Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs should have hired Anderson!

Started by coolhog, March 25, 2006, 10:28:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

coolhog

We waited too long on hiring Mike Anderson. We would have had a chance
to get him while he was still at UAB, But with him going to MIzzu
we lost our chance.  Frank is an IDIOT, he has brought our Basketball
program down.  Stan can recruit but he is not a good coach.

idochog

I disagree, we shoulda hired Bill Self
I love Jesus!

Pioneer Fan

Do you think Self would have stayed at Arkansas when the Kansas job came open?
I have an inferiority complex, but not a good one.

Hawg414

Quote from: coolhog on March 25, 2006, 10:28:14 pm

lemme preface this by saying i LIKE anderson... and i was in favor of him getting our job back when.  HOWEVER...

reality is mike anderson will never - never - be the coach at UA.  taking a seat beside nolan richardson, in nolans trial accusing the UA of racism, sealed his fate permanently.  and i realize the hiring of heath had already been made by the time this situation occurred... but it sealed his fate permanently.

Hawg414

Hawg414

Quote from: Pioneer Fan on March 25, 2006, 10:35:41 pm

yes

BossHog13

My thoughts exactly!

idochog

Quote from: BossHog13 on March 25, 2006, 11:00:33 pm

My thoughts exactly!

You guys dont get, As long as Mike Anderson is connected at the hip to Nolan, he is never gonna be hired at the UA.

I went to the Memphis/UAB game in Memphis and Nolan was up in the stands acting like an ass.  That is why Mike Anderson wasnt considered.
I love Jesus!

razorback3072

IMO, Nolan sealed Mike's fate by not bowing out without causing more problems.  If he had stepped down when asked instead of them firing him, Mike would have had a chance to stay here.  As it was, Nolan didn't and Mike will not be the coach here ever as has been said.  I like him and have always thought he did a great job coaching, especially during the games while Nolan was staring down refs.
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

EastMemphisHog

Quote from: idochog on March 25, 2006, 11:03:18 pm

My thoughts exactly!

You guys dont get, As long as Mike Anderson is connected at the hip to Nolan, he is never gonna be hired at the UA.

I went to the Memphis/UAB game in Memphis and Nolan was up in the stands acting like an ass.  That is why Mike Anderson wasnt considered.

Totally agree. Nolan attends alot of Mike's games, and they are still very close.  Nolan was, and I guess still is Mike's mentor. He taught mike alot and definitely opened alot of doors for him to succeed.  To bring it closer to home, it would be like your son going to texas. Well....maybe not that bad

Pioneer Fan

Quote from: Hawg414 on March 25, 2006, 10:57:24 pm

yes

You seriously think he wouldn't leave Arkansas for Kansas? There are only one or two jobs better than the Kansas job and Arkansas isn't one of them. I love the Hogs, but I am a realist.
I have an inferiority complex, but not a good one.

hogman64

Quote from: idochog on March 25, 2006, 11:03:18 pm

My thoughts exactly!

Evidently he acted the same way at the Rimrocker game he attended to see his grandson..............

Triplet Hog

March 25, 2006, 11:34:02 pm #13 Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 11:36:41 pm by Triplet Hog
Boss Hog and cool hog..you all are brutal..first of all if you love "small ball", watch Missouri, UAB (if Scott Edgar replaces Anderson) and Tennessee next year.  During the Tenn-Ark game on JP the announcers mentioned the lack of rebounding by Tenn.  We out rebournded them by more than 10 boards.  UA would have never won the nat'l title without Darnell Robinson and Lee Wilson in '94.  Once those guys left without improving a bit in their time on our campus, other coaches used the fact that big men don't belong in the "40 minutes of Hell" system against us.  After that we never had any height and before 1994 we had no height (remember UNC's dominance of UA in 1993 NCAA Tournament loss..we had NO height).  The system does NOT include "boxing out".  Tenn, Missouri, and UAB w/ Edgar will be a bunch of 5'8 to 6'8 "jack rabbits" running wild, getting out rebounded, and physically over powered. 
NO ANDERSON is NOT the right coach for Arkansas.  He will not win consistently over the likes of Kansas, K-State (with Huggins), Okla. State, OU, Texas, Texas Tech and Iowa State (great new coach with McDermott).  Mizzou will be a mid level team in the Big 12 at best. 
Yes Bill Self would have remained at UA over Kansas.  He still wants this job from what I hear.  His wife wants to get closer to her Tulsa home.  If Heath ever leaves, Self will be talking to Arkansas.  He is unhappy at Kansas. I agree that Coach Heath might not be the coach to get us contending for national titles.   
Ease up on Coach Broyles...he has done so much for our athletic program over the years.
Good day!

Hawg414

March 26, 2006, 12:13:53 am #14 Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 12:15:34 am by Hawg414
Quote from: Pioneer Fan on March 25, 2006, 11:09:00 pm

yes

You seriously think he wouldn't leave Arkansas for Kansas? There are only one or two jobs better than the Kansas job and Arkansas isn't one of them. I love the Hogs, but I am a realist.

i disagree.  as long as we ante up enough money to equal what another school is offering... name me 1 thing Kansas - or really any other school for that matter - has to offer that Arkansas does not? 

success of a particular coach at a particular school in the recent past does not necessarily equate to the potential of the given program. 

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Fresh Legs on March 26, 2006, 12:20:50 am

You folks need to let go of the Nolan era.  It's over folks.

Nolan doesn't think so.
Retired Radio Host

curioushog42

You're right to a point. I guarantee you if Nolan and Frank somehow make up, then mike could possibibly have a future with the hog. But you're looking at two stubborn old fools. Going through life disliking a person will eat at you as a man. Each of them need to get over it and let bygones be bygones. The two fools need to go have a beer and call it even. I believe this will energize the program and heal the racial rift that still exist between the two.

Quote from: Hawg414 on March 25, 2006, 10:56:47 pm

lemme preface this by saying i LIKE anderson... and i was in favor of him getting our job back when.  HOWEVER...

reality is mike anderson will never - never - be the coach at UA.  taking a seat beside nolan richardson, in nolans trial accusing the UA of racism, sealed his fate permanently.  and i realize the hiring of heath had already been made by the time this situation occurred... but it sealed his fate permanently.

BossHog13

Quote from: curioushog42 on March 26, 2006, 02:52:24 am
You're right to a point. I guarantee you if Nolan and Frank somehow make up, then mike could possibibly have a future with the hog. But you're looking at two stubborn old fools. Going through life disliking a person will eat at you as a man. Each of them need to get over it and let bygones be bygones. The two fools need to go have a beer and call it even. I believe this will energize the program and heal the racial rift that still exist between the two.

Curious, you're dead on with your analysis.

wrightobe

March 26, 2006, 03:26:18 am #18 Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 03:29:37 am by wrightobe
Quote from: curioushog42 on March 26, 2006, 02:52:24 am
You're right to a point. I guarantee you if Nolan and Frank somehow make up, then mike could possibly have a future with the hog. But you're looking at two stubborn old fools. Going through life disliking a person will eat at you as a man. Each of them need to get over it and let bygones be bygones. The two fools need to go have a beer and call it even. I believe this will energize the program and heal the racial rift that still exist between the two.

The only way Nolan Richardson and Frank Broyles will bury the hatchet is for Frank Broyles to retire and recommend Nolan Richardson to be the first Afro-America athletic director for the University of Arkansas men's athletic program, which I believe is the only coaching job Nolan Richardson wants at this time in his life.

What are the odds of that happening?

I also believe that Frank Broyles is teetoteler, so having beer together is out.

Will have to be a cup of tea.

othermac

the way i see it, if he keeps bringing in talent, and keeps gaining these baby steps, we are going to be at the top again, and it wont be that far off, either, next year we will be ranked for the first time, and if ronnie is on the team we will break the top ten, mike anderson has never and will never be considered due to obvious reasons.
"opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" Thomas Edison

Broken Trigger

Quote from: Pioneer Fan on March 25, 2006, 11:09:00 pm

yes

We have probably the nicest on campus facility in the nation, and we will ante up the money to keep a coach that we really want here.   That is one reason Nolan never left.  We payed whatever it took to keep him.  The only downfall Arkansas has is recruiting, but that all depends on who is doing it. 

CiriusPorker

...another hindsight thread..

congratulations!

Arkiejared

I don't neccessarily think MA is a better coach than SH, but I do think his style of play suits what UA fans love to watch.  However, I'm sure fans missed Sutton's style of play until the Richardson hogs started winning and making runs in the NCAAT consistantly.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Arkiejared on March 26, 2006, 11:24:11 pm
I don't neccessarily think MA is a better coach than SH, but I do think his style of play suits what UA fans love to watch.  However, I'm sure fans missed Sutton's style of play until the Richardson hogs started winning and making runs in the NCAAT consistantly.

Sutton's offense was poetry in motion.  Every player knew their spot and when to move.  His defense was "on you like a shirt" man to man.

Nolan got here, and I remember many people hated it.  It was helter skelter.  Seemed like chaos on the court.  Then it became what we came to expect.  It was wild, crazy, exciting.

Sutton's style was like going to an opera...organized and beautiful.

Nolan's style was like going to a rock concert...chaotic and thrilling.

Heath's style so far seems to be a beginner band concert...you go because your kids are in the band...even though you know it will be hard to watch and listen to.

All above just my opinion.
Retired Radio Host

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: uglyuncleAll above just my opinion.

Your opinion is correct.

That makes it a "fact".
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

jkstock04

Your the idiot, theres no way he ever would have came here after what happened....how do you people come up with this stuff? 
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys