Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Side note: watching college football on ESPN is painful...

Started by hobhog, November 11, 2017, 06:01:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hobhog

Constant "game breaks", sideline reports about nothing, and the self promotion is ridiculous. You get to see the play, then they break away during huddle, and come back at the snap. Drives me nuts. It's why I try to go to the games.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Hog bashing.

Rayzback

Georgia goes down. Does Miss St have a chance against Alabama?
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

Soooie21

LRRandy

This is fun, isn't it.

rhog1

Quote from: hobhog on November 11, 2017, 06:01:03 pm
Constant "game breaks", sideline reports about nothing, and the self promotion is ridiculous. You get to see the play, then they break away during huddle, and come back at the snap. Drives me nuts. It's why I try to go to the games.

Our game today seemed like it was more commercials than game.

gangstaback

This was the only benefit of using Sling TV. It gave angles of the games without any commentary. MUCH MUCH MUCH preferred sitting in silence when the game went to commercials than all the "updates", "interviews", and pointless crowd shots.

Take today's game:
- Did they have to show pretty much every play from Iowa State v Ok State?
- The sideline reporter lady, did she say anything that made sense all day?
- Why are all the commentators and reporters "nobodies"? Can they not find a former player who majored in communications?
- The boxing ad (and I love boxing) went on for a good minute for a fight that doesn't even matter.
- Was that the aquarium in baton rouge they were showing us? Does anyone really care?

mckinneyhog5

My Top 5
Patterson
Strong
Kiffin
Campbell
Miles

6 and 7
Malzahn
Norvell
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Torqued pork

That's why you keep fresh batteries in the remote and cold beer in the fridge.

woo.pig

Don't worry ESPN won't be able to afford to broadcast much football after 2020

hobhog

Quote from: gangstaback on November 11, 2017, 07:37:07 pm
This was the only benefit of using Sling TV. It gave angles of the games without any commentary. MUCH MUCH MUCH preferred sitting in silence when the game went to commercials than all the "updates", "interviews", and pointless crowd shots.

Take today's game:
- Did they have to show pretty much every play from Iowa State v Ok State?
- The sideline reporter lady, did she say anything that made sense all day?
- Why are all the commentators and reporters "nobodies"? Can they not find a former player who majored in communications?
- The boxing ad (and I love boxing) went on for a good minute for a fight that doesn't even matter.
- Was that the aquarium in baton rouge they were showing us? Does anyone really care?

I would LOVE silence with video of field during time outs!!!  Would pay extra.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

3of5-2

At least you can change the channel or turn it off. If you are at the games you have to put up with JL's arrogant antics every time there is a timeout, trotting somebody out on the field, so we can all clap for them.

hobhog

Quote from: 3of5-2 on November 11, 2017, 10:12:37 pm
At least you can change the channel or turn it off. If you are at the games you have to put up with JL's arrogant antics every time there is a timeout, trotting somebody out on the field, so we can all clap for them.

No. You don't. It's a big place......

East Clintwood

And you think the stupid canned music, Petit Jean Meats commercials, and drunk fans are any better?
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

hobhog

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 11, 2017, 10:39:51 pm

And you think the stupid canned music, Petit Jean Meats commercials, and drunk fans are any better?

Absolutely.

You wouldnt understand.

gangstaback

Quote from: hobhog on November 11, 2017, 08:58:23 pm
I would LOVE silence with video of field during time outs!!!  Would pay extra.

Try sling tv on a free trial. They have a camera shot behind the QB with only crowd noise. Kind of like playing a video game, you can see the line do their work. Only problem is you can't see the receivers or secondary. Also the crowd noise is great. You hear little chants and fans shouting random things. NFL is doing some of this to mixed reviews. I too would pay extra but SLING TV interface is awful.

I watched it like this on the TCU game last year.