Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

And to think....LSU fans wanted to crucify John Brady after signing Tyrus Thomas

Started by Hoggy Bear, March 25, 2006, 06:33:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggy Bear

http://www.tigerforums.com/showthread.php?p=140487

Found an interesting look back at what LSU fans thought when they signed a guy named Tyrus Thomas who nobody wanted.  Shows you that the fans aka recruiting gurus don't always know what's best for the team.

Hoggy Bear

Niels Boar

It's hard to believe a big guy of that quality came in that far under the radar.  Okafor was way underevaluted also, but at least Arkansas and UConn wanted him badly.  The only other comparable example I can think of is John Salley.  He was a skinny kid from New York that Cremins brought to a Georgia Tech program that was almost nonexistent.   His coming out party was in the regional finals also when he battled Ewing to a standstill as a junior.

J.A.Y.

There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: jayloot on March 26, 2006, 12:56:27 am
When is our tall skinny guy gonna outperform expectations?

I love Steven...
Problem is, he doesn't even try to be part of the offense.
Retired Radio Host

J.A.Y.

I like the guy too, but to see tyrus just completely elevate his game and see the effect a big man can make with their team. I wish Hill could be a force both off. and def. for us too.
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

Porkahontas

Who was Scotty Thurman before he arrived at Arkansas?

Come to think of it, who's Scotty Thurman since he left Arkansas?

TorsinAHog

Quote from: Fresh Legs on March 26, 2006, 12:52:21 am
Quote from: Niels Boar on March 25, 2006, 10:16:40 pm
It's hard to believe a big guy of that quality came in that far under the radar.  Okafor was way underevaluted also, but at least Arkansas and UConn wanted him badly.  The only other comparable example I can think of is John Salley.  He was a skinny kid from New York that Cremins brought to a Georgia Tech program that was almost nonexistent.   His coming out party was in the regional finals also when he battled Ewing to a standstill as a junior.

Do you think Brady is doing a good job of coaching all of these big men or just capitalizing on local talent?  That's now a string of Bass, Davis, and Thomas.  Before that it was Stromile Swift and there may have been another I'm forgetting about.

Maybe he would be willing to come here as an assistant and try to get something out of these players?   ;D
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg