Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I remember the exact place I was the day I heard Bielema was hired....

Started by KCRazorbackfan, October 08, 2017, 08:18:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

KCRazorbackfan

I was on the 15th hole of the Paradise Pointe Outlaw Course in Smithville, MO; we had just moved there.  I heard the name, looked up his stats at Wisconsin and thought "damn, this is a great hire".  Damn, was I wrong :puke:.  IT'S. TIME. FOR. A. CHANGE with both him and Long.

Where were you and what was your reaction to the hire?
Life took me to Central Florida, but I'll always be a Razorback.

Jzilla

I was at work and hated the hire when we made it, knew it would be nutt 2.0 but it's even worse than I thought!!

Swestwill66

Just got home from work and turned on ESPN. I saw the crawler and scratched my head and said out loud, huuuuhh.

Dr. Starcs

I was on hogville reading porkatarian telling us we were getting Chris Peterson. Oh how I wish he were right that time.

moses_007

I was at home when I heard the news and I didn't have a clue who Bret Bielema was.

Bacons Rebellion

On my couch, looking at message boards.

I wasn't 100% happy, but I'm going to back any coach we have for as long as I can. I thought CBB had a plan that had a chance. He needed to recruit talented lineman nationwide year after year, and he really on got about 2 or 3 lineman of the caliber he needed.

lakecityhog

I was at work and my boss told me. I asked for the next day off and he asked why, I told him I wanted to drive to Fayetteville to kick Jeff Long's ass!
I must admit that parts of 2104 and 2015 got me to thinking that he might be able to get us where we wanted to be. Then along comes Toledo and Texas Tech at home.

hogcard1964

I was at work and convinced we were getting Gundy. I was really disappointed by Bielema. But then he did such a good job at the press conference I was won over.

Turns out I was right the first time.

Hoggie17

moses_007

jrulz83

I was on Gordon Street. Oh....yes, Gordon Street. I once knew a girl who lived on Gordon Street. Long time ago, I was a young man then. Not a day passes that I don't think of her and a promise I made which I will always keep that one perfect day on Gordon Street.
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

PoormansRobbyHampton

I was at work, like a lot of you, and I wasn't sure of the fit at first, but I did like the resume and thought he would figure it out.

Turns out, I was right to question the fit and was wrong that he would figure it out.

rljjr

I read some media reports it would be Gundy, got a little irritated, then those reports were retracted and Bielema was announced. I was shocked and enthused. I would love it if he won out this season because I really, really like him as a person. Unfortunately I don't think that's going to happen.

Hoggie17

Quote from: PoormansRobbyHampton on October 08, 2017, 09:48:59 pm
I was at work, like a lot of you, and I wasn't sure of the fit at first, but I did like the resume and thought he would figure it out.

Turns out, I was right to question the fit and was wrong that he would figure it out.
I never thought he would win at Arkansas. He was going to play Ala type football, can't win Arkansas  playing Alabama football.

Calling All Hogs

I was using the toilet when I found out.  I had just looked behind me for reading material, and happened upon a copy of Walt Whitman's Leaves Of Grass. In it I saw a curious note addressed to WW which lead to to wonder if my brother-in-law was the meth dealer I had been looking for. But then I heard about Bielema and got so upset I forgot about the brother-in-law and never followed up on it.

Sapperhog

I was in Afghanistan. Got back from a mission and walked into the TOC and a guy told me the news. I shook my head and walked out. My first thought was hearing how happy my family in Wisconsin would be that they were done with him.

Tusks

I still lived in metro Atlanta, Milton GA.  When I heard it I thought, that's not going to work out well.  So far it's gone exactly like I thought.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Jimbob111

I was at the doctor, following on the internet while waiting for the announcement. My first thought was damn. Houston Nutt without the hokiness.

I was right.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

bulldog04

I was reading hogville knowing we were getting Chris Peterson or a man that is 40 and got blindsided by the CBB hire.  Of course I took the bait and bought what he was selling.

greenEGnHAWGS

I was at work and was super excited about the hire. My first thought was that we were a lock in getting Tenpenny.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

jkstock04

I was at home...I wasn't super impressed with the hire mainly because I viewed the Big 10 as pretty much a joke back then. I looked at who Wisconsin was playing and basically Bielema had one or two big games per year. With our schedule you had big games almost every week.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Wild Bill Hog

At work.  I was (and still am) greatly pissed off by Long's egotistical firing of Bobby Petrino.  I was flipping back and forth from work stuff to Hogville and expecting Gundy to be hired.  When I read it was Bert I snickered and wondered what the story behind the hire was.  I figured he was clueless about what he was getting into.  I was right.

Boarcephus

I was at work and from the instant I heard it was Bielema I hated the hire. A big 10 coach with no ties to the south.I did a quick Google search and saw where his recruiting classes at Wisconsin averaged around 50th in the country and I thought no way can you recruit like that and win in the SEC.   In that respect, I would dead on.

In one area I would dead wrong on was his personality. The only times I have seen him was on the sideline with he beat Nutt's team with McFadden's bunch I thought he was one dull SOB.   The guy is just flat out likable.    I hate it for him and I hate it for us.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.