Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

recruiter

Started by Kevin, March 26, 2006, 08:07:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

the thing people hang their hat on when talking about heath is he can recruit.  Well, in my opinion our sophmores and freshman cannot touch LSU or FLorida's talent.  I know we beat florida so save that one.  match them up player for player.

so now what. >:(
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Cornhogio

Quote from: Kevin on March 26, 2006, 08:07:54 pm
the thing people hang their hat on when talking about heath is he can recruit.  Well, in my opinion our sophmores and freshman cannot touch LSU or FLorida's talent.  I know we beat florida so save that one.  match them up player for player.

so now what. >:(

Thing about LSU that's sick is that all those recruits are from the Red Stick area.  It would be nice if we could land five Ronnie Brewers in NWA, but not likely to happen.
Society is responsible for the night that it produces.

CiriusPorker

maybe its just that Stan can't get the RIGHT talent.

A million dollars in monopoly doesn't make you a real millionaire.

three

Granted, Heath's recruiting certainly isn't on par with Brady (and if you doubt his ability to recruit, look at his wife....she ain't with him for his looks!!!) or Donovan.  Why, not because he can't judge talent, but because he can't recruit guards.  Ask Daniel Gibson (chose Texas over Ark.) and Kyle Lowry (chose freaking Villanova over us) if they'd rather walk it up and throw it inside or run it a little more like they did this year at those two schools.  College basketball is and always will be a guard's game.  If you have big men, you can do well, but you need a guard to hold it all together.  Stan HAS NEVER SUCCESSFULLY RECRUITED A GUARD. 

And, by the way, he still had enough talent to get to the Final Four, and couldn't do it.  He's not as a good at recruiting as people think, and is even worse at coaching than people think.
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

berryhog

Quote from: CiriusPorker on March 26, 2006, 08:16:18 pm

That's funny as hell, but true.  Hopefully, the upcoming class will fill our needs.

freedomcounty

It doesn't hurt Donovan or Brady that they are recruiting from two of the deepest talent pools in the nation, Louisiana and Florida.

Zen_Hog

Florida isn't known for basketball as much as other states.

CiriusPorker

Quote from: freedomcounty on March 26, 2006, 08:42:21 pm
It doesn't hurt Donovan or Brady that they are recruiting from two of the deepest talent pools in the nation, Louisiana and Florida.

and mississippi??

*snicker*

Table Rocker

3 or 4 of those guys were from Baton Rouge another from in state, wasn't some amazing recruting job Brady did, he kept guys at home, that's it. If we had that kind of talent in our state our talent would be alot better, so now who you gonna blame, the high school or junior high coaches that develop these guys?

three

Quote from: Sports a Mustache on March 26, 2006, 08:49:10 pm
3 or 4 of those guys were from Baton Rouge another from in state, wasn't some amazing recruting job Brady did, he kept guys at home, that's it. If we had that kind of talent in our state our talent would be alot better, so now who you gonna blame, the high school or junior high coaches that develop these guys?
No one's claiming Brady does a phenomenal job recruiting.  The point is, that's supposed to be Heath's strong point.  He's not great at that, because our talent didn't measure up to the talent of other teams, and he definitely can't develope players, so what is he supposed to be good at?  We have a head coach who isn't GOOD at anything!!
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

Richard_white

Quote from: CiriusPorker on March 26, 2006, 08:16:18 pm

So true, +1

Has Stan actually recrutied a true PG?  McCurdy, but he never plays him.

Ugly Uncle

He recruited well enough that we could go much deeper and have a much better record than we had this year.  I just don't think he used that talent well.  It seems he has a seniority priority problem.  Lack of leadership was our main problem.  On which level that was most evident is up to debate.  Leadership on the court or leadership on the sidelines?
Retired Radio Host

Richard_white

Buy the book Stan, Basketball 101

Richard_white

Quote from: razorbacks4life27 on March 27, 2006, 03:25:59 am

And that goes to Houston Nutt as well

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: razorbacks4life27 on March 27, 2006, 03:27:26 am
Quote from: razorbacks4life27 on March 27, 2006, 03:25:59 am

And that goes to Houston Nutt as well

Nutt isn't ready for Football 101...he needs Remedial Football.
Retired Radio Host

Porky OLeary

Quote from: uglyuncle on March 27, 2006, 03:07:26 am
He recruited well enough that we could go much deeper and have a much better record than we had this year.  I just don't think he used that talent well.  It seems he has a seniority priority problem.  Lack of leadership was our main problem.  On which level that was most evident is up to debate.  Leadership on the court or leadership on the sidelines?

Stan took a senior team to the final 8 at kent. Wonder if he thinks that's the secret?

lunchbox72703

I think Stan's problem is that he recruits "superstars" and not "team players".  Most of these kids were their highschool team alone, scoring and producing all by themselves.  Stan needs to focus on a group of kids that know how to play together, not the ones that just want a spectacular highlite reel.