Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is the BIG 12 in Arkansas' future now that Broyles is retiring?

Started by rink6670, June 05, 2007, 01:01:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Albert Einswine

Quote from: BUCCANEER FAN on June 06, 2007, 01:34:42 pm
It seems more likely that you fans that are against the move to the big 12, are more prideful and worrying what the nation will think instead of what the big 12 program will accomplish.Even if arkansas was to accept the move and get laughed at for the move (its not our problem broyles made the wrong move to the sec) it wouldn't be to much more of a difference being laughed at now since arkansas is now in the history books as a joke university to the nation.Arakansas has been in the sec, and couldn't get it done in 15 years. You look at these schools in football in the sec that haven't gotten it done in decades or even 100 years? I don't know about you but i wouldn't want to wait 100 years to figure out that arkansas isn't going to accomplish nothing when there could be rivalries,championships,bcs bowl games, high rankings, and respect in all of the Big XII sports.I don't think to much would change in  the big 12 with the sports programs arkansas would compete and win the games.Im sorry you all want to stay in a cellar like state in the sec every year, thats understandable , but there is other oppertunities and if arkansas ever gets the chioce to move to the big 12 then im all for it.

*note: the big 12 is the 2nd best conference in the country, why are you all putting sun belt, ivy league and swc with the big 12 that could own any of those schools? I know you people are upset, but get your story straight!! ;)

Florida hadn't accomplished much of anything until Spurrier came back home.  Tennessee hadn't won a Title since the '50s.  Auburn hasn't since '57.   Georgia hasn't since '80.  LSU won their 1st since the late '50s in 2004.

By your logic they should have left the SEC,  too.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

BUCCANEER FAN

June 06, 2007, 01:42:47 pm #151 Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 01:59:30 pm by BUCCANEER FAN
Quote from: Albert Einswine on June 06, 2007, 01:38:59 pm
Quote from: BUCCANEER FAN on June 06, 2007, 01:34:42 pm
It seems more likely that you fans that are against the move to the big 12, are more prideful and worrying what the nation will think instead of what the big 12 program will accomplish.Even if arkansas was to accept the move and get laughed at for the move (its not our problem broyles made the wrong move to the sec) it wouldn't be to much more of a difference being laughed at now since arkansas is now in the history books as a joke university to the nation.Arakansas has been in the sec, and couldn't get it done in 15 years. You look at these schools in football in the sec that haven't gotten it done in decades or even 100 years? I don't know about you but i wouldn't want to wait 100 years to figure out that arkansas isn't going to accomplish nothing when there could be rivalries,championships,bcs bowl games, high rankings, and respect in all of the Big XII sports.I don't think to much would change in  the big 12 with the sports programs arkansas would compete and win the games.Im sorry you all want to stay in a cellar like state in the sec every year, thats understandable , but there is other oppertunities and if arkansas ever gets the chioce to move to the big 12 then im all for it.

*note: the big 12 is the 2nd best conference in the country, why are you all putting sun belt, ivy league and swc with the big 12 that could own any of those schools? I know you people are upset, but get your story straight!! ;)

Florida hadn't accomplished much of anything until Spurrier came back home.  Tennessee hadn't won a Title since the '50s.  Auburn hasn't since '57.   Georgia hasn't since '80.  LSU won their 1st since the late '50s in 2004.

By your logic they should have left the SEC,  too.

FunnY!!! You know exactly what im talking about, vandy-ole miss- msu-south carolina!! Everyone knows about the teams you are displaying have won titles, why you bringing that up?

No it just shows me that the sec is much more difficult to win in, these powerhouse teams took years to win NC title games, and arkansas so no different in having difficulty in the big games even the SECCG. It just tells me arkansas is in for a long-long-long period of getting no where.Im no traitor to sec, but knowing from these records how long its going to take, is extremely scary to me, when arkansas itself can be doing better somewhere else.And when the sec doesn't give you respect for your team or the other cellar teams then it just shows you its not worth the effort playing in the sec.

DickSonstreetDFW

Quote from: KU JAYHAWG FAN on June 06, 2007, 07:22:17 am
All you a$$ sucking broyles fans of the sec, just love to be a mediocre team and stay 8th or 9th place every year.I keep hearing this "OH WE ARE ON VERGE" and"IF WE HAD BETTER COACHES" horse crap. Ive heard that crap for years and still nothing.I would rather be in the big 12, ivy league, or another conference then be the laughing stock of the nation every dang year.This entire sec thang is a mistake that broyles made years ago.If arkansas makes all this money in the sec, why dont we see any big time recruits coming to arkansas? they would rather be living off the sec funds thats all its about. You people just stay with your beloved sec and suck tit like you have done for 15 years now for whatever good it will do.I wouldn't give a pile of horse-crap for broyles or nutt, i would fire them on the spot or for the sec for that matter. You lame ass people can stay in your precious sec and be dumba$$e$. I certainly would expect this out of arkansas fans, they would  rather be power hungry than win games and championships. No wonder arkansas is in turmoil, you all caused it and earned it!! GO BIG XII- DOWN WITH THE SEC, I SPIT ON YA!! GO TULSA-GO USC!!!   
Kansas Sucks.

arkyvol

i posted a thread not long ago that contained a thread from the texas a & m forum.  if you don't recall, by far the majority of the sentiments expressed was an enviousness for where arkansas was, the s.e.c.  if one of the bedrock schools of the big 12 wishes they were where we are, that should tell you something about how wonderful life is where they are at.

slopinhogs

we are better suited for the SEC with our recruiting area. I'm not sure ark could play Minnesota this week Michigan next week Michigan state the next week Ohio state the next week then Notre dame for a rest then Iowa and Indiana and Missouri. 4 pansy tune up games won't get you ready for the big twelve there is no east and west and you play them all every year. they are bruising games and I'm not saying the guys in the SEC aren't tough we have proved in bowl games that we can or at least Florida Tennessee and LSU have

but they haven't played that many tough games all year though :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

Dr Swineglove

The Big XII vs the SEC debate is like the debate between 'less filling' and 'tastes great.'
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

BUCCANEER FAN

Quote from: arkyvol on June 06, 2007, 01:53:19 pm
i posted a thread not long ago that contained a thread from the texas a & m forum.  if you don't recall, by far the majority of the sentiments expressed was an enviousness for where arkansas was, the s.e.c.  if one of the bedrock schools of the big 12 wishes they were where we are, that should tell you something about how wonderful life is where they are at.
Quote from: arkyvol on June 06, 2007, 01:53:19 pm

That maybe true, and in 15 years or less, they will be wishing on a star that they never got into the sec from the pounding they will get when Texas a&m is hung out to dry by every team in the sec.

football-writer

I got the solution...combine the two...create the first SUPER Conference...call it the Big South   The SEC winner plays the Big XII winner in the championship game...that team gets an automatic bid to the NC game
Bobby Petrino...putting fear into opposing SEC coaches one recruit at a time

King-Tusk

Quote from: football-writer on June 06, 2007, 02:07:32 pm
I got the solution...combine the two...create the first SUPER Conference...call it the Big South   The SEC winner plays the Big XII winner in the championship game...that team gets an automatic bid to the NC game

Problem solved.   :)
"You're talkin to my man all wrong.  It's the wrong tone.  Do it again and I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Arkansas is expected to go 3-0 in the Sun Belt this season. The Hogs had only one other spot to add a Sun Belt team, but filled that nonconference spot with Division I-AA Chattanooga for War Memorial Stadium in October.