Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Might want to visit Tigerboard, they are going nuts over the MA hire

Started by tigerinhogtown, March 25, 2006, 06:40:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TorsinAHog

When you said going nuts you didnt mean that in a good way.  I dont think they know what they got as a coach and the type of ball they will be blessed to watch over the next few seasons.  I mean hell what has MU EVER accomplished in BBALL?  They are lucky to get MA from UAB given how far their program has sunk since the ricky clemons fiasco.
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

tigerinhogtown

While they haven't reached the heights of Arkansas, it was a VERY good, highly ranked program under Norm.  Quinny Pooh has pulled it down but not as far an Nolan took the Hogs.

The vast majority of the posters overthere are behind the hire, there is always a couple jerks on board.

3kgthog

Great things will never again happen to our basketball program, so our neighbor to the north might as well have some happiness.

Calling All Hogs

They have no idea how lucky they are. But they will soon. History tells us MA will
not need a 5 year plan to reach a first round lost in the NCAA.

Kilgor

Quote from: tigerinhogtown on March 25, 2006, 07:02:09 pm
The vast majority of the posters overthere are behind the hire, there is always a couple jerks on board.

Sounds very familiar somehow.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

ThisLittlePiggie

Quote from: tigerinhogtown on March 25, 2006, 07:02:09 pm
While they haven't reached the heights of Arkansas, it was a VERY good, highly ranked program under Norm.  Quinny Pooh has pulled it down but not as far an Nolan took the Hogs.

There are considerably more than a couple.

tkhog

I wonder if we could negotiate a trade...  They get "fresh legs", and we get rings.

HeathHateMe

Winning will reduce the number of Jerks.  I think Mike's biggest problem is the AD.  He is pissing everyone off and MA is his hire.  Norm wants the AD gone.  From everything I've heard and read about the AD Alden they might have good reason to want him gone.  Mike just needs to lay low, start working on turning the program around and distance himself from the rest of the situation and he will be fine.
A hero kills people, people that wish him harm. A hero is part human and part supernatural. A hero is born out of a childhood trauma, or out of a disaster, and must be avenged.

Ugly Uncle

Anyone think with his connections to Arkansas High School coaches that he may steal a few recruits from us?
Retired Radio Host

TorsinAHog

I hope not because we are only talking about 1-2 players/yr BUT it will hurt the Illini if he can recruit STL.

RAZORBART

Quote from: uglyuncle on March 26, 2006, 12:27:06 am
Anyone think with his connections to Arkansas High School coaches that he may steal a few recruits from us?

Wait a second Ugly, remind me of all the good Arkansas HS kids he got when he was here ? Corliss and Joe johnson were Nolan signees and other than those two I really do not recall many others. I would probably be more fearful of Rod Barnes as ole piss signed more Arkansas kids than MA ever did.

HeathHateMe

Just heard a report on CBS that the Board of Curators (funny how they call their trustees "curators" is it a college or a museum?) is meeting to more or less stuff can the AD, but they will "honor" the contract the AD negotiated with Anderson.  Sounds like a messy situation for MA just got messier.  Mike deserves a major D-1 job too bad it is with all this crap attached to it.  I'll be pulling for you Mike.
A hero kills people, people that wish him harm. A hero is part human and part supernatural. A hero is born out of a childhood trauma, or out of a disaster, and must be avenged.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: RAZORBART on March 26, 2006, 09:43:22 am
Quote from: uglyuncle on March 26, 2006, 12:27:06 am

Wait a second Ugly, remind me of all the good Arkansas HS kids he got when he was here ? Corliss and Joe johnson were Nolan signees and other than those two I really do not recall many others. I would probably be more fearful of Rod Barnes as ole piss signed more Arkansas kids than MA ever did.

Don't you remember...Ali Thompson???

Okay...you made your point.  + one for you.
Retired Radio Host

TorsinAHog

Quote from: HeathHateMe on March 26, 2006, 01:13:03 pm
Just heard a report on CBS that the Board of Curators (funny how they call their trustees "curators" is it a college or a museum?) is meeting to more or less stuff can the AD, but they will "honor" the contract the AD negotiated with Anderson.  Sounds like a messy situation for MA just got messier.  Mike deserves a major D-1 job too bad it is with all this crap attached to it.  I'll be pulling for you Mike.

That was the rumor that was floating around the tigerboard but you know how reliable rumors are. Thanks for the update.  Hopefully he could get out of the contract. Sounds like a damn mess.  He may not get along with the new AD or he may not want him.

HeathHateMe

Quote from: TorsinAHog on March 26, 2006, 01:24:55 pm
Quote from: HeathHateMe on March 26, 2006, 01:13:03 pm

That was the rumor that was floating around the tigerboard but you know how reliable rumors are. Thanks for the update.  Hopefully he could get out of the contract. Sounds like a damn mess.  He may not get along with the new AD or he may not want him.

If this were all done in private without any public knowledge I'd say MA should definetely back out, but he's between a rock and a hard place now.  What do you tell UAB, well I guess I'll hang around here until the next big offer comes around.

TorsinAHog