Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Next season will be season 8 at Arkansas for Anderson

Started by HognotinMemphis, March 17, 2018, 11:14:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GoHogs1091

Quote from: mykidsdad on March 17, 2018, 08:57:51 pm
well to be fair, 2018 was a top 10 class until M$U got Perry after an Addai$$ tournament. honestly, the main issue has been the cheating that others do and Mike wont do.

Perry's father played at MSU.

A lot of times, a son will go where a father went in order to make the father really happy and proud.

It was probably always wishful thinking to assume that Perry would stay committed to Arkansas.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: rude1 on March 17, 2018, 06:16:19 pm
Then the question becomes, why has it taken him 7 years to get the type of athleticism it takes to play the way he wants to play? Then the next question is, if you are recruiting guys who don't have the physical tools to play the way you want, why are you insisting on playing that way?
Part of it is because he is not a good recruiter anyway for multiple reasons to do with his laid back demeanor and not wanting to be involved in AAU cesspool. Then he basically mailed in about 2 classes, and he still hasn't recovered from that and the wasted scholarships. It's why we have had a bunch of Jucos and transfers, so basically we have 7 new players next season. He and Scotty lately have put a lot more effort into recruiting and it is paying off. This upcoming class is one of the best 4 or 5 classes ever IMO. Its not star-studded but it is top notch p5 talent IMO.

bkjbearcat

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on March 17, 2018, 10:11:43 pm
Part of it is because he is not a good recruiter anyway for multiple reasons to do with his laid back demeanor and not wanting to be involved in AAU cesspool. Then he basically mailed in about 2 classes, and he still hasn't recovered from that and the wasted scholarships. It's why we have had a bunch of Jucos and transfers, so basically we have 7 new players next season. He and Scotty lately have put a lot more effort into recruiting and it is paying off. This upcoming class is one of the best 4 or 5 classes ever IMO. Its not star-studded but it is top notch p5 talent IMO.

It's 2018. If Mike doesn't want to deal with the AAU stuff then he should quit and get a job at a Division 2 team. Simple solves his problems.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

hogsanity

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on March 17, 2018, 10:11:43 pm

Its rated 26th due to having 6 signees, and even then it might fall to 30th or so depending on any changes to other teams classes. None of the players coming in really address any of the problems we saw this year AND almost all of the scoring has to be replaced adding extra pressure on those new comers to produce early.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hawginbigd1

Quote from: hogsanity on March 17, 2018, 10:40:38 pm
Its rated 26th due to having 6 signees, and even then it might fall to 30th or so depending on any changes to other teams classes. None of the players coming in really address any of the problems we saw this year AND almost all of the scoring has to be replaced adding extra pressure on those new comers to produce early.
I disagree the returnees and newcomers will help him field his best defensive teams since he has been here, because they have the athleticism to do what he wants top to bottom, he has never had that roster here to do what he wants to do. Therein lies one of mediocre Mikes problems, he can't adapt to the players he has IMO.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: daprospecta on March 17, 2018, 07:05:21 pm
Have you even bothered to look at our incoming class? Here you go just in case you are too lazy to google it.
http://www.espn.com/colleges/basketball/recruiting/school/_/id/8/class/2018
They will be freshmen. This team will struggle big time next year. They will have a losing SEC record. By the way, the other 13 SEC teams will be working to improve and most of them are not losing 6 seniors and a freshman.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Now these Hog fans are using the no cheating excuse to defend Mike. How about being able to recruit against the cheaters if Anderson is so good at it?
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

hobhog

Quote from: Knot2brite on March 17, 2018, 01:03:11 pm
If Gafford leaves then season 8 May be the longest season of MA's career...and not in a positive way

No doubt. Next year could get ugly quick. His approval rating is not good right now.

hobhog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on March 18, 2018, 12:19:50 pm
They will be freshmen. This team will struggle big time next year. They will have a losing SEC record. By the way, the other 13 SEC teams will be working to improve and most of them are not losing 6 seniors and a freshman.

Other programs fire coaches in attempts to get better. Will be interesting to see what Yurachek does next year if as bad as think it will be.

Sivad

Quote from: HoginMemphis on March 18, 2018, 12:23:01 pm
Now these Hog fans are using the no cheating excuse to defend Mike.
You have to admire the creativity.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Sivad on March 18, 2018, 04:37:17 pm
You have to admire the creativity.
True. Never thought I would see an excuse that every program above Arkansas cheats thus can't blame our head coach for leading a program that can't finish a season ranked and cannot win more than 2 games in NCAAT in 7 seasons while making nearly $2.5 million a year.

cosmodrum

He's going to be here for a long time. I'd quit wringing your hands about it. We're not a basketball school. We're not a football school. We're a school.
Go away, batin'

ShadowHawg

Quote from: HoginMemphis on March 17, 2018, 11:14:59 am
Sutton was head coach for 11 seasons. Anderson has not done anything memorable in 7 years thus no reason to expect him to suddenly begin to take this team beyond 1st round of NCAAT. I can't imagine Arkansas basketball with a coach with Anderson's results for another 2 or 3 seasons on top of the past 7. Next year has to be his last unless Arkansas does well in the SEC and gets to 2nd or 3rd round of NCAAT.

Anderson could not do well with 6 seniors and a fab freshman. How is he going to do anything much next year with almost an entirely new starting lineup and losing 90% of his scoring from this year?

Who is going to be the PG next year? Who is going to block shots and get rebounds next year? Who is going to score for us consistently like Macon next year? I believe next season will be Anderson's swan song at Arkansas. Gave him 8 seasons to prove himself and he never did as well as he did at Mizzou and UAB. Most of what he did at those two programs based on previous coaches' recruits. Anderson not a very good recruiter.

Not sure but I can tell you who will whine and complain the most if we do win.

RacinRazorback

Quote from: elksnort on March 17, 2018, 11:41:25 am
Mike Anderson is a good coach and maybe a better person, but he is not a very good coach. His teams' have very polarized play and results. The adjustments seem to be few and far in between. It is really disappointing with the seniors on the team and a future 1st round NBA freshman and to get their asses handed to them by a team that is middle of the road good.

As folks have said, his being hired was a problem from the start. Can he be fired? Will he be fired? He is winning just enough along with the emotional connection with the past to not be fired.

And what do you really think next year is going to be like? Also, it put a sour taste in my mouth to watch any more NCAAt games when the hogs blow a great opportunity like they had.

I couldn't agree more! Plenty of talent on this team to make the sweet 16. I like Mike, I just wish he were a better coach that could get away from the fastest 40 crap and coach half court offense, defense, and for gods sake rebounding. We looked like a deer in headlights against an good not great Butler team. I couldn't see 1 adjustment from him from beginning to end, it was unwatchable as it has been several times this season. Another disappointing season for me, this team had some potential! Thanks to Macon and Barford for being HOGS! Mike will never have 2 guards like this together on a team! WPS!!

Damn shame.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: MikePiazza on March 17, 2018, 06:29:54 pm
Eddie let Keith Lee and Michael Cage go elsewhere, Nolan let Quincy Lewis go to Minnesota as well, plus Nick Bradford went to KU.

Eddie didn't "let" Keith Lee leave the state. He recruited him pretty hard. He did not recruit Cage as hard.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi