Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blake Johnson

Started by Wooderson, November 11, 2017, 06:48:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wooderson

Wasn't he rated highly?  Not trying to bash him, but we need a punter that can kick it more than 35 yards.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

ricepig

Yep, we beat out LSU for him, didn't we? I think we offered a scholarship and they wanted him to walkon.

Fan1958

Not bashing either but he needs to get better at handling the snap.  Has dropped two and bobbled one today.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

Wooderson

Are the coaches having him kick it higher and therefore shorter?  You would think if a guy can kick it 44yds in high school that would translate to college as well.

Paul

Honestly I've always wondered about B.B. offering Schollies to highly ranked punters/place-kickers. Didn't we usually have them walk in & earn a school before B.B.?

Hoggish1

Blake is not what I expected.

jabberjawls

Isn't he a 'special teams' player?  No coaching.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Wooderson on November 11, 2017, 06:48:20 pm
Wasn't he rated highly?  Not trying to bash him, but we need a punter that can kick it more than 35 yards.
Out of all the things to worry about on this football team you're worried about the freaking punter? Seriously...
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Wooderson on November 11, 2017, 06:57:47 pm
Are the coaches having him kick it higher and therefore shorter?  You would think if a guy can kick it 44yds in high school that would translate to college as well.
Exactly, he should be averaging 50 yards per punt after 2 years of college ball. Once again poor coaching and player development.

longpig

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 11, 2017, 10:54:16 pm
Out of all the things to worry about on this football team you're worried about the freaking punter? Seriously...

When you punt as much as we do...
Don't be scared, be smart.

rzrbkman

This is a fan message board. Punting is just one problem of many that Is open for discussion.

Youngsta71701

Youngsta71701

Quote from: rzrbkman on November 11, 2017, 11:14:23 pm
This is a fan message board. Punting is just one problem of many that Is open for discussion.
Agreed...

Wooderson

Have you ever heard of marginal gains improvement?  By your post I doubt it.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 11, 2017, 10:55:52 pm
Exactly, he should be averaging 50 yards per punt after 2 years of college ball. Once again poor coaching and player development.

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Athog

Quote from: Paul on November 11, 2017, 07:00:16 pm
Honestly I've always wondered about B.B. offering Schollies to highly ranked punters/place-kickers. Didn't we usually have them walk in & earn a school before B.B.?

Yea ... well that is not the norm!

Hog N Bama

well the guy did have a brain fart and thought he was QB