Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why does everybody think..............

Started by BumpieJohnson, June 08, 2007, 11:04:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BumpieJohnson

June 08, 2007, 11:04:29 am Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 03:42:47 pm by kgr
Alabama is going to beat us this year? Nick Sabin is not out on the field of play throwing, running, catching, or tackling anyone he dose not even have his own recruiting class in yet. Just tell me why some people think we are going to lose.

Coondog Hog

They are assuming Alabama is improving while we are not.  I say Hogs win big this year.  You have never seen a team with a chip on their shoulder like this one will have.
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

Landonhog

June 08, 2007, 11:11:13 am #2 Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 11:17:54 am by Landonhog
I guess everyone thinks we'll lose because they have an admittedly terrible DL and we have a really good running game....

Wait a minute...   ???

Seriously though, this game will be decided by our secondary.  We'll move the ball with some degree of ease, but if they score faster with the pass we could be in trouble.  The have DJ Hall and Keith Brown coming back, with JPW getting better by the minute.   It will no doubt be a tough game, but very winnable.   

I think if we make it out of Tuscy with a win, the sky's the limit for the rest of the year!   :razorback:

311Hog

Quote from: BumpieJohnson on June 08, 2007, 11:04:29 am
Alabama is going to beat us this year? Nick Sabin is not out on the field of play throwing, running, catching, or tackling anyone he dose not even have his own recruiting class in yet. Just tell me why some people think we are going to lose.

Here are my reasons:

1. It took the single ugliest break down i have ever witnessed by a kicker to beat them last year
2. They pretty much set a fire to our secondary, and if Shula wasnt such a moron he would have thrown it on every down.
3. 2 overtimes and a miracle play by Cleveland and Mustain to win it.

And this was all at home, we are playing them on the road, early in the season.   Also they didnt have Prothro last year against us, and i think he will be healthy this year.

casken

I don't.  "If" we can get decent QB play, at this point I think we'll be able to play with anyone on our schedule.

WPS :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

BumpieJohnson

Great post men now I am get a little more insite thanks

rzrbckfan426

Its simple.  They almost beat us last year (that strong gust from GOD).  And their team has done nothing but improve.  They didn't lose any key components (darby was really nothing last year) and they added a 5* coach with a defensive mind (read 9 in the box).  I think that our amazing tandem at RB with keep us close and maybe Tejada can knock a few through (if we let him.)  Its gonna be a good game but all the signs point towards a Tide victory, but I'll be cheering for the hogs all the way.

BartIV

Houston Nutt came to Arkansas his first year and lite it up with a 9-3 record.  Alabama has tradition, recruits and now Saban, who will light it up as well.  I see arkansas losing this one. No QB.

007 License To Squeal

Simple..... Nutt can coach with the "Big Boys", IMO.  He has been out coached too many times in the past ( LSU, for example).
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Coondog Hog

Quote from: Landonhog on June 08, 2007, 11:11:13 am
I guess everyone thinks we'll lose because the have an admittedly terrible DL and we have a really good running game....

Wait a minute...   ???

Seriously though, this game will be decided by our secondary.  We'll move the ball with some degree of ease, but if they score faster with the pass we could be in trouble.  The have DJ Hall and Keith Brown coming back, with JPW getting better by the minute.   It will no doubt be a tough game, but very winnable.   

I think if we make it out of Tuscy with a win, the sky's the limit for the rest of the year!   :razorback:

I hate to say it, and I know the smites will come for it, but we are going to have to eat up the clock and control TOP if we struggle passing the ball that day.
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

BartIV

Quote from: Coondog Hog on June 08, 2007, 11:16:12 am
I guess everyone thinks we'll lose because the have an admittedly terrible DL and we have a really good running game....

Wait a minute...   ???

I think if we make it out of Tuscy with a win, the sky's the limit for the rest of the year!   :razorback:

I hate to say it, and I know the smites will come for it, but we are going to have to eat up the clock and control TOP if we struggle passing the ball that day.
You can only run so many times before they figure you out.  It has to be 50/50 on both sides, passing and running.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: 311Hog on June 08, 2007, 11:12:40 am

Here are my reasons:

1. It took the single ugliest break down i have ever witnessed by a kicker to beat them last year
2. They pretty much sit a fire to our secondary, and if Shula wasnt such a moron he would have thrown it on every down.

And this was all at home, we are playing them on the road, early in the season.   Also they didnt have Prothro last year against us, and i think he will be healthy this year.

Exactly.  Whether Shula lost it for them last year, or Mustain won it for us in OT, both of those folks are out of the picture this year.  We can't expect those gifts this year.

Don't you remember the quote a couple of years ago when the AL defender said "Coach told us to watch their first five plays... that would be all Arkansas would use all game, and you know what? Coach was right."  How embarrassing!!  That's what we can look forward to my friends, with the glorious return to NUTTBALL.

PennHOG

The player that nearly lost the game and eventually won the game will not be playing.  The dynamics will be different.  Joe Kline was successfully confusing MM.  I'm hoping Casey Dick will be able to make better decisions and be less of a scheming victim.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

rzrbckfan426

Wait a minute...   ???

Why would anyone smite you for that??  It's the truth.  If we want to beat ANY of the bigger SEC teams we WILL HAVE TO WIN THE T.O.P BATTLE.  We simply will not have to offense to compete in a 40-36 ball game.  If we put up that many points its b/c we controlled the clock and ran for 400 yds

311Hog

Quote from: rzrbckfan426 on June 08, 2007, 11:26:26 am

Wait a minute...   ???

Why would anyone smite you for that??  It's the truth.  If we want to beat ANY of the bigger SEC teams we WILL HAVE TO WIN THE T.O.P BATTLE.  We simply will not have to offense to compete in a 40-36 ball game.  If we put up that many points its b/c we controlled the clock and ran for 400 yds

To expound on this point, not only will we have to win the TOP battle, we cant:

1. turn the ball over (give up easy scores lose field position battle)
2. Commit stupid penalties (3rd in long and or keep their drives alive)

Break & Run

I guess everyone thinks we'll lose because they have an admittedly terrible DL and we have a really good running game....

Wait a minute...   ???

I think if we make it out of Tuscy with a win, the sky's the limit for the rest of the year!   :razorback:

PLUS, the game's on ESPN, you think GameDay is going to be there??? j/w what you all think...
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Landonhog

Quote from: 311Hog on June 08, 2007, 11:28:00 am

Wait a minute...   ???

Yep.

Which gave Bama their big score last year...  (I think we discussed this one on another thread)  We had the PF on 3rd down, that player was benched; and a play or two later they threw the bomb on our replacement player... 

:puke:

We had 3 INTs last year, I don't remember any fumbles on our part.  We did however get the scoop and score by Randy Kelly...

TulsaHogFan

Watch the first 5 plays?  Hell USC lineman were calling our plays from the line of scrimmage both times we played them.

Stella

They should have beaten us on our field last year.  This year, they are at home and have a better coach and several key players back.  Logic says they win this year. 

311Hog

Quote from: Landonhog on June 08, 2007, 11:47:58 am

Wait a minute...   ???

Yep.

Which gave Bama their big score last year...  (I think we discussed this one on another thread)  We had the PF on 3rd down, that player was benched; and a play or two later they threw the bomb on our replacement player... 

We had 3 INTs last year, I don't remember any fumbles on our part.  We did however get the scoop and score by Randy Kelly...

That play by Randy Kelly was our first turnover of the year, and what game number was that?

Stella

Quote from: abostian on June 08, 2007, 11:18:58 am
Quote from: 311Hog on June 08, 2007, 11:12:40 am

Here are my reasons:

2. They pretty much sit a fire to our secondary, and if Shula wasnt such a moron he would have thrown it on every down.

And this was all at home, we are playing them on the road, early in the season.   Also they didnt have Prothro last year against us, and i think he will be healthy this year.

Exactly.  Whether Shula lost it for them last year, or Mustain won it for us in OT, both of those folks are out of the picture this year.  We can't expect those gifts this year.

Don't you remember the quote a couple of years ago when the AL defender said "Coach told us to watch their first five plays... that would be all Arkansas would use all game, and you know what? Coach was right."  How embarrassing!!  That's what we can look forward to my friends, with the glorious return to NUTTBALL.

No more Nuttball!  I veto Nuttball - I want a legitimate passing game so we can compete.  It's not that hard!  I can't handle anymore Nuttball!  Sorry for the rant, I feel very strongly.....

hog_heaven_2000

The key to this game will be our defense as a whole and the secondary in particular. After two seasons of Herring running the defense, I've seen an obvious pattern emerge. The defense sucks early in the season, especially the secondary, and then gets much better as the season goes on. Bama is our first conference opponent. They will pass on us at will. This is why I predict a Tide win.
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

Stella

Wait a minute...   ???

Who recruited these offensive players who can't compete in a shootout.  How pathetic is that.  If we had a real offense with a legitimate passing threat, we could compete with anyone and not have to win the TOP.  That is just pathetic, but I guess it is all that Broyles "experts" are familiar with!

TheNuttlessFrontier

The reason I think we'll lose to Alabama isn't only Nick Saban.  If you'll recall, it took overtime for us to beat this team last year in our own backyard.  John Parker Wilson is one of the most under-appreciated QB's in the SEC and he was ripping our defense a new one last year.  Fortunately for us, Mike Shula didn't put the game on his (Parker's) shoulders or we would have lost.

This year we travel to Tuscaloosa in what will be the conference opener for both teams on primetime ESPN.  Bama is going to bring a lot of emotion to that game and if we don't match that emotion we'll get embarrassed.  Trust me...Nick Saban won't coach himself out of a win like Mike Shula did. 

We've never played a complete football game at Tuscaloosa and this game, along with the LSU game, is the scariest one on our schedule.

island hog

I thought that Alabama played Vandy the week before. 

Landonhog

Quote from: island hog on June 08, 2007, 12:03:51 pm

They do, and we have any extra week to prepare after Troy...

cbjagman

Personally I'm not saying we won't win. However, I'm also realistic enough to believe that a Saban coached team will always be dangerous and I promise you that NS will get the most out of the talent he has.  IMO 'Bama is not a championship caliber team this season; however, if just about anyone takes them lightly or overlooks the Tide this season I would say that team might very well leave their game with a "L" on their season record.

TheNuttlessFrontier

Quote from: island hog on June 08, 2007, 12:03:51 pm

That's my fault.  I meant the first televised game for each team.

King-Tusk

It's going to be a tough game, that's for sure.  Bama will be fired up in front of a HUGE home crowd.  They'll be motivated to not lose like they did last year.  They also should have a much improved QB in John Parker Wilson.  I don't even have to stress the coaching match-up. 

We have a shot at winning this game, but the Hogs better have the offense hitting on all 8 cylinders and the defense has to stop them early.  Unfortunately, I think Bama wins it at home, but by a single digit margin.
"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

Break & Run

Quote from: hog_heaven_2000 on June 08, 2007, 11:59:19 am
The key to this game will be our defense as a whole and the secondary in particular. After two seasons of Herring running the defense, I've seen an obvious pattern emerge. The defense sucks early in the season, especially the secondary, and then gets much better as the season goes on. Bama is our first conference opponent. They will pass on us at will. This is why I predict a Tide win.

How can the key to the game be the defense as a whole but it be about the 2nd-dary in particular? That just doesn't make any sense! ;)
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

AlcoHOGic

We will be the start to one of the ugliest month's in Alabama football history. Losses to the Hogs, Noles, and Dawgs in Sept. will have the Bummers ripping out their Mullets and I can't wait.

DCHawg

Alabama is going to beat us this year?

Everyone does not.  I think we win this in spite of the coaching turmoil.  In fact this team will surprise many of those hoping for a terrible season.

Silver Hog

Quote from: PennHOG on June 08, 2007, 11:19:52 am
The player that nearly lost the game and eventually won the game will not be playing.  The dynamics will be different.  Joe Kline was successfully confusing MM.  I'm hoping Casey Dick will be able to make better decisions and be less of a scheming victim.

yeah those basketball players come at you so fast they just mess you up!

Silver Hog

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on June 08, 2007, 11:49:10 am
Watch the first 5 plays?  Hell USC lineman were calling our plays from the line of scrimmage both times we played them.

Until Mitch took the field...

Landonhog

Quote from: 311Hog on June 08, 2007, 11:52:22 am
Quote from: Landonhog on June 08, 2007, 11:47:58 am

Wait a minute...   ???

Yep.

That play by Randy Kelly was our first turnover of the year, and what game number was that?

Ha!  You always find a way...  That's talent!  An annoying talent, but a talent none the less...

Landonhog

Quote from: swisshog on June 08, 2007, 01:09:05 pm

You're making me nervous for Mitch...  Is he going to have to get a restraining order?

King-Tusk

Quote from: DCHawg on June 08, 2007, 01:05:02 pm
Alabama is going to beat us this year?

Everyone does not.  I think we win this in spite of the coaching turmoil.  In fact this team will surprise many of those hoping for a terrible season.

I hope the team does(not dose) surprise a lot of people this year.  Personally, I think if we lose to Alabama it will energize our guys to come home to Fayetteville and upset Kentucky.  The emotional boost from that win will propel us to huge victories over the next two powerhouse teams, North Texas and UT-Chattanooga.
"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: Landonhog on June 08, 2007, 01:13:06 pm

You're making me nervous for Mitch...  Is he going to have to get a restraining order?

Restraining order??  OHHH Your useing the worn out, "you said Mitch, must be a stalker and be obsessed" bull crap. Damn i swear some of you people need to relax.  So a guy brought up Mitch.  Who cares?  He is actually right.  They didn't call the plays when he was in.  So what?

Landonhog

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on June 08, 2007, 01:37:10 pm

Restraining order??  OHHH Your useing the worn out, "you said Mitch, must be a stalker and be obsessed" bull crap. Damn i swear some of you people need to relax.  So a guy brought up Mitch.  Who cares?  He is actually right.  They didn't call the plays when he was in.  So what?

swisshog
Hogvillian

[applaud] / [smite]

Go Gus, Go Tulsa! Go Mitch GO USC!      ??  No Hogs = Fair Game. 

Porkerpower

Quote from: Coondog Hog on June 08, 2007, 11:10:56 am
They are assuming Alabama is improving while we are not.  I say Hogs win big this year.  You have never seen a team with a chip on their shoulder like this one will have.

You don't think Alabama will have extra incentive against us this coming year?  After losing a game they should have won at our place last year?

Now they've got the most excitement they've had in their program since the "Bear" retired, thanks to Nick Sabin. 

They play us IN REVENGE.

AT BAMA, in front of a packed frenzied crowd.  Common sense says take the Tide and give up the points.

311Hog

Quote from: Porkerpower on June 08, 2007, 03:17:19 pm
Quote from: Coondog Hog on June 08, 2007, 11:10:56 am

You don't think Alabama will have extra incentive against us this coming year?  After losing a game they should have won at our place last year?

Now they've got the most excitement they've had in their program since the "Bear" retired, thanks to Nick Sabin. 

They play us IN REVENGE.

AT BAMA, in front of a packed frenzied crowd.  Common sense says take the Tide and give up the points.

I am telling you guys Prothro will be key, that kid is a talent if he plays like he use to him and DJ Hall are a serious duo. 

HITCHER

Nutthuggers seem to feel that game is a guaranteed win, but I cannot get any of them I know to put their money where their mouth is. Seems they all know we were toast if their field goal kicker had not been high last year.

LisaHogbabe

When Nutt's time in ARK is gone, and we are back to the JackCrowe Danny Ford days, you'll then realize how good you had it. Someday, when you watch Nutt turn a perinial loser, an academic school, a sleeping giant into a bowl contender, a conference title contender, a bcs hopeful, then You'll be sorry the man you cried such hate and disdain against.

HeathWimp

1.  Vastly superioer Coach.
2.  Home field advantage.
3.  Revenge factor.
4.  11 men in the box will slow down our Cro-Magnon offense.
5.  John Parker Wilson is a good quarterback, and is getting better.  Dick has regressed.
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

Spiral_cut

My question exactly, why dose everybody? Why not just dose some of the people, the ones you don't like perhaps. And what kind of dose are you going to give them? Valium? Antibiotics? Beta blockers? We need to be careful about the medicines we "dose" other people with. Better read the label first...

Hogs-n-Roses

Saban is smart enough to let Applewhite do his thang. Their Offence is very balanced with a great young QB whom we are going to be sick of seeing as he is to be a soph. They have last years #1 over all rated player Big Andre Smith to anchor an experienced line. It took a miracle last year to beat them. A fumble return TD and 17 missed kicks as well as successful trick play on our part. The bulletin board material alone is enough for an edge, remember Nutt went band director after that one. One of my more embarrassing moments as a hog.   Tide 28   Hogs 13

wonz11

We should have the edge in this game, but not by much.  It will likely come down to RZ production, and if it does I think you have to pick the Hogs to win.  Bama did play us tough last year, and they will tell you they gave us the game.  To some extent they did.  However, IMO they also got the worst punch from us we could muster.  We played like crap against an inferior opponent, and we were lucky enough to still win. 

The Bama offense should be solid at QB and WR, but I question their pass blocking.  Their run blocking should be outstanding, but their TB's would not even start for Vandy.  As good as the services say their TB recruiting has been, none have panned out yet.  Assuming this doesnt change by our game, we will have a good opportunity to scheme against them. 

The Bama defense is not going to be what they normally are, especially early on in the year.  Our offense is going to absolutely shred them yardage wise.  The question will be "can we score when we get close?"  Dont let anyone pull your string, this Hog team is capable of scoring at a rate unmatched in the conference.  The question will be, can our new OC and head nut come through with great timing and carrying a dagger in the play calling.  Gus could.  Unfortunately we have to hope these jokers can to.  This game has the players to end up 42-35.

Regardless, the Hogs have the better team, and should beat the Tide.     

tenhog

Theres only one reason we lose to Bama.  Houston Nutt is still at Arkansas!!!

razorbass

Wait a minute...   ???

I agree 99.9%           +1 to ya

razorbass

LOL I've been waiting for that!!!!