Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BIG XII vs SEC

Started by BUCCANEER FAN, June 06, 2007, 02:15:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

If a invite to the big 12 was handed to you, what conference would you be in?

BIG XII
77 (24.9%)
SEC
232 (75.1%)

Total Members Voted: 293

BUCCANEER FAN

You decide what conference you would want to be in if a big 12 invite was given to you?  :razorback:

LordStanleysHog

I can't believe this is even being questioned... no one wants to take a step down.

Landonhog

How people even debate this, is beyond my comprehension... 

SEC.

football-writer

SEC all the way....the Hogs got BETTER when they got away from Texas and A&M   BETTER...not worse
Bobby Petrino...putting fear into opposing SEC coaches one recruit at a time

artyhog

BUCCANEER FAN

June 06, 2007, 02:21:15 pm #5 Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 04:31:42 pm by BUCCANEER FAN
omit

Rooka

3 simple letters...........S.E.C.

Wash Hogwallop

Even with Nutt atthe helm. SEC

BUCCANEER FAN

June 06, 2007, 02:34:02 pm #8 Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 04:31:06 pm by BUCCANEER FAN
omit

McFadden 4 Heisman

Didn't this poll just start? I can't seem to vote!! :-\

Is anyone else being locked out of the voting poll?

Ouachihog

Quote from: McFadden 4 Heisman on June 06, 2007, 02:40:39 pm

Yeah, first time I opened the thread but it looks like I already voted....
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

dallashog83

I still miss the SWC and the rivalries we had there but I would pick the SEC ove the Big 12 without a doubt.  The SEC is the strongest conference from top to bottom in the nation.  While there may be a team or two from other conferences that are better than any one team in the SEC, there is not a conference, when taken as a whole, that can compare to the SEC.

J. McHog

Quote from: BUCCANEER FAN on June 06, 2007, 02:34:02 pm
traitors you all suck!!

You would rather be in the sec with a coach and ad you hate and a cellar team, and get all the disrespect from the nation and in your own conference, and you morons want to be in the sec. What a pitiful bunch of ass grabbers!! Its just like the rest of the nation say about arkansas fans: "They are a brainless bunch of hillbillies that wouldn't know a good thing in front of them if it was stuck to there face" your votes just varified what i was after!! You people are jokes!!! :puke:

Man, you ask people for their opinion, then you call them a bunch of hillbillies? It's like the old saying. "If you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question." By the way, speaking of brainless, it's verified, not varified, and Arkansas is capitalized. Just for your edification (if you don't recognize the word look it up).

McFadden 4 Heisman

Quote from: Ouachihog on June 06, 2007, 02:42:23 pm
Quote from: McFadden 4 Heisman on June 06, 2007, 02:40:39 pm

Yeah, first time I opened the thread but it looks like I already voted....

Thank you i thought it might have been my pc acting up  ;D

McFadden 4 Heisman

June 06, 2007, 02:56:47 pm #14 Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 03:05:50 pm by McFadden 4 Heisman
S.E.C.!! GO HOGS!! :razorback:

Lhs

Hmm, the SEC is 10-11 in football vs. the Big 12 since 2000 and 15-32 in basketball over the same time period.  Who's better?

LordStanleysHog

Quote from: Lhs on June 06, 2007, 03:05:51 pm
Hmm, the SEC is 10-11 in football vs. the Big 12 since 2000 and 15-32 in basketball over the same time period.  Who's better?

straight up numbers won't win this arguement... what were the match-ups?

Landonhog

Quote from: Lhs on June 06, 2007, 03:05:51 pm

SEC, without question.  Sorry.

Landonhog

traitors you all suck!!

You would rather be in the sec with a coach and ad you hate and a cellar team, and get all the disrespect from the nation and in your own conference, and you morons want to be in the sec. What a pitiful bunch of ass grabbers!! Its just like the rest of the nation say about arkansas fans: "They are a brainless bunch of hillbillies that wouldn't know a good thing in front of them if it was stuck to there face" your votes just varified what i was after!! You people are jokes!!! :puke:

The kids are definitely out of school for the summer... 

McFadden 4 Heisman

June 06, 2007, 03:16:56 pm #19 Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 03:34:02 pm by McFadden 4 Heisman
I agree :razorback:

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Landonhog on June 06, 2007, 02:17:25 pm
How people even debate this, is beyond my comprehension... 

SEC.

SEC by far, the only reason this is brought up is logistics.  The only plus to the Big 12 is it's more "geographically" correct.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

kimjongsqUeAl

I'll say it again: This is retarded and should never be brought up again.  Throw this crap in the trash! PLEASE!!! 
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

Boardon Hamsay

June 06, 2007, 03:39:33 pm #22 Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 03:42:42 pm by rlh06
traitors you all suck!!

So let me get this right, you post the poll, then call us traitors, etc. for being loyal to our current conference all because the poll results (from a poll you started, remember) doesn't share your opinion?  I'm going out on a limb here and saying you have the brain power of either a small salad bar or a sock full of pennies.  Not to worry, that won't take much "varifying", I mean verifying.  Take care, don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Simple Swineman

For years I have wanted to be in the big 12, just based on geography and the natural rivalries. But over the past couple of years I have gotten over that and become a firm supporter of the SEC. I do wish we would develop a bitter rival in the SEC. LSU has all the ingredients.

BUCCANEER FAN

June 06, 2007, 03:41:34 pm #24 Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 04:30:16 pm by BUCCANEER FAN
omit

McFadden 4 Heisman

Quote from: Simple Swineman on June 06, 2007, 03:40:34 pm
For years I have wanted to be in the big 12, just based on geography and the natural rivalries. But over the past couple of years I have gotten over that and become a firm supporter of the SEC. I do wish we would develop a bitter rival in the SEC. LSU has all the ingredients.

Yes, alabama and auburn for one, arkansas has beaten them both on more than one occasion, it would just be a few of many potential rivalries in the sec. :razorback:

kimjongsqUeAl

Quote from: BUCCANEER FAN on June 06, 2007, 03:41:34 pm
Quote from: hawgacyde on June 06, 2007, 03:34:24 pm
I'll say it again: This is retarded and should never be brought up again.  Throw this crap in the trash! PLEASE!!! 

Your the reason i brought this topic-poll up to begin with because you wouldn't shut your rat hole up in the other topic about the SEC. A$$Face!!  
DUDE,  SERIOUSLY-DON'T GO THERE WITH HAWGACYDE!!
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

Boardon Hamsay

June 06, 2007, 04:13:05 pm #27 Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 04:15:17 pm by rlh06
Quote from: hawgacyde on June 06, 2007, 04:07:36 pm
Quote from: BUCCANEER FAN on June 06, 2007, 03:41:34 pm

Your the reason i brought this topic-poll up to begin with because you wouldn't shut your rat hole up in the other topic about the SEC. A$$Face!!  
DUDE,  SERIOUSLY-DON'T GO THERE WITH HAWGACYDE!!

I think recess was over and he had to leave to go do some more fractions in math class.   ;D

BUCCANEER FAN

June 06, 2007, 04:27:52 pm #28 Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 04:29:32 pm by BUCCANEER FAN
With deepest sincere regrets, i do apologize to the hog fans out there, theres been a development with the multi-logins from different people using this account and expressing there opinions. If there are offended people out there i do regret the situation and hope you can forgive.Im going to put this user out of service and hope this topic is locked up soon. I will go ahead and allow the poll to remain active to whoever wants to vote. :'(  Best Wishes!

McFadden 4 Heisman

June 06, 2007, 07:26:15 pm #29 Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 07:30:36 pm by McFadden 4 Heisman
BIG XII seems to dominate in basketball and baseball most of the time, but the SEC dominates in Football, i think Softball (Tennessee/Arizona playing tonight in Womens College World Series)seems to be dominated by the SEC,and SEC dominates in Track for sure.
Heard Arkansas might be getting a Wrestling Program started,i bet the BIG XII dominate that sport with Oklahoma State always being a contender.If im wrong on something correct me. :razorback: 

jjones

big 12 dominates in basketball??  Kansas won the national title in '88.  there have been 5 sec teams win the title since then.  The reason the SEC is so great is because they are consistently a top 2 conference every year in every major sport D-1 provides.  Without question the most powerhouse conference in the country.

sowmonella

The SEC is THE best conference in the NCAA. :razorback:
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

hog.goblin

I would much prefer travelling to Boulder, Lincoln, Norman, Stillwater, Lawrence, Columbia, etc...it's just a much easier drive.  We would also have a much better record against such foes.

That being said, I wouldn't give up the SEC for it.  The SEC is #1 and the best is where we need to be.

humphrey

Quote from: McFadden 4 Heisman on June 06, 2007, 07:26:15 pm
BIG XII seems to dominate in basketball and baseball most of the time, but the SEC dominates in Football, i think Softball (Tennessee/Arizona playing tonight in Womens College World Series)seems to be dominated by the SEC,and SEC dominates in Track for sure.
Heard Arkansas might be getting a Wrestling Program started,i bet the BIG XII dominate that sport with Oklahoma State always being a contender.If im wrong on something correct me. :razorback: 

Today's wrestling announcement was for the AAA possibly sanctioning high achool wrestling in Arkansas in 2008-2009.  This has nothing to do with NCAA wrestling.  Arkansas and Mississippi are the only states in America that do not sanction high school wrestling.  The SEC is the only major NCAA conference that does not support wrestling.

Loafbone

Who are all these idiots thinking that moving to the Big 12 is a good idea?
My name is Olster. Seriously. My parents named me Olster. I hate them.

hoghogg

Not even debatable on ANY level.

SEC

Why is this even a question?

Matt Jones

I can see the debate for the Big XII, but you have to stay in the SEC. Granted, Arkansas' facilities are second-to-none to most in the SEC and would blow every stadium in the Big XII out of the water. Schools in Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas and Missouri are also better geographical fits for impending rivalries. But come on. Arkansas just played in the SEC Championship in football, basketball and baseball. The Razorbacks will be going into their 16th season in the SEC this fall in football and 17th in basketball. Border rivalries with the schools in Mississippi and Tennessee are developing. Even though it's man-made, the LSU rivalry has potential and the Arkansas-Alabama football series has been really entertaining since Meadors' catch in '95. In basketball, Pelphrey's hiring automatically starts the rivalry back up with Kentucky. Financially it's better, too. The SEC all the way. No question about it.

RedSatinHog

Not only would the Big XII be a step down, I wouldn't want to go back to the days of the biased officiating we got regularly out of Texas refs until they thought we were going to leave the conference.  Until then, we took whatever they did and were expected to shut up about it.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

The Boar War

There's an old saying that states "you can never go back".  I think one of the only reasons this is brought up every few weeks is because of the success we had in the old SWC days.  These days look especially good when compared to the 04 and 05 seasons which were so bad.  But we can't go back to playing in the SWC.  It doesn't even exist anymore.  We should stand here in the SEC, work hard to get over the newcomer bias, and beat the crap out of LSU consistently so we can develop a rivalry.

Lhs

I'm not in favor of Arkansas moving to the Big 12, but I still don't get this SEC chest thumping. 

SEC is not superior to the Big 12, they just think so.  SEC isn't the best conference, they just think so.  Besides, how does one rank a conference?  By the number of national championships?  By head to head competition?  I just want to know why the SEC is better than the Big 12.

TOMMY DAWG 55

To me there is no difference to which is a more powerful conference, i personally like both the Big XII and SEC.I would support Arkansas in either of the conferences. :razorback:

darth sooie

I like the big 12 but not enough to leave the SEC. Also, does the big 12 even want the hogs? why would they want to expand past 12, now if somebody leaves like Missouri to the big 10...you can talk about this but missouri leaving makes it much less likely UA would want to  join the big 12, ditto if colorado left. The only  way it would make sense to even consider this move would be if the big 10 went after iowa state,  or if baylor gave up and left for CUSA, and I don't think either will happen ever, so this is pointless.

jj202020

Big 12.  Easier conference to compete in.   Better recruiting base in Texas.  Let me rephrase---good recruiting base in Texas in which we can better compete for recruits.  Geography.

SEC is clearly the better conference--so a program that is mired in mediocrity (thanks to HDN) would compete better in the Big 12.

Lhs

Again, what makes the SEC clearly a better conference?

TOMMY DAWG 55

June 07, 2007, 12:13:52 pm #45 Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 12:15:59 pm by TOMMY DAWG 55
Quote from: darth sooie on June 07, 2007, 10:06:42 am
I like the big 12 but not enough to leave the SEC. Also, does the big 12 even want the hogs? why would they want to expand past 12, now if somebody leaves like Missouri to the big 10...you can talk about this but missouri leaving makes it much less likely UA would want to  join the big 12, ditto if colorado left. The only  way it would make sense to even consider this move would be if the big 10 went after iowa state,  or if baylor gave up and left for CUSA, and I don't think either will happen ever, so this is pointless.

To answer your question, if arkansas was ever to join the Big XII, it would be in the south division and baylor would have to exit the Big XII because the program seems to be struggling the most. :razorback:

Lhs

You are correct.  Baylor would have to go.  There has been some talk about Colorado leaving because they are geographically a misfit.

TOMMY DAWG 55

June 07, 2007, 12:43:07 pm #47 Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 12:58:34 pm by TOMMY DAWG 55
That would very interesting to see which University would take over Colorado's spot in the North Division. :razorback:

jj202020

national championships, head-to-head dominance, greater production of NFL/NBA players.

Clear to me, anyway.

Lhs

Quote from: jj202020 on June 07, 2007, 01:31:01 pm
national championships, head-to-head dominance, greater production of NFL/NBA players.

Clear to me, anyway.

I'm not sure about the greater production of NFL/NBA players.  That could be true but I'm not sure.  What I do know is that the SEC DOES NOT have more national championships than the SEC and the head to head dominance is clearly not there.  Again, since 2000, the SEC is 10-11 against the Big 12 and 15-32 in basketball.  Dominance IS NOT there.

As far as the National Championships, here's the all time list for men's sports.

Southern California: 73
UCLA: 70
Stanford: 57
Oklahoma State: 48
Arkansas: 43
Michigan: 30
Yale: 25
California: 23
Indiana: 23
Iowa: 21
UTEP: 21
Wisconsin: 21

Here's the total for both Men and Women

Southern California: 73
UCLA: 70
Stanford: 57
Oklahoma State: 48
Arkansas: 43
Michigan: 30
Yale: 25
California: 23
Indiana: 23
Iowa: 21
UTEP: 21
Wisconsin: 21

Obviously, for OSU, it's been wrestling and for Ark it's been track.

So, the question still remains, "What does the SEC have better than the Big 12 for Arkansas?