Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MLB Draft on ESPN2

Started by Hogtropolis™, June 07, 2007, 12:55:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDave70

With the Round Comp A 63rd overall pick in the 2007 MLB Draft, The San Diego Padres Pick Cory Luebke/LHP/ Ohio St. University
"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant

rzrbckfan426

I've gotta bounce, if anybody wants to view the stuff on these guys getting drafted you can see it at http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/draft/y2007/drafttracker.jsp?p=0&s=100&sc=pick_number&so=&st=number&ft=&fv=

BigDave70

With the Round Comp A 64th overall pick in the 2007 MLB Draft, The San Diego Padres Pick Daniel Payne/CF/ Georgia Tech
"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant

BigDave70

I going to have Dinner with my wife if anyone wants to keep us updated have at it. I hope everyone has a great night and I will talk with you later tonight.

champ

Welker at 68 to the Pirates

coach, my back hurts

Jess Todd to the Cards baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

coach, my back hurts

TuckFexas

Glad to see JT got picked up by the Cards! For you fellow Cards fans, I spoke to a friend in Tulsa who is good friends w/ the Owasso head coach. He says this Kozma kid is a freakin' stud, has excellent range/arm and a huge bat that carried them to the 6A state championship.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

demonHOG1013

Quote from: TuckFexas on June 07, 2007, 06:09:02 pm
Glad to see JT got picked up by the Cards! For you fellow Cards fans, I spoke to a friend in Tulsa who is good friends w/ the Owasso head coach. He says this Kozma kid is a freakin' stud, has excellent range/arm and a huge bat that carried them to the 6A state championship.
Good to hear

Break & Run

I cant believe that Welker went before Todd.  Umm...this was all 1st 3 rounds???
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

BigDave70

riccoar

Any idea if any juniors decide to come back and improve their stock?

BigDave70

Coon and Julius I know for sure

Break & Run

Julius? was he even thinking about leaving? He wasnt really good enough this year IMO to even think about going pro.
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

TuckFexas

Quote from: hog_fan_08 on June 07, 2007, 09:46:25 pm
I cant believe that Welker went before Todd.  Umm...this was all 1st 3 rounds???

The pros are drafting on potential w/ Welker. They see a 6-7 frame with a power arm and good stuff that can get much better. With Todd, they see a guy that has electric stuff but not the traditional pitcher's frame so there's not much room for improvement physically. That's why Welker went before Todd.
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

demonHOG1013

Quote from: TuckFexas on June 08, 2007, 08:28:45 am
Quote from: hog_fan_08 on June 07, 2007, 09:46:25 pm

The pros are drafting on potential w/ Welker. They see a 6-7 frame with a power arm and good stuff that can get much better. With Todd, they see a guy that has electric stuff but not the traditional pitcher's frame so there's not much room for improvement physically. That's why Welker went before Todd.

Also most teams see Todd as a guy they'd move to the Pen. Eventhough he has great stuff, his awkward delivery would put strain on him as a starter in the Bigs

Break & Run

Hamblin picked by A's in 10th roudn. pick 330