Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Now that the hogs are out, who are you pulling for to go the distance?

Started by demonHOG1013, June 04, 2007, 01:16:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

demonHOG1013

I think Mississippi State is playing great baseball right now and has good shot at winning it all. Its all about who gets hot at the right time. Beating FSU twice is impressive.

dakpowers

Any team in the SEC. Or, Oklahoma State. I hate the school but it wouldn't be so bad if they went on to win it all.

STRILE

OSU.  It never hurts to have the team that put you out take the title.  Made me feel better when Texas did.
"Strile is critical to Hogville.  He accounts for 0.00077% of all posts"  anonymous moderator

Hawgballz

The team that I have believed all year was the best in the nation, Vanderbilt.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

kitshicker

BigDave70

"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant

Break & Run

I actually have to agreewith Strile on something.  OSU is playing the best ball right now, they'll go to the CWS and hopefully at lest make it to the championship round.  Arkansas seems to lose to the eventual national champions ALL THE TIME!!!  First, Florida in football, then Florida in basketball, then either Vandy or OSU in baseball...go figure! Arkansas plays some tough post season teams!!!
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

STRILE

Quote from: hog_fan_08 on June 04, 2007, 01:31:05 pm
I actually have to agreewith Strile on something.  OSU is playing the best ball right now, they'll go to the CWS and hopefully at lest make it to the championship round.  Arkansas seems to lose to the eventual national champions ALL THE TIME!!!  First, Florida in football, then Florida in basketball, then either Vandy or OSU in baseball...go figure! Arkansas plays some tough post season teams!!!
You ACTUALLY have to agree with Strile on SOMETHING.  Am I that bad today?  I thought we agreed a lot.  Maybe I have just gone off the deep end.  Somebody throw me a line.
"Strile is critical to Hogville.  He accounts for 0.00077% of all posts"  anonymous moderator

Break & Run

lol, no, we were just always arguing about baseball omons and all. that's all.
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

BigDave70

"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant

TouchdownRazrbcks

mikeb

Whoever the biggest underdog is at all times during the tourney

BigDave70

coach, my back hurts

I hate to say this, but i agree with Strile for the 2nd time ever.  What the hell is going on.LOL!

I will cheer for, in order......
OSU
--1a OleMiss
--1b SCAR------I like both teams equally.
ASU
Vandy
UCIrvine
I wouldnt mind seeing Lafeyette either

resqnu911

I'd like to see osu and vandy play for the title..with vandy winning...best of both worlds as fars as being eliminated in sec championship and regional by the two best teams in baseball...

STRILE

Quote from: coach, my back hurts on June 04, 2007, 06:18:10 pm
I hate to say this, but i agree with Strile for the 2nd time ever.  What the hell is going on.LOL!

I will cheer for, in order......
OSU
--1a OleMiss
--1b SCAR------I like both teams equally.
ASU
Vandy
UCIrvine
I wouldnt mind seeing Lafeyette either
Maybe it's true love.  They say opposites attract.

litmachog

Well I was going to pull for Vandy but they dropped out like the Hogs.  I can't allow myself to root for a Mississippi team first so I'll start by cheering for South Carolina and then the Miss. schools.  Right behind them will be Ok st.

Vandyhog4

Hogs...out.  Vandy...out.  Now I'm for any SEC team or Clemson.   

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Since 1894

Ole Miss vs South Carolina for the Championship.

2 SEC schools playing for the NC.
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

kitshicker

Since Vandy didn't make it, I'll revise my pick to any sec school.

Arkapigdiesel

Mississippi State, Ole Miss, or South Carolina since they are the remaining SEC teams left.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

Since 1894

Quote from: PBD on June 05, 2007, 09:25:24 am
Mississippi State or South Carolina since they are the only two remaining SEC teams left.

Ole Miss got out of their regional didn't they?
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: Since 1894 on June 05, 2007, 09:32:42 am
Quote from: PBD on June 05, 2007, 09:25:24 am
Mississippi State or South Carolina since they are the only two remaining SEC teams left.

Ole Miss got out of their regional didn't they?
Oops.  Your right.

Make that South Carolina, OM, or Miss. State.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

ParaPorker

WPS, go hogs go. Peace, out.

Ouachihog

Now that the Hogs are out?  I'm pulling for football season. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

Break & Run

Quote from: Ouachihog on June 05, 2007, 12:01:17 pm
Now that the Hogs are out?  I'm pulling for football season. 

Good response...but remember who our coach is...but we do have D-Mac.

I'm pulling for OK State since that'd make US look better.

BigDave70

Boardon Hamsay

If I had to cheer for a team, any SEC team.  If I had to bet money on it, I'd say Arizona St.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

BigDave70

msudawgs64

Quote from: Vandyhog4 on June 05, 2007, 09:04:23 am

kinda in a dilemma there since a SEC team is playing Clemson.  :D
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

Ouachihog

Quote from: msudawgs64 on June 05, 2007, 03:17:22 pm
Quote from: Vandyhog4 on June 05, 2007, 09:04:23 am

kinda in a dilemma there since a SEC team is playing Clemson.  :D

Congrats on making the Supers MSU.  Do you change your stance on Polk if you guys make Omaha?
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

jst01

I couldnt care less who wins.  College baseball is dead to me......until Feb. 2008!!!!

dallashog83

I really liked the way OSU played against us and think they are playing their best ball of the year.  However, I do not think they have the pitching depth to win it all.  They will definitely give Louisville fits in the super regional but I am not sure how they will stack up at Omaha.  Besides OSU I am hoping that Arizona State makes it back to the series since they have been one of my favorite teams since I was a kid.