Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TJ?

Started by HOGMAN31, November 11, 2017, 01:58:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HOGMAN31

Did I miss something? 2 touches?

3kgthog

Poor player management reminiscent of Nutt not playing Jones and DMac vs Vandy.

For TJ's sake, he needs to transfer if by some punishment from God BB hangs on.

razorbackfaninar

They're trying to work him in, it's tough. He also got stepped on in practice 2 months ago. They are going to do. Better job of working him in going forward. He has to learn the playbook.

CDBHawg

Quote from: HOGMAN31 on November 11, 2017, 01:58:18 pm

You did. He has three touches.

Tigaman

Quote from: 3kgthog on November 11, 2017, 02:00:31 pm
Poor player management reminiscent of Nutt not playing Jones and DMac vs Vandy.

For TJ's sake, he needs to transfer if by some punishment from God BB hangs on.

Its worse. At least Nutt realized that he should play them. BB has yet to realize that.

From Tusk Till Dawn

3 touches no production, whaley had hot hand

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

EastTNHog

Quote from: CDBHawg on November 11, 2017, 02:01:43 pm
You did. He has three touches.
CBB punishing him for playing well last week.  He has it out for TJ.

HOGMAN31

We lose last last week if not for him. Makes you wonder how many talented players are not being played.

ballz2thewall

and we see wg bringing down passes today......
The rest of the frog.

Keyser Sooieze

I missed the first half and wondered same thing.

axharbor

Poor kid needs to transfer.

Atlhogfan1

Ineffective today.  Looked hesitant. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

HogPharmer

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 11, 2017, 02:04:53 pm
Ineffective today.  Looked hesitant.

Looked hesitant on the sidelines?
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Atlhogfan1

No effort by Nance.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

HOGMAN31

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: HogPharmer on November 11, 2017, 02:05:21 pm

Maybe.  Certainly on the field.

arkfan81

Quote from: HogPharmer on November 11, 2017, 02:05:21 pm

Well both 21 and 33 we're running the ball well.
Have faith...

rude1

You know the MO by now, guys who he hasn't played much makes some plays in limited duty, the response is to not play them much going forward to eliminate the questions on why X player hasn't been playing all along. Will Gragg is fitting this too, make a nice play, get rewarded with more bench time so the coach doesn't have to answer the question on why we haven't seen much of this player.

The NewEra

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 11, 2017, 02:06:10 pm
Maybe.  Certainly on the field.

You don't give a kid only three touches and then decide he's having a bad day.  This staff is consistent if nothing else.  Promise one thing and deliver another.

Hog-Corleone

Quote from: rude1 on November 11, 2017, 02:10:17 pm
You know the MO by now, guys who he hasn't played much makes some plays in limited duty, the response is to not play them much going forward to eliminate the questions on why X player hasn't been playing all along. Will Gragg is fitting this too, make a nice play, get rewarded with more bench time so the coach doesn't have to answer the question on why we haven't seen much of this player.

O'Grady at home, Cantrell gets banged up, so Gragg gets a chance to show why he should be playing over Cantrell every game.
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

HOGMAN31

Quote from: arkfan81 on November 11, 2017, 02:10:12 pm
I agee, but Hammonds should touch the ball atleast 8 times per game. He is the most explosive player on the team.

rude1

Quote from: arkfan81 on November 11, 2017, 02:10:12 pm
Both decent plow horses, neither is a threat to really break one the distance, hence the difference between TJ running through a hole and those guys.

HogPharmer

Quote from: The NewEra on November 11, 2017, 02:10:38 pm
You don't give a kid only three touches and then decide he's having a bad day.  This staff is consistent if nothing else.  Promise one thing and deliver another.

hawgdavis

Made too many good plays last week. Needs to rest this week.
Same with Gragg , he plays too well when he is in the game and that's contrary to what Bret says about him so he can only see the field a couple plays a game and hopefully not make any real big plays.

arkfan81

Quote from: HOGMAN31 on November 11, 2017, 02:13:23 pm
I agee, but Hammonds should touch the ball atleast 8 times per game. He is the most explosive player on the team.

Without an oline giving you time, nothing else matters..
Have faith...

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hawgdavis on November 11, 2017, 02:17:16 pm
Made too many good plays last week. Needs to rest this week.
Same with Gragg , he plays too well when he is in the game and that's contrary to what Bret says about him so he can only see the field a couple plays a game and hopefully not make any real big plays.

LSU D a little faster than CC.  TJ not effective as a RB today.  But they should find ways to move him around more. 

twistitup

Player managment piss poor
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

forrest city joe

It was a in your face to media and fans who had the gall to question him on why T>J. has been on the bench most of the year. nobody should every question him.

gangstaback

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 11, 2017, 02:05:46 pm
No effort by Nance.

I didn't see much of him except he kind of gave-up on that long play our tight end made. If he had continued and made the block, it was looking like a TD. But I also didn't pay much attention after the 3rd quarter so I may be wrong.

I agree, scandalous.

Tusks

You don't need no explosions when you're playing to keep it under 30.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

clutch

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 11, 2017, 02:18:45 pm
LSU D a little faster than CC.  TJ not effective as a RB today.  But they should find ways to move him around more. 

You've got to find ways to get your most explosive player the ball effectively. If a teams fast, you don't want your fastest guys sitting around watching. You need the ability to draw something up to get them the ball in space.

forrest city joe

Quote from: tusked on November 11, 2017, 02:24:24 pm
You don't need no explosions when you're playing to keep it under 30.
Lsu missed a short FG.and the missed 3 or 4,extra points.and they still won by over 3 touchdowns.another blowout!it's just pitiful and sad that the program is this bad.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: clutch on November 11, 2017, 02:25:16 pm
You've got to find ways to get your most explosive player the ball effectively. If a teams fast, you don't want your fastest guys sitting around watching. You need the ability to draw something up to get them the ball in space.

Agreed. Why I said move him around in games like this.

WilsonHog

Bielema's answer:

"Reggie Mitchell came up to me during the game and said he thought the 2 older backs were playing better."

Ascertained that in three touches, I guess.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 11, 2017, 02:31:22 pm
Bielema's answer:

"Reggie Mitchell came up to me during the game and said he thought the 2 older backs were playing better."

True when it came to RB today.

Move TJ to slot and get him the ball? 

WilsonHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 11, 2017, 02:33:21 pm

I don't care where they line him up; just get the most explosive player in your arsenal 15 touches a game.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 11, 2017, 02:37:00 pm
I don't care where they line him up; just get the most explosive player in your arsenal 15 touches a game.

For 15 not at RB you have to have a qb capable of delivering. 

rzrbk4life

The misuse of TJ has been the most frustrating thing to me this season. He is clearly our most explosive player but for whatever reason CBB does not use him like we should
Let's call those hogs!!!!

McBain

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 11, 2017, 02:33:21 pm

They gave him three touches.  He's the only one with the ability to break off a big play. Keep giving him the ball until he does.

It seems like if TJ doesn't break off a 60 yard play in his first run or two, he just doesn't play any more.

azhog10

Bielema's answer:

Get him the ball on space. They got it to Warren pence or twice. Could do the same for Hammonds.

HogPharmer

Quote from: McBain on November 11, 2017, 02:41:55 pm
They gave him three touches.  He's the only one with the ability to break off a big play. Keep giving him the ball until he does.

It seems like if TJ doesn't break off a 60 yard play in his first run or two, he just doesn't play any more.

And if he does break off a 60 yard play in his first run or two, he still doesn't play anymore.

Atlhogfan1

Against TCU Hayden tried bouncing a couple of runs like he had against FAMU and they were poor decisions.  He didn't see many touches after that.  TJ did it on his first run today.   I suspect Mitchell wasn't too happy.  Then he was hesitant on his next run.  Not saying he shouldn't have gotten touches other ways.

Letsroll1200

Bielema's answer:

Why wouldn't he take accountability for this? Reggie is not the head coach.

26.2Hog

Good grief, why is this so hard for them to understand?

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: McBain on November 11, 2017, 02:41:55 pm

Tried once or twice more.

arkfan81

Quote from: 26.2Hog on November 11, 2017, 02:45:00 pm
Good grief, why is this so hard for them to understand?

Only two more games..
Have faith...

TebowHater

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on November 11, 2017, 02:44:13 pm
Why wouldn't he take accountability for this? Reggie is not the head coach.

Only takes accountability when it works. Like last week - "I told him to put TJ in"

When we don't play him, blames others

HogPharmer

Benching TJ bc of "hesitancy" on 3 touches is like benching Shaq for missing free throws

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: HogPharmer on November 11, 2017, 02:49:33 pm
Benching TJ bc of "hesitancy" on 3 touches is like benching Shaq for missing free throws

Shaq was still by far best option at center. Couldn't move him to guard or f and get him touches.