Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cole Kelley is very promising, BUT

Started by UA1985, November 11, 2017, 02:10:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

UA1985

he has got to work on his passing accuracy. His throws are all over the place. A big arm is useless if you can't control where the ball goes.

He's ahead on leadership, confidence, courage, etc. But he's behind in his throwing mechanics.

TNhawgfan

He, like all our players, need real coaches
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Atlhogfan1

Lot to improve.  But more upside than our last 3 long term starters.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

roothawg

Yes he does but at least he will throw it instead of getting sacked like someone else

Arthur pigby sellers.

Why didn't Nance even react on that last pass?  He just watched the ball sail over his head not making a play on it. A good receiver could have turned that throw into a touchdown

TheEnemy

Quote from: UA1985 on November 11, 2017, 02:10:50 pm
he has got to work on his passing accuracy. His throws are all over the place. A big arm is useless if you can't control where the ball goes.

He's ahead on leadership, confidence, courage, etc. But he's behind in his throwing mechanics.

All tall guys have this problem small problems with mechanics become bigger with taller guys.

Beaverfever

He's not a good enough passer to make up for how slow he is.  If you can't pick up first downs with your legs on a regular basis then you better be a fantastic passer and CK isn't.  The game has changed. Its been obvious for 10 years that your qb needed to be a running threat. 

TheEnemy

Quote from: Beaverfever on November 11, 2017, 02:19:09 pm
He's not a good enough passer to make up for how slow he is.  If you can't pick up first downs with your legs on a regular basis then you better be a fantastic passer and CK isn't.  The game has changed. Its been obvious for 10 years that your qb needed to be a running threat.

Completely disagree.

We can win with his arm and mobility....he just needs a better offensive philosophy, experience, and some polish on his mechanics.

Bubba's Bruisers

He's a project.  Needs better coaching and time to develop.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Monsterhog

While I like him, I am not sure he is the answer to the QB position to compete in this league.   

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

texas tush hog

Quote from: Monsterhog on November 11, 2017, 03:40:01 pm
While I like him, I am not sure he is the answer to the QB position to compete in this league.   

I personally love Cole Kelly, but when and if Connor Noland and Gerry Bohannon get to campus, will be hard for him to hold them off. Add Ty Evans to that mix and Cole will be busy.

The Hawg Marshal

He has promise , but he is a long way from ready.

HornetHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 11, 2017, 02:13:24 pm
Lot to improve.  But more upside than our last 3 long term starters.

Aint no way...he should have never been given a scholarship. plain and simple.  Too Much to have to work on and he'll never be able to move out of trouble from his size,... which puts the spotlight even brighter on Enos and BB.  That hell's going on here? What were they thinking....?  But what do I know? I'm just a pissed off fan
Just as smart as all the other smartarses on here

HornetHog

Quote from: Beaverfever on November 11, 2017, 02:19:09 pm
AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just as smart as all the other smartarses on here

Arky

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on November 11, 2017, 02:15:10 pm
Why didn't Nance even react on that last pass?  He just watched the ball sail over his head not making a play on it. A good receiver could have turned that throw into a touchdown
yep

Ex-Trumpet

It isn't fair to judge CK until he has had some coaching.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Arky

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 11, 2017, 04:20:29 pm
It isn't fair to judge CK until he has had some coaching.
and time to throw and someone to throw to and........

Hoggy Hogalot

I think Ty Storey should be given a shot in game action. What could it hurt at this point?

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Hoggy Hogalot on November 11, 2017, 04:25:31 pm
I think Ty Storey should be given a shot in game action. What could it hurt at this point?

It could hurt Ty Storey!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Etowah

Accuracy is an issue.  Not sure I have ever seen a QB improve accuracy...at least not significantly.

Leadbelly

Quote from: texas tush hog on November 11, 2017, 03:44:13 pm

I personally love Cole Kelly, but when and if Connor Noland and Gerry Bohannon get to campus, will be hard for him to hold them off. Add Ty Evans to that mix and Cole will be busy.

Who ever the powers that be are after the season they 1.) Fly to Memphis and hire Novell then 2.) drive him to Earle to sign Bohannon. Thad be a good start!
"I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man."

factchecker

Jack Lindsey is better than Storey

Hell, we might as well burn Daulton Hyatt's redshirt and get some looks out of him if that's the case.  Hyatt is a dual threat QB.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Soooie21

I agree, he needs to lose weigh, work on his footwork, etc...but all that is useless when you have people in your face before you can even set and find your target...

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: Monsterhog on November 11, 2017, 03:40:01 pm

He plays hard and has the right attitude, but if he's our future we're in trouble, IMO.

old_school_hawg

"I tried being reasonable. I didn't like it."-Clint Eastwood

"Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid." -John Wayne

old_school_hawg

I have nothing against Ty Storey, I think he is a great young man, BUT he would be great at Arkansas Tech. I'm not criticizing him, but have watched him play locally through Jr. And Sr. High...I was frankly surprised when the hogs offered him.

"I tried being reasonable. I didn't like it."-Clint Eastwood

"Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid." -John Wayne

SooieGeneris

Quote from: Etowah on November 11, 2017, 04:41:48 pm
Accuracy is an issue.  Not sure I have ever seen a QB improve accuracy...at least not significantly.

Terry Bradshaw completed less than 40% of his passes as a rookie with the Steelers. How did he get into the pro football HOF? He improved his accuracy..

Derek Carr completed slightly over 50%, maybe 55% as a rookie, now 3 years later is at 65%.

Clint Stoerner was well under 50% his first year as a starter. Mallett much the same. There are many examples that could be cited.

An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

factchecker

Quote from: SooieGeneris on November 11, 2017, 06:04:07 pm
Terry Bradshaw completed less than 40% of his passes as a rookie with the Steelers. How did he get into the pro football HOF? He improved his accuracy..

Derek Carr completed slightly over 50%, maybe 55% as a rookie, now 3 years later is at 65%.

Clint Stoerner was well under 50% his first year as a starter. Mallett much the same. There are many examples that could be cited.

Recent example:

Brandon Allen 2013:

128/258    49.6%    1552 yards    13 TDs    10 INTs

Brandon Allen 2015:

244/370    65.9%    3440 yards    30 TDs    8 INTs

Give a QB a halfway decent line and a receiver who can get open and you will see an increase in accuracy.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

WaltKowalski

songofthesword

are we watching the same QB lol?  you guys do realize he's a redeshirt freshman right?  who just played a team whoose entire secondary can start for NFL teams right now right?  whose two starting corners are both top 10 player 5 star recruits right?  Who also has the best pass rusher in college football going against a depleeted arkansas o line right?

we just played DBU and people are bitching about his accuracy lol

factchecker

Quote from: songofthesword on November 11, 2017, 06:10:27 pm
we just played DBU and people are bitching about his accuracy lol

The backup to the backup to the backup will always be the hero on hogville.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Leadbelly

Quote from: Etowah on November 11, 2017, 04:41:48 pm

:o HUH?? "Practice....it's practice, man. Jus practice"! Even Allen Iverson had the answer.!!'
"I do mind, the Dude minds. This will not stand, ya know, this aggression will not stand, man."

rzrbk4life

He's a true freshman playing in the toughest conference there is with a horrible o line. How about we have this conversation when he's a senior
Let's call those hogs!!!!

rude1

NO, kid could look good and that would piss off a pissed off fan base even more.