Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who's your top SEC QB?

Started by wincrimson, June 06, 2007, 02:13:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wincrimson

Who'd you pick, out of the 12 current SEC quarterbacks, to QB your team?

I say Matt Flynn of LSU.  Although I must admit, you couldn't go wrong with any of the 12.

cityhog

Mitch Mustain!!!!

oh, wait a minute....never mind.

UhOhioHog

Blake Mitchell, if you can keep him out of bar fights!

LordStanleysHog

I think it's Woodson from Kentucky, from there it could be Stafford, Tebow, or even Wilson.

BigDeal

Said it before and will say it again : Casey Dick will really surprise a lot of people this year. Your "Best SEC QB" may very well be right under your nose.

King-Tusk

"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.

311Hog

Quote from: BigDeal on June 06, 2007, 02:16:31 pm
Said it before and will say it again : Casey Dick will really surprise a lot of people this year. Your "Best SEC QB" may very well be right under your nose.

rofl Bigshill is in overdrive today.

I like JP Wilson from bama that kid has something, or Stafford/Woodson.

ALLVOL

What about Ainge? He had the highest passing % in the conf last year and was second only to Russell overall rating and that is after missing almost 3 games.

ilovepinebluff

June 06, 2007, 02:20:45 pm #8 Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 02:25:52 pm by ilovepinebluff
Upper Tier:
Woodson
Ainge
Wilson
Flynn

Middle Tier:
Cox
Stafford
Dick
Mitchell
Nickson

Lower Tier
Henig
Schaffer

Unknown
Tebow

Tebow could be a big bust, or All-SEC....who knows

Ainge is the best IMO

noprayerfornutt

softserve

Stafford.  He had a full year as a Frosh.  Richt really stuck with that kid through ups and downs.  I was seriously impressed by his bowl performance last year.
Don't sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff.

oldman1015

hang in there rick.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

Gushugger

You have got to be kidding me.  Are you talking about the same Casey Dick that was joked about by the CBS commentators at the end of the LSU game?  Mr. Alligator arms?  You're nuts 

My pick is Matthew Stafford.  He turned it on in his last few games.  He was rocky in the beginning but after some experience he turned it up a notch.  I wish our coach realized that you have to play a new QB through his ups and downs.  And by the way.  Casey Dick will never make the throws like the one that won the Bama game.  It's just not in him.  Sorry.

go hogues

Homer post of the day.
How can Dick be the SEC top QB next year when DMAC will be under center half the time?
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

LordStanleysHog

lay off the guy... I'm not about call Dick one of the top 3 QB's in the SEC but we really haven't seen him after he's gone through Spring and Summer Practice.  He was thrown in there straight from the cupboard his frosh. season and then last season he didn't go through spring or pre-season workouts due to injury.  Now if after all this he still isn't worth silver dollar then okay but until then I think he deserves the chance to prove us wrong.

BartIV

Any QB under Steve Spurrier needs to be watched.

hog.goblin

Quote from: ilovepinebluff on June 06, 2007, 02:20:45 pm
Upper Tier:
Woodson
Ainge
Wilson
Flynn

Middle Tier:
Cox
Stafford
Dick
Mitchell
Nickson

Lower Tier
Henig
Schaffer

Unknown
Tebow

Ainge is the best IMO

you nailed it.  +1

Ouachihog

Upper Tier:
Woodson
Ainge
Wilson
Flynn

Middle Tier:
Cox
Stafford
Dick
Mitchell
Nickson

Lower Tier
Henig
Schaffer

Unknown
Tebow

Ainge is the best IMO

Took the words right out of my mouth.  I agree that Tebow is unproven.  He won't have the advantage of sitting on the sideline wearing a headset this year during obvious passing situations.  I don't think we can rank Flynn in the upper tier quite yet though.  We are basing a lot off one start.  Yes he played well against Miami in the bowl game, but how will he do throughout the course of an entire season? 

Like you said, Ainge is the best right now. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

Ouachihog

Quote from: LordStanleysHog on June 06, 2007, 02:29:28 pm
lay off the guy... I'm not about call Dick one of the top 3 QB's in the SEC but we really haven't seen him after he's gone through Spring and Summer Practice.  He was thrown in there straight from the cupboard his frosh. season and then last season he didn't go through spring or pre-season workouts due to injury.  Now if after all this he still isn't worth silver dollar then okay but until then I think he deserves the chance to prove us wrong.

You're right.  I also remember how much Stoerner improved between his soph and junior year.  Casey isn't getting a fair shake from most of our fans b/c his is associated with HDN and with Mitch's competition.  If you take away the Malzahn and Mustain stuff, Casey would have much more favor and patience from our fans.  I think he will improve significantly this year.  I hope so. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

TheNuttlessFrontier

The guy at Bama.  I love his saavy for the game.  He reminds me a lot of Clint Stoerner only with more ability to make plays running the ball.  Saban will win a lot of football games with that QB.

go hogues

You're right.  I do hope he proves us wrong. 
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Gushugger

So what is Casey Dick's overall record?

Silver Hog

Quote from: cityhog on June 06, 2007, 02:15:09 pm
Mitch Mustain!!!!

oh, wait a minute....never mind.

I'm with him.

hawgaramus

Upper Tier:
Woodson
Ainge
Wilson
Flynn

Middle Tier:
Cox
Stafford
Dick
Mitchell
Nickson

Lower Tier
Henig
Schaffer

Unknown
Tebow

Ainge is the best IMO

I don't know if I'd put Wilson in the upper tier yet.  He looks like he's going to be good, but I'd stick him in the middle tier right now.  Ainge is hands down the best QB in the conference right now.  He's got the physical tools, and the experience to back it up now.  He's going to have a good season.

LordStanleysHog

wayneslane

I think Dick will be a great QB as well. I hate Nutt, but I think the kid has serious talent. He and Mustain looked about the same last year. I think Mustain would be better, but again I don't think either would do good with the same offense Nutt always runs. So if things actually do change witch I doubt they do. Dick could very well be the best in the SEC this year.

Smokehouse

Quote from: go hogues on June 06, 2007, 02:27:21 pm
Homer post of the day.
How can Dick be the SEC top QB next year when DMAC will be under center half the time?

I was about to say DMac and then you had to go and beat me to the sarcastic comment.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

cosmodrum

Tebow will be a thrill to watch, as he was many times last year.

Best prototypical QB? Probably Ainge, maybe Wilson.
Go away, batin'

hopefullyapathetic

He's also had another year under the "development" of Coach Nutt.  Call it a wash and say it will be about like last year.

Coondog Hog

Quote from: Gushugger on June 06, 2007, 03:01:16 pm
So what is Casey Dick's overall record?

If you are against everything Razorback since MM, DW and GM left why are you still on here derailing everyone elses thread? 

Casey Dick did not run anyone off he deserves our support as much as Mcfadden does.
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

Silver Hog

Quote from: wayneslane on June 06, 2007, 03:08:54 pm
I think Dick will be a great QB as well. I hate Nutt, but I think the kid has serious talent. He and Mustain looked about the same last year. I think Mustain would be better, but again I don't think either would do good with the same offense Nutt always runs. So if things actually do change witch I doubt they do. Dick could very well be the best in the SEC this year.

So what you are really saying is that if nothing changes, Dick will be mediocre as he was the year before?

LJHOG

Ainge is probably the best or maybe Flynn.  But, the kid at bama took that hit from Butu and got back up.  Showed me something.

go hogues

Quote from: Smokehouse on June 06, 2007, 03:11:18 pm
Quote from: go hogues on June 06, 2007, 02:27:21 pm
Homer post of the day.

I was about to say DMac and then you had to go and beat me to the sarcastic comment.
;D

TheNuttlessFrontier

Quote from: wayneslane on June 06, 2007, 03:08:54 pm

What evidence to you have to support such an opinion?  First of all, HDN has shown he cannot develop QB's.  Secondly, Casey Dick has not shown anything that resembles "greatness" or that suggests he "could very well be the best in the SEC this year."

Now I do believe that we still haven't seen the best of Casey Dick.  I'm in the minority when I think that Casey will be an improved player but to suggest that he might possibly be better than "steady" is quite absurd.

I hope you're right, but I just don't see that happening.

biggiepiggie

Teebow62

I'm guessing whoever put Ainge or Stafford up top watched too many highlights and not enough games. They were flops last year.

tophawg19

no casey isn't going away . this kid has good fundamentals and is a good qb. you haven't seen him play with a full fall so how the hell can you say anything about him . this attacking our players is B.S . he has been hurt in both spring and fall practices this is the first time he will be healthy all the way through . a back injury affects the way a qb. throws . so you can't say you've seen casey at 100% . say what you want ant HDN he's earned it but this attacking our players should cause some posters to get run. i don't mind the general negitive comment if it's based on fact. but this stupid he can't play because he's not mitch BS needs to be stopped.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

ALLVOL

Quote from: Teebow62 on June 06, 2007, 05:00:35 pm
I'm guessing whoever put Ainge or Stafford up top watched too many highlights and not enough games. They were flops last year.

Ainge a flop? Ok, put the pipe down and step away. Remember, crack is not a vegitable...

bigyellowdog

I am going to say Ainge.  But I really hope it is Casey before the season is over.

razorbass

Casey Dick will supprise allot of us this year!!!!

HOGINTENNESSEE

Woodson hands down, then Ainge.

woodhog14

June 06, 2007, 05:56:54 pm #41 Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 06:06:17 pm by woodhog14
1. Andre Woodson
2. John Parker Wilson
3. Eric Ainge
4. Matt Flynn
5. Tim Tebow
6. Matt Stafford
7. Blake Mitchell
8. Travis Cox...I think that's his first name(Auburn QB)
9. Casey Dick
10. Vandy's QB...name escapes me
11. Brett Schaffer
12. MSU's QB

351hog

Flynn this year.  Stafford the following year.

hogwiddow

Going off of last year's stats, it would be a no-brainer to pick the only SEC QB to go 8-0.....but, ooops, my bad, he is NOT in the SEC anymore.........

slopinhogs

i am picking Casey because i know David Lee can do miracles with QB"S and so do you. a little sarcasm here :razorback:

GO HOGS WOO PIG
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

bxw21

Robert Johnson!!!!!!  I think.

usnavyhogfan

The dream is free, the journey is not.

bxw21

Is it Brandon Cox, woodhog?  I can't remember either.

Tammany Tom

Quote from: woodhog14 on June 06, 2007, 05:56:54 pm
1. Andre Woodson
2. John Parker Wilson
3. Eric Ainge
4. Matt Flynn
5. Tim Tebow
6. Matt Stafford
7. Blake Mitchell
8. Travis Cox...I think that's his first name(Auburn QB)
9. Casey Dick
10. Vandy's QB...name escapes me
11. Brett Schaffer
12. MSU's QB

I think you hit it about as close as anyone has.

-----------

For the posters mentioning Casey Dick: I think that supporting your team's players is a wonderful quality, but for anyone to suggest that Casey Dick is one of the best QB's in the SEC is like some of the idiotic posters on tigerdroppings saying that they would rather have Jacob Hester at RB then McFadden.  Pure stupidity. Need I mention 3-17 for 29 yards in one of the biggest games of the year for you guys.

Hogs-n-Roses

John Parker Wilson/ Ainge, depends on who gets the support.