Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For those wondering whether or not the practices will be closed......

Started by TulsaHawg, March 26, 2006, 11:38:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TulsaHawg

pigfeet

WTH, I was hoping at least a couple a week would be open.

HatfieldHog

The infamous black tarps,  that just about says it all. 

I sure hope something better comes out from behind those tarps than it did last year.

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

mbgrulz

i like them being closed. we're putting in a new offense and other teams will be trying to see what all the fuss is about. now maybe it can be a secret at least for the 1st couple of games.

jabohog

The no huddle spread mixed with the hat on a hat run, will definately be interesting to see. The first couple of days are open, the rest of the schedule hasn't been set, but by Tulsa's pictures it don't look good.

Patch

I just don't see the point. What team is actually going to go to the trouble to send a "scout" to watch our first couple SPRING practices. We're not putting a game plan together for any particular team. Do the other teams want to see how our new practice helmets look? or what Nutt's fingernails look like after 4 months of not chewing on them.

Not to mention the best time to get a look at our new offense will be the Red White Game, and any and everyone can come and watch it. Think about one of us going to Ole Miss and watching their spring practices. How in the he!! is that going to help the Razorbacks beat them in October.

CiriusPorker

These have not come down yet.  Which tells me that it just hasn't been done.  I don't think you can make that kind of inference yet.  Besides, I don't think many other teams are all that worried about Gus Malzahn this year, which is what makes it great.  He's going undetected at the moment.

94 Hawg

call CTU, have them record the satellite data, upload it to putfile
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

Shhhhh...Numb Nutts, Broyles and Lindsey don't want the world to know that hiring Malzahn was all smoke and mirrors. They want USC to THINK we'll be running the hurry up high school offense when in reality, we're going to totally fake them out (as usual) by running the same off tackle right 37 times in a row.
Yeah, I told Ferret Mop, et al in 2005 that hiring Mal-a-za-wan was just smoke and mirrors from Dale to get Mustain and the others from Springdale to commit...and keep the stadium and the RF coffers full...but did they believe me? Hell no, I got banned. I told ya so.

If you contribute money to this fluster cluck, you are a sucker.

mikeirwin

You are jumping the gun. The tarp does not necessarily mean closed practices. Look closer over by Barnhill. The tarp is currently along Razorback Road ONLY. That is done for safety issues. Drivers often rear end other drivers when gawking through the fence at practice.
I've already posted this in the spring practice thread at the top of the MMQB board.
Practice is open Monday and Tuesday.
A decision will be made about the rest of the practices sometime later this week.

Sonofahog

Quote from: 94 Hawg on March 26, 2006, 03:34:46 pm
call CTU, have them record the satellite data, upload it to putfile

Send in Jack Bauer,  since he isn't really dead and he survived the Centex nerve gas deployment in CTU
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

CiriusPorker

Quote from: mikeirwin on March 26, 2006, 06:29:17 pm
You are jumping the gun. The tarp does not necessarily mean closed practices. Look closer over by Barnhill. The tarp is currently along Razorback Road ONLY. That is done for safety issues. Drivers often rear end other drivers when gawking through the fence at practice.
I've already posted this in the spring practice thread at the top of the MMQB board.
Practice is open Monday and Tuesday.
A decision will be made about the rest of the practices sometime later this week.

I've almost hit people as i was watching cheerleading practice....so, i can definitely understand the concerns about safety ;)

chiefsfan

Quote from: Fresh Legs on March 26, 2006, 01:30:39 pm
Do those tarps truly block out everything?  Besides, its not like there aren't hills in Fayetteville.  Is Nutt naive enough to think that is someone wants to send a scout that they won't be able to see what he's doing.  Think about it.  How hard would it be?  Send a guy out there in a Razorback t-shirt or polo and he looks like the rest of us

Maybe Nutt should do things the ASU way

at ASU practices are generally open, unless you have any sort of equipment like a camera or a video camera, then its closed to you, and you only.  I was shooting a video last year during one of ASU's practices just outside the football stadium.  Took about 5 minutes for 2 coaches in a golf cart to come by and make sure I wasnt up to no good...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Calling All Hogs

Wow. Here is the scene now after this was posted on Hogville and Mike Irwin declared: "Mr. Nutt.
Tear down that wall"! LOL

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: chiefsfan on March 26, 2006, 11:50:43 pm
Do those tarps truly block out everything?  Besides, its not like there aren't hills in Fayetteville.  Is Nutt naive enough to think that is someone wants to send a scout that they won't be able to see what he's doing.  Think about it.  How hard would it be?  Send a guy out there in a Razorback t-shirt or polo and he looks like the rest of us

at ASU practices are generally open, unless you have any sort of equipment like a camera or a video camera, then its closed to you, and you only.  I was shooting a video last year during one of ASU's practices just outside the football stadium.  Took about 5 minutes for 2 coaches in a golf cart to come by and make sure I wasnt up to no good...

Can we just take pictures of Nutt sitting in the bleachers?  After all, isn't that a fantasy of most Razorback fans?
Retired Radio Host

Richard_white

Quote from: uglyuncle on March 27, 2006, 01:31:15 am
Quote from: chiefsfan on March 26, 2006, 11:50:43 pm

Can we just take pictures of Nutt sitting in the bleachers?  After all, isn't that a fantasy of most Razorback fans?

Nutt is going to be to busy giving Gus coffee

Lando Calrissian

nm

(I tried to post a picture...and it didn't work...and it made me feel really dumb.)
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Richard_white

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on March 27, 2006, 03:04:17 am
nm

(I tried to post a picture...and it didn't work...and it made me feel really dumb.)

Blame it on the alcohol, I do

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: razorbacks4life27
Blame it on the alcohol, I do

Wish I could.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.