both of these? 

Personal feeling is Brady gets it done but giving manning points at home is something to consider. Also keep in mind the ref selection I think was mentioned here during the week

Spikes

Would pick one team and bet

Denver +4 for me. 3 units
You only have one life, so you better enjoy it!

onebadrubi

I ended up only on denver and then as mentioned previously hammered carolina!!  I'm curious to see what the numbers will be for the SB.  I bet it's carolina favored but don't think they will give manning too many pointsz

gotyacovered

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 24, 2016, 09:13:20 pm
I ended up only on denver and then as mentioned previously hammered carolina!!  I'm curious to see what the numbers will be for the SB.  I bet it's carolina favored but don't think they will give manning too many pointsz

I had a couple good days... Let's get em again this week...

hogsanity

Came back after 2 weeks off and had a decent showing. Went 9-3-1. Split the nfl games. 2-0 nba 6-2-1 college bball.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ChicoHog

My site has Panthers -4.5 and over/under at 45.5.   

onebadrubi

Quote from: ChicoHog on January 24, 2016, 11:10:41 pm
My site has Panthers -4.5 and over/under at 45.5.   

That's what I've got as well.  The public is going to tease the HELL out of that!!!!  I Would have bet $100 last night it would not have been between 3 and 6.