Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hey BOT and TPTB at the Uof ARK have you had enough yet?

Started by forrest city joe, November 11, 2017, 02:12:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

Getting blown out and embarrassed every week is not fun for the players,fans or anyone.yet you folks have let this disgrace go on the last 2 years.i would fire coach B tonight if i had any say.we are getting destroyed in almost every game we play against power 5 teams over the last 2 years. it is unreal what is being accepted by the people in charge.it's flat out sickening!

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Beaverfever

Quote from: rhames on November 11, 2017, 02:13:08 pm
He is going to finish the season.
This.  He's obviously going to be fired at the end of the year so I'm not going to get too worked up. 

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: Beaverfever on November 11, 2017, 02:14:37 pm
This.  He's obviously going to be fired at the end of the year so I'm not going to get too worked up. 

Yep.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

forrest city joe

Quote from: rhames on November 11, 2017, 02:13:08 pm
He is going to finish the season.
He would not if i had any say. i would fire him tonight! he does not deserve to finish the season. he flat out sucks as our head coach.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Come out and make a statement saying he's done at the end of the year if that's the case. Give fans a reason to show up these last two weeks and cheer the kids on.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

rhames

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 11, 2017, 02:17:31 pm
He would not if i had any say. i would fire him tonight! he does not deserve to finish the season. he flat out sucks as our head coach.

What difference does it make?

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

rhog1

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 11, 2017, 02:12:18 pm
Getting blown out and embarrassed every week is not fun for the players,fans or anyone.yet you folks have let this disgrace go on the last 2 years.i would fire coach B tonight if i had any say.we are getting destroyed in almost every game we play against power 5 teams over the last 2 years. it is unreal what is being accepted by the people in charge.it's flat out sickening!

It is time Joe. They need to let him finish the season he is a classy coach who is running the program the right way, but they need to announce that the Missouri game is his last game this week.

jgphillips3

Lord knows all coaches make bad decisions.  However, the sheer volume of inexplicable, inane, poorly conceived, terrible decisions by Bielema is mind boggling. 

pghawg1

if he was fired early we would know there would be someone new next year  gives us hope. Dragging it to end of year I worry if we won last game Long would keep him at 5-7.

forrest city joe

Quote from: rhames on November 11, 2017, 02:27:58 pm

What difference does it make?
You start the process 2 weeks early. you make it offical to coaches all around the country.and you give these young men a chance in their last 2 games. they have no chance with this man as head coach. he is flat out terrible.he needs to go now.and take Jeff Long with him.need a new coach and a new A.D.

hulk hog

Football is a train wreck and this has to end. But I do find it interesting that we put up with a terrible record against power 5 schools in basketball but won't stand for it in football.
paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....

3kgthog

Quote from: rhog1 on November 11, 2017, 02:28:20 pm
It is time Joe. They need to let him finish the season he is a classy coach who is running the program the right way, but they need to announce that the Missouri game is his last game this week.

There's not as much class there as you think.

idochog

I love Jesus!

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: pghawg1 on November 11, 2017, 02:33:14 pm
if he was fired early we would know there would be someone new next year  gives us hope. Dragging it to end of year I worry if we won last game Long would keep him at 5-7.

Bro he is done

Atlhogfan1

No reason to get worked up about his job.  This has been over. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

rhames

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 11, 2017, 02:33:32 pm
You start the process 2 weeks early. you make it offical to coaches all around the country.and you give these young men a chance in their last 2 games. they have no chance with this man as head coach. he is flat out terrible.he needs to go now.and take Jeff Long with him.need a new coach and a new A.D.

Yeah......ok

rzrbk4life

Yea he'll be gone in 2 weeks. Let him finish out the season then send him and JL packing
Let's call those hogs!!!!

forrest city joe

From what i have heard over these last 5 years,he is a nice man. a good guy. but he is a terrible head football coach.Nutt was better than this.this man needs to be gone tonight in my opinion. it's not about if i like him as a person or not.it's about the fact that this man has lost a ton of football games since coming here.

rhames

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on November 11, 2017, 02:37:29 pm
agree need to say he's gone after the MSU loss.     The Foundation needs some time to raise money for next year (seats/boxes sold, money for new coach, etc.)

Ummm becuse 2 weeks makes a difference?

carolinahogger

Quote from: 3kgthog on November 11, 2017, 02:33:44 pm

After he moves on we will get the real story.  I think that there is blatant hypocrisy in his 'uncommon' bull.  The players can see right through it and there is no way they buy in.

rhames

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on November 11, 2017, 02:43:25 pm
Yes, Mr Rhames.   It IS important.   No go back to shoe shine box.   

All my rags are dirty

When are 2018 donations due?

ricepig

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on November 11, 2017, 02:37:29 pm
agree need to say he's gone after the MSU loss.     The Foundation needs some time to raise money for next year (seats/boxes sold, money for new coach, etc.)

One week will make a difference??

The OTR

Joe if hogville could give an award for most bloodthirsty fan of all time i think you'd win that award walking away.

PissedPig

forrest city joe

Some of you are missing the point.looks like they are going to let him finish the season.i am saying in my opinion both he and Jeff Long should be gone this week.got to hire a new A.D. first.and let him hire the new coach.Jeff Long does not need to hire the new coach.

hoglady

Most aren't convinced he's gone.
Right now - you have a fan base that would probably crumble if he is retained.
So you have fans watching games going - I want our kids to win, but I want to make sure Bielema is gone. It's really strange feeling.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Calling All Hogs

The sad thing is that LSU did come out with a Bama hangover and was uninspired yet still beat us by 23.

rhames

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on November 11, 2017, 03:01:10 pm
Be surprised what a person can do in a week.   The fans will be excited and they'll fill the stands for one last look at BERT and his boy toy Mr. Anderson.   I'm sure the players would appreciate this also.   Its really a win-win for everyone.

Lol

moses_007

I called that play Brotha.  I said yesterday LSU would win by 24 points, and I was just a missed extra point shy of the Tigers meeting my prediction.

Now I'm going to say Mississippi State 38, Arkansas 17.

I agree that Long should announce right now that Bielema is gone after the Missouri game.  Just announce that his last day with the program is November 24th, and that a coaching search will be underway this week.

rhames

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 11, 2017, 03:00:37 pm
Some of you are missing the point.looks like they are going to let him finish the season.i am saying in my opinion both he and Jeff Long should be gone this week.got to hire a new A.D. first.and let him hire the new coach.Jeff Long does not need to hire the new coach.

If long were fired today we wouldn't have an AD for at least a month. Long is here for the foreseeable future and will be the "face" of the hire of the new football coach

I know it's easy to want blood now but we are just going to have to wait 14 days.

Dark Helmet Hog

I'm with FCJ. Just do it and end it now. It hurts to watch this mess.

Pecos Hog

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 11, 2017, 02:12:18 pm

Katy High down here in TX could have beat LSU today.    Looked like LSU was trying to keep it close.   

forrest city joe

Quote from: hoglady on November 11, 2017, 03:01:05 pm
Most aren't convinced he's gone.
Right now - you have a fan base that would probably crumble if he is retained.
So you have fans watching games going - I want our kids to win, but I want to make sure Bielema is gone. It's really strange feeling.

hoglady i know what you are saying.this man has got to go no matter what happens the rest of the season in my opinion.Arkansas is getting destroyed in almost every game.this man is worst than Nutt.Jeff Long can not be allowed to hire this new coach.

elksnort

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on November 11, 2017, 02:18:33 pm
Come out and make a statement saying he's done at the end of the year if that's the case. Give fans a reason to show up these last two weeks and cheer the kids on.
tusked has been saying this. It is a good idea.

hoglady

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 11, 2017, 03:12:04 pm
hoglady i know what you are saying.this man has got to go no matter what happens the rest of the season in my opinion.Arkansas is getting destroyed in almost every game.this man is worst than Nutt.Jeff Long can not be allowed to hire this new coach.

Well the next 2 weeks should be interesting.
Hope by the time the dust settles - Bielema and Long have both hit the door.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Pecos Hog

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 11, 2017, 03:00:37 pm

This time Jeffy won't have much of a say in the matter of our next coach will be.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: 3kgthog on November 11, 2017, 02:33:44 pm

Great substance in this post.
Quote from: carolinahogger on November 11, 2017, 02:41:33 pm
After he moves on we will get the real story.  I think that there is blatant hypocrisy in his 'uncommon' bull.  The players can see right through it and there is no way they buy in.

Great levels of substance here too.

I love these blanket presumptive posts with no insight as to how they arrived at their opinion.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

ricepig

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on November 11, 2017, 03:20:48 pm

I love these blanket presumptive posts with no insight as to how they arrived at their opinion.

Ditto!

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: hulk hog on November 11, 2017, 02:33:42 pm
Football is a train wreck and this has to end. But I do find it interesting that we put up with a terrible record against power 5 schools in basketball but won't stand for it in football.

We have a winning record in conference in I believe 4 of 6 mike Anderson's seasons with only one losing season I believe that was his first season.   So don't try and compare the 2. We at least have something to look forward to in basketball.  Football is just another joke season. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

forrest city joe

Quote from: hoglady on November 11, 2017, 03:18:00 pm
Well the next 2 weeks should be interesting.
Hope by the time the dust settles - Bielema and Long have both hit the door.
+1000. the only good thing is we will know what happens  in 2 weeks.

HogRockCafe

Firing Jeff Long fixes nothing.  That would just fan the flames of this dumpster fire. 

grumpyoldboar

Quote from: forrest city joe on November 11, 2017, 02:33:32 pm

What do you expect them to do, place a job opening ad in the newspaper?  Those initial contacts have likely already been made.

carolinahogger

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on November 11, 2017, 03:20:48 pm

Glad you enjoyed it.

HornetHog

Pros and Cons on letting go now vs at the end? 
It would definitely send the message to all interested coaches that an opening is here and real. It would allow possible candidate HCs to start speaking with their possible staffs. Or not....?
Just as smart as all the other smartarses on here

Mr. Porkleone

I'll keep saying it. I've not seen Razorback football this bad since the 1990's. TJ Hammonds 3 carries?  Wow! OL woes, coverage woes, conditioning woes. Fans deserve better. 2 more games and change will come. We must change our offense to more of a spread if we want to compete. We must get better athlete, we must get better coaches and our condition must improve.

lasthog

Classy? Playing favorites; throwing players and coaches under the bus; making a show of being a tough disciplinarian when in reality he metes out "justice" only to some, others slide.

I have been a strong supporter of the guy since day one, but I don't really care for the way he victimizes others.

And I wouldn't call a self-absorbed, arrogant, undisciplined bully classy.  But that's just me

PissedPig

Quote from: lasthog on November 11, 2017, 04:26:44 pm
Classy? Playing favorites; throwing players and coaches under the bus; making a show of being a tough disciplinarian when in reality he metes out "justice" only to some, others slide.

I have been a strong supporter of the guy since day one, but I don't really care for the way he victimizes others.

And I wouldn't call a self-absorbed, arrogant, undisciplined bully classy.  But that's just me

Please elaborate and give specific examples.