Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My prediction. Watch the referees try to help UCLA into the finals

Started by idochog, March 26, 2006, 06:42:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

idochog

I love Jesus!

fineswine

I agree.  I firmly believe this is what happened with Memphis.  The NCAA and CBS have too much at stake to lose viewership.

razorback3072

It's obvious there is a bias but you would think CBS would love it since they have such a big contract with the SEC in BB and FB.
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

Table Rocker

idochog

Quote from: razorback3072 on March 26, 2006, 07:03:36 pm
It's obvious there is a bias but you would think CBS would love it since they have such a big contract with the SEC in BB and FB.

Its all about ad dollars and they would be rolling in w/ the LA market in the finals.
I love Jesus!

fineswine

Quote from: Sports a Mustache on March 26, 2006, 07:20:23 pm
conspiracy theory was a terrible movie
I agree it was a terrible movie, but where do movies come from?  Hollywood (L.A.) All the money is out there.  They don't make commercials in Baton Rouge.

pigfeet

Broken Trigger

Quote from: fineswine on March 26, 2006, 06:48:16 pm
I agree.  I firmly believe this is what happened with Memphis.  The NCAA and CBS have too much at stake to lose viewership.

I don't know if that helped much.  UCLA shot free throws worse than Arkansas.  If anything that benefited Memphis.  I think what beat Memphis was that horrendous 3 pt. shooting.

fineswine

Quote from: RazorbackRick on March 26, 2006, 08:16:01 pm

I don't know if that helped much.  UCLA shot free throws worse than Arkansas.  If anything that benefited Memphis.  I think what beat Memphis was that horrendous 3 pt. shooting.
That's true, but UCLA shot so many of them.  The entire Memphis team was in deep foul trouble.  I hate Calipari and Memphis, but I thought they got the screws put to them.

Table Rocker

No one in LA cares about sports, they are the second largest media market in the country and they can't even keep a pro football team. CBS isn't gonna "rig" the tournament so a small percentage of Southern Califorinians will actually tune into the game and pay attention for a full two hours.

CiriusPorker

how dare you guys question the ethics of money hungry companies?  they are upstanding individuals and professionals and only broadcast the games for all of our viewing pleasure..

RandyFromJohnson

Quote from: idochog on March 26, 2006, 07:20:57 pm
Quote from: razorback3072 on March 26, 2006, 07:03:36 pm

Its all about ad dollars and they would be rolling in w/ the LA market in the finals.
Good theory, except that ads were likely sold out 12 months ago.

PIGINAPOKE

The refs helped ucla beat arkansas in 95??  Lay down the pipe!

UCLA had  one of the best guards scoring =out. Toby Baily a freshman, Stuffed balls all night long on a senior ladden arkansas team ? Remember the reverse in your mug one? Where Baily out ran the whole hog team , only to reverse lay=up and laugh, Hanging on the rim?
The refs helped there..   It is classic to see the blind fight for bait when the lake is dry.
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

CiriusPorker

BigHog396

The officiating has been pretty horrendous on both sides of the ball, all tournament long.  It did look like they were trying their best to make Florida beat 'Nova 8-on-5 to keep 2 SEC teams from making the Final Four.  Can you imagine the reaction of all the big shot pundit's if it were a rematch of the SEC finals to win the Big Dance?  This would be the first time a single conference represented both teams in the finals since Kansas and OU in '88.  It would be pretty shocking to most since the SEC was rated as being "down" this year by all the big shot sports writers.

BigHog396

Quote from: hogapalooza on March 26, 2006, 09:13:20 pm
Quote from: PIGINAPOKE on March 26, 2006, 08:54:48 pm
The refs helped ucla beat arkansas in 95??  Lay down the pipe!

UCLA had  one of the best guards scoring =out. Toby Baily a freshman, Stuffed balls all night long on a senior ladden arkansas team ? Remember the reverse in your mug one? Where Baily out ran the whole hog team , only to reverse lay=up and laugh, Hanging on the rim?
The refs helped there..   It is classic to see the blind fight for bait when the lake is dry.
You did not read my post?  Maybe that is the problem you have trouble reading?

Lay down the pipe! I will and do every time I am w/ your mom?

I never said they were not a good team? Or that they didn't have good guard play.  I said that they Beat on The Big Nasty ALL game.

So you have an opinion...... WOOOOPTY DOOO!  it is differant then mine. GO figure.

You need to watch the game again and watch the INSIDE play and see just how C/W was pushed and shoved all game.

But I know you Know it all!

now this will probably get moved to vent???

SMITE THIS!
The lack of fouls called while Corliss was getting pounded in that game was a big part of the reason he left early.  His parents didn't want him getting beat up every time he hit the court.  I remember the game very well, and Zidek and the rest of the UCLA post players hacked Corliss EVERY time he touched the ball.  That totally changed the complection of the game, and was the reason UCLA won.  It was a great game plan, and the officials let them get away with it.

hogs777

of course the officials let them get away with it. it was played on the west coast. but it wouldn't have mattered if it was anywhere else cause they sure were not going to let us hillbillies from Arkansas win again.
GO HOGS!!!!

Broken Trigger

Quote from: fineswine on March 26, 2006, 08:19:05 pm
Quote from: RazorbackRick on March 26, 2006, 08:16:01 pm

That's true, but UCLA shot so many of them.  The entire Memphis team was in deep foul trouble.  I hate Calipari and Memphis, but I thought they got the screws put to them.

I do see where losing Dorsey early in the first half, really hurt them.  The funny thing was how the announcers were praising UCLA for playing awesome offense, when in truth they were missing a lot of shots.  They finally starting making a few on the interior, but they were anything but a well-oiled machine.  Anyway, i am still glad Memphis lost.

Patch

Quote from: BigHog396 on March 26, 2006, 09:11:48 pm
The officiating has been pretty horrendous on both sides of the ball, all tournament long.  It did look like they were trying their best to make Florida beat 'Nova 8-on-5 to keep 2 SEC teams from making the Final Four.  Can you imagine the reaction of all the big shot pundit's if it were a rematch of the SEC finals to win the Big Dance?  This would be the first time a single conference represented both teams in the finals since Kansas and OU in '88.  It would be pretty shocking to most since the SEC was rated as being "down" this year by all the big shot sports writers.

slight correction. LSU didn't play Florida in the SEC finals. It was South Carolina. Florida beat LSU like a dog in the semi-finals... and like you, I would love to see an all SEC final. 

BigHog396

Quote from: Patch on March 26, 2006, 10:53:33 pm
Quote from: BigHog396 on March 26, 2006, 09:11:48 pm

slight correction. LSU didn't play Florida in the SEC finals. It was South Carolina. Florida beat LSU like a dog in the semi-finals... and like you, I would love to see an all SEC final. 
Sorry about that, long weekend.  I don't know what I was thinking.