Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How many people here follow Razorback lacrosse?

Started by Cville Hog, March 26, 2006, 12:51:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Cville Hog

I went to watch the Hogs play Harding University today . It was an amazing game all the way through. It was my first lacrosse game and it was pretty exciting.

RazorWire

Yeah it used to be the guys in the Tavern playing lawn darts ...

Somebody said hey " these fookers are good ".

But they cut out the drinking, taught us fundamentals and our attention spans were exceeded ...

razorback44

March 26, 2006, 01:03:51 am #2 Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 02:07:51 am by razorback44
Quote from: Fresh Legs on March 26, 2006, 12:54:59 am
Quote from: Cville Hog on March 26, 2006, 12:51:29 am
I went to watch the Hogs play Harding University today . It was an amazing game all the way through. It was my first lacrosse game and it was pretty exciting.

We have lacrosse?  That was serious too.  Not one of those smart aleck questions you get when someone asks about Suzie Gardner and the ladybacks.

Yeah apparently we do.  The NWATimes has actually started reporting on it, something they never did for rugby.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

Skip Foreplay

Quote from: razorback44 on March 26, 2006, 01:03:51 am

We have lacrosse?  That was serious too.  Not one of those smart aleck questions you get when someone asks about Suzie Gardner and the ladybacks.

Yeah apparently we do.  The NWATimes has actually started reporting on it and carrying stories in the paper.
Wow I thought they were talking about Louisana motocross

BRUTUS POUNDCAKE

March 26, 2006, 11:10:12 am #4 Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 12:53:25 pm by BRUTUS POUNDCAKE

Here is an Early 90's photo of HOGS Lacrosse beating Oklahoma State.

Smithian

Everything depends on whether I will go to a game or not...

...Do they Call the Hawgs?

pfrg999

Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

HokieHawg

Okay, most important question: Did we win yesterday?

Factual Fiction

Mumsey and I never miss a game. In fact we had Winchester buy us matching cardigans. We also bring along the gardeners so they can call the Hogs.

Cville Hog

The Hogs lost to Harding. I can't remember the exact score. The also played Memphis last night.

lyon98

March 26, 2006, 01:49:45 pm #10 Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 01:52:10 pm by lyon98
Quote from: HoopHog on March 26, 2006, 12:25:10 pm
Lacrosse is a wicked exciting game...at many schools (like Syracuse, North Carolina, Maryland) many of the lacrosse players are also members of the football team.  It is cool to see Arkansas joining the ranks of schools with lacrosse teams...east coast here we come! :D

North Carolina, very good in recent years, is a relatively new comer to lacrosse, it was a club team in the early 70s or late 60s. Johns Hopkins, MD and  VA are the only southern school with a lengthy major lacrosse history. It's stretching a point to include MD and Hopkins as southern, maybe "among the most southern" schools. All three had fine programs before WWII. 

Barney Poole, an AA ennd from UNC, West Point and ole miss, played lacrosse while at WP. Coach Blaik made his receivers and def backs play in the off season. So Poole told me.
What Is A Veteran?

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.

returntoglory

harding skanked the hogs. i was there and i must say that the hogs are a pretty dirty bunch of punks on the playing field. they didnt play a very clean game, but also harding is number 6 in the nation in their league. so they didnt make a terrible showing.

murray-vegas

Quote from: razorback44 on March 26, 2006, 01:03:51 am
Yeah apparently we do.  The NWATimes has actually started reporting on it, something they never did for rugby.
Never did it for volleyball club either and we played in Indonesia in 94. Man I wish they had lacross on campus back then...

SpaCityBulldog

Quote from: HoopHog on March 26, 2006, 12:25:10 pm
Lacrosse is a wicked exciting game...at many schools (like Syracuse, North Carolina, Maryland) many of the lacrosse players are also members of the football team.  It is cool to see Arkansas joining the ranks of schools with lacrosse teams...east coast here we come! :D

That's how my father got involved with Lacrosse.  He played football at PSU and duing the off season the Lacrosse coach (Nick Theil) got a bunch of football players to play for him.  It's a great game.

18hog09

yeah, it's just a club team in it's first year.  they went 1-1 this weekend with a win over memphis.  they have about a month until thier next game and they don't have anymore home games.  at least we beat memphis in lacrosse since we didn't have a chance in basketball.

Ex-Trumpet

We have Ladybacks?!? 

P.S.  What ever happened to "Lady Razorbacks?"  Why "Ladybacks?"  Were they being called "Sows?"
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?