Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A few takes on March Madness

Started by abq, March 26, 2006, 12:27:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

abq

Now that half the Final Four as been decided I thought I might throw down a few thoughts on the tournament. I'll begin by stating I know nothing about the stratagery of college hoops, or any hoops for that matter, except for HoopHog, who I love like the Asian kid my parents adopted when I was 9. Just kidding, no way was that kid Asian and who has a moustache when they're 7?

Anyway, Duke. Yes, I laughed when Redick cried, just like I laughed when Morrison cried...and then lay down...and then stomped his feet...and then, in the ultimate act of defiance, washed his hair, rinsed, repeated for best results. That kid had to smell. I wonder if he brushes his teeth. Anyway, back to Duke. Who thinks they would be the media darling they are if they played in the SEC? God knows we need someone else for HDN to wish we played against in football every year. Which brings me to....

LSU: The Big Baby. Dude cracks me up. I love to watch him run. It's like a cross between Forrest Gump and my Aunt Mable when her Depends is close to full. Strong stuff though. I'm actually rooting hard for this LSU team and enjoying watching them win. I hope they go all the way. Oh, and *** Face's wife was a stripper named Misty Champagne? I think we "car dated" once back in the early 90's. Intriguing!

Texas: Glad to see them go if only so I don't have to see disgusting burnt orange on my 52 inch plasma. Orange and plasma don't mix as I learned back in college when a sorority chick I was dating puked in my roommates bed after a night of drinking California Coolers (remember those?). Come to think of it, I believe her name was Misty.

West Virginia: Frank, just beat Texas I screamed while singing Texas Bite, Texas Bite, Texas jump up and bite my ass. I love saying Pigsnoggle. Or is that dude's name Pitsnoggle? Whatever the hell it is, he wasn't the factor this year that he was last year. Daddy got him a coal mining job though so it's all cool. Beats playing for Lithuania in NBA Europe, although I hear the chicks there are hot, if only that dude in the Tavern could figure out how to post a pic.

Memphis: What the hell happened here? I'm betting everything that Calimara has something to do with the rising crime rate in Memphis. UCLA owned. I love UCLA. I grew up poorer than dirt in southeast Arkansas wanting to go to college at UCLA. I wondered why until we took a Hogville trip out to the Rose Bowl to watch them own Oklahomo. I watched UCLA's cheerleaders tonight and just like at the football game they only needed a stripper pole to make their act complete. You gotta love that, unless your daughter is a UCLA cheerleader. Back when I was a kid they owned college basketball. I figured UCLA had to be an awesome place, with indoor plumbing and palm trees. I wasn't disappointed as I peed on one of the many palms available on the golf course outside the Rose Bowl. Just a beautiful place that I would recommend everyone experience.

Bradley: Ok, I missed it. Where the hell is Bradley? I once knew a Bradley. His dad was a service tech for JCPenney and drove a van and drank a lot. Watching them beat the Jaycocks and Pitt was a pleasure.

Gonzaga: Don't worry about poor Alan Morrisson. He now has contract offers from many shampoo companies along with an offer from an eye care company called No More Tears...............yeah, forgive me and Frank the pygmies.

Who penciled Washington in on their bracket and then had to change it? I did. How did they blow that lead?

Not where is George Mason, but who was he? Pointy heads bash at will.

Ohio State: Frank everything about them. They are now officially chastised to follow the rules for three years...and take down some banners. WTH? Loved watching them lose.

Montana: Loved this story. I'm stuck in MWC conference territory. The world famous "Pit" is 20 minutes from my home. Watching MWC ball is like watching prison ball, but without the armed guards....or the talent.

Would it not be great to see two SEC teams in the Final Four from our "down" conference? Villanova will go down to Joakim's ponytail tommorrow. Also, Connecticut is easy to hate, but they'll probably win.

CBS: Sucks as usual. Why don't you (I am going to be banned, because I use profanity) just let ESPN have it?

Ugly Uncle

I love it when a player is emotional.  But throwing yourself on the floor is narcissistic.  Get attention some other way.
Retired Radio Host

abq

Quote from: Fresh Legs on March 26, 2006, 12:37:43 am
You had a good post going till you mentioned HoopHog.  C'mon man.

You ever seen him nekkid? MAGNIFCENT!

hawkeyefan17

Bradley is in Peoria, Illinois. A lot of talented players have come out of there. Bradley has a very good history in college basketball.

The George Mason story is so cool. An 11 seed in the final four....how cool would that be.

Isn't Montana in the Big Sky Conference...not the Moutain West.

The Iowa loss still hurts. We will see that kid's three pointer every tournament from now on.

Duke and North Carolina not being in the final four is nice.

The Missouri Valley doing well in the tournament was awesome.

I hope someday a mid major school wins the tourney.

I have no problem with players crying when they loose.

Squeal

abq

March 26, 2006, 01:08:57 am #5 Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 01:11:21 am by abq
Quote from: hawkeyefan17 on March 26, 2006, 12:51:35 am
Bradley is in Peoria, Illinois. A lot of talented players have come out of there. Bradley has a very good history in college basketball.

Nice to know. Enjoyed watching them.

The George Mason story is so cool. An 11 seed in the final four....how cool would that be.

Very cool and I don't like UCONN

Isn't Montana in the Big Sky Conference...not the Moutain West.

Why yes, they are. However, the story I was refering to was that they beat Nevada, who were everyone's fairytale team from the MWC this year. I insisted they weren't very good and a likely candidate for an early out. I was right. Reference my post above.

The Iowa loss still hurts. We will see that kid's three pointer every tournament from now on.

I'm sure it does. Sorry bro.

Duke and North Carolina not being in the final four is nice.

Agreeance.

The Missouri Valley doing well in the tournament was awesome.

I enjoyed it. Like a little Tony Chacheries, it made everything better.

I hope someday a mid major school wins the tourney.

I guess it could happen, but I doubt they would have the depth.

I have no problem with players crying when they loose.

I don't either...especially when it's Redick and Morrison.

Hawg414

i have no problem with players crying either...
but running to center-court before you flop down is a little much.