Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why does everybody think..............

Started by BumpieJohnson, June 08, 2007, 11:04:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

toshortrock

fellows fellows,man there;s going to b alot of u mad after this game,alabam will knock us off,and u guys will be calling each other names again,
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

blue

Looks like another even game to me. We were a 1 point fav at home last year. We will get 3- this year. I think it comes down to coaching, Saban will beat us with his, or he could beat them with ours.

hawaiianhogster

I think Alabama will be better than last year and more prepaired for our running tandem. We don't know what they will be running on offense or defense do we? Any way Sabin will have excellent assistants helping him get those boys ready. They owe us for last years debacle. Remember they should have won and could have won the game fair and square if not for the kicker. I bet that doesn't happen again. I bet they get enough touchdowns where they don't have to kick a three pointer to win.

lilredheadedlady

Quote from: abostian on June 08, 2007, 11:18:58 am
Quote from: 311Hog on June 08, 2007, 11:12:40 am
Quote from: BumpieJohnson on June 08, 2007, 11:04:29 am
Alabama is going to beat us this year? Nick Sabin is not out on the field of play throwing, running, catching, or tackling anyone he dose not even have his own recruiting class in yet. Just tell me why some people think we are going to lose.

Here are my reasons:

1. It took the single ugliest break down i have ever witnessed by a kicker to beat them last year
2. They pretty much sit a fire to our secondary, and if Shula wasnt such a moron he would have thrown it on every down.
3. 2 overtimes and a miracle play by Cleveland and Mustain to win it.

And this was all at home, we are playing them on the road, early in the season.   Also they didnt have Prothro last year against us, and i think he will be healthy this year.

Exactly.  Whether Shula lost it for them last year, or Mustain won it for us in OT, both of those folks are out of the picture this year.  We can't expect those gifts this year.

Don't you remember the quote a couple of years ago when the AL defender said "Coach told us to watch their first five plays... that would be all Arkansas would use all game, and you know what? Coach was right."  How embarrassing!!  That's what we can look forward to my friends, with the glorious return to NUTTBALL.

This is sadly true.

We have some amazing talent in Dmac and Felix, but we have no passing game, a mediocre QB, and our special teams...well we know the name of that tune.

Top that off with the fact that Nutt is FAR from an innovative coaching mind and you come up with a rough year.

I think it'll be typical Arkansas ball.  We'll win most of the cupcakes (which there are a lot of on the schedule) and we'll lose to all the good teams except for maybe one.

I'm just praying Dmac can stay healthy because you know the opposing team is going to be gunning for him.
I love our Arkansas Razorback players! WPS!

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: Coondog Hog on June 08, 2007, 11:10:56 am
They are assuming Alabama is improving while we are not.  I say Hogs win big this year.  You have never seen a team with a chip on their shoulder like this one will have.

LMAO.  Prepare to kick your TV.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Hogtide

Quote from: 311Hog on June 08, 2007, 03:18:18 pm
Quote from: Porkerpower on June 08, 2007, 03:17:19 pm
They are assuming Alabama is improving while we are not.  I say Hogs win big this year.  You have never seen a team with a chip on their shoulder like this one will have.
[/quotYou don't think Alabama will have extra incentive against us this coming year?  After losing a game they should have won at our place last year?

Now they've got the most excitement they've had in their program since the "Bear" retired, thanks to Nick Sabin. 

They play us IN REVENGE.

AT BAMA, in front of a packed frenzied crowd.  Common sense says take the Tide and give up the points.

I am telling you guys Prothro will be key, that kid is a talent if he plays like he use to him and DJ Hall are a serious duo. 

LOL.  Everytime I read something of yours I wonder if you know what the hell you are talking about.  Now I know you don't.  Tyrone Prothro won't play football this year and probably will never play again.

momahog

Bumpie, I'll tell you why, we still have Hustin "text messages" "I never do anything
wrong" I'm an offensive genus" Nutt is still standing on our sidelines chewin those nasty nails and generally looking and coaching DUMB & that's why we lose to our historical "betters" in September down there!!!!!!!!!!! Got it?

NuttinItUp

Alabama is going to beat us this year? Nick Sabin is not out on the field of play throwing, running, catching, or tackling anyone he dose not even have his own recruiting class in yet. Just tell me why some people think we are going to lose.
Frick Bama. We can beat anyone with the lineup we have this year.

lilredheadedlady

Quote from: NuttinItUp on June 09, 2007, 05:21:38 am
Frick Bama. We can beat anyone with the lineup we have this year.

With a different coach, perhaps.  But Nutt will goof it up, never fear.
I love our Arkansas Razorback players! WPS!

Louis-Hogfan

The TOP arguement would hold true with most other teams.  However, every game that we lost last year, we won the time of possession.  In every game but 1 that we won last year (and I think that was against one of the easy ones) we lost the time of possession. 

In fact, it has been that way with Nutt for a long time.  So, if history is to repeat, as it often does with Nuttball, then we need to lose time of possession, and try to win the game instead.

PIGINAPOKE

It is not Bama beating us that has anyone worried. It is Dales Pop Warner playbook that will falter once again vrs a good team in the SEC.
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

Doug

Why "dose" everyone misspell "does"?  Pffffffft
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

DEVIL DOG HOG

"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

razorhog29

John Parker Wilson is going to light us up.

razorbass

I think our new kicker will be a factor in the game, I know he is going to be a true Freshman but you just don't hear of high school kids kicking 55 yard field goals without a tee!! ;)

biggiepiggie

We could easily have lost to them up here last year.  If Casey had been
the quarterback we would have.  They outgained us 2 to 1.

MuskogeeHogFan

June 11, 2007, 03:40:40 pm #66 Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 03:49:32 pm by MuskogeeHogFan

Here is why Bama has their way with us this year at their house.
                                                                                           Advantage To:
Home Field Advantage:                                                                  Bama

Revenge Factor:                                                                           Bama

QB's:  John Parker Wilson 216-379(57%) 2,707 yds, 17 TD-10 INT         Bama
         Casey Dick           65-132(49.2%) 991 yds, 9 TD, 6 INT

RB's:  No need to discuss this.                                                        Hogs

O-Line:
Alabama: 9 of the 10 in the two deep return including all 5 starters.      Bama
Arkansas: Return 1 full time starter and 2 others that played regularly
              with the balance having less than 6 games experience.

Receivers:
Alabama: Deep and fast, supposed to be their best group in years.        Even
Arkansas: Monk returns along with Cleveland, Nutt expects big things
              out of newcomers like Rees, Penix, Miller and Wade. They
              say it is the best group in years at Arkansas.

D-Line:
Alabama: Experienced group(2 deep) changing from 4-3 to 3-4.            Even
Arkansas: 3 returning with 10 games experience, should be tough.

LB's:
Alabama: With the new 3-4, they have 5 LB's returning with                 Bama
             starting experience. More experienced and tough.
Arkansas: Two LB's return with 8 or more games experience
              with some quality back ups that onyl need experience.

Secondary:
Alabama: Two full time starters return and 5 others with starting          Bama
             experience. They expect to be very good.
Arkansas: Six players return with some type of starting experience
              but overall, are less experienced than last year with two
              major losses in Randy Kelly and Chris Houston.

Kicking Game:
Alabama: Theirs sucked when they played us, giving us the game,         Bama
              but they improved as the season went along and are
              considered to have a good kicking game now.
Arkansas: Ours sucked as well last year, but there are hopes with
              the arrival of the Freshmen, Tejada..yet to be seen though.

Coaches:
Alabama: Saban is Saban and has a great young OC in Major                   Bama
             Applewhite with Keving Steele as the DC.
Arkansas: Nutt is Nutt and has a new OC who has been running
              film for the Dallas Cowboys of late. Reggie Herring
              remains one of the best DC's in the SEC.

Net Overall Advantages............................................................... Bama 8 to 1
Alabama wins this game at Alabama on 9-15-07.
Go Hogs Go!

kgr

Here are my reasons:

1. It took the single ugliest break down i have ever witnessed by a kicker to beat them last year
2. They pretty much set a fire to our secondary, and if Shula wasnt such a moron he would have thrown it on every down.

And this was all at home, we are playing them on the road, early in the season.   Also they didnt have Prothro last year against us, and i think he will be healthy this year.
[/quote]

what he said.

cosmodrum

Quote from: BartIV on June 08, 2007, 11:18:11 am
Quote from: Coondog Hog on June 08, 2007, 11:16:12 am
Quote from: Landonhog on June 08, 2007, 11:11:13 am
I guess everyone thinks we'll lose because the have an admittedly terrible DL and we have a really good running game....

Wait a minute...   ???

Seriously though, this game will be decided by our secondary.  We'll move the ball with some degree of ease, but if they score faster with the pass we could be in trouble.  The have DJ Hall and Keith Brown coming back, with JPW getting better by the minute.   It will no doubt be a tough game, but very winnable.   

I think if we make it out of Tuscy with a win, the sky's the limit for the rest of the year!   :razorback:

I hate to say it, and I know the smites will come for it, but we are going to have to eat up the clock and control TOP if we struggle passing the ball that day.
You can only run so many times before they figure you out.  It has to be 50/50 on both sides, passing and running.

To be clear, it doesn't have to be 50/50 in terms of attempts. It does have to be equally efficient, and therein lies the booger.
Go away, batin'

cosmodrum

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 11, 2007, 03:40:40 pm

Advantage To:
Home Field Advantage:                                                                  Bama

Revenge Factor:                                                                           Bama

RB's:  No need to discuss this.                                                        Hogs

O-Line:

Receivers:

D-Line:

LB's:

Secondary:

Kicking Game:

Coaches:
Alabama: Saban is Saban and has a great young OC in Major                   Bama
             Applewhite with Keving Steeke as the DC.

Net Overall Adavantages............................................................... Bama 8 to 1

Wow. I had not idea Major Applewhite was their OC. Interesting.
Go away, batin'

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: cosmodrum on June 11, 2007, 03:47:02 pm
Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 11, 2007, 03:40:40 pm

Advantage To:

O-Line:

Receivers:

D-Line:

LB's:

Secondary:

Kicking Game:

Coaches:
             Applewhite with Keving Steeke as the DC.

Net Overall Adavantages............................................................... Bama 8 to 1

Wow. I had not idea Major Applewhite was their OC. Interesting.

He was Rice's OC last year where they ran.........you guessed it, the HUNH-Spread. Now it gets even MORE interesting. An entire O-Line back with great receivers and a QB that can throw against a depleted secondary like we have? I say, look out.
Go Hogs Go!

wayneslane

Alabama will be much more improved this year. Coaching makes a much larger difference than some people try to claim. Alabama unfortunetly will beat us. I hope not but I think they will. I just hope the wheels don't fall off of it becuase of that.

LRHog46

Here are my reasons:

2. They pretty much set a fire to our secondary, and if Shula wasnt such a moron he would have thrown it on every down.

If Mustain hadnt played so poorly throughout that entire game, we would have won that game with ease. Lucky for him..and I guess us, he covered his butt with 1 good throw.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: LRHog46 on June 11, 2007, 04:12:00 pm

Here are my reasons:

If Mustain hadnt played so poorly throughout that entire game, we would have won that game with ease. Lucky for him..and I guess us, he covered his butt with 1 good throw.

But what about this coming year?
Go Hogs Go!

LRHog46

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 11, 2007, 04:22:14 pm
Quote from: LRHog46 on June 11, 2007, 04:12:00 pm

Here are my reasons:

But what about this coming year?
This year, I think our we have more talent on our team than Bama, so I think we will win.

razorbass

Quote from: HeathWimp on June 08, 2007, 07:46:56 pm
1.  Vastly superioer Coach.
2.  Home field advantage.
3.  Revenge factor.
4.  11 men in the box will slow down our Cro-Magnon offense.
5.  John Parker Wilson is a good quarterback, and is getting better.  Dick has regressed.
How many times have we won on their home field?

TheNuttlessFrontier

QuoteMonk returns along with Cleveland, Nutt expects big things out of newcomers like Rees, Penix, Miller and Wade. They say it is the best group in years at Arkansas.

Doesn't he need to utilize his receivers in order to "expect big things" out of them?

Torqued pork

June 11, 2007, 04:43:20 pm #77 Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 05:37:50 pm by Bubbaswinestein
Herring's defenses always seem to struggle early in the year, but so does Bama's offense. Arkansas' passing game is usually semi-decent early in the season but regresses to Pop Warner League status by late in the season.

Hogs 27
Tide 24

HogNuttz

Here is the reasons I think Bama will win:

1) Most of the experts (not Franks) think Bama will be much improved, not so much for us.
2) Most of the experts thought such BEFORE they hired Saban.
3) They can pass, we can't
4) They torched our secondary last year and we lost a high second round CB
5) Under Herring, our D has been bad until we play at least two non-cupcake games.
6) We lost Anderson, Houston, Jackson, and Sam O on defense as well as 2 good O-Linemen.
7) And last but not least, we have Nutt.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

akp4105

we may not lose, because we have some talent on the field..but they have talent on the field, and a very talented coach

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: akp4105 on June 11, 2007, 05:01:21 pm
we may not lose, because we have some talent on the field..but they have talent on the field, and a very talented coach

This is going to wind up being one of those games that we are all mad about when it is over. We'll have a chance and we will blow it. It is tough enough to beat Bama, but to have to do it down there, is going to make it harder than we wish it were. They are going to be "loaded" and waiting, with revenge on their minds. They brought in a new OC(Applewhite) who ran the HUNH last year and with the receivers they have back and 9 out of 10 in their two deep in the O-Line, I suspect that are going to throw the ball effectively, and that means nothign but trouble for us. Herring may be a good DC, but he isn't a miracle worker. Bama by 10 points.
Go Hogs Go!

Choctaw Hog

Because Houston Nutt is on our sidelines (see Nutt's SEC record for reference) and history is a very good predictor of the future.  It's no more complicated than that.  A better question, given Nutt's SEC history, is why do you think we will beat Alabama and what do you base it on?   

Choctaw Hog

Chips don't win games, execution does (see Nutt's SEC record for more detail).  I'll let his SEC record speak for itself.