Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jake Heinrich retires

Started by ricepig, January 22, 2018, 05:46:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

SooieGeneris

January 22, 2018, 05:51:51 pm #1 Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 06:01:55 pm by SooieGeneris
So he is the surprise player leaving the team. No one was surprised by Rogers or especially Hedlund.

I have since read the link to his twitter page. It's too bad, but he has a lot of life left to think about, no sense risking that for any game with such a condition. He must be quite a student, getting his bachelors  degree that quickly, so I'm sure he'll do well in whatever he pursues.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

onebadrubi

I kept asking about him last year and no one would say anything, media, connected people, and even a couple players. 

WOOPIGDOOIE

Joshua Harris is leaving also

oldfart

sounds pretty serious. similar happening to me but im 80.... wish jake all the best in his fecovery

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

onebadrubi

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on January 22, 2018, 05:54:24 pm
Joshua Harris is leaving also

He's not on scholarship though, correct?

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 22, 2018, 05:57:49 pm
I'm not sure. I know he was a walk on, but not sure if he was ever put on scholarship

Dark Helmet Hog

I am glad the young man is able to complete his education. I have no doubt his future will be bright.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 22, 2018, 05:57:49 pm

I don't think Harris was on scholarship. I'm pretty sure his departure was known, seems like he was introduced with the SRs at the Mizzou game.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

RaisinHog

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on January 22, 2018, 06:01:11 pm
I'm not sure. I know he was a walk on, but not sure if he was ever put on scholarship

I do not think he was on scholorship

Deuce Pigelow

Dang it. Hate that for Jake.

Bash

The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became truth.

Piggfoot

Fourth year Watson Chapel walk on  linebacker His dad played 12 years in the NFL.
I had hopes for Josh but apparently his 5' 10-11 height kept him from breaking into the lineup. He played in 20 some odd games mostly on special teams.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

onebadrubi

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 22, 2018, 06:03:50 pm
I don't think Harris was on scholarship. I'm pretty sure his departure was known, seems like he was introduced with the SRs at the Mizzou game.

I believe his transfer was announced during season, so probably rught

RebelW

It's really starting to make me wonder about coach Herb and Bielema and their body builder mentality. Is this the cause of all the foot injuries?? Now disc and vertebrae ruptures.. Hate it for the young men

Piggfoot

Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

twistitup

Quote from: Piggfoot on January 22, 2018, 06:18:33 pm
Fourth year Watson Chapel walk on  linebacker His dad played 12 years in the NFL.
I had hopes for Josh but apparently his 5' 10-11 height kept him from breaking into the lineup. He played in 20 some odd games mostly on special teams.

Just a few inches kept him from breaking through?
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

IronHog

Quote from: twistitup on January 22, 2018, 07:22:14 pm

5-10 when the prototypical linebacker is 6-2 is a big deal
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

LZH

Quote from: twistitup on January 22, 2018, 07:22:14 pm

I've heard this before.....

PorkSoda

Quote from: IronHog on January 22, 2018, 07:25:25 pm

Sam Olajubutu was pretty good.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

twistitup

There have been many LB's in the 5-10" - 6-!" range. Zach Thomas comes to mind (one of many, but he had several pro bowl years) - if they have speed they are able to make it.

Short and Slow? You are done
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

onebadrubi

January 22, 2018, 07:35:53 pm #22 Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 07:53:20 pm by onebadrubi
Quote from: RebelW on January 22, 2018, 07:18:36 pm
It's really starting to make me wonder about coach Herb and Bielema and their body builder mentality. Is this the cause of all the foot injuries?? Now disc and vertebrae ruptures.. Hate it for the young men

There is a lot to wonder about with the previous staff, but it appears Jakes issue came from something out of anyone's control.   No reason to throw these type of accusations out there

aloha_kid

Quote from: ricepig on January 22, 2018, 05:46:52 pm
https://twitter.com/JAKEHEINRICH1/status/955584358857019392

Medical leave.

That is terrible.  I've suffered with a bad back for about 20 years.  So sorry for the young man.

Hog in Iowa

Best of luck to you Jake and I'm really sorry to hear about your injuries.  You are definitely doing the right thing.  Take good care of yourself and I'm glad to hear you're going to continue your studies and get both your Bachelors and graduate degrees.  Sorry it didn't work out for you but you'll always be a Hog.

(Sorry mods, I thought I was in the MMQB section and I don't know how to move it over there.)
The border town shook my hand, it was the gateway to some other land.
The border town is the great divide, just the gateway to some other side.
I got to get across. ~ Chris Whitley

Freebrd

I hope the best for Mr Heinrich.  Thank you for being 'another brick in the wall' of the Razorback nation.  WPS

FANONTHEHILL

Way off base.  This was a recurrent contact injury. 
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

IronMountainHog

Dat Nyguen was 5'11". Only had 517 tackles at the LB spot for Texas A & M. Pretty shabby lol.

IronMountainHog

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on January 22, 2018, 07:44:51 pm
Way off base.  This was a recurrent contact injury. 
This was the BIG recruit Kurt Anderson was bound to deliver once he was hired. He was a 4 star recruit with an old mans back.

onebadrubi

Quote from: IronMountainHog on January 22, 2018, 07:48:40 pm
This was the BIG recruit Kurt Anderson was bound to deliver once he was hired. He was a 4 star recruit with an old mans back.

Ahh of course, you knew this kids back was bad before we inked him? 

IronMountainHog

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 22, 2018, 07:53:58 pm
Ahh of course, you knew this kids back was bad before we inked him? 
I didn't say I knew that. Just saying he probably hurt it in HS before he got here.

(notOM)Rebel123

Hate that for the kid. Tough deal. Best of luck to him. He'll do well.

Just curious...when did college athletes start "retiring"?
Used to never hear it phrased that way.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

ricepig

Quote from: IronMountainHog on January 22, 2018, 07:56:49 pm
I didn't say I knew that. Just saying he probably hurt it in HS before he got here.
He had shoulder surgery before he ever came here, don't know about back problems.

bphi11ips

Wow.  I feel really bad for him.  I wonder if that explains why he never played.  I assumed he was waiting to grow into a spot but also wondered why he was never in the conversation when things went south for the line.

Congrats on the degree.  Maybe we haven't won as much as we would have liked, but the academic support in Fayetteville is second to none.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Hopeful Hog

HogFoo

sucks we keep losing oline guys.   yes, it should free up another scholly.   I am sure the coaches knew this way before we did.  so I am sure they are probably scurrying around to find another OL guy now.  I wonder if they would hit the juco ranks to find a guy.  I wonder if many top guys are left?  Thatd be a question for RD.  I wish Jake luck. 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

hawganatic

Candidate for bonehead post of the day?

Injuries were around the game long before Bielema and Herb were apart of it.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

justmaybe

Someone on medical hardship does not count against the 85 limit

FANONTHEHILL

He committed to Sam Pittman July 4th, 2015.  Anderson kept him from going elsewhere, but he was a Pittman guy. 
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

LZH

PonderinHog

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Flrazrback

Hate to see a career in football end like this, but the future still remains bright form this Gentleman. Good Luck Jake and Thank You for all you have done for Razorback Football.

RebelW

Quote from: hawganatic on January 22, 2018, 08:50:46 pm
Candidate for bonehead post of the day?

Injuries were around the game long before Bielema and Herb were apart of it.
Yes they were around. But you don't dead lift 600 lbs with a bad back

hawginbigd1

Quote from: justmaybe on January 22, 2018, 09:43:41 pm
Someone on medical hardship does not count against the 85 limit
Correct.

LZH

Kevin

Nothing but success for you jake.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

The NewEra

I'm glad there is a system in place that allows young men like Jake to retain their scholarship while getting their degrees after an incident like this. 

ThisTeetsTaken

Does Anderson still have the "30 for 30" line on his Twitter?
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***