Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

To the all-knowing negative posters

Started by rndlldk, October 25, 2011, 05:47:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

El Puerco

Quote from: RazorFacts on October 25, 2011, 10:37:07 pm
See this is where I get confused and can't understand why people can't read on here. I just freaking agreed with you and yet you still gotta come back with a snide remark. Just unbelievable.

My reading comprehension is just fine, which is why I was able to sleuth that the following aint exactly agreeing with me:

"...so saying "well he'd do better if he just had the same talent as Bama" is not really doing a good job of defending the guy."

longyanh

October 25, 2011, 10:51:07 pm #51 Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 10:52:47 pm by longyanh
Quote from: rndlldk on October 25, 2011, 05:47:05 pm

You are not them. You are not there. You do not know.  And that includes calls to "Fire Willy", or whomever else you want to fire or bench or insult this week

Not only us who "negative posters", but also our opponent teams know that our DC is SUCK. Even Nutts made Willy look like a high school coach.
Can you give me a reason why we pay WR $375,000 PER YEAR (which is top 3 paid DC in SEC) ? Is he worth that high compairing to his results?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: longyanh on October 25, 2011, 10:51:07 pm
Not only us who "negative posters", but also our opponent teams know that our DC is SUCK. Even Nutts made Willy look like a high school coach.
Can you give me a reason why we pay WR $375,000 PER YEAR (which is top 3 paid DC in SEC) ? Is he worth that high compairing to his results?

You don't pay his salary. You don't make the decision. You have no say in it at all unless you speak to the Head Coach... Tell him how you feel and stop trying to round up a posse here and on the radio..
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

El Puerco

Quote from: RazorFacts on October 25, 2011, 10:51:35 pm
See, you can't read. I am NOT the one who said that about talent. Another poster did. I merely pointed out that since Petrino is the one in charge of bringing in talent it doesn't make much sense to point out the talent difference trying to defend him.

Look, Chim-Chim. "Not really doing a good job of defending the guy" is YOUR quote.  That's the kind of thing that tips me off, even with my reading problems, that we're not in agreement...about a great many things.
If you have anything else you need to clear up with me or you need to see an SAT score or something, feel free to PM me as I'd venture a guess that most would rather not wade through any more of your drivel on the subject.

Razorrected

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: RazorFacts on October 25, 2011, 11:01:34 pm
Actually good sir, every tax payer in Arkansas pays a portion of his salary, those who attend games, buy merchandise etc etc pay a little more.

Not that has anything to do with anything. I don't pay a dime of Toni Larussa's salary either, but I bitch when he does something stupid.

The other idiot was speaking of WR's salary as if he had a say. You, on the other hand just keep blabbing about your right to complain. That's fine. I also have the right to call you out on your foolishness. I also have the right to bitch when you post something with which I do not agree.

And as for his salary I would say that 6-1 is plenty good enough for what he has been paid up to this point in the season.
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

longyanh

Quote from: 4windshawg on October 25, 2011, 10:57:06 pm
You don't pay his salary. You don't make the decision. You have no say in it at all unless you speak to the Head Coach... Tell him how you feel and stop trying to round up a posse here and on the radio..

So where do my donation and season ticket's money go? And yes, we as fans DO MAKE the decision. Do you know what happened to Nutt,Frank, and Boone(recently) ?

El Puerco

Quote from: RazorFacts on October 25, 2011, 11:16:25 pm
Now you're just babbling because you misread a post and you're too embarrassed to admit it.

If I hire a guy to collect apples and  make apple pies and you hire a guy to collect apples and make apple pies and your guy is collecting better apples and making better pies  than my guy and someone else comes along and tells me I can't really get mad at my guy because if he just had better apples his apple pies would be as good as those made by your guy is that really a a valid defense for my guy when he's the one in charge of collecting apples? NO IT ISN'T. It's that simple, and that is the only statement I made. And you flew off the ******** handle before you even tried to understand anything.

Nobody likes you.  How do you like them apples?

I'm just not indulging your garbage any further.  Like I said, if you need further clarification, feel free to send me a PM.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: longyanh on October 25, 2011, 11:19:01 pm
So where do my donation and season ticket's money go? And yes, we as fans DO MAKE the decision. Do you know what happened to Nutt,Frank, and Boone(recently) ?

You still have delusions of grandeur. How pathetic... I guess the Nutt thing cost you 3 million dollars. I for one thought it was worth every penny. Why in the HELL would you start this stuff in year 4 when we are winning? We're winning..! Do you not GET it? Do you not know how to be a supporter and not a jihadist? Is it only All good or All bad for you? There is not a SINGLE program in America that could live up to your standards.

The thing that gets me the most is that you all think your rampaging on message boards and on the radio and on the ESPN sites has zero impact on recruiting. ORRRrrr You just don't care to have a non divided front for the world to see that makes our state and university appealing to student athletes.

6-1, 6-1, 6-1, 6-1, 6-1, 6-1, 6-1, 6-1, 6-1, 6-1, 6-1, 6-1, 6-1, 6-1, 6-1, 6-1, 6-1, 6-1, 6-1, 6-1, 6-1, 6-1, ...!!!

bphi11ips

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on October 25, 2011, 09:15:04 pm
I’d like to see Arkansas have a better opening game plan than somebody. Has not happened yet this season, not in a real game.

It doesn't appear that Bobby Petrino believes in individual game plans.  It seems more likely that he believes in his own game.  That is not meant to be a critical comment, just an observation.   
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

razorsharptusk

Quote from: PiggieSmalls on October 25, 2011, 05:57:28 pm
Thanks rook.  But, we're here to win a national championship.  Or at least go and get us a win in Atlanta.  Until we do one of those two things--maybe you should participate in the discussion of what it's going to take to get us there...instead of making people feel bad for having a valid opinion about possible changes on the staff. 

Before you start another post calling people out for not being fans...maybe read some of the threads you posted over.  What you said has been articulated multiple times already since Saturday.  We get it.  Losing to Alabama every year is good enough.  Gotcha.     

Sick of this junk.  We're ALLOWED TO TALK ABOUT IT.  It's a fansite.  These are opinions.  The most negative stuff on here is people like you that call other people out for having an opinion about what can be improved, etc. 

As for the "Fire Willy" stuff...it seems pretty isolated.  It's not the entire board.  Most of us are interested in breaking down the weaknesses of this team and discussing where we can improve.  What we DON'T need is another post like this.  They're getting old. 

Stop discouraging debate.  It's ridiculous.

Agreed!
GO HOGS!!

Pigsknuckles

Negativity and legitimate concern are apples and oranges. Negativity offers no solution. Legitimate concern, at least attempts to proactively identify, and rectify a problem. Unfortunately (and I hope I'm wrong), the day will come when we don't come back from a 1st half smack down against a beatable opponent. You will then see the true definition of negativity.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

SwazyHog

"I felt like I owed it to the state. They let me come in and transfer here to Arkansas, and I felt like it wouldn't be fair after one year to just up and leave."

"This is your Public Service Announcement  for 2010: Remember, No One's Buckass Snitshit Crazier Than Arkansas Fans."

dqhog33

Until they give Dennis Johnson at least 20 touches a game and quit giving the ball to Green on short yardage I will quit griping.  Its sad when my wife knows who the best back is but our coachintg staff doesnt

dqhog33

Um yes I am because he is the best player on the team

dqhog33

One game you give him 17 touches and look what he does, 175 yards

Chief Mac

Quote from: bphi11ips on October 26, 2011, 08:54:32 am
It doesn't appear that Bobby Petrino believes in individual game plans.  It seems more likely that he believes in his own game.  That is not meant to be a critical comment, just an observation.   

sounds like that basketball coach we used to have...he was quite successful wasn't he??  His mindset was, we don't prepare for other teams, other teams prepare for us.  Worked out pretty good for a while.....

WPS

Chris
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

dqhog33

Chief Mac

Quote from: dqhog33 on October 26, 2011, 12:25:06 pm
Yea for about 6 years

and we had 3 final fours, 1 National Champ runner-up, and 1 National Championship.....I'll take that kind of success in the football program.

WPS

Chris
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

volkh

Whenever you're tempted to definitively state on this board what should or shouldn't happen with coaching, players, scheming, strategy, etc., step back and take a deep breath.

While some of you may have coached or watched a lot of football, you are not OUR coaches.  Anyone who has coached knows that there are multiple tradeoffs, priorities, etc. with scheming, personnel, and all the micro and macro decisions that go into making up a football team.  Some of these decisions work and some of them don't.  If you have a great staff and great players like we do, what happens, ON THE WHOLE, is this: 

1.   In four short years you have a team that has risen from the ashes to national prominence.

2.   In the third year that team went to its first BCS Bowl.

3.   In its fourth year it is rated in the top ten and in the hunt for another BCS bowl while playing in the toughest division in toughest conference in the nation.

Our coaches make these decisions after living and breathing this team, its players and our opponents every single day of the year.

You are not them. You are not there. You do not know.  And that includes calls to “Fire Willy”, or whomever else you want to fire or bench or insult this week

A smart man once said, “I’m too old to know everything.”  So, before you make that overly emotional post, step back, mature a little bit and enjoy the ride.

I offically just man crushed on this.
"Son, it's not how you play the game, but how drunk you get."

-Homer J. Simpson

BRHogfan

Can I be all-knowing and still post as long as I'm not negative?

What if I'm willfully ignorantly posting negative thoughts?

MaconBacon

There are a lot of members here, no doubt. With the great numbers comes an extreme probability of many that have no reason at all to post their slack jaw BS, but this is America. Good thing huh, China just cut back 40% of the entertainment programs that they are allowing their citizens to watch, not to mention a crap load of internet content.

I dont agree or go along with many of the posts here, but its a darn good thing we all can type what we want.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion even if you dont agree with it. Debate the BS you dont like reading or just move along to the next thread, its as easy as that. 

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: RazorFacts on October 25, 2011, 07:18:53 pm
The same could be said about the continued bitching about Houston Nutt, just for example. But it is what it is. The funny/sad thing is that the very people who think it's just fine for them to continue going after that guy this four years later, are the VERY first posters who will start yelling that other posters need to shut up when they express an opinion THEY don't like.

There is just something fundamentally wrong with a person who doesn't understand that if THEY have a "right" to post THEIR opinion on a message board that they should support the "right" of those with whom they disagree to post THEIRS. I mean surely we can agree on that?

Would ANYONE truly enjoy this board, or any other, if it was just full of a bunch of yes men who teeheed at their every thought?

You might be very surprised. I remember receiving a PM from someone vehemently attacking me for an opinion I expressed on this board. The content of his message was something that I disagreed with, but what really scared me was the fact someone would take time to personally write me and basically try to intimidate me into not expressing my opinions. I was flabbergasted. There are some wacko people out there.
My conclusion is that there any number of people, some of them moderators, who really don't care about your right to express "your" opinion. All they're interested in is making sure "their" voice is heard, and all conflicting views are squashed, and they're willing to take measures to ensure that is the case, which would include writing harassing personal messages, deleting posts, moving entire threads to the trash can, etc etc

TOM "tbw1"

The secret is this board is the private property of Lanny.  In effect, he invited you into his home to discuss the Razorbacks.  There are only a few things he asks, don't bash players, don't be profane, don't troll.

Discuss with civility, disagree with reason.  Don't come here to pee in the lemonade.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

tennhawg

Just wait all the negative NANCYS will be here in droves come Sat. and Sun. to cry about what ifs even if we get a W.

RAF

Quote from: RazorFacts on October 25, 2011, 06:58:56 pm
Stating your OPINION does not make one emotional or immature.

I swear to God .

I'll tell you what IS immature. Not being able to understand that not everyone in the world is going to agree with your OPINION.
And that's why you spend all your free time telling people to quit talking about Nutt?  Irony...

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: RazorFacts on October 26, 2011, 05:04:19 pm
The disappointing thing to me though is that not only other posters but some of the "employees" are more than willing to allow even the most poorly written opinions to stand uncommented on IF said opinion jives with their own but if ANYONE says anything out of line, no matter how well written wham suddenly they should be silenced and or they broke some unspecified board rule, or they get labeled a troll simply because they/we have an unpopular opinion.

I've been trolled by trolls on here who accuse me of trolling when it is THEY who came into a thread for no other reason that to attack me when in fact I was in the thread discussing the actual topic. Now I ask you, who is the troll there.

Another thing is someone can write "Hooten Nutt he a bad coach, me hate him, and he smell har har har" , and I guarantee that multiple people would respond with +1 ha ha ha, good post, you put it to him man, yeah tell it like it is. etc etc. Encouraging the most idiotic posts in the world as it has the right opinion.

Meanwhile someone else could post "your wrong guys, Houston wasn't a terrible coach for us, he was an average coach. He had one or two areas that he really blew it in and that prevented him from being a good coach, etc etc" and within 2 seconds that person would have multiple smites. Multiple people would point out that the poster used your instead of you're , and there would be page upon page of people claiming that the poster was an idiot, a troll, and possibly a faggot, and needed to go back to Oxfart.

Now how does that make sense? The first illiterate , childish poster gets an attaboy while the second poster who just simply stated his opinion and gave reasons why it was his opinion gets ravaged? And that's not even mentioning the fact that rarely , if ever, will all the people calling the latter posters names be infracted in anyway for it.

But the WORST part of all is that it is the same core of posters who are doing that to people and the majority of posters who aren't actively doing it just stand on the side and let it happen. A little peer pressure would change that. I'm glad to see threads like this where a little common sense is prevailing. Very encouraging.

You are absolutely right.
This has come up several times, in several ways. The topic of free speech, that is.

The reason you'll get for that is that the board was founded upon the principles of trashing Houston Nutt. It basically is what made Hogville what it is. That's what it's known for. That is the party line, the moderators enforce it, and it's a private board, so free speech does not apply.

To which I would say, yes, a private board has every right to do whatever it wishes; however, it doesn't have the right to call itself a 'Razorback Discussion Forum'. Well, it does, but that would untruthful. A true discussion board encourages discussion, on any topic, and not *some* topics.

So what it comes down to, does the board aspire to be a *true* discussion forum, or not? If it does, then it needs to allow all expressions of opinion, with no deletion or editing of content. If it doesn't care about being a truly open forum, then such editing or deletion is totally acceptable.

wupigsuey

Quote from: RazorFacts on October 26, 2011, 05:04:19 pm
The disappointing thing to me though is that not only other posters but some of the "employees" are more than willing to allow even the most poorly written opinions to stand uncommented on IF said opinion jives with their own but if ANYONE says anything out of line, no matter how well written wham suddenly they should be silenced and or they broke some unspecified board rule, or they get labeled a troll simply because they/we have an unpopular opinion.

I've been trolled by trolls on here who accuse me of trolling when it is THEY who came into a thread for no other reason that to attack me when in fact I was in the thread discussing the actual topic. Now I ask you, who is the troll there.

Another thing is someone can write "Hooten Nutt he a bad coach, me hate him, and he smell har har har" , and I guarantee that multiple people would respond with +1 ha ha ha, good post, you put it to him man, yeah tell it like it is. etc etc. Encouraging the most idiotic posts in the world as it has the right opinion.

Meanwhile someone else could post "your wrong guys, Houston wasn't a terrible coach for us, he was an average coach. He had one or two areas that he really blew it in and that prevented him from being a good coach, etc etc" and within 2 seconds that person would have multiple smites. Multiple people would point out that the poster used your instead of you're , and there would be page upon page of people claiming that the poster was an idiot, a troll, and possibly a faggot, and needed to go back to Oxfart.

Now how does that make sense? The first illiterate , childish poster gets an attaboy while the second poster who just simply stated his opinion and gave reasons why it was his opinion gets ravaged? And that's not even mentioning the fact that rarely , if ever, will all the people calling the latter posters names be infracted in anyway for it.

But the WORST part of all is that it is the same core of posters who are doing that to people and the majority of posters who aren't actively doing it just stand on the side and let it happen. A little peer pressure would change that. I'm glad to see threads like this where a little common sense is prevailing. Very encouraging.

Yes, you are a victim. Bless your heart.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

wupigsuey

Quote from: RazorFacts on October 26, 2011, 05:53:53 pm
I stopped responding to you in another thread because you were acting like a child so you thought the proper response was too come into this thread to troll me?

This conversation has evolved into an adult discussion. You are clearly not equipped to participate, have some milk and cookies and hit the sack junior.

awwwwwww....you're the sweetest little thing.
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: RazorFacts on October 26, 2011, 05:48:32 pm
Well, I was speaking more of the posters than the owner and moderators of the board. It IS private property , and that's something that many don't understand. You don't have the right to free speech on this board, the first amendment guarantees that the government will never take away your right to free speech. It says NOTHING about Lanny, and I know that the official policy on here is that differing opinions are okay because I seen it posted by a moderator just last night. But that sure doesn't stop some posters from thinking they have the right to tell others to shut up.

I've never heard of Lanny deleting posts, but I know the moderators do. I've had several posts deleted before, for no good reason other than the moderator didn't like my opinion. I will bet there are countless others who can make the same claim.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on October 26, 2011, 06:18:09 pm
I've never heard of Lanny deleting posts, but I know the moderators do. I've had several posts deleted before, for no good reason other than the moderator didn't like my opinion. I will bet there are countless others who can make the same claim.

If you have had posts that were removed, they were removed for good reason. There isn't a single Mod on this site that isn't reasonable in their judgement of that which is acceptable and that which is not. My guess, you stepped across the line in some way whether you think you did or not.

My suggestion....re-examine your posts and their quality and whether or not they fit within the confines of that which is acceptable in this forum.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as it fits within the parameters of that which is considered to be acceptable on this site.
Go Hogs Go!

El Puerco

Quote from: RazorFacts on October 25, 2011, 11:32:51 pm
I'd deflect and run away too. How embarrassing.

Look pal,

A long time ago your peers should have done you a huge favor and broken your nose for you a few times when you felt the need to run your mouth.  It's a failure of a society that is too genteel for it's own good. Most well-adjusted people are able to pump the brakes on their big mouths thinking, "Man alive, I remember the blood running down my throat and how much that smarted...I'd better put a lid on it," but not you.

El Puerco

Quote from: RazorFacts on October 26, 2011, 07:16:18 pm
So let me get this straight. You just accused ME of being an internet tough guy in the VERY same post in which you suggest that I need my nose broken for having an opinion?

LOL the hypocrisy is laughably sad.

No, my fine friend.  It's too late for you.  I suggested you should have had your nose broken a long time ago. 
And it's not that you have an opinion.  It's that you have A LOT of really stupid opinions and you irritate people, seemingly for sport.

superior_wang

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 26, 2011, 06:52:49 pm
If you have had posts that were removed, they were removed for good reason. There isn't a single Mod on this site that isn't reasonable in their judgement of that which is acceptable and that which is not. My guess, you stepped across the line in some way whether you think you did or not.

My suggestion....re-examine your posts and their quality and whether or not they fit within the confines of that which is acceptable in this forum.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as it fits within the parameters of that which is considered to be acceptable on this site.
i respectfully disagree. Following the loss to auburn last year i  was banned..not saying  by Lanny but  mods of course, for having the audacity to   say   we played poorly. No profanity, no attack on a player, just staing my opinion..which of course isnt  very welcomed here.....but , i havent been banned lately for offering criticism...so, maybe we havea kinder, gentler hogville nation. Willie still stinks to high heaven though.

wupigsuey

Quote from: El Puerco on October 26, 2011, 07:18:03 pm
No, my fine friend.  It's too late for you. I suggested you should have had your nose broken a long time ago
And it's not that you have an opinion.  It's that you have A LOT of really stupid opinions and you irritate people, seemingly for sport.

lol

El Puerco

Quote from: RazorFacts on October 26, 2011, 07:19:49 pm
So let's examine THIS thread. My opinion has been that everyone should let everyone else express THEIR opinion on here without attacking them. That offends you why?

I don't care if I irritate you. You irritate me, big deal.

And clearly you were alluding that I should have my nose broken.

You antagonize others with your self aggrandizing inflammatory BS until they're ready to maim you and then, all of a sudden, you're a politician.

The public service announcement is over. The best way to deal with knuckleheads on message boards is to ignore them, so go play with yourself.

HogSophist

Quote from: RazorFacts on October 26, 2011, 07:19:49 pm
So let's examine THIS thread. My opinion has been that everyone should let everyone else express THEIR opinion on here without attacking them. That offends you why?

I don't care if I irritate you. You irritate me, big deal.

And clearly you were alluding that I should have my nose broken.

is there something stopping you from expressing your opinion? clearly you have filled up this page with your own posts, so perhaps you can stop creating ghosts to ward off.

is there an actual point that you wish to make, or just to knock down pretenses that you set up?
signature removed by Hogville staff. (but Erie's quote revived because I missed it)

In an era where there are over $70 trillion in future obligations, beyond the debt,   taking up practices in budgeting that are tantamount to saying 'And then in 2040, a magic dragon will sh*tpoopy $100 trillion and fix our problems'  simply isn't wise. --ErieHog

wupigsuey

Quote from: El Puerco on October 26, 2011, 07:29:42 pm
You antagonize others with your self aggrandizing inflammatory BS until they're ready to maim you and then, all of a sudden, you're a politician.

The public service announcement is over. The best way to deal with knuckleheads on message boards is to ignore them, so go play with yourself.

Quote from: HogSophist on October 26, 2011, 07:30:17 pm
is there something stopping you from expressing your opinion? clearly you have filled up this page with your own posts, so perhaps you can stop creating ghosts to ward off.

is there an actual point that you wish to make, or just to knock down pretenses that you set up?

Quote from: PorkOpine on October 26, 2011, 07:56:23 pm

SHUT.THE.FRICK.UP, you hypocrite.

Wow. 3 All american Hogvillians in a row telling you you suck. Thats gotta be a record.

The NewEra

Whenever you're tempted to definitively state on this board what should or shouldn't happen with coaching, players, scheming, strategy, etc., step back and take a deep breath.

While some of you may have coached or watched a lot of football, you are not OUR coaches.  Anyone who has coached knows that there are multiple tradeoffs, priorities, etc. with scheming, personnel, and all the micro and macro decisions that go into making up a football team.  Some of these decisions work and some of them don't.  If you have a great staff and great players like we do, what happens, ON THE WHOLE, is this: 

1.   In four short years you have a team that has risen from the ashes to national prominence.

3.   In its fourth year it is rated in the top ten and in the hunt for another BCS bowl while playing in the toughest division in toughest conference in the nation.

Our coaches make these decisions after living and breathing this team, its players and our opponents every single day of the year.

You are not them. You are not there. You do not know.  And that includes calls to "Fire Willy", or whomever else you want to fire or bench or insult this week

A smart man once said, "I'm too old to know everything."  So, before you make that overly emotional post, step back, mature a little bit and enjoy the ride.

I've thought about this a lot lately.  We are 6-1.  I've come to the conclusion that there are basically two groups that make these type of post with a fury.

The first group are (I don't normally believe in conspiracy theories) Nutt huggers from the past that may actually be plants and the group..... Two are young people who never learned what it was like just to be happy to win.

The young ones who don't know anything about building a championshp program I can tolerate and I believe they will grow as the program grows.

The Nutt Huggers who seem to infiltrate this board only when they think they can post something to tear this program apart and undermine what Coach P is building.......well, they have an agenda it's not in the better interest of this program.

GolfnHog

Well after 3 pages of this I'm come to the opinion that there are a lot of alpha dogs in a small dog pen.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

MuskogeeHogFan

October 26, 2011, 08:59:01 pm #90 Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 09:01:10 pm by MuskogeeHogFan
Quote from: superior_wang on October 26, 2011, 07:27:40 pm
i respectfully disagree. Following the loss to auburn last year i  was banned..not saying  by Lanny but  mods of course, for having the audacity to   say   we played poorly. No profanity, no attack on a player, just staing my opinion..which of course isnt  very welcomed here.....but , i havent been banned lately for offering criticism...so, maybe we havea kinder, gentler hogville nation. Willie still stinks to high heaven though.

Got news for you slick, only Admins can ban you (of which Lanny is a part) and that does not include Mods.

I don't disagree about WR's DC methodology, but you need to know who can ban you and who cannot. Mods are not one of these. We are merely here to keep the peace until you cross the line, then it is the Admins that can banish you for a period of time. That being said, act like an arse outside the boundaries of acceptable behavior towards a designated Mod and it can put your priviledges in potential jeopardy. That being said, the decision is ultimately up to the Admins, not the Mods. So be a good boy (good poster) on here within the rules of the board and this will never again be a concern (or complaint) for you again.
Go Hogs Go!

GolfnHog

Quote from: RazorFacts on October 26, 2011, 08:44:02 pm
Who said anything was stopping me from expressing my opinion dear friend, that isn't even what the thread evolved into. What it DID evolve into is a discussion about why some try to silence the opinions that they don't agree with it. Or do you deny that happens? If you do, I kindly refer you to

I question why you, Razorfact, feel it's your responsibility to worry about what other people post, say or express and when it raises your ire...you take the position it's your job to right the wrong.  At the end of each thread or day it's just a damn message board. It doesn't reshape anything whatsoever.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

MuskogeeHogFan

October 26, 2011, 09:07:22 pm #92 Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 09:09:13 pm by MuskogeeHogFan
Just a suggestion, but why don't we get back on topic instead of critiquing one another?

Oh wait, I guess that is what this thread is all about...telling others what to think instead of having their own mind about various topics.
Go Hogs Go!

GolfnHog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 26, 2011, 09:07:22 pm
Just a suggestion, but why don't we get back on topic instead of critiquing one another?

Oh wait, I guess that is what this thread is all about...telling others what to think instead of having their own mind about various topics.

Glad to see you catching up here MHF!  ;)

wupigsuey

Quote from: PorkOpine on October 26, 2011, 09:03:28 pm
Look, for all I know you might be new to this message board thingy, but here are some tips...  Generally speaking, when someone has more "Smites" than "Posts", that's considered BAD.  Contrary to what you may think, it doesn't mean you're misunderstood or everyone else is illiterate. 
Believe it or not, it is quite possible someone might read more than one or two threads (called Subjects) in any given day.  So be aware of this fact...someone might disagree with your opinion in one thread, but let it slide.  But they may just find and disagree with another post (that's when you type something and left click on "Post" when you're finished) of yours in another thread and suddenly people begin to form an opinion of YOU, not just your opinions.  That's how the "Smites" start piling up.

That concludes our lesson for tonight. 

+1. jeebus.

judgeroyswine

You are not them. You are not there. You do not know.  And that includes calls to “Fire Willy”, or whomever else you want to fire or bench or insult this week

A smart man once said, “I’m too old to know everything.”  So, before you make that overly emotional post, step back, mature a little bit and enjoy the ride.

You forgot #4

4. Every year know-it-all sunshine pumpers will tell anybody with a critical opinion to shut up and be glad we even field a team.  They will say we should be happy with our defense although every FBS team and a few well coached high schools get a better push up front than the current, highly-touted squad we are fielding.

There...now it's complete.
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

This website is losing its primary intent of talking all things Hogs and becoming a Spellcheck, Language Check, Opinion Check Arguement.  It seems many would rather argue and call other posters out than discuss the topic.

I suggest many of the topics are self evident facts and therefore are really not opinions at all.  When a sugject is backed by stats and game footage, the opinion is taken out of it.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: RazorFacts on October 25, 2011, 07:18:53 PM
The same could be said about the continued bitching about Houston Nutt, just for example. But it is what it is. The funny/sad thing is that the very people who think it's just fine for them to continue going after that guy this four years later, are the VERY first posters who will start yelling that other posters need to shut up when they express an opinion THEY don't like.

There is just something fundamentally wrong with a person who doesn't understand that if THEY have a "right" to post THEIR opinion on a message board that they should support the "right" of those with whom they disagree to post THEIRS. I mean surely we can agree on that?

Would ANYONE truly enjoy this board, or any other, if it was just full of a bunch of yes men who teeheed at their every thought?

Oh.. Butthurt hugger.. I get it now...

farmhawg

Quote from: 4windshawg on October 26, 2011, 10:43:01 pm
Quote from: RazorFacts on October 25, 2011, 07:18:53 PM

Oh.. Butthurt hugger.. I get it now...
Yep....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

farmhawg

Quote from: PorkOpine on October 26, 2011, 11:25:06 pm
Fine.  Let's all sing Kumbaya now in honor of those that have felt neglected.

Get a clue, dude.  Not all opinions are "valid" much less important.  Your sense of self worth astounds me.
There is a reason he keeps coming back under new names....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!