Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL NEW MEXICO STATE GAME THREAD: POST ALL COMMENTS HERE

Started by gdumont, September 30, 2017, 10:40:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JackTNHogfan

sickboy

Quote from: elksnort on September 30, 2017, 11:22:21 am
Allen has regressed.

I think part of the issue is with Hatcher, Morgan and Sprinkle last year, Austin could chuck balls all over the field and not have to worry because he knew those guys were going to come down with the ball or fight through coverage. So he's a little overconfident in locking on to receivers, hitting overly tight windows and throwing 50/50 balls.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Qui Gon Jinn

not impressed with the 3-4 defense.  looking pretty weak.
The expert in anything was once a beginner.

Polecat

Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

MemphisBossHog

Paul Rhoads and the D should be embarrassed right now.  NMSt is getting chunks of chunks of yardage.   Yet again, our opponent has speed and we cant get to the little water bug receiver until he has gained 26 yards.   Jeez. 

JackTNHogfan

elksnort

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on September 30, 2017, 11:24:02 am
Too slow up front. Overweight.
it certainly appears so. There's no Tony to Checarico or Billy Ray Smith kind of speed there

Qui Gon Jinn

Quote from: sickboy on September 30, 2017, 11:24:27 am
I think part of the issue is with Hatcher, Morgan and Sprinkle last year, Austin could chuck balls all over the field and not have to worry because he knew those guys were going to come down with the ball or fight through coverage. So he's a little overconfident in locking on to receivers, hitting overly tight windows and throwing 50/50 balls.

I agree with some of this, but I don't think its over confidence.  He under threw that ball.  Just bad decision and a bad throw.

Al Boarland

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on September 30, 2017, 11:23:02 am
we cannot get to their QB without blitzing and they are moving the ball against this SEC defense.

You mean a struggling defense that happens to play in the SEC?

elksnort

Quote from: sickboy on September 30, 2017, 11:24:27 am
fair enough

hogcard1964

1highhog

Hog N Bama

alohawg

Quote from: Qui Gon Jinn on September 30, 2017, 11:23:10 am
defense looking soft on this series.

They literally concede 5-10 yard passes on any play. What is the philosophy, at least it takes a few plays to score depending on field position???
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: elksnort on September 30, 2017, 11:26:04 am
it certainly appears so. There's no Tony to Checarico or Billy Ray Smith kind of speed there

Man. Those were the days.

Qui Gon Jinn

Andrew Hogfan

WPS!!!

JackTNHogfan

Quote from: hogcard1964 on September 30, 2017, 11:02:22 am
Stadium half empty.

Tell Bert and JL, "If you build it, they will come."  Then say "Not the NEZ, the team."

sickboy

Polecat

Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

elksnort

Well the boys made a play even though we give up chunk yardage

1highhog

Bacons Rebellion

Grant Morgan. Nice play. Quick reaction by Richardson, too.

Dark Helmet Hog

MemphisBossHog

we had 4 guys around that receiver and the QB put it right in his hands.

Thank God we get a pick in the endzone.   And that is what will mask what really happened in this game.  If we win, it will be portrayed that Ark got things going and got better when that last drive on defense was just atrocious

ThisTeetsTaken

Good football genes in that family.  I hope they send us some more players. 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

hog.goblin

To make up for concessions failures last game they are passing around free Krispy Kreme donuts in our section. 

hogcard1964

hog.goblin

sickboy

It's only a matter of time before Hayden breaks a long one against this defense.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: hog.goblin on September 30, 2017, 11:29:37 am
To make up for concessions failures last game they are passing around free Krispy Kreme donuts in our section. 

Nice. It may get to the point free booze is next.

elksnort

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on September 30, 2017, 11:27:26 am
Man. Those were the days.
those guys were fast. I can't help but think of the name Richard Richardson also known as donut

Al Boarland

Quote from: alohawg on September 30, 2017, 11:27:14 am
They literally concede 5-10 yard passes on any play. What is the philosophy, at least it takes a few plays to score depending on field position???

The philosophy is that eventually the offense will make a mistake.

MemphisBossHog

look at how even NMSt defenders are in OUR backfield on that handoff sweep right there.  Yes, we gained some yards, but their small defenders just get around our guys with ease sometimes. Our guys look slow and plodding while just about any defense we play looks quicker and faster.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Polecat on September 30, 2017, 11:22:06 am
Why was AA grinning after the pick?

Just listening to the hogville coaches that talked about his demeanor.

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on September 30, 2017, 11:24:53 am
Mike Leach can't get here soon enough.
He also can't get here. Because we won't have an opening.

elksnort

JackTNHogfan

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on September 30, 2017, 11:29:13 am

Thank God we get a pick in the endzone.   And that is what will mask what really happened in this game.  If we win, it will be portrayed that Ark got things going and got better when that last drive on defense was just atrocious

Exactly!  They will be pumping that sunshine. 

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: elksnort on September 30, 2017, 11:30:48 am
those guys were fast. I can't help but think of the name Richard Richardson also known as donut

Yep. I grew up watching all those guys.

HoggieStyle

Allen...good grief...stare down one receiver. See that he's covered. Throw it late and high anyway.

hog.goblin

hogbud

Just need more feeder programs like Greenwood - not much help from bigger markets

sickboy

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on September 30, 2017, 11:29:13 am

OK. What do you expect? If we intercept the ball you expect the narrative to be that our defense sucks? It doesn't work that way. When you create turnovers, your defense looks good to the talking heads.