Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Knile probably not returning

Started by HogNiner12, November 23, 2012, 06:34:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogNiner12

JWill tweeted and sounded like Knile isn't returning.

Mike Shelton

go hogues

If he's smart he will. Dude drops it every other touch he gets
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

moses_007

Where's he gonna go?  I seriously doubt any NFL team would be interested in him after the year he just had.  He looked better today than at any other game this year.

Zen_Hog

Williams just tweeted @Jwillpart2: I tweeted @BoobieKnile_Era in there cause we will never all be together again. Idk what he's doing. Youll see next year

hawgfan_18

I assume KD will be returning next year. But, Jonathan Williams tweeted that he'd miss playing with Johnson, knife and Ronnie wings jr.  Am I missing something?  Is KD going somewhere?

Hogwild

Quote from: moses_007 on November 23, 2012, 06:36:36 pm
Where's he gonna go?  I seriously doubt any NFL team would be interested in him after the year he just had.  He looked better today than at any other game this year.

Thinking the same thing, atleast see who the next coach is.

dizzy_lavender

Quote from: hawgfan_18 on November 23, 2012, 06:40:40 pm
I assume KD will be returning next year. But, Jonathan Williams tweeted that he'd miss playing with Johnson, knife and Ronnie wings jr.  Am I missing something?  Is KD going somewhere?

Mac the knife?

RazrRila99

Quote from: go hogues on November 23, 2012, 06:36:35 pm
If he's smart he will. Dude drops it every other touch he gets

that's johnson, knile held onto the ball pretty dang good today. 

razorbackchamps94

Martygit

If he's really stupid ......... he won't come back - seriously, why would anyone draft him based on the past 2 years?????
RIP OTR, REV

MacHog19

I think that's an ill-advised decision, if that is what Knile is planning to do.

Hoggish1

Smart.  He made it through this year and is healthy.  He ran hard and showed he's got worth.  Work hard in the off season and do what's needed to secure a spot at the next level is my advice.

MRPRFCT

Knile needs to go while he can still be drafted on potential. Another year and injury and it can be curtains for his pro football career.

GTOWNHOG

Sorry to say this, but based upon his performance this year, Knile Davis will not be missed.  I wish him the best, and I hope that he is able to achieve his goals, but it it time that we start anew with a new staff and the players that they recruit.....
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

Kevin

i ready to see jwill be the featured back, with smalls blocking for him.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

CallThoseHawgs

Am I the only one who thought Knile played pretty good today, good job on the ground and receiving too. Hope to see him back next year, with a coach who knows what they're doing.

HogNiner12

Quote from: CallThoseHawgs on November 23, 2012, 08:32:14 pm
Am I the only one who thought Knile played pretty good today, good job on the ground and receiving too. Hope to see him back next year, with a coach who knows what they're doing.

100% agree

DallasHogFan

JWill said he didn't know what Knile was going to do. Just that it was the last time Wingo/Johnson/Knile/JWill would all be together. You guys are funny. A non-starting back with 346 yards in his jr year is not entering the NFL draft.
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some "Hogville Censored" muscle. -Wooderson

Dillar Dog

Quote from: Kevin on November 23, 2012, 08:00:37 pm

Who is smalls?  Is he related to Kniles?

ChicoHog

I hope he comes back but i think he's gone.  He can go to the combine and/or have individual workouts and do really well. RB is probably the easiest position to fill in the NFL so who knows.  It's all about the blocking schemes and the holes you have.  Does anyone know if he is set to graduate in May? 

EastexHawg

Quote from: Cole1976 on November 23, 2012, 06:59:00 pm
that's johnson, knile held onto the ball pretty dang good today. 

What game were watching?  Knife fumbled twice today. He got lucky when the officials called forward progress stopped on one of them.

ckhawgu

Not a good decision on his part but can't blame the guy for wanting to get out of dodge! Wish him well if he goes but also hope he goes pure "King Kong" on these SEC Defenses next year if he stays!

Pork Twain

Well he did have one good quarter...

I think that NOBODY will do anything until a new coach is hired
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

HogHillbilly

GOOD... We need to make a clean sweep and start over. Coach and all
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

buldozer

rightdp

Knile will definitely not be back next season. I was told this tonight by a coach.

Hogfaniam

if he comes back, put him as a receiver.  get him beyond the line of scrimmage and into open space, get the ball to him and let that 4.3 speed burn.  he can still carry the ball, but utilize that speed.  if he can consistently catch the ball, he will last longer as a receiver.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

LJHOG

Quote from: HogNiner12 on November 23, 2012, 06:34:56 pm
Well where is he gonna go?  Back home to drive a delivery truck.

UhYeaJoe

Smalls...... Rides a Harley, dresses like a rock star

Pork Twain

Quote from: rightdp on November 23, 2012, 11:14:24 pm
Knile will definitely not be back next season. I was told this tonight by a coach.
Guess what, the coach that told you that will most likely not be back next season.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

hawaiianhogster

Quote from: HogNiner12 on November 23, 2012, 06:34:56 pm

The way he played all season long, I said before that he was saving himself for the NFL. That is the only logical observation I could make. Look at other RB's that have had major injuies that came back to play and did great things. Not Knile. For some reason I could tell he wasn't pushing himself to go all out. It was like he was saving himself from further injury.

I have no proof of this but that is the way I saw it. All of a suden his last game he makes some good runs. If he leaves it will be best for the team because they need someone who will give 100 percent all the time.

HogginAllDay&Nite

Quote from: BeoPig™ on November 23, 2012, 11:23:30 pm
Guess what, the coach that told you that will most likely not be back next season.

Hilarious
Loyal Razorback Fan Through It All

ferrellhog

Quote from: UhYeaJoe on November 23, 2012, 11:23:23 pm
Smalls...... Rides a Harley, dresses like a rock star
and you can take that to the bank or my name aint
Nathan Arizona

hawaiianhogster

Today he did paly well. It was the rest of the games he forgot how to play.

AFWarrior83

If he goes, some team might take a shot towards the end of the draft. If he stays and has a year similar to 2010, he'll be drafted way higher. Injury prone and only one productive season is putting all the eggs in one basket...big gamble. Does he have his degree already?
Hogville member since 2005.

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

He really thinks he will get drafted after this season?

If so, good luck to him.  :razorback:

pigfeet

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 23, 2012, 09:14:07 pm
What game were watching?  Knife fumbled twice today. He got lucky when the officials called forward progress stopped on one of them.

razorsharptusk

Knile coming in and performing like he did is the reason for the touchdown.  Not only did they have to account for Cobi at that point, but Knile as well. He was as close to the old Knile today as I have seen him this year.
GO HOGS!!

hogansas

Quote from: Dillar Dog on November 23, 2012, 08:59:18 pm
Who is smalls?  Is he related to Kniles?

Don't know who Smalls is, but he's killing me.

On that note, unless he's just tired of being hurt or doesn't want to endure a 3rd new head coach in 3 years, I believe Knile will be back.
"You can't trust every quote you read on the Internet." - Abraham Lincoln.

rlreev01

Quote from: rightdp on November 23, 2012, 11:14:24 pm

What Coach, The Springdale Bulldogs Coach? Please don't make this "for sure" post without a qualified post

Pork Twain

I think he should come back and with the right coach and the fire he showed last night he could have a great year

hoghiker

Quote from: JethroB. on November 23, 2012, 07:33:07 pm
Wow really?? What a way to show some class.
You posted what was on my mind.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: MRPRFCT on November 23, 2012, 07:29:28 pm
Knile needs to go while he can still be drafted on potential. Another year and injury and it can be curtains for his pro football career.
I agree he needs to go run a 4.4 and show how strong he is. Kid deserves to make some money and I would welcome him back but he has great potential and NFL teams will love his numbers at the combine. He gave his all to the Razorback program and I hope he has a great NFL career. I have had injuries and can tell you he finally got past the mental part of it. Hope he gets a chance and kills it in the NFL!  :razorback:

Pork Twain

Knile needs to come back and show that he is the same RB he was before his injury.

aloha_kid

I hope he stays.  I don't think he was really 100% all year.  What I mean by this is until yesterday, I don't think he was ready both physically and mentally.  I hope he returns, but if not I really want to see him blow up on Sundays.

jcharkansas

Quote from: Kevin on November 23, 2012, 08:00:37 pm
what happened to that Roberts kid out of Oklahoma,  did he red shirt and has he looked good in practice?

Letsroll1200

Knile should go to the NFL after this season. The young man played great as a razorback. He can catch out of the backfield and with an improved o-line/coaching on the next level he will be a productive runningback again. Without Knile Arkansas would have never made it to the Sugar bowl in the 2010 season. He will be healthy at the combine and might be a late draft pick.

passinghog

RB is one of the easiest positions to transition to the pros. He'll be a mid round draft pick. Pretty sure he'll graduate in 2013. Why come back and risk injury?