Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pete Carroll

Started by mikeirwin, June 06, 2007, 08:44:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeirwin

The older I get the more I look at teams in terms of the head coach not their players or fans.
The head coach sets the tone for everything.
There is a reason why USC is getting all these great players (more than they need really). It's the head coach.
Here's a story from Beck.
She had been hit from so many directions over the last few months she had started absorb some of the stuff being said about her and her son.
When they got out to LA she had several conversations with Carroll. At one point she made the remark that a lot of coaches apparently believed that Mitch was damaged goods. At least that's what she had been reading.
Carroll stopped her cold.
"Don't you ever think that," he said. "It's not true. We offered him a scholarship for a reason. He's good. Very good."
Carroll went on to explain that Mitch like every other player on that team would have to bust his butt to get better. No one at USC is guaranteed anything. But he told her to never doubt that Mitch is a very gifted QB.
That meant more to her than most of you will ever know. When you and your son have been ripped by people from your own state, media types who have never spoken to you and out of state fans who don't know Arkansas from UALR you start thinking that maybe you are that person.
When the coach of the top program in college football says it ain't so you don't forget that.

Richard_white

I agree.  Mitch should do great at USC.  Top program with tradition as well as great coaches. 

Thanks for the update Mike.

BigoBoys

"Mitch is good".  I knew that

bigyellowdog

Good post.  Thanks for the info.  If HDN was more like Pete Carroll he would have his fence built. 

Above Mediocrity

Good to hear.

The most telling part of that story involves respect.  Carroll knows how to build a players confidence instead of trying to steal the spotlight for himself.  If Mitch never plays a down at USC, at least he will be given a level playing field and  honest, fair treatment from the coaches.
FIRE NUTT!!

BigDeal

Quote from: bigyellowdog on June 06, 2007, 08:53:11 pm
Good post.  Thanks for the info.  If HDN was more like Pete Carroll he would have his fence built. 

No reason to drag Coach Nutt's name through the mudd on this otherwise very touching post.

It is my belief Pete Carroll saw something special in that one drive he led against USC last year. He believes MM is a gifted QB and that says ALOT. USC is probably a good fit for him as everyone has had the attention he has gained and shouldn't experience any jealousy among the players.

IronHog

Your right about the head coach being the "tone setter" for the program.   Much like a CEO sets the strategic goals and corporate culture for a well ran corporation right from the top. (Lord knows our current AD and coach have no clue what that means)

Mustain last year showed flashes of what he can become as an upperclassman.  Too many grown men appear to have used this young man for self serving purposes and I hope he does not suffer the same at his new school.

Good luck Mustain.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

ilovepinebluff

Pete Carroll is ok.....I still can't stand USC though.

gasshog

Thanks for the update Mike. Good post. I hope Mitch does very well at USC.

Joe

June 06, 2007, 09:09:30 pm #9 Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 09:11:36 pm by Joe
  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: Thanks, Mike. The HC does matter and in the case of USC, he obviously treats his players with respect, and in Nutt's case he is a VERY good text sender  :D   Please keep us updated on how things go for Mitch in SoCal. Wish he was still playing for us, but he is ALOT better off being in the situation he is currently in at the precent.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

EarlHawg

What are you doing Mike, damage control for Beck?

HoopS

Bittersweet for sure.   Good luck Mitch. 

mikeirwin

Quote from: EarlHawg on June 06, 2007, 09:16:47 pm
You are the kind of person who had Beck wondering if she should move to China to get away from this stuff.
Thanks for adding to the story.

ArkieBrat

Mike, thanks for the MM info.  I always look forward to any updates that you can provide.  I wish Mitch the very best.

Beck is to be commended.  Does anyone else out there realize how difficult it is to be a single mother?  And she has gotten it right; that is obvious.
My all time Razorback favs.....

1. 1969 Shootout (Longhorns 'n Hogs football)
2.  Great Alaska Shootout under Eddie Sutton
3.  Orange Bowl CLASSIC under the Great Lou
4.  Rollin w/Nolan AND the '94 NC
5.  Being able to see Nolan and Company at the Aloha Classic in Honolulu (Dec '94) & all of us breaking bread together at a luau, & watching Nolan do the hula after being called onstage. AWESOME!  It doesn't get any better than that.

Scott E.

June 06, 2007, 09:36:54 pm #14 Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 09:41:49 pm by USC
Some of worthy of 7 figure incomes.  Others... well...

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=139136.msg2166221#msg2166221

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

June 06, 2007, 09:36:55 pm #15 Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 09:42:09 pm by notshavintilnuttgo
Quote from: mikeirwin on June 06, 2007, 08:44:32 pm
The older I get the more I look at teams in terms of the head coach not their players or fans.
There is a reason why USC is getting all these great players (more than they need really). It's the head coach.
She had been hit from so many directions over the last few months she had started absorb some of the stuff being said about her and her son.
When they got out to LA she had several conversations with Carroll. At one point she made the remark that a lot of coaches apparently believed that Mitch was damaged goods. At least that's what she had been reading.
"Don't you ever think that," he said. "It's not true. We offered him a scholarship for a reason. He's good. Very good."
Carroll went on to explain that Mitch like every other player on that team would have to bust his butt to get better. No one at USC is guaranteed anything. But he told her to never doubt that Mitch is a very gifted QB.
That meant more to her than most of you will ever know. When you and your son have been ripped by people from your own state, media types who have never spoken to you and out of state fans who don't know Arkansas from UALR you start thinking that maybe you are that person.
When the coach of the top program in college football says it ain't so you don't forget that.

Now THIS is some of the REAL positive posts we need, not that "just ignore everything going on and watch them Hogs" crap.

Great story and it's nice to hear that something truly good has come out of this mess for Mitch and his mom.

Mike, as far as your statement about the coach, I agree 100% and have been saying that for a long time.  This argument that "I don't cheer for the Razorbacks because of who the head coach is" is very difficult for me to understand.  He DOES set the tone and everything good or bad is controlled by him.

I can't cheer for a team whose coach ONLY cares about himself and his survival, and not whether we get the best kids or win or not.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

oldtimerhog

Nutt could learn a LLLOOOTTT of things from Pete Carroll.
Welcome Petrino Brothers - We have waited a long time for you!

MuskogeeHogFan

Pete Carroll's statement speaks volumes. The only promise made....you will have the same chance here that everyone else does. I don't think MM would want or could ask for anything more than that. The competition will make him a better player than he might have ever evolved into here. I wish him every success even if it is at USC.
Go Hogs Go!

PIGINAPOKE

June 06, 2007, 09:52:49 pm #18 Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 09:54:38 pm by PIGINAPOKE
Really goes to show who has it...And who does not. Nutt does not.

Even if Mitch never plays a single down at USC. He can claim he was coached by Pete, Not by sheat.
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

Dr. Leonard Ford

Does a head coach have several conversations with every players Mom?  If so, does Houston do that?

BaggerHog

Quote from: BigDeal on June 06, 2007, 09:00:50 pm

No reason to drag Coach Nutt's name through the mudd on this otherwise very touching post.

It is my belief Pete Carroll saw something special in that one drive he led against USC last year. He believes MM is a gifted QB and that says ALOT. USC is probably a good fit for him as everyone has had the attention he has gained and shouldn't experience any jealousy among the players.
Just when I thought it would never happen, finally something I can agree with you on.

Hogs-n-Roses

I hope that family gets some well deserved peace ASAP.USC does not throw schollie's around. There's reason to everything a system like that does. I have no brash predictions of what Mitch will accomplish but hope he gets all he goes after and some.I just wish I had of bought one of those #16 jerseys last year. I do believe that 20 years from now that last season and all the things involved from beginning to end will be a huge part of Razorback history. I pray that all this turns out to be a positive thing in some way. Its hard to see right now, but maybe Mitch and Beck/Damien and family will all be able to become part of the Hog family once again.

deucea729

You know, I hated - scratch that, HATED - USC while they were pummeling us 70-17 and 50-14.  I'm by no means turning into a fan of theirs, but this story and the events of the last few months show that those scores parallel the gap between these two programs as a whole. 

Kind of makes you wonder which portion of our fan base is the insane portion.  I'll trust Pete Carroll's analysis of Mitch over anyone who is connected with our state and our program at this point.  This was the one that Houston Nutt could not afford to screw up.  Yet somehow, he did.

TulsaHogFan

I remember reading a guy's post who absolutly thought Mitch was 100% overrated.  He could not stand Mitch getting the attention.  He was discussing USC's recruiting.

He said a few simple words. 

The only reason Pete Carroll will go outside of the state of California to recruit a kid, is if Pete believes that kid will play on Sundays.  Otherwise, he doesn't waste his time.

I will remember that quote forever. 

Yes.  Pete came after 3 players who he believes will all play on Sundays.  Thats a huge compliment to those players and to this state.  I just wish we had done a better job of locking them up.  That however is a different story.

Mike thanks for sharing that story.  I hope Beck takes it to heart and enjoys watching Mitch play from now on.

LyonHog

Kinda like what Rick and Chuckles do for HDN, gotta keep an even keel

Scott E.

Quote from: deucea729 on June 06, 2007, 10:28:33 pm
You know, I hated - scratch that, HATED - USC while they were pummeling us 70-17 and 50-14.  I'm by no means turning into a fan of theirs, but this story and the events of the last few months show that those scores parallel the gap between these two programs as a whole

Astute observation.

Quote from: funk on June 06, 2007, 10:37:53 pm
Quote from: mikeirwin on June 06, 2007, 09:20:42 pm
You are the kind of person who had Beck wondering if she should move to China to get away from this stuff.

Major Point:  Umm, why is he that "kind of person"?  He didn't say anything (in the post you quote) negative about her or Mitch.  So, your charge is (thus far) unwarranted.

Lesser Point:  I'm not so concerned about the egos of pampered athletes being hurt by some tough words.  Don't they also get more than their share of the accolades?  If only our top math, science, and English students were recruited by colleges this way.  (I can only imagine the ranking systems for recruits, the televised award shows for our top students, etc.)  Unless the dean or "academic director" says nice words to their moms and dads, they might get the impression that they're not as important as the athletes.  And then they'd have their little egos hurt.  Oh wait, that's real life for most of us.

Mitch was ANYTHING but pampered at the U of A.  You need to get your facts straight, you obviously don't know much about the situation.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

Dwight_K_Shrute

If Pete Carroll was more like HDN we would be 2-0 against them.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

deucea729

Quote from: USC on June 06, 2007, 10:38:34 pm
Quote from: deucea729 on June 06, 2007, 10:28:33 pm
You know, I hated - scratch that, HATED - USC while they were pummeling us 70-17 and 50-14.  I'm by no means turning into a fan of theirs, but this story and the events of the last few months show that those scores parallel the gap between these two programs as a whole

Astute observation.

That was hard to type.  But sometimes a spade has to be called a spade.

RedSatinHog

Quote from: Above Mediocrity on June 06, 2007, 08:58:38 pm
Good to hear.

The most telling part of that story involves respect.  Carroll knows how to build a players confidence instead of trying to steal the spotlight for himself.  If Mitch never plays a down at USC, at least he will be given a level playing field and  honest, fair treatment from the coaches.

My sentiments exactly.

I don't care what kind of talent base you have.  If you are not a good coach who can inspire players to want to play their butts off for you, you won't succeed at the level of Pete Carroll.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

Scott E.

funk~ please elaborate on how you have arrived at your conclusion Mustain was pampered.  That's a new one to me.

RedSatinHog

June 06, 2007, 10:51:22 pm #31 Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 10:53:10 pm by AKHogsHoopsFan
Quote from: TulsaHogFan on June 06, 2007, 10:30:41 pm
I remember reading a guy's post who absolutly thought Mitch was 100% overrated.  He could not stand Mitch getting the attention.  He was discussing USC's recruiting.

He said a few simple words. 

The only reason Pete Carroll will go outside of the state of California to recruit a kid, is if Pete believes that kid will play on Sundays.  Otherwise, he doesn't waste his time.

I will remember that quote forever. 

Yes.  Pete came after 3 players who he believes will all play on Sundays.  Thats a huge compliment to those players and to this state.  I just wish we had done a better job of locking them up.  That however is a different story.

Mike thanks for sharing that story.  I hope Beck takes it to heart and enjoys watching Mitch play from now on.

Pete Carroll has said as much himself.  The announcers at several of their games over the past year or so have repeated it when speaking of Carroll during games.

southern hawg

Quote from: AKHogsHoopsFan on June 06, 2007, 10:48:16 pm
Good to hear.

My sentiments exactly.

I don't care what kind of talent base you have.  If you are not a good coach who can inspire players to want to play their butts off for you, you won't succeed at the level of Pete Carroll.
It doesn't hurt when sports agents are putting your players parents up in half a million dollar homes either.

RedSatinHog

Quote from: southern hawg on June 06, 2007, 10:52:44 pm
Good to hear.

My sentiments exactly.

It doesn't hurt when sports agents are putting your players parents up in half a million dollar homes either.

Half million dollar homes in the LA area are the norm nowadays.  It costs that much to live in a very basic house in that state.

Scott E.

Quote from: funk on June 06, 2007, 10:58:37 pm
Quote from: USC on June 06, 2007, 10:49:39 pm
funk~ please elaborate on how you have arrived at your conclusion Mustain was pampered.  That's a new one to me.

sure, no problem....being on the front page of national publications, being flown into various colleges and wooed with scholarships and other perks...i also presume he received and benefited from much adulation in his highschool/hometown community, etc.  That doesn't count as pampering?  I don't know of too many high school kids who get that degree of national recognition, rewards, educational and financial offers (scholarships).  And for what?  Throwing a football.  It's pretty sad that UNIVERSITIES praise and pursue these kids more than the math, science, and English wizzes that I mentioned earlier.  But, putting that point aside, didn't I give enough evidence of pampering in my first few sentences?

Of course I also am aware of the allegations concerning how Nutt et. al. treated MM.  I'm not approving of that.  I'm just saying that that mistreatment, assuming it occurred, doesn't negate the fact that MM, like so many highly recruited athletes, has undoubtedly been pampered.  Would you really deny that?

I would suggest you make great assumptions based on situations and circumstances you have predisposed opinions towards.  Or, of course, your clairvoyance may be accurate.  Thanks for the explanation.

southern hawg

Quote from: AKHogsHoopsFan on June 06, 2007, 10:54:47 pm
Good to hear.

My sentiments exactly.

Half million dollar homes in the LA area are the norm nowadays.  It costs that much to live in a very basic house in that state.
Actually it was a 3,002 sq. ft. $757,500 home, but that's not really the point.

RedSatinHog

Quote from: southern hawg on June 06, 2007, 11:02:10 pm
Quote from: AKHogsHoopsFan on June 06, 2007, 10:54:47 pm
Good to hear.

My sentiments exactly.

Actually it was a 3,002 sq. ft. $757,500 home, but that's not really the point.

Oh, so the Bush family got a more comfy upgrade?

mikeirwin

June 06, 2007, 11:07:53 pm #37 Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 11:27:39 pm by mikeirwin

Major Point:  Umm, why is he that "kind of person"?  He didn't say anything (in the post you quote) negative about her or Mitch.  So, your charge is (thus far) unwarranted.

Lesser Point:  I'm not so concerned about the egos of pampered athletes being hurt by some tough words.  Don't they also get more than their share of the accolades?  If only our top math, science, and English students were recruited by colleges this way.  (I can only imagine the ranking systems for recruits, the televised award shows for our top students, etc.)  Unless the dean or "academic director" says nice words to their moms and dads, they might get the impression that they're not as important as the athletes.  And then they'd have their little egos hurt.  Oh wait, that's real life for most of us.

Nice try. He asks if I'm doing damage control for Beck. The question implies she's damaged herself.
I don't believe she did any such thing. I do believe that some fans sought to damage her reputation not because they knew anything about her but because they assumed she had something against their football team.
As for the rest of your point you  apparently don't know what it's like to have large numbers of people create a version of yourself that does not exist.
When Mitch was in high school and posting on this board there were people arguing with him about what he was thinking or doing. No they didn't know it was him but imagine the strange feeling he got when he wrote, Mitch is very much interested in playing for the University of Arkansas. If he wasn't the school would have been out of the picture a long time ago.
To which the argumentative fan responded, I know for a fact that Mitch will attend the University of Texas because he thinks he's too good for his home state.
You hear enough of that stuff and you will appreciate kind words where you find them.

Quote from: funk on June 06, 2007, 10:43:40 pm
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on June 06, 2007, 10:39:25 pm

Mitch was ANYTHING but pampered at the U of A.  You need to get your facts straight, you obviously don't know much about the situation.

Ummm, did I say he was pampered by the U. of A.???  He didn't have to be pampered by the U. of A. to be pampered.  Nice try.

DId you even read your own post?

Scott E.

Drop the sarcasm?  Why?  It is quite effective in communicating the fact that someone makes an assertion based on assumptions and conclusions with no real knowledge of the circumstances involved. 

When I read about Mustain getting foot massages and having free laundry service, I'll be inclined to agree with the "pampered" label.  In the meantime I'll continue believing he was another top recruit like McFadden and other five star players.

SpareRib

Nonsense... Mike, thanks for a great post.  It's good to hear something really positive happening for their family.
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

mikeirwin

Quote from: funk on June 06, 2007, 11:13:42 pm
Quote from: mikeirwin on June 06, 2007, 11:07:53 pm

Nice try. He asks if I'm doing damage control for Beck. The question implies she's damaged herself.
I don't believe she did any such thing. I do believe that some fans sought to damage her reputation not because they knew anything about her but because they assumed she had something against their football team.
As for the rest of your point you are apparently don't know what it's like to have large numbers of people create a version of yourself that does not exist.
When Mitch was in high school and posting on this board there were people arguing with him about what he was thinking or doing. No they didn't know it was him but imagine the strange feeling he got when he wrote, Mitch is very much interested in playing for the University of Arkansas. If he wasn't he the school would have been out of the picture a long time ago.
To which the argumentative fan responded, I know for a fact that Mitch will attend the University of Texas because he thinks he's too good for his home state.
You hear enough of that stuff and you will appreciate kind words where you find them.

You can certainly do damage control for someone who hasn't damaged themself.  One could do damage control for someone who has been damaged by others.  (Given your post, I assume that she HAS been damaged.)  So, the question, contrary to what you wrote, does NOT imply that she has damaged herself.  It only implies that she has been damaged.  And you seem to agree that she has been damaged.

So, to use your own words....Nice try.
Argue that point 'till the cows come home.
I know what the poster meant and so do you.

deucea729

Quote from: hogapalooza on June 06, 2007, 11:22:22 pm
That is the funny thing Mike.  The people who would argue w/ Mitch about Mitch.

Also, Funk is a Plant/Troll.

And a very illogical one at that...

SpareRib

Hey Funk, this thread started out as one of the best human interest stories that has been posted on this board lately.

Your attempt to side track it by turning it into an excercise in verbal gymnastics is so third grade it stinks.  Take it back to grammar school where it belongs.

Pork Out

I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

3pigsinafountain

QuoteYes.  Pete came after 3 players who he believes will all play on Sundays.  Thats a huge compliment to those players and to this state.  I just wish we had done a better job of locking them up.  That however is a different story.

Actually Pete, with his recent offer to Joe Adams, has come after more than 3 players who he evidently believes have a legitimate chance to play on Sundays.  In Mustain, Williams, and Green he has already acquired 3 such players thru leaks in 'the dorks' fence.

Pete Carroll should get down on his knees every night and pray Houston is never run out of Arkansas.  Houston Nutts bungling is the best thing that has ever happened to Southern Cals recruiting of Arkansas.

VenturaHog

Quote from: funk on June 06, 2007, 11:05:03 pm
Quote from: USC on June 06, 2007, 11:01:04 pm
Quote from: funk on June 06, 2007, 10:58:37 pm
Quote from: USC on June 06, 2007, 10:49:39 pm

sure, no problem....being on the front page of national publications, being flown into various colleges and wooed with scholarships and other perks...i also presume he received and benefited from much adulation in his highschool/hometown community, etc.  That doesn't count as pampering?  I don't know of too many high school kids who get that degree of national recognition, rewards, educational and financial offers (scholarships).  And for what?  Throwing a football.  It's pretty sad that UNIVERSITIES praise and pursue these kids more than the math, science, and English wizzes that I mentioned earlier.  But, putting that point aside, didn't I give enough evidence of pampering in my first few sentences?

Of course I also am aware of the allegations concerning how Nutt et. al. treated MM.  I'm not approving of that.  I'm just saying that that mistreatment, assuming it occurred, doesn't negate the fact that MM, like so many highly recruited athletes, has undoubtedly been pampered.  Would you really deny that?

I would suggest you make great assumptions based on situations and circumstances you have predisposed opinions towards.  Or, of course, your clairvoyance may be accurate.  Thanks for the explanation.

Excuse me?  These are assumptions:  he received national recognition, he appeared on the cover of national publications, he received multiple scholarship offers and other awards??  I don't think so.  You can drop your sarcasm, because those are facts.  The only assumption I made was about his adulation from his hometown community/highschool (and I didn't rely on clairvoyance).  I think that's a safe assumption, but we can drop it if need be.

Some of you seem to think that I meant he has been pampered by the U. of A. (coaching staff, in particular), which I never stated or implied.

So since he was treated well because of his talent he deserves to be knocked down a peg or two? MM was nothing but humble and meek throughout the whole process.

Glad to see yet another new person has decided to start their posting career by bashing 18 year old kids. Coincidence?

Quote from: hawgsav1 on June 07, 2007, 12:43:06 am
Please, Pete Carroll is not the so-called "saint" that everyone makes it out to be.  Half of his players (former players now I guess) such as LaJuan Ramsey thought that he was too soft in practices and all willy-nilly and fake as a person.  Darnell Bing felt Carroll be rude to him more than once.  I saw Students on campus who met Carroll saw that Carroll felt like he was too good to associate with the students or even sign autographs for them.  On more than once occassion Carroll would be posing for the media to make it seem like he was this great guy.  Despite how it is publicized that Pete Carroll supposedly lets players "play" and compete for the job, that is absolutely not true.  Seniority rules apply just the same for USC as they do for other teams.  If he truly did let players play for their spots, why did Hershel Dennis start when Reggie Bush and Lendale White were already there (they were frosh at the time but clearly better in practice)?  Also, why did Chauncey Washington start this year when C.J. Gable was by far the more productive back this year?  On top of that he cheats.  There is a reason that he gets to stockpile talent.  The athletic department even has authorized drivers to take recruits around to parties when those rules are completely against NCAA rules.  Also, considering the Joe McKnight thing and the Reggie Bush saga, I don't think these are isolated incidents.  USC is turning into a mix of Miami in the 80s and Bama under DuBose and Stalling.  The only difference is that USC's publicity department is so good that they can get away with it. (note, I'm not saying HDn is a great coach so please don't respond to this by accusing me of loving HDN.  This has nothing to do with HDN)

I'll take that ANY day over a coach who runs off talent that might make him look like he doesn't know what the hell he is doing.

RedSatinHog

Quote from: funk on June 06, 2007, 11:19:56 pm
I give reasons, examples, and logic, and I'm met with sarcasm and "nonsense".  Okay, I see what I'm dealing with.

You're making a heckuva splash on Hogville, young man.  Salvage whatever shred of dignity you can muster at this point and chill out for a while.  Feel around and find out what you can get away with, THEN start making something other than silly, suggestive comments.  At least THEN you'll know the true difference between a Nutt Hugger and a Darksider.

razor-trac

June 07, 2007, 01:59:46 am #48 Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 02:02:07 am by razor-trac
Carroll is interested in winning, and nutt is interested in doing enough to keep his very high paying job. One has ego and performance and one has just ego. At USC there is accountability at UA we have nutt's ego. Anything bad is not his fault. He was called a dork and hated MM thereafter. Nutt is immature and childlike.

What if MM had refered to Carroll as a dork? How would Pete handle that? Would he hold it against him yet still recruit him? Would he allow a "seniors meeting" after an (unpublicized) apology?

I think not. I think he would give him a chance to win a position and win games. That's all. Carroll is an extreme dick, but he is much better than an ego driven dork/retard and his assistant coaches (none are ever hired away) and retard brother.

His assistants are loyal and stable. They suck and are being paid way beyond their ability. They are loyal, so they will always have a job with Dale. We can't fire Dale because we would lose the whole Murray State braintrust. Perhaps no interims at all.
"We have chosen hope over fear, unity of purpose over conflict and discord." BH Obama at inauguration

"A failure to act, and act now, will turn crisis into a catastrophe and guarantee a longer recession, a less robust recovery, and a more uncertain future. " BH Obama a couple weeks later

That's what I call change.

hawaiianhogster

Sounds to me like you need a hug.