Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who's your top SEC QB?

Started by wincrimson, June 06, 2007, 02:13:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rooka

Quote from: John Wesley Hardin on June 06, 2007, 05:30:33 pm
Casey Dick, he beat out an 8-0 starter and a Parade All-American. :)
:puke: sorry just puked a little.  ;)

HITCHER

3 for 17 against LSU baby, 3 for 17 against LSU!!!! Casey Dick of Arkansas---who else?

hognuckles

nathon emert all the way to the weedeater bowl

Hogrenderings

Quote from: Gushugger on June 06, 2007, 03:01:16 pm
So what is Casey Dick's overall record?

Here - at Arkansas - for his:

1:  Freshman

2:  Sophomore, and now

3:  Junior year

HERE - that's his record

and I hope he throws more than any QB in the SEC this season................

86jacketstchamps

Quote from: Ouachihog on June 06, 2007, 02:35:21 pm
Quote from: LordStanleysHog on June 06, 2007, 02:29:28 pm
lay off the guy... I'm not about call Dick one of the top 3 QB's in the SEC but we really haven't seen him after he's gone through Spring and Summer Practice.  He was thrown in there straight from the cupboard his frosh. season and then last season he didn't go through spring or pre-season workouts due to injury.  Now if after all this he still isn't worth silver dollar then okay but until then I think he deserves the chance to prove us wrong.

You're right.  I also remember how much Stoerner improved between his soph and junior year.  Casey isn't getting a fair shake from most of our fans b/c his is associated with HDN and with Mitch's competition.  If you take away the Malzahn and Mustain stuff, Casey would have much more favor and patience from our fans.  I think he will improve significantly this year.  I hope so. 

The thing is, all of us...including myself at times has not supported Dick as we possibly should/could have...and that could have been due to MM and all the crap last year.  However, the biggest issue is that our offense, historically under Nutt, has not been very favorable for a QB to excel in.  We tend to run conservative routes in tight games, with little options for the QB to check in and out of.   It is also a known fact that QB's get little time in timing drills during practice leading up to opening week, and declining more and more throughout the season.   Nutt's biggest fault to me has always been his disorganization, which is tremendously exposed in practice effeciency, especially after the season gets under way. 

I have witnessed Casey throw very accurate and seems to have the tough moxy about him that Stoerner displayed under center.  It appeared that Casey threw well when relieving MM, which to me was a result of play calling and having nothing to lose mentality.  I also feel that he regressed as the season went along, which plays into the very widely felt theory I discussed. 

Remember, a player...especially QB...will play and reflect the mental thoughts and mood in their play.  If their Head Coach is excited, causing him uncertainty, or disorganized in direction of strategy for the gameplan,.....then the QB will not play with the confidence and relaxed state that they need to.

My Point after all that crap is....Casey's is not a bad QB at all...and I felt in the SC game where he replaced MM, he looked like an All SEC type QB....so he has it in him for sure.

camden5r

Quote from: BartIV on June 06, 2007, 02:30:52 pm
Any QB under Steve Spurrier needs to be watched.
He is not at Florida anymore. True his is a good coach but what has USC east done since he has been there??????

PIGINAPOKE

June 07, 2007, 09:00:04 pm #56 Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 09:02:09 pm by PIGINAPOKE
Quote from: Hogrenderings on June 07, 2007, 08:36:18 pm

HERE - that's his record

I looked thru EVERY passing stat of Every SEC QB from last year and could for the life of me find "Here" as a stat, Or any type of said record?

Most QB'S where "There" on a team sometime last year though? I did see that note. I did compare Bootys stats to Dicks in both of the last two games they played as well as Russells..Don't look.It hurts.

Here ,Here now.

The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

86jacketstchamps

Quote from: blunthog on June 07, 2007, 08:46:21 pm
He is not at Florida anymore. True his is a good coach but what has USC east done since he has been there??????

Gotten better each year it seems, with expectations growing....and they just kicked the crap out of us in recruiting....Oh by the way, anyone been to Columbia, SC lately?   Awesome place to attract recruits!!....for those that havent..that was major sarcasm

bphi11ips

Quote from: ilovepinebluff on June 06, 2007, 02:20:45 pm
Upper Tier:
Woodson
Ainge
Wilson
Flynn

Middle Tier:
Cox
Stafford
Dick
Mitchell
Nickson

Lower Tier
Henig
Schaffer

Unknown
Tebow

Tebow could be a big bust, or All-SEC....who knows

Ainge is the best IMO

Good assessment.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Qbackinman

Quote from: wincrimson on June 06, 2007, 02:13:22 pm
Who'd you pick, out of the 12 current SEC quarterbacks, to QB your team?

I say Matt Flynn of LSU.  Although I must admit, you couldn't go wrong with any of the 12.

What? Even Casey Dick? OMG!

Qbackinman

Quote from: biggiepiggie on June 06, 2007, 03:31:21 pm
Casey Dick going away.

Whew! Now I remember why I quit looking at this crap.

Coondog Hog

June 07, 2007, 11:10:07 pm #61 Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 11:37:45 pm by Coondog Hog
Quote from: PIGINAPOKE on June 07, 2007, 09:00:04 pm
Quote from: Hogrenderings on June 07, 2007, 08:36:18 pm

HERE - that's his record

I looked thru EVERY passing stat of Every SEC QB from last year and could for the life of me find "Here" as a stat, Or any type of said record?

Most QB'S where "There" on a team sometime last year though? I did see that note. I did compare Bootys stats to Dicks in both of the last two games they played as well as Russells..Don't look.It hurts.

Here ,Here now.

Nice little Picture in you signature POKINAPIG.
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

Jazorback

Razorbacking02

1. Andre Woodson
2. Blake Mitchell
3. John Parker Wilson
4. Eric Ainge
5. Matt Stafford
6. Matt Flynn
7. Tim Tebow
8. Bradon Cox.... whatever his first name is
9. Casey Dick
10. Brett Schaffer
11. Vandy's QB
12. MSU's QB

I have really liked Woodson for a long time. For some reason, I thought he graduated last season, but am glad to hear that he will be back for another year. I hope he can lead KU to a bowl game. I also think Blake Mitchell has the potiental to have a monster season, however the "Ole Ball Coach" has a quick trigger when it comes to QBs, so you never know there.JPW, Stafford, and Ainge should be solid QBs due to their experience, but I don't believe any of them have the talent to rise to be anything other then solid. In fact, I don't see really a "great" QB in the SEC. Just a bunch of very good ones.

BartIV

Quote from: 86jacketstchamps on June 07, 2007, 09:08:01 pm

Gotten better each year it seems, with expectations growing....and they just kicked the crap out of us in recruiting....Oh by the way, anyone been to Columbia, SC lately?   Awesome place to attract recruits!!....for those that havent..that was major sarcasm
Just go back and look at the last half of football from last years Arkansas vs. South Carolina game. Their QB was perfection that last half except for the interception.  A beautiful defensive play called by Reggie Herring saved that game.
Anyway, Spurrier knows QB talent, he was even a heisman QB, so just watch and see was their QB does this coming year.

Break & Run

Woodson BY FAR.  He cared a very mediocre Kentucky team from 2 wins to 9 wins.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

GBPackerFan

June 08, 2007, 07:43:19 am #66 Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 08:27:57 am by GBPackerFan
Quote from: BartIV on June 08, 2007, 07:15:12 am
Quote from: 86jacketstchamps on June 07, 2007, 09:08:01 pm

Gotten better each year it seems, with expectations growing....and they just kicked the crap out of us in recruiting....Oh by the way, anyone been to Columbia, SC lately?   Awesome place to attract recruits!!....for those that havent..that was major sarcasm
Just go back and look at the last half of football from last years Arkansas vs. South Carolina game. Their QB was perfection that last half except for the interception.  A beautiful defensive play called by Reggie Herring saved that game.
Anyway, Spurrier knows QB talent, he was even a heisman QB, so just watch and see was their QB does this coming year.
Spurrier worked his QB well in the second half of that game, but their QB didn't tear us up per say.  Every single play was the same, granted it was working extremely well.  He would take a 2-3 step drop and then throw the ball to an out route.  He didn't have to read the defense at all.  It was just 1...2...3...throw the ball over there every time.  Also, Sidney Rice made some of the most incredible catches I have ever seen that day.  But, once again, it obviously worked pretty well on us.

PigWig

Going with Tebow. Look for him to be the next Matt Jones-like player. I don't see him getting drafted as a QB though.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: wincrimson on June 06, 2007, 02:13:22 pm
Who'd you pick, out of the 12 current SEC quarterbacks, to QB your team?

I say Matt Flynn of LSU.  Although I must admit, you couldn't go wrong with any of the 12.

Woodson will be the top rated QB in the SEC this year.
Go Hogs Go!

EastexHawg

He is not at Florida anymore.

Did you see Blake Mitchell shred our defense after coming off the bench last year?

I think Ainge is the most accomplished and should probably be ranked first, but I expect Matt Flynn at LSU to come on strong and actually be a better QB than Jamarcus Russell was last year by the end of the season.

Stafford at Georgia got better and better as the season went on last year and was playing very well against good competition by the end of the season.

I also agree that Wilson from Alabama showed a lot of potential.

Break & Run

Quote from: PigWig on June 08, 2007, 08:17:16 am
Going with Tebow. Look for him to be the next Matt Jones-like player. I don't see him getting drafted as a QB though.

i dont see him having to potential to be drafted at all, maybe a free agent, but not drafted.
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Break & Run

Quote from: EastexHawg on June 08, 2007, 08:38:33 am
He is not at Florida anymore.

Did you see Blake Mitchell shred our defense after coming off the bench last year?

I think Ainge is the most accomplished and should probably be ranked first, but I expect Matt Flynn at LSU to come on strong and actually be a better QB than Jamarcus Russell was last year by the end of the season.

Stafford at Georgia got better and better as the season went on last year and was playing very well against good competition by the end of the season.

I also agree that Wilson from Alabama showed a lot of potential.

Stafford just tore up Auburn, huh? but who didnt? lmao!!

bigbrutha

PigWig

Quote from: hog_fan_08 on June 08, 2007, 08:39:51 am
Quote from: PigWig on June 08, 2007, 08:17:16 am

i dont see him having to potential to be drafted at all, maybe a free agent, but not drafted.
He will be a first round pick by the time all is said and done. I have watched him on film both at Florida and when he was a recruit and I'm telling you, Tebow is the real deal.

If he can develop his arm strength and accuracy more, he would be drafted as the next Michael Vick prototype, dual threat QB in the NFL. If not his athleticism will get him a first round pick regardless.

ColumbianHog

Quote from: woodhog14 on June 06, 2007, 05:56:54 pm
1. Andre Woodson
2. John Parker Wilson
3. Eric Ainge
4. Matt Flynn
5. Tim Tebow
6. Matt Stafford
7. Blake Mitchell
8. Travis Cox...I think that's his first name(Auburn QB)
9. Casey Dick
10. Vandy's QB...name escapes me
11. Brett Schaffer
12. MSU's QB

Here's my take:
1) Erik Ainge, Tennessee                              Injured last season but should put up big numebrs this year after working with David Cutliffe another year.

2) Andre Woodson, Kentucky                        Great passer in Rich Brooks offense.  Look for more big numbers this season.  Kentucky will not be a doormat.

3) Chris Nickson, Vanderbilt                          Bobby Johnson is doing things right in Nashville.  Nickson can throw or run with equal qbility.  If his skill players show up, he could put up big numbers this season.

4) Tim Tebow, Florida                                  He was hand-picked to run Urban Meyers offense.  Remember Alex Smith at Utah?  This guy should be better...and he'll have Florida quality recruits supporting him.

5) Matt Flynn, LSU                                      Can he be another Matt Mauck?  I can't see him being as amazing as JaMarcus Russell...but I don't see him being as inconsistent either.  If he can manage the game and just get the ball to his RBs and WRs then LSU can go a long way.

6) Matthew Stafford, Georgia                        Mark Richt has a great history with QBs.  Stafford took his lumps last season but it will prove to be worth it this season as he makes huge improvements.

7) John Parker Wilson, Alabama             With Nick Saban's "manage the game" offense (see Matt Mauck), Wilson will need to play smart and mistake free.  I would put him higher but think he'll need some time learning the system.

8 ) Blake Mitchell, South Carolina           A Steve Spurrier QB should be ranked higher but I don't think Mitchell can keep his head on straight.  He tends to lose focus in games and I think we'll see Smelley or another QB get a few starts this season.

9) Brandon Cox, Auburn                      He has experience.  He should be able to manage the game for Auburn.  But he hasn't shown me anything to warrant rating him higher than a Spurrier QB.

10) Casey Dick, Arkansas                   After missing spring practice last year he didn't show much in the games he played.  Has the potential to be the most improved QB in the SEC if David Lee can give him quality coaching.

11) Matt(?) Henig, Mississippi State     He's not the recruit Croom needs to rebuild this program.  He's done a passable job while Croom fills the other positions but don't expect him to lead them to a winning season.

12) Brent Shaeffer, Ole Miss               Decent dual threat QB but doesn't tend to make very good decisions on the field.  Cajun coach will need to bring in a better recruit if Ole Miss is to go anywhere.

I feel that a few of these QBs could be moved up or down a spot easily.  The middle is muddled.  If the KY or Vandy QBs played on better teams I think they would be great.  Especially Woodson.  The candidates for most improved will be Dick and Stafford.

Criskahta

As much as it pains me...Tebow will be the one this year...

Side note: Stafford will flop...

Swino

Dick HAS to be in the lower tier based on last years performance.  He was awful.  There is a good chance that DMac will get as many snaps as Casey this year.

cresentcitycouchon

Quote from: Ouachihog on June 06, 2007, 02:32:44 pm
Upper Tier:
Woodson
Ainge
Wilson
Flynn

Middle Tier:
Cox
Stafford
Dick
Mitchell
Nickson

Lower Tier
Henig
Schaffer

Unknown
Tebow

Ainge is the best IMO

Took the words right out of my mouth.  I agree that Tebow is unproven.  He won't have the advantage of sitting on the sideline wearing a headset this year during obvious passing situations.  I don't think we can rank Flynn in the upper tier quite yet though.  We are basing a lot off one start.  Yes he played well against Miami in the bowl game, but how will he do throughout the course of an entire season? 

Like you said, Ainge is the best right now. 

Good points on Flynn. This guy has come off the bench primarily in"mop up duty" with out the out come of games being on the line. His only real accomplishment was getting to prepare an entire month as a starter against a Miami team that we all now know was in decline...I don't get the love for this guy...he's yet to QB his team for 12 straight weeks thru an 8 game SEC slate...that's difficult to do week-in, week-out...I see LSU as no better than 6-2 in SEC play with him under center. You heard it hear first...

cbjagman

Quote from: BigDeal on June 06, 2007, 02:16:31 pm
Said it before and will say it again : Casey Dick will really surprise a lot of people this year. Your "Best SEC QB" may very well be right under your nose.
I sure hope you're right; however, I'll save my lunch money and not place it on CD as being the best either this year or next.

I BLEED RBack RED

Upper Tier:
Woodson
Ainge
Wilson
Flynn

Middle Tier:
Cox
Stafford
Dick
Mitchell
Nickson

Lower Tier
Henig
Schaffer

Unknown
Tebow

Ainge is the best IMO

+1...BRILLIANT!
The 3 things I can't live without are family, my razorbacks, and beer (not in any particular order).

GBPackerFan

Quote from: Swino on June 08, 2007, 09:36:51 am
Dick HAS to be in the lower tier based on last years performance.  He was awful.  There is a good chance that DMac will get as many snaps as Casey this year.
So I am assuming that you believe that Mustain would be in the lower tier too, right?  Ya know, since his performance was about the same as CD's.  But I do believe that DMac will be getting probably too many snaps this season.

Tammany Tom

Quote from: cresentcitycouchon on June 08, 2007, 11:27:29 am
Good points on Flynn. This guy has come off the bench primarily in"mop up duty" with out the out come of games being on the line. His only real accomplishment was getting to prepare an entire month as a starter against a Miami team that we all now know was in decline...I don't get the love for this guy...he's yet to QB his team for 12 straight weeks thru an 8 game SEC slate...that's difficult to do week-in, week-out...I see LSU as no better than 6-2 in SEC play with him under center. You heard it hear first...

We all heard the exact same argument on D.J. Shockley of Georgia too. Let's see Shockley sits on bench for 3 years behind David Greene and comes in for mop-up duty and an occassional series in games in question for those 3 years. I remember watching Shockley play in 2003 and 2004 and saying that Georgia was dead with Greene gone in 2005. All Shockley did his senior year was lead the SEC in passing efficiency and led Georgia to the 2005 SEC Championship.

Miami may have declined over the past several years, but when LSU played Miami in the 2005 Peach Bowl, Miami had the number 1 ranked defense in the country going into that game and was ranked #8 in the polls. I read countless posts on this board and on other SEC boards saying how LSU was going to get killed in the Peach Bowl with a back-up QB under center. Well.......all that back-up did was lead LSU to a 40-3 butt-kicking of Miami and was named MVP of the game.

311Hog

Quote from: GBPackerFan on June 08, 2007, 01:24:57 pm
So I am assuming that you believe that Mustain would be in the lower tier too, right?  Ya know, since his performance was about the same as CD's.  But I do believe that DMac will be getting probably too many snaps this season.

You are obsessing.

Hogrenderings

June 08, 2007, 01:40:03 pm #83 Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 01:44:44 pm by Hogrenderings

Thanks for your support!!!!  No doubt LSU, Alabama, Auburn, etc. could do as well encouraging the Hogs.  Being a fan is kind of like being part of the family.  Now there's no sense in saying Uncle Fester is pretty, but it doesn't have to be said that he's ugly. 

And I do believe that Casey Dick will have an outstanding year.  Look at the improvement between Stoerners' sophomore and junior years.  Why is currently so "enlightened" on this forum to diss our Hogs?  That's just awful, and I don't care who does it.  It shouldn't be done.  On here it's popular to gripe as much as possible about coaches, the AD, play-calling, and even trash our Hogs.  That's not fan support; that's tearing down.

cresentcitycouchon

June 08, 2007, 03:05:06 pm #84 Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 03:20:04 pm by cresentcitycouchon
Quote from: Tammany Tom on June 08, 2007, 01:26:58 pm
Quote from: cresentcitycouchon on June 08, 2007, 11:27:29 am

We all heard the exact same argument on D.J. Shockley of Georgia too. Let's see Shockley sits on bench for 3 years behind David Greene and comes in for mop-up duty and an occassional series in games in question for those 3 years. I remember watching Shockley play in 2003 and 2004 and saying that Georgia was dead with Greene gone in 2005. All Shockley did his senior year was lead the SEC in passing efficiency and led Georgia to the 2005 SEC Championship.

Miami may have declined over the past several years, but when LSU played Miami in the 2005 Peach Bowl, Miami had the number 1 ranked defense in the country going into that game and was ranked #8 in the polls. I read countless posts on this board and on other SEC boards saying how LSU was going to get killed in the Peach Bowl with a back-up QB under center. Well.......all that back-up did was lead LSU to a 40-3 butt-kicking of Miami and was named MVP of the game.

well, i went and checked the box scores...Shockley played quite a bit more than Flynn will have played going into his final season...in 2004 Shockley attempted 60 passes, connected on 26 for 465 yds...rushed for another  182(net 113). Last year, Flynn attempted 20 passes, connected on 12 for 133 yards..so, Shockley got a significant amount more PT prior to his 1 starting season vs, Flynn. He also  played in tight games against TN and GA Tech in '04...

With regard to Miami, they picked up where they left off in the Peach Bowl at the end of '05...everyone had their way with them in '06...hence, no more Coker. you can't over look that he's attempted a grand total of 72 passes since his career began four years ago in 2003. 22 of those passes were in his one and only start against Miami!  He attempted 4 passes in 2004, 48 in '05, and 20 last year...I just need to see him week in week out with games on the line against 8 diiferent SEC schools is all i'm saying..

ALLVOL

I hope Nutt listens to you when they play UT! I hope they give the ball to ANYONE else besides #5 when they come to Ktown. PLEASE, PLEASE coach Nutt, do what this guys wants!!!!!!

GBPackerFan

Quote from: ALLVOL on June 08, 2007, 03:15:07 pm

I hope Nutt listens to you when they play UT! I hope they give the ball to ANYONE else besides #5 when they come to Ktown. PLEASE, PLEASE coach Nutt, do what this guys wants!!!!!!
The Wildcat is not going to work as well as it did last season.  It isn't "brand new" anymore, and defenses will be able to handle it a little better.  But DMac will probably be taking more snaps this season, which in turn means that he will be getting hit more, which will also correlate to him being more susceptible to injury.  Nutt has a tendency to pick a player and run him into the ground by overusing him and then they can't even play a full season, and I am hoping that that does not happen to DMac.  If you aren't smart enough to realize that, then...well you are a Tenn fan...so nevermind.

Swino

Just where in the hell did you see me mention anything about Mitch Mustain in my post?? Stop "assuming" and start thinking.

ALLVOL

Quote from: GBPackerFan on June 08, 2007, 03:18:49 pm

The Wildcat is not going to work as well as it did last season.  It isn't "brand new" anymore, and defenses will be able to handle it a little better.  But DMac will probably be taking more snaps this season, which in turn means that he will be getting hit more, which will also correlate to him being more susceptible to injury.  Nutt has a tendency to pick a player and run him into the ground by overusing him and then they can't even play a full season, and I am hoping that that does not happen to DMac.  If you aren't smart enough to realize that, then...well you are a Tenn fan...so nevermind.

You can say what you want and that's fine by me. But I do know this. McFadden is a beast and gives the hogs the best chance to win when the ball is in his hands. As far as the wild cat not working as well? I thought that by the time UT came to Arky that we would be ready for it, I was wrong. The only people who stopped #5 all year was the coaching staff at Arky.

ilovepinebluff

Quote from: ALLVOL on June 08, 2007, 03:25:08 pm

You can say what you want and that's fine by me. But I do know this. McFadden is a beast and gives the hogs the best chance to win when the ball is in his hands. As far as the wild cat not working as well? I thought that by the time UT came to Arky that we would be ready for it, I was wrong. The only people who stopped #5 all year was the coaching staff at Arky.

You know what is sad guys? A vol fan is giving our team and players more respect than we are.

ALLVOL

BTW, everyone who played ARKY last year knew who was getting the ball. We just couldn't stop him. I went to ARKY for the game last year and watched in horror as UT had 8 to 10 guys in the box and he still treated us like a Korean house made.

Swino

Quote from: Hogrenderings on June 08, 2007, 01:40:03 pm

Thanks for your support!!!!  No doubt LSU, Alabama, Auburn, etc. could do as well encouraging the Hogs.  Being a fan is kind of like being part of the family.  Now there's no sense in saying Uncle Fester is pretty, but it doesn't have to be said that he's ugly. 

And I do believe that Casey Dick will have an outstanding year.  Look at the improvement between Stoerners' sophomore and junior years.  Why is currently so "enlightened" on this forum to diss our Hogs?  That's just awful, and I don't care who does it.  It shouldn't be done.  On here it's popular to gripe as much as possible about coaches, the AD, play-calling, and even trash our Hogs.  That's not fan support; that's tearing down.

Excuse me while I step out of reality and into your world. 

Why is it taboo to tell the truth to some of you folks?  I like CD and I really wanted him to do well last year, but he didn't.  He was AWFUL.  It isn't called being enlightened, its called reality.  It isn't fun realizing and saying the truth about him last year and realizing that he more than likely won't be very good this year either.  Yet you think unless I annoint him the next Joe Montana, I'm not supporting the hogs and am not a fan of the Hogs.  Shame on you.

I'll call it like I see it and I'm every bit as much as a Hog fan as you.

Now, back to reality....

GBPackerFan

Quote from: ALLVOL on June 08, 2007, 03:27:02 pm

BTW, everyone who played ARKY last year knew who was getting the ball. We just couldn't stop him. I went to ARKY for the game last year and watched in horror as UT had 8 to 10 guys in the box and he still treated us like a Korean house made.
I agree. DMac is a beast and will break through just about anything.  But the difference b/w this coming season and last season was that teams were only having a week to prepare for it last year.  This season, they have more than enough time to at least look at it a little more closely.  I am not saying that the Wildcat is not going to work next season...I am just saying that it is not going to be as successful.  And I am not saying take the ball out of DMac's hands out all, but I don't know if it would be a good thing if he was touching the ball 75% of every game.  He will get injured that way.

GBPackerFan

Quote from: Swino on June 08, 2007, 03:20:20 pm

Just where in the hell did you see me mention anything about Mitch Mustain in my post?? Stop "assuming" and start thinking.
You logic is: "based on last years performance" he is not going to do well next season.  All I said was, by your logic Mustain would not do well either.  Just going by what you wrote.  Was it a poor "assumption" to assume that your logic would apply to everyone...except Mustain?

Hogrenderings

Quote from: GBPackerFan on June 08, 2007, 03:59:36 pm
Quote from: Swino on June 08, 2007, 03:20:20 pm

You logic is: "based on last years performance" he is not going to do well next season.  All I said was, by your logic Mustain would not do well either.  Just going by what you wrote.  Was it a poor "assumption" to assume that your logic would apply to everyone...except Mustain?

Good points

The Hog

McFadden when needed which may be more than anticipated and the best in the SEC.
Automatic RUN!

HeathWimp

Quote from: BigDeal on June 06, 2007, 02:16:31 pm
Said it before and will say it again : Casey Dick will really surprise a lot of people this year. Your "Best SEC QB" may very well be right under your nose.

Nothing but love, BigDeal.  Love and vomit.
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

hogfan064

Those of you who said Mitchell don't know the guy.  He's got a bad habit of smoking pot and has a terrible work ethic.  Have you ever seen this guy give an interview?  Not exactly the type guy you want leading a huddle.  He was a 4 star coming out of Highschool, but without Spurrier he would be nothing.   Look for Stephen Garcia to get some playing time this year,  the guy is the future of the Cock N Fire offense even if he did key a car this past year. 

Dwight_K_Shrute

Before I make my assessment can anyone break down which SEC teams used Ladders, which used Saw Horses and which used Giraffes during spring drills.  You have to take this into consideration.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Bama Possum

Well, preseason predictions are always wrong, but I'll throw in my opinion.

1. Woodson- Kentucky will have good numbers and he still has his receivers. Most folks forget that receivers can make or break a QB.

2. JPW- Not homerism. JPW broke all the Alabama passing records last years as a sophmore. That includes Joe Namath, Bart Starr, Brodie Croyle, Mike Shula, and Kenny Stabler. None of those guys played in wishbone either. D.J. Hall, Keith Brown, Matt Caddell, Nikita Stover, and now Earl Alexander and Brandon Gibson make up one heck of a receiving corps. Add to that a more experienced and bigger o-line and Major Applewhite as the new OC and QB guru. Wilson could really shine this season. He is a gamer that makes few mistakes. As long as he stays healthy and the running backs pull their weight, Bama's O should be tough this season.

3. Flynn- I watched the 2005 Sugar Bowl. If he can do that consistently, he is going to do mighty well.

4. Ainge- Ainge is capable of tearing a D apart...AS LONG as he isn't pressured. Ainge is a fruitbasket under pressure. Joe Kines gave him fits last year. If enough DC's watch last year's films, Ainge will suffer.

5. Stafford- Jury is still out as far as consistency, but he has all the tools.

6. Tebow- Semi-unknown, but he is one of the most athletic QB's out there. Myer's system will have him running as much as passing. He will either boom or bust, but he has the size to project well.

7. Cox- Cox has had moments of greatness, and he has had rough times as well. I admire the fact that he has worked through a very tough disease to compete at the SEC level, but I also wonder if it is responsible for his slow recovery time. He also has a very young O-line protecting him. He is a pocket passer primarily and needs time to throw. ALSO, Auburn's receiving corps is not what it was two years ago when his numbers were so good. There is no Obamanu or Aromashadu or even Tyler to go to. Simon says lots of play action and try to get the running game to carry the weight.

The rest seem to be more questionable as to where they stand with me right now. Spurrier will do well with whoever he ends up starting. Nutt will hand off to McFadden and Jones.  Croom will go through QB's like skittles. Nickson doesn't have the supporting cast at Vandy to truly shine. Orgeron will still have Shaeffer...nuff said.