Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MLB Draft on ESPN2

Started by Hogtropolis™, June 07, 2007, 12:55:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dakpowers

As a fan of the team, I hope the Mariners snag him. They could use a good pitcher.

rzrbckfan426

I was really hoping the dbacks would snag him.  They do really well with young pitchers in their minor league system.  But I still wouldn't mind him slipping to 14 for the braves.  ;)

Hogtropolis™

This kid was throwing 98 mph in HS.  In HS, you don't need another pitch if you can throw that hard.  That is unreal.

demonHOG1013

the redbirds definately could use a left handed pitcher. not to mention some bats...sheeesh!

Hogtropolis™

With 10th overall selection in the 2007 MLB Draft, the San Fransisco Giants select Madison Bumgarner, a LHP from South Caldwell HS in Hudson, North Carolina.

The Mariners are now on the clock.

BigDave70

this kid is 6-5 220 fastball at 97 he doesn't have a great command of his breaking balls but is a flame thrower
"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: demonHOG1013 on June 07, 2007, 02:07:56 pm
the redbirds definately could use a left handed pitcher. not to mention some bats...sheeesh!
I would love it if Schmidt fell to the Cards.  Not to mention he is from St. Louis.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: dakpowers on June 07, 2007, 02:06:23 pm
As a fan of the team, I hope the Mariners snag him. They could use a good pitcher.
Well, I can think of one really good pitcher y'all have.  How's King Felix doing anyway?

Hogtropolis™

With the 11th overall selection of the 2007 MLB Draft, the Seattle Mariners select Phillippe Aumont, a RHP from Ecole Du Versant in Gatineau, Quebec.

Next up, the Marlins.

zebra

Cards aren't too far away

12. Florida Marlins
13. Cleveland Indians
14. Atlanta Braves
15. Cincinnati Reds
16. Toronto Blue Jays (from Rangers for type A Catalanotto)
17. Texas Rangers (from Astros for type A Lee)
18. St. Louis Cardinals
19. Philadelphia Phillies
20. Los Angeles Dodgers (from Red Sox for type A Lugo)
21. Toronto Blue Jays
22. San Francisco Giants (from Dodgers for type A Schmidt)
23. San Diego Padres
24. Texas Rangers (from Angels for type A Matthews)
25. Chicago White Sox
26. Oakland A's
27. Detroit Tigers
28. Minnesota Twins
29. San Francisco Giants (from Mets for type A Alou)
30. New York Yankees

dakpowers

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on June 07, 2007, 02:11:51 pm
Quote from: dakpowers on June 07, 2007, 02:06:23 pm
Well, I can think of one really good pitcher y'all have.  How's King Felix doing anyway?
Not very well since his elbow strain. His ERA is creeping to five. Still better than Jeff Weaver. :P

OT: Did you get my fantasy baseball check?

BigDave70

He's Canadian RHP 6-7 225 fastball 96-97 great slider, They said he a guy that can go 7 or 8 innings easy
"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant

zebra

Quote from: BigDave70 on June 07, 2007, 02:14:14 pm
He's Canadian RHP 6-7 225 fastball 96-97 great slider, They said he a guy that can go 7 or 8 innings easy

He must speak French, he is struggling in his interview

rzrbckfan426

The braves are about to come calling on nicky i can feel it.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: dakpowers on June 07, 2007, 02:14:01 pm
OT: Did you get my fantasy baseball check?
I can't remember.  I'll look around, and ask my wife about it and see.  I'll let know sometime later tonight though.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on June 07, 2007, 02:09:50 pm
Quote from: demonHOG1013 on June 07, 2007, 02:07:56 pm
I would love it if Schmidt fell to the Cards.  Not to mention he is from St. Louis.

The Rangers will take him right in front of the Cards, but if he is there it would be a great fit for the Cards.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Break & Run

Quote from: rzrbckfan426 on June 07, 2007, 02:16:10 pm
The braves are about to come calling on nicky i can feel it.

I'm an Astros fan, I hope not.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Break & Run

I hope he doesnt go to St Louis either, as an astro fan.
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

demonHOG1013

I hope he doesnt go to the braves...

Hogtropolis™

With the 12th overall pick in the 2007 MLB Draft, the Florida Marlins select Matt Dominguez, a third basemen from Chatsworth HS in Chatsworth, California.

The Indians are now on the clock.

BigDave70

He's a kid thats 6-2 185 he has great range at 3rd base and is a great hitter

Break & Run

Matt dropped a few spots. they had him going like number 9

Break & Run

I thnk Schmidt will go in the early 20s

Hogtropolis™

That's the second kid taken from that HS team.  They must have been unreal to play against.

demonHOG1013

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on June 07, 2007, 02:20:51 pm
That's the second kid taken from that HS team.  They must have been unreal to play against.

thats crazy!

rzrbckfan426

Fayetteville HS coulda taken 'em.

zebra

Hogtropolis™

With 13th overall pick in the 2007 MLB Draft, the Cleveland Indians select Beau Mills, a 3B/1B from Lewis and Clark State College in Lewiston, Idaho.

The Braves are now on the clock.

ledhead830

Walk on through the wind. Walk on through the rain.
Though your dreams be tossed and blown,
Walk on. Walk on with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone. You'll never walk alone.
Walk on. Walk on with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone. You'll never walk alone.

BigDave70

This kid is 6-3 205 multi-positon player that has amazing power 462 average 42 hrs

demonHOG1013

Amityvillehogger

must be nice to be a son of a major leaguer or former major leaguer.  they will draft you just cuz you had a father go pro these days.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: rzrbckfan426 on June 07, 2007, 02:23:11 pm
Fayetteville HS coulda taken 'em.
Keep dreaming.  I'm sure that team was unreal.  I know Fayetteville's team was pretty good, but they didn't by any means have two players that are that good.

BigDave70

Quote from: BigDave70 on June 07, 2007, 02:24:50 pm
This kid is 6-3 205 multi-positon player that has amazing power 462 average 42 hrs
He also set the NAIA HR record with a grand slam in the NC game

rzrbckfan426

Here we go boys!!! Don't let me down Bobby, tell the front office that you need a good lefty up there in the ATL!!!!!!

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on June 07, 2007, 02:25:35 pm
must be nice to be a son of a major leaguer or former major leaguer.  they will draft you just cuz you had a father go pro these days.
Pedigree.  It gives you a lot of leverage in the MLB.

rzrbckfan426

Break & Run

I think Schmidt might to to Philly @ 19. or 22 to the giants.

Hogtropolis™

With the 14th overall selection in the 2007 MLB Draft, the Atlanta Braves select Jason Hayward, an OF from Henry County HS in McDonough, Georgia.

Next up are the Reds.

BigDave70

The Braves stayed home with this kid, He's a 6-2 198 and is said to have raw power, they compaired him to a Frank Thomas

Break & Run

Quote from: rzrbckfan426 on June 07, 2007, 02:27:21 pm
Here we go boys!!! Don't let me down Bobby, tell the front office that you need a good lefty up there in the ATL!!!!!!

Dont be disappointed, maybe they'll pick up Todd in the next round.

Hogtropolis™

It seems like the Braves always like to try out guys from Georgia.

Break & Run

Red's'll take a HS player

rzrbckfan426

They had a thing on espn about the braves taking him b/c they like to take the "hometown" products.  I would say they have a good track record with it though looking at francouer and mccann.

demonHOG1013

Quote from: hog_fan_08 on June 07, 2007, 02:31:14 pm
Quote from: rzrbckfan426 on June 07, 2007, 02:27:21 pm

Dont be disappointed, maybe they'll pick up Todd in the next round.
NO!

BigDave70

The Reds need more pitching

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: BigDave70 on June 07, 2007, 02:32:37 pm
The Reds need more pitching
No doubt about that.  They have a fairly good lineup, but poor starting pitching after Harang, and basically zero talent in the bullpen (at least healthy talent).

rzrbckfan426

But nobody likes the reds, i hope the cards get him since we didn't.

Hogtropolis™

With the 15th overall selection in the 2007 MLB Draft, the Cincinnati Reds select Devin Mesoraco, a catcher from Punxsutawney HS in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania.

The Blue Jays are now on the clock.

BigDave70

He's a Catcher that is 6-1 195, he had Tommy John surgery last year, they said that he was not the top catcher last year, but he is very athletic