Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wisconsin Record since BB left

Started by SooieGeneris, November 11, 2017, 07:56:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SooieGeneris

I was under the impression that the Badgers had a slightly better record since BB left than what they had from 2006-2012.

Boy, was I wrong! Granted, I don't follow the Big 10 that much other than Ohio State, it's just not my cup of tea compared to the SEC and Big 12 and Pac 12. Sorry, but Wisconsin plays a boring brand of football for my taste. Boring, but very efficient.

BB's record was 68-24 overall for a winning pct. of .739, 37-19 in conference for a pct. of .661

Under Gary Andersen in 2013-14, Wisconsin was 20-7 overall, .741 and 13-3 in conference for a pct. of .813.

Under Paul Christ the last three years, (so far) it's 31-6 .838 and 20-4 .833.

So, to sum it up, since Bielema left, the Badgers are 51-13 overall .797 and 33-7 in Big 10 play, .825, meaning that since he left, Wisconsin's winning percentage has gone up under BOTH coaches who succeeded him.

Overall between Andersen and Christ, their winning percentage has risen from .739 to .797 and in conference play it has risen a whopping .164 from .661 to .825.

Meanwhile, in the 5 years before BB, our Hogs were 38-25 overall and 19-21 in the SEC even factoring in 2-6 seasons in Petrino's first year with a depleted roster and the disastrous one year reign of John Loser Smith.

Compare that with Bielema's 29-32 and 11-27 the last 5 seasons..

I get it, it's a microwave world. It takes SIX seasons to turn a program around, never mind that BP did it in 3. If BB was here and suffered another dumpster fire of a season, stretch the number of years it takes to 7, and so on.

Remember how he was going to build this team from the inside out, starting with the lines? And what are the biggest weaknesses on this team?

Barry Alvarez was the man behind the curtain at Madison, probably still is, but the fact is TWO coaches have done better percentage wise there since our current coach left.

No wonder Alvarez and many Badger fans didn't seem that concerned when BB left..
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

DeltaBoy

Bret has to be managed to win!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hoggie17

Look at Wisconsin's schedule this year. I can see why they win games.

IronHog

Quote from: Hoggie17 on November 11, 2017, 10:19:05 pm

Whisky is a mid tier SEC WEST team

Unfortunately B.B. can't replicate that at UA
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

riccoar

Quote from: Hoggie17 on November 11, 2017, 10:19:05 pm
This. They won't win the Big 10 championship

Youngsta71701

Quote from: riccoar on November 11, 2017, 10:22:07 pm
I don't know...they blew out an Iowa team today that beat Ohio State last week...Just saying...
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

huntindoc

It's the same conference they were in when Bielema was there.  I think the OP's point was they didn't miss a beat when Bielema left.  I think Arkansas understands that better than anyone can.

Pig in the Pokey

schedule was EVEN WEAKER when BB was there, Bawz.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

TNRazorbacker

Quote from: riccoar on November 11, 2017, 10:22:07 pm

But they were playing the same type of schedule when BB was there and he won less. His first, best year he won one game against a ranked opponent. The last one, against the Hogs in the Capital One Bowl.