Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charles Balentine

Started by berryhog, March 26, 2006, 08:46:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

berryhog

I know his shot to beat NC was one of the biggest in UA history.  I'm not trying to start another greatest shot thread, just thought this was a good article.

http://www.jonesborosun.com/story.asp?ID=15084

pigfeet

One of my favorite players of all time. Great read.

Squealers

I worked with Charles for many years at WM.  He is a class act.  It was fun to set him up while we would travel.....In resturants we would start spreading the word that CB was the man who took down Micheal Jordan, and before too long a huge crowd would gather and CB would be telling the story and signing autographs, as we would ease out of the eatery, CB would give us that look like "I am going to kill you dogs!!"    It was all in good fun, and I was proud that he got the props he deserved. 

ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

tulsahog36

That was one the best weekends in Razorback Basketball History.  On Saturday they won @SMU, who was a top 20 team that year and had future NBA player Jon Koncak playing center; then on Sunday they beat North Carolina.   

tulsahog36

I can still remember all 5 starters from that team:  Charles Balentine, Leroy Sutton, Joe Klein, Alvin Robetson and ???(Ok, I remember 4 of the starters).   I also remember William Bedford coming off the bench vs. North Carolina and playing a key role scoring 10 points and the tv annourcer telling Bedford to "come back to earth".    What a great moment that was, I didn't take my hog hat off the rest of the day.   

rricha