Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Santos Ramirez Post Game

Started by WilsonHog, November 11, 2017, 03:08:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

elksnort

Quote from: Porkys Revenge on November 12, 2017, 07:31:00 am
Probably the coach smelling of alcohol and falling asleep during team meetings.
Interesting and not good if true.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: hoglady on November 11, 2017, 08:08:47 pm
"I felt like guys didn't expect us to be in the game at half. They came in laughing at halftime. I kept telling them, we've gotta finish this game out." - Santos Ramirez

Here's another Ramirez quote I came across.

Sorry for Santos. He deserves better.

checkraiser88

Geez, these guys need to get their piss hot!

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: checkraiser88 on November 12, 2017, 10:35:40 am
Geez, these guys need to get their piss hot!
damn man, how many peanut butter and jelly sammiches does it take to boil that piss ?
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Grunt

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on November 11, 2017, 04:13:24 pm
Same here...players are big, fast, physical and bringing the wood!!! Makes ya wonder why these upper echelon SEC teams possess such high intensity players on the field...Hogs are scrappy but not prize fighters that I see out those type of teams...Even LSU was beatable today but just couldn't keep that drive, that fight up for the 2nd half...
We're going to have to hire better players or accept the status quo. That's just the reality. The "student athlete" concept is a joke. 
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

hobhog

Quote from: Grunt on November 12, 2017, 10:56:54 am
We're going to have to hire better players or accept the status quo. That's just the reality. The "student athlete" concept is a joke.

Stay away from the program please.....

lasthog

Quote from: Porkys Revenge on November 12, 2017, 07:31:00 am
Probably the coach smelling of alcohol and falling asleep during team meetings.

If this was true, the buyout just went to zero and a rehab facility will get a great new client.

Asleep, maybe. Smelling of alcohol? Don't believe it.

Grunt

The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

BroyledNutts

November 12, 2017, 01:22:55 pm #58 Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 04:54:07 pm by BroyledNutts
Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on November 11, 2017, 04:13:24 pm
Same here...players are big, fast, physical and bringing the wood!!! Makes ya wonder why these upper echelon SEC teams possess such high intensity players on the field...

Two reasons, in my own opinion only -

1) Stars actually do matter ...
    The higher the stars, the more physically sound, talented, and capable - more football IQ than lesser rated players - and more personal dedication to the game itself above most other interests in their lives ...

2) Coaching does matter ...
    Coaches aren't your bestie, their not your grandma ... they're not your shoulder to cry on, and they're not your drinkin' buddy ... they're the guys who are going to take the talent and aptitude that you possess, bring it all to the surface, shape it, hone it, refine it, and master it ... they're going to kick your ass and cuss you when you screw up or get lazy, jerk a knot in your tail and scream in your face when you get stupid and act like a child. They're going to treat their job like a job, not like a way overpaid summer camp counselor position. Their going to give you the opportunity to prove your worth, just like the real world will, and if you can't make it happen you'll be s**t out of luck, just like the real world.

Do we possess either of the above at Arkansas?

BigSexyHog

Have no issues with what he said
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

BroyledNutts

Quote from: hoglady on November 11, 2017, 08:08:47 pm
"I felt like guys didn't expect us to be in the game at half. They came in laughing at halftime. I kept telling them, we've gotta finish this game out." - Santos Ramirez

Here's another Ramirez quote I came across.

That. Is why we fail.

....and it's either a reflection of the coaching staff, or a judgement against it.

elksnort

Quote from: BroyledNutts on November 12, 2017, 01:22:55 pm
Two reasons, in my own opinion only -

1) Stars actually do matter ...
    The higher the stars, the more physically sound, talented, and capable - more football IQ than lesser rated players - and more personal dedication to the game itself above most other interests in their lives ...

2) Coaching does matter ...
    Coaches aren't your bestie, their not your grandma ... they're not your shoulder to cry on, and they're not your drinkin' buddy ... they're the guys who are going to take the talent and aptitude that you possess, bring it all to the surface, shape it, hone, it, refine it, and master it ... they're going to kick your ass and cuss you when you screw up or get lazy, jerk a knot in your tail and scream in your face when you get stupid and act like a child. They're going to treat their job like a job, not like a way overpaid summer camp counselor position. Their going to give you the opportunity to prove your worth, just like the real world will, and if you can't make it happen you'll be s**t out of luck, just like the real world.

Do we possess either of the above at Arkansas?
throw a dirty sanchez into this and this is another great post

LZH

Quote from: rzrbk4life on November 11, 2017, 03:21:47 pm
I'm watching the AU vs. GA game and it's amazing how much more physical those teams are. It's been a few years since I've seen a physical razorback team

I watched that too. It was like night and day between their programs and ours.

LZH

Quote from: lasthog on November 12, 2017, 11:12:06 am
If this was true, the buyout just went to zero and a rehab facility will get a great new client.

Asleep, maybe. Smelling of alcohol? Don't believe it.

Don't disregard it, either.