Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We Are Screwed At QB

Started by Boss Hog in the Arkansas, November 12, 2017, 09:24:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Cole Kelley didnt start against LSU because of his turf toe. We havent been informed on the severity of the injury, but Kelleys entire foot was discolored earlier in the week. The coaching staff never intended to play him. Unfortunately, Austin Allen hasnt fully recovered either, as we could tell early on by his passes. At the end of the 4th, Kelley was put in because Allens arm was pretty much fried. Unless one of them heals within the next 2 games, we probably dont have a chance
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on November 12, 2017, 09:24:08 am
Cole Kelley didnt start against LSU because of his turf toe. We havent been informed on the severity of the injury, but Kelleys entire foot was discolored earlier in the week. The coaching staff never intended to play him. Unfortunately, Austin Allen hasnt fully recovered either, as we could tell early on by his passes. At the end of the 4th, Kelley was put in because Allens arm was pretty much fried. Unless one of them heals within the next 2 games, we probably dont have a chance

I'm not certain that we have a chance anyway. LSU had a "Bama hangover" and we looked pretty pitiful offensively. Miss State may be in a position where they are also suffering from a "Bama hangover" as well, but I'm not sure what we will be able to do about it. Missouri's offense has come alive and they have scored 95 points in their last two games combined and allowed just 33. To top it off, Cole Kelley was picked up last night and it is a good bet he won't play at all vs. Miss State. So that QB issue just became a little more serious.
Go Hogs Go!

Kevin

ty storey come on down, you are the next contestant
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

farmhawg

The coaches are incompetent in gettting players ready. How the hell do you not have the third string ready? Starter is out and your playing the second, one snap and third is in.

Same crap for five years, thank God it will be over soon.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

majp51

Quote from: Kevin on November 12, 2017, 09:35:26 am
ty storey come on down, you are the next contestant

When CBB can ruin the first 2 QB;s future? No Way. CBB is essentially the Anti-Dan Mullen when it comes to QB's

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 12, 2017, 09:34:24 am
I'm not certain that we have a chance anyway. LSU had a "Bama hangover" and we looked pretty pitiful offensively. Miss State may be in a position where they are also suffering from a "Bama hangover" as well, but I'm not sure what we will be able to do about it. Missouri's offense has come alive and they have scored 95 points in their last two games combined and allowed just 33. To top it off, Cole Kelley was picked up last night and it is a good bet he won't play at all vs. Miss State. So that QB issue just became a little more serious.

Idk.....i think MissSt will take out their anger on the Hogs...compared to the current team, they are physical giants.....it will be ugly.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

dfwalumdad

Unless one of them heals within the next 2 games, we probably dont have a chance

we never had a chance period. we were always going to lose these last three games, but hey it's nice that you had hope!

NuttinItUp

He used alcohol to manage the turf toe pain.

https://www.so.washington.ar.us/res/Detainee.aspx?bn=4196225

hawginbigd1

It's cute that you think Allen's arm "injury" is the reason he sucked so bad yesterday!

ricepig

SONofHAM

With BB's mismanagement of Hammonds...I wouldn't be shocked if Storey comes out and shows he's the best QB on the team.
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

razordan

Quote from: ricepig on November 12, 2017, 10:05:54 am
If he's only 6'6" , then Austin must be 5'10" .....

I can say confidently that AA is 5-10 tops

seasonhog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 12, 2017, 09:34:24 am

Per Hillary quote .........what diff. does it make now.

HognotinMemphis

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

ipigsooie

I'm sure the dwi situation isn't perfect either. Ughh

WilsonHog

Better get Ty Storey ready. If the Bullies blitz us like they did Alabama last night, we're going to need him.

ricepig

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 12, 2017, 10:12:49 am
Better get Ty Storey ready. If the Bullies blitz us like they did Alabama last night, we're going to need him.

We'll probably run the Wildhog all night until we run out of anyone willing to stand back there and receive the snap.

dfwalumdad

Quote from: SONofHAM on November 12, 2017, 10:08:26 am
With BB's mismanagement of Hammonds...I wouldn't be shocked if Storey comes out and shows he's the best QB on the team.

honestly i think the next coach makes kelly a tight end and storey probably the starter

ICEman

DWI's...recruit your own problems.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

bvillepig

Quote from: dfwalumdad on November 12, 2017, 10:24:18 am
honestly i think the next coach makes kelly a tight end and storey probably the starter

One thing Kelly needs to do is lose about 30 and he would be a different player.

ListenHereMister

Pull a Tennessee and pull the redshirt off of Hyatt.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

jgphillips3

It doesn't matter.  MSU was going to truck us no matter who plays QB and Mizzou was 50/50 at best because I'm not sure we can stop them from scoring.

Beaverfever

Is Ty Storey a complete non-factor? 

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

HornetHog

We are so screwed from trusting Enos and BB they know what they were doing in recruiting QBs.  BB's MO at Wisc was exactly the same,..he never went after a high profile QB. Often wanted to see walk-ons fight it out to see who started, and this was OK for him based on his offense of pounding the ball and handing off the majority of the time. The coach's sons and poor choice offers have now bitten us in the ass and everyone has been acting dumbfounded. There are some diamonds in the rough out there that could step in and be very productive. This staff has put a wall up and not very receptive to Alumni base support or help.  So this implosion has been a long time coming. With all the D1 Coaching changes that are about to take place, this will also shake up the recruiting as well. There are JUCO QBs that could step in this spring and handle the job in the fall. Sorry, but the current QBs we have are FCS level,...  "maybe" Sunbelt level QBs at best. As much as the Media has attempted to boost his ability,Allen is not his brother,  Miller is all wrong in so, so many ways, Story was overrated in High School and hasn't gotten much better since.  This is of course is "IMO". I only wish we could fast forward to the next staff to see how they will recruit.  Go Hogs.
Just as smart as all the other smartarses on here

HornetHog

SooieGeneris

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 12, 2017, 12:12:36 pm
It doesn't matter.  MSU was going to truck us no matter who plays QB and Mizzou was 50/50 at best because I'm not sure we can stop them from scoring.

Not sure we can stop Mizzou from scoring? He!! they are scoring on better defenses than ours and we couldn't stop Coastal Carolina from scoring!

They'll hang 50 on us likely in Bert's last game.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

PORKULATOR

Most of you guys are appalling after a win much less after a loss. You've no belief in anything Razorbacks and it sickens me.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: PORKULATOR on November 12, 2017, 01:01:02 pm
Most of you guys are appalling after a win much less after a loss. You've no belief in anything Razorbacks and it sickens me.

Lucy has pulled the ball one too many times for me.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Beaverfever

You've no belief in anything Razorbacks and it sickens me.
I absolutely have no faith in the Razorbacks.  We're a terrible program going in the wrong direction. 

HornetHog

It hurts me to speak the truth. I bleed razorback red,.. and will continue to do so. But somebody has to keep it real.

Seebs

TJ Hammonds WildHog package the entire game.  that would be fun as heck.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

grayhawg

Ty Story may light up some folks our coaching staff can evaluate players so well.

sarcasm on the bolded part

code red

We are screwed in a lot of areas. With a lot of athletes.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Beaverfever on November 12, 2017, 01:21:31 pm
I absolutely have no faith in the Razorbacks.  We're a terrible program going in the wrong direction.
No no no no. We're a great program in troubling times. Just need a good HC

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on November 12, 2017, 10:02:40 am
It's cute that you think Allen's arm "injury" is the reason he sucked so bad yesterday!

"Cute"

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on November 12, 2017, 02:26:25 pm
Allen will be the QB against MSU UNLESS his arm completely falls off, even then not so sure if that would be enough to keep him on the bench.   

BDSCT51

Quote from: SooieGeneris on November 12, 2017, 01:00:26 pm
Not sure we can stop Mizzou from scoring? He!! they are scoring on better defenses than ours and we couldn't stop Coastal Carolina from scoring!

They'll hang 50 on us likely in Bert's last game.

I think you're three touchdowns short on that 50. Or were you just looking at the halftime score?
Bleeding Razorback Red

Hog-Corleone

Did anyone see the two Miss's play this weekend?  It doesn't matter who our QB is, it could be Aaron Frickin Rogers, or insert your favorite NFL HoF QB here.  They will still both beat this Bielema coached team by 30. 
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

TeufelHog

Mizzou just put 50 on Tenner . . . they will hang 60+ on our Hogs unless our "plodding-run-offense" returns and we find a way to stay on the field running the ball/draining the clock.  Hog "Time of Possession" better return or our next two games will be even more of a disaster.  Drew Lock will not overthrow receivers and his receivers won't drop passes like they did last season.  Will get ugly . . .

Danny J

Quote from: farmhawg on November 12, 2017, 09:39:45 am
The coaches are incompetent in gettting players ready. How the hell do you not have the third string ready? Starter is out and your playing the second, one snap and third is in.

Same crap for five years, thank God it will be over soon.
Oh don't forget Froholdt is injured so bring in Clary then Clary is injured and time to bring back injured Froholdt.

He is incompetent and should be let go immediately. We may have an outside chance at a bowl with him on the sideline.

The NewEra

It might be more appropriate to take that anger out on the coaches who have presented us with this state of affairs rather than the fans.  Just a thought!

I would put in Storey just to get him some game time.  I would work him first team all week.  I am sure this will not happen but would not be surprised to see Storey without any preparation inserted into the game, where he will fail big time and Bret will explain that he was all we had but wasn't really ready as he thought blab, blab, blab.

Quickdraw

Quote from: ricepig on November 12, 2017, 10:16:26 am
We'll probably run the Wildhog all night until we run out of anyone willing to stand back there and receive the snap.

That's the only strategy left. It's going to be ugly!!!