Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs win again. Hogs win.I love it

Started by forrest city joe, January 27, 2018, 08:43:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SemperFi

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on January 28, 2018, 02:53:33 pm
He is winning games.  He's selling out Bud Walton.  And he got a contract extension.  And he is stinking it up in the post season.  And you can't even admit it or address or or answer a question about it because you know it's true.  But I think you answered the question without answering it.  As long as Mike is coach you don't care if we win the post season or not.  We know where you stand.  And we know you are afraid to discuss how we don't win in the tournament and that's okay too.  It's easier to call every one haters and act like a fool and a tool than admit Mike's post season performance leaves much to be desired. 

I like Mike Anderson a lot for the record.   But after seven years we have never won more than one game in the post season. And that means at best we have finished twice somewhere between the 16th best and 32nd best team in the country under his watch.  Because we sell out Bud Walton and because he got that extension in your mind that trumps 5 years of finishing 32nd or worse and two years of finishing between 16 and 32.   You're good with that.  We get it.  The rest of us are hoping for more every once in a while.  A sweet sixteen every three years isn't too much to ask for a program such as ours.  A final four every 5 or 6 years is not too much to ask either.  We know it doesn't matter to you.  In fact trying to explain anyone else's point of view to you, knowing you cannot comprehend it on any level due to your bizarre obsession with  mike Anderson, is a waste of time. 

This is my opinion on this matter as well. I'm sure that Mike Anderson is a good person and he does appear from my seat to love the UA and his players, but dang if post season just stinks under the man. We got screwed a little in last years NCAAT game against UNC and he had a chance to prove that the Hogs were the better team earlier in the season when we played UNC again, but got spanked. A huge missed opportunity.

I wanted Mike Anderson to succeed, but not because it's Mike Anderson, but because it's the Razorbacks. I still want him to succeed as our Head Coach, but once again because I'm all Razorback. I like that we beat OSU. I don't like that we keep having to come from double digits down to win in the end. I hate watching our offense standing around and the full court press does not work! I don't necessarily mind a back forth battle where the team with the ball last wins, but dang if we keep finding ourselves in these big holes we're going to fail more than we succeed. That's on the coach and he needs to change things to prevent that from happening if we're going to see any sustainable success. Otherwise, it'll be more of the same and an early exit in the NCAAT.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

daprospecta

Quote from: SemperFi on January 29, 2018, 11:03:23 am
This is my opinion on this matter as well. I'm sure that Mike Anderson is a good person and he does appear from my seat to love the UA and his players, but dang if post season just stinks under the man. We got screwed a little in last years NCAAT game against UNC and he had a chance to prove that the Hogs were the better team earlier in the season when we played UNC again, but got spanked. A huge missed opportunity.

I wanted Mike Anderson to succeed, but not because it's Mike Anderson, but because it's the Razorbacks. I still want him to succeed as our Head Coach, but once again because I'm all Razorback. I like that we beat OSU. I don't like that we keep having to come from double digits down to win in the end. I hate watching our offense standing around and the full court press does not work! I don't necessarily mind a back forth battle where the team with the ball last wins, but dang if we keep finding ourselves in these big holes we're going to fail more than we succeed. That's on the coach and he needs to change things to prevent that from happening if we're going to see any sustainable success. Otherwise, it'll be more of the same and an early exit in the NCAAT.
What I find funny is so many think there is a better coach out there waiting to come to Arkansas that will consistently make sweet 16 or better runs. Wake up!  There are only a few coaches out there that can do that and you know all their names and they are not coming to Arkansas.  We were good in the 90's, I remember it even though I was a small kid.  It's not the 90's.  We have a solid coach who has been to the elite 8 once and the sweet 16 twice.  He has proven he can do it. We are getting better recruits and making the tourney every year now.  You want to fire him to hire an up and comer who maybe(and that is a huge maybe) could get us to the sweet 16?  Do I get upset watching this team play at times? YES! I look at the entire picture though and the fact is we are 15-6 and barring a collapse, we will be in the tourney for the 3rd time in four years and we have good recruits coming down the pipeline. You see what we got from our football coach search and that was with a coach that deserved to be fired.  What caliber of coach do you think we would find where the expected result every year is sweet 16 or better?

cityhog

Quote from: daprospecta on January 29, 2018, 11:54:10 am
What I find funny is so many think there is a better coach out there waiting to come to Arkansas that will consistently make sweet 16 or better runs. Wake up!  There are only a few coaches out there that can do that and you know all their names and they are not coming to Arkansas.  We were good in the 90's, I remember it even though I was a small kid.  It's not the 90's.  We have a solid coach who has been to the elite 8 once and the sweet 16 twice.  He has proven he can do it. We are getting better recruits and making the tourney every year now.  You want to fire him to hire an up and comer who maybe(and that is a huge maybe) could get us to the sweet 16?  Do I get upset watching this team play at times? YES! I look at the entire picture though and the fact is we are 15-6 and barring a collapse, we will be in the tourney for the 3rd time in four years and we have good recruits coming down the pipeline. You see what we got from our football coach search and that was with a coach that deserved to be fired.  What caliber of coach do you think we would find where the expected result every year is sweet 16 or better?

Lowered expectations much?

daprospecta

Quote from: cityhog on January 29, 2018, 11:57:01 am
Logical expectations are what  I have.  At first, hogville wanted a team that would make the tourney every year and get better recruits, we have that now and all of a sudden, the expectation is sweet 16 or better. 

hogsanity

Quote from: daprospecta on January 29, 2018, 12:01:25 pm
Logical expectations are what  I have.  At first, hogville wanted a team that would make the tourney every year and get better recruits, we have that now and all of a sudden, the expectation is sweet 16 or better. 

except they have not made the ncaat every year, only 2 out of 6. Lets see them make it 5 or 6 years in a row then we can say they make it every year.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

forrest city joe

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 28, 2018, 09:42:27 pm
Mike Irwin said the extension was strictly for recruiting and has no bearing on how long mike will or won't be here. Do you agree?
Like any other coach Mike has to win. and he is winning and selling out Bud Walton.and recruiting is already done for this year.so they did not have to extend his contract.they could have waited to see how the season played out.they did not have to do this now.they did it because he is winning games,and selling out Bud Walton.you haters may as well give it up.Mike is going to be the coach here.you lost

The OTR

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 29, 2018, 12:54:23 pm
Like any other coach Mike has to win. and he is winning and selling out Bud Walton.and recruiting is already done for this year.so they did not have to extend his contract.they could have waited to see how the season played out.they did not have to do this now.they did it because he is winning games,and selling out Bud Walton.you haters may as well give it up.Mike is going to be the coach here.you lost

How do you know this chap PharmacistHog is a hater?  I happen to know the man and if he's anything he's a strong supporter of the University and Mike Anderson.   

You are incapable of any reason, logic, or common sense.  You go around spewing haters and crybabies at everyone before you even read what anyone has said about anything. 

In this case he was asking a questions regarding something Mike Irwin, who probably knows more than most of us, said about the reasoning for his extension.  Irwin stated that the reason for his extension is for recruiting purposes.  He asked if you believed that was the reason for his extension. 

Hawg Red

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 28, 2018, 09:42:27 pm
Mike Irwin said the extension was strictly for recruiting and has no bearing on how long mike will or won't be here. Do you agree?

Totally makes sense, though that was the reason for his last extension (which was also announced during the season).

hogsanity

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 29, 2018, 02:05:07 pm
Totally makes sense, though that was the reason for his last extension (which was also announced during the season).

we are always getting a class tow or 3 years out dangled in front of us with Mike. Three years ago, it was the current Fr class, it was going to save the program. Now it is the 19 or 20 class.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Cargill A. BullHog

There sure seems to be a lot of consternation regarding Coach A.  He must be the most polarizing figure in UA athletics since the infamous Houston Dale Nutt.  People love him or hate him.  I love him, he's so much better than John Pelphrey or Stanley Heath.  He's a real life basketball coach who took UAB to the dance and had Missouri ranked real high for a month.  We're just fortunate to have someone like that.  Without Coach A, our recruiting would be limited to afterthoughts and marginal players.  With Coach A we get one of the best recruiters in America.  And on top of that we get to watch the Fastest 40 minutes in basketball everytime they play.  Happy to be a Hog.  I love'em
I love my Razorbacks, Coach A, Coach M, Coach VH and all the players and fans.

3of5-2

Quote from: Cargill A. BullHog on January 29, 2018, 02:09:40 pm
There sure seems to be a lot of consternation regarding Coach A.  He must be the most polarizing figure in UA athletics since the infamous Houston Dale Nutt.  People love him or hate him.  I love him, he's so much better than John Pelphrey or Stanley Heath.  He's a real life basketball coach who took UAB to the dance and had Missouri ranked real high for a month.  We're just fortunate to have someone like that.  Without Coach A, our recruiting would be limited to afterthoughts and marginal players.  With Coach A we get one of the best recruiters in America.  And on top of that we get to watch the Fastest 40 minutes in basketball everytime they play.  Happy to be a Hog.  I love'em
Not many people hate him, most consider him to be a stand up guy. It's all of that other false crap you said that most people don't like. He is NOT one of the best recruiters in America, nobody cares about what he did 8-16 years ago, especially being ranked for a WHOLE month. We are definitely not the fastest 40 in basketball every time they play. He is better than CJP and CSH, but that's about it.

hogsanity

Quote from: 3of5-2 on January 29, 2018, 02:27:14 pm
Not many people hate him, most consider him to be a stand up guy. It's all of that other false crap you said that most people don't like. He is NOT one of the best recruiters in America, nobody cares about what he did 8-16 years ago, especially being ranked for a WHOLE month. We are definitely not the fastest 40 in basketball every time they play. He is better than CJP and CSH, but that's about it.

I do not think anyone hates Mike Anderson. I never met him, so how could I hate him? You are exactly right  though, I do not like the assertion by some that he is a great coach. He is not.

Mike, by all indications, is a really good stand up guy. Average coach. Average, at best, recruiter. Average game day coach. 

Cargill A. BullHog

Quote from: 3of5-2 on January 29, 2018, 02:27:14 pm

So, I think its safe to assume you are unhappy with the state of our basketball program?  Who would you want to get?

And about the false stuff.  Im not sure I follow you there.  Have our bball recruiting classes been in the top 20 most years hes here?  Next years class is suppossed to be stellar, top 5 class I think. WOuld you be willing to risk the talent in that class to change to an unproven coach right now?  And there are LOTS of people who care about what happened 24-16 years ago. We meet over at some friends house up near Fifty-Six once every other week, there have been many times when we've watched the VCR tape of our games against Duke and UCLA the next year.  We cheer and hoot for the first game, and almost cry everytime we watch the 2nd.  so theres 8-10 people right there that care about what he's done.

Now I've never timed the speed of how fast we run up and down the court (The Macon boy is the fastest on our team I think) but I know thats what Coach A calls his style of basketball, so out of respect thats what I call it.  At least we agree that hes better than Mr Pelphrey or Mr. Heath.

Thank you for talking to me, have a good day

Cargill A. BullHog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 29, 2018, 02:31:10 pm
I do not think anyone hates Mike Anderson. I never met him, so how could I hate him? You are exactly right  though, I do not like the assertion by some that he is a great coach. He is not.

Mike, by all indications, is a really good stand up guy. Average coach. Average, at best, recruiter. Average game day coach.

I think by "hate" im referring to coaching only.  I wouldn't want ANYONE to be hated, except possibly someone like Osama Bin Laden

He can recruit pretty good though, and if he's such a bad coach, why are we 11-1 in our last 12 1 possession games? Sounds like top notch coaching to me.  But Im old, I guess I could be wrong.

Thanks for talking to me

3of5-2

Quote from: Cargill A. BullHog on January 29, 2018, 03:15:52 pm
So, I think its safe to assume you are unhappy with the state of our basketball program?  Who would you want to get?

And about the false stuff.  Im not sure I follow you there.  Have our bball recruiting classes been in the top 20 most years hes here?  Next years class is suppossed to be stellar, top 5 class I think. WOuld you be willing to risk the talent in that class to change to an unproven coach right now?  And there are LOTS of people who care about what happened 24-16 years ago. We meet over at some friends house up near Fifty-Six once every other week, there have been many times when we've watched the VCR tape of our games against Duke and UCLA the next year.  We cheer and hoot for the first game, and almost cry everytime we watch the 2nd.  so theres 8-10 people right there that care about what he's done.

Now I've never timed the speed of how fast we run up and down the court (The Macon boy is the fastest on our team I think) but I know thats what Coach A calls his style of basketball, so out of respect thats what I call it.  At least we agree that hes better than Mr Pelphrey or Mr. Heath.

Thank you for talking to me, have a good day
I never said I was unhappy, never suggested getting another coach. Can we get better? Maybe, but exactly how long SHOULD it take to be a top tier program again? As of now, we are not. Your assumption that he is a top 20 recruiter, which I do disagree with, then why has that not translated to a top 20 team? I was not talking about what we did with Eddie and Nolan against Duke and UCLA, I was referring to what MA did at UAB and MO. It has not benefitted MA here at Arkansas, other than millions of dollars and extensions.

gchamblee

gchamblee

Quote from: daprospecta on January 28, 2018, 10:23:58 pm
I read this on my phone and I logged in on my computer to comment.  Since you are comparing the two, I will give you an opinion from a player who actually played on the hill and why CBB should have been fired. His team quit on him early and often and it started two years ago and snowballed into last year.  Houston Nutt was my coach. I will not defend the guy because he did something unfavorable that I was affected by. We never quit especially on defense.  You quit on the field and you might get a black eye after film sessions. Anyway, CBB had his team fighting tooth and nail in 2014-2015.  I enjoyed that season and we only won 6 games. Why?  We were losing because we were outclassed but not because of effort and game-plan.  The recruiting didn't get better, the game plan got worse and players starting quitting early and often. Compare that to CMA. Recruiting has gotten better, game-plan is the same and while we may lose, the players don't quit.  Do you see the difference?

Of course I do. In the end I was ready for CBB to be fired. I am not ready for CMA to be fired. Ive never called for him to be fired. Bit I would like to see some changes in our offense.

McKdaddy

Quote from: gchamblee on January 29, 2018, 04:51:14 pm

In the end I was ready for CBB to be fired. I am not ready for CMA to be fired. Ive never called for him to be fired. Bit I would like to see some changes in our offense.

Agreed.

Similar to CBB, I'd like to see the same old mistakes and flaws by Mike's team be reduced over time.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

TeufelHog

$2.2M a year for 7 years so far.  Show me the hardware.  Hasn't won a single SEC regular season championship, SEC tournament championship, or post-season March Madness "Sweet-16/Great-8/Final-4 Banner" for the rafters.  Sure he's a solid "winner" with a 142/80 record and .640 win percentage . . . 7 years, $14M+ and still no championships.

How much more time, how much more money does he get?

3of5-2

Quote from: TeufelHog on January 29, 2018, 07:31:03 pm
$2.2M a year for 7 years so far.  Show me the hardware.  Hasn't won a single SEC regular season championship, SEC tournament championship, or post-season March Madness "Sweet-16/Great-8/Final-4 Banner" for the rafters.  Sure he's a solid "winner" with a 142/80 record and .640 win percentage . . . 7 years, $14M+ and still no championships.

Careful now with all of those facts, some on here will accuse you of having an "agenda"

Johnny Bobo

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 29, 2018, 12:54:23 pm

spot on Joe!

Great job outing the hater Pharmacist Hog and his merry band of Anderson-hating window-face drum major Pakastanis

PonderinHog

Quote from: Johnny Bobo on January 30, 2018, 10:33:30 am
spot on Joe!

Great job outing the hater Pharmacist Hog and his merry band of Anderson-hating window-face drum major Pakastanis
+1 if I could, but I just smited you in another thread. 

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Johnny Bobo on January 30, 2018, 10:33:30 am
spot on Joe!

+1
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Kevin

$2.2M a year for 7 years so far.  Show me the hardware.  Hasn’t won a single SEC regular season championship, SEC tournament championship, or post-season March Madness “Sweet-16/Great-8/Final-4 Banner” for the rafters.  Sure he’s a solid “winner” with a 142/80 record and .640 win percentage . . . 7 years, $14M+ and still no championships.

best post on this subject. nice work
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

daprospecta

Would you really be satisfied with a sweet 16 banner? You know like I know that if we make the sweet 16 this year, next year, people will complain about not making the elite 8, final four and will mad we haven't won a championship. 

McKdaddy

Quote from: daprospecta on January 30, 2018, 11:29:47 am
Would you really be satisfied with a sweet 16 banner? You know like I know that if we make the sweet 16 this year, next year, people will complain about not making the elite 8, final four and will mad we haven't won a championship. 

Agreed.  I'd like to have seen 1 round of 16 after 6 seasons.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

southeasthog

Quote from: daprospecta on January 30, 2018, 11:29:47 am

Shouldn't we wait until we make that imaginary sweet 16 before you proclaim it won't be enough for some?

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: cityhog on January 29, 2018, 11:57:01 am

He is talking about program building v. Searching for a magic bullet
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Randohoggie

Quote from: McKdaddy on January 30, 2018, 11:46:45 am
Agreed.  I'd like to have seen 1 round of 16 after 6 seasons.

It's not like it has been out of reach.  We had UNC both second round losses, once when they were eventual national champions.  We played them toe to toe both times and just came up a little short.

To act like we haven't been a Sweet 16 level team those two years is disingenuous. 

3of5-2

Quote from: Randohoggie on January 30, 2018, 04:14:57 pm
It's not like it has been out of reach.  We had UNC both second round losses, once when they were eventual national champions.  We played them toe to toe both times and just came up a little short.

To act like we haven't been a Sweet 16 level team those two years is disingenuous.
You are the one that is being disingenuous. You are not a Sweet 16 level team unless you make it to the Sweet 16. A bunch of teams have "come up short", thus they are not a Sweet 16 level team. If you don't believe me, just ask The Nature Boy Ric Flair.

Randohoggie

Quote from: 3of5-2 on January 30, 2018, 04:26:42 pm
You are the one that is being disingenuous. You are not a Sweet 16 level team unless you make it to the Sweet 16. A bunch of teams have "come up short", thus they are not a Sweet 16 level team. If you don't believe me, just ask The Nature Boy Ric Flair.

That's a crock and if you have a lick of sense, you know it.  We lose a close game to eventual national champion and number 1 seed UNC after a number of questionable calls at the end of the game. 

Baylor beats a 14 seed and squeaks by an 11 seed to make the Sweet 16, where they get trounced by 20 by a 7 seed.  One we beat on its home floor.

They were a higher quality team?

No.  Say what you want, but no.

3of5-2

Quote from: Randohoggie on January 30, 2018, 04:35:39 pm
That's a crock and if you have a lick of sense, you know it.  We lose a close game to eventual national champion and number 1 seed UNC after a number of questionable calls at the end of the game. 

Baylor beats a 14 seed and squeaks by an 11 seed to make the Sweet 16, where they get trounced by 20 by a 7 seed.  One we beat on its home floor.

They were a higher quality team?

No.  Say what you want, but no.
When the HOGS get there, then you can toot your horn. Until then, we ain't no stinkin' Sweet 16 team.

Science Fiction Greg

I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

3of5-2

MAGA45

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 27, 2018, 08:43:52 pm
Congrats to our coaches and players on another good win.trail by as many as 13 points again tonight,and came back again and won.this team finds ways to win games.Beard went 2 of 11.Barford went 2 for 11.and the Hogs still found a way to win.OSU beat OU and won on the roard at FSU. and the Hogs beat them tonight.great coaching job by Mike Anderson and his staff.I FREAKING LOVE IT!

LUUUVVVVV ITTTTTT!!!!!!!!
Fake News

OkieBack

Quote from: MAGA45 on January 30, 2018, 10:02:17 pm

LUUUVVVVV ITTTTTT!!!!!!!!

I personally am glad the Hogs lost so that now all you Negative Nancy's actually have something to complain about.  Wow a road loss to a good team.  Surprising.  NOW let the bashing begin...

The_Iceman

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 28, 2018, 03:46:45 pm
We will lose the next two games. You know it and everyone knows it. So when will we hear from you after that?

Told ya. Totally absent after the pitiful loss by Mediocre Mike.

OkieBack

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 31, 2018, 09:01:29 am
Told ya. Totally absent after the pitiful loss by Mediocre Mike.

The Iceman groaneth.  Surprise...

Basketball fan

Not to forget osu played without two starters...one with flu and one with wrist

pigture perfect

I love it when we win too, but when we lose, we seem to get blown out and look clumsy doing it. I believe we are athletic enough to at least keep the games close. We've proven we can win those. We just can't seem to play 40 minutes. I thought our mantra was the fastest 40. Not anymore we aren't.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

The_Iceman

Quote from: OkieBack on January 31, 2018, 09:04:57 am
The Iceman groaneth.  Surprise...

So, you are happy with where this team is? Mike's 7th year, 6 seniors returning from an NCAA Team, and regressing game by game.

Kevin

Quote from: OkieBack on January 31, 2018, 08:55:33 am
I personally am glad the Hogs lost so that now all you Negative Nancy's actually have something to complain about.  Wow a road loss to a good team.  Surprising.  NOW let the bashing begin...

2-6 in the league, man that is a great team. I know they were top 5 in november. key word WERE.

they miles travelled to cover up for this coach is unbelievable.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

OkieBack

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 31, 2018, 12:36:50 pm
So, you are happy with where this team is? Mike's 7th year, 6 seniors returning from an NCAA Team, and regressing game by game.

With the existing talent that hasn't gone onto the NBA?  Yes.  I have eyes and can see MA is doing some coaching.  But obviously my expectations are lower than yours for this particular team.  I don't believe Coach Anderson has an unlimited amount of time with the UofA, but from reports I believe he has made a significant step in recruiting.  I'm just not to the point you are where you want to pull the trigger on MA and hope a better coach steps into the program.  It's been much worse than it is now. 

We are competitive now but I am hopeful MA has already begun to fill the gaps in this teams makeup.  By 2020 if the Hogs have not reached the Sweet 16 then at that point in time I'll probably be right there with you calling for Mike's head.   But my memory of Pelphrey and Heath are still to vivid to say I want MA gone.   Its way too easy to hire a new coach who won't be able to achieve in the SEC what little you say MA has achieved already.

draftkings33

Quote from: OkieBack on January 31, 2018, 01:09:43 pm
With the existing talent that hasn't gone onto the NBA?  Yes.  I have eyes and can see MA is doing some coaching.  But obviously my expectations are lower than yours for this particular team.  I don't believe Coach Anderson has an unlimited amount of time with the UofA, but from reports I believe he has made a significant step in recruiting.  I'm just not to the point you are where you want to pull the trigger on MA and hope a better coach steps into the program.  It's been much worse than it is now. 

We are competitive now but I am hopeful MA has already begun to fill the gaps in this teams makeup.  By 2020 if the Hogs have not reached the Sweet 16 then at that point in time I'll probably be right there with you calling for Mike's head.   But my memory of Pelphrey and Heath are still to vivid to say I want MA gone.   Its way too easy to hire a new coach who won't be able to achieve in the SEC what little you say MA has achieved already.
Exactly

hogsanity

With the existing talent that hasn't gone onto the NBA? 

what talent should be on this team but has left for the NBA?

hobhog

Recruiting is better but still not top 25 material from what ive read. If he can't make it with 3 senior guards and a future NBA center  when can he ever?

I can't watch this program fester like this for 3 more years. 2020? Really?

HogBreath

Quote from: hobhog on January 31, 2018, 01:37:24 pm
Recruiting is better but still not top 25 material from what ive read. If he can't make it with 3 senior guards and a future NBA center  when can he ever?

I can't watch this program fester like this for 3 more years. 2020? Really?
Well...we did have Bobby Portis, who was a SEC player of the year, and Moses Kingsley, who was a SEC preseason player of the year, on the same squad for two years, and still only managed one NCAA tourney win in those two seasons.

They have to fit properly in the "system". 

I recall Moses being asked what had propelled him forward so much from his soph. to junior season, he said it was just getting some playing time.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Pigsear

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 28, 2018, 12:56:12 pm
Does not matter if they hate him or not.i don't care if they like him. he is the head coach,and he's winning.and these haters whining and crying about firing him has gotten very old.that goes for them.and it goes for you.
I didn't ask if you cared, or if it mattered, I ask if you believed that everyone who disagreed with his coaching hated him. Simple yes or no question.

3of5-2

Quote from: Pigsear on February 03, 2018, 10:46:07 am
I didn't ask if you cared, or if it mattered, I ask if you believed that everyone who disagreed with his coaching hated him. Simple yes or no question.
We're sorry, but FCJ is temporarily out of service until the Hogs win again.

raz1965

In all sincerity I hope to see a post from FCJ this afternoon .