Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Phil Steele's TOP 50

Started by AFWarrior83, June 03, 2007, 06:29:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHogFan

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on June 04, 2007, 07:21:56 am
I can't believe you guys let a Alabama guy from Rivals fool just about everyone on the net.   Phil Steele's Magazine has yet to be released....all the above post were for scit!!! lol....
I was just about to post this. To my knowledge, Phil Steele hasn't even released his rankings. I think this is someone trying to have some fun with some fans.

I do find some of our fans reaction to this low ranking interesting. Almost like they were happy with the lack of respect, like it justifies their hatred of Nutt. What a shame.

bphi11ips

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on June 04, 2007, 04:55:46 am
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on June 04, 2007, 03:09:03 am
Quote from: AFWarrior83 on June 03, 2007, 07:36:17 pmGive me (1) just ONE game where Mitch Mustain did it all?

Vanderbilt.

Anything else?

Mitch did well it that game, but he was helped thanks to Monk and F.Jones. Mitch didn't win that game on his own. I remember a lot of passes that we're off, and Monk adjusted to the throw and made plays.

I was at the Vanderbilt game.  On the fifty-yard line 50 rows up.  Could see every play.  Vanderbilt ran the ball straight at us.  Poorest tackling for us all year.  Had their QB hit a few passes, the puff of wind wouldn't have mattered.

Mustain did not win that game by himself.  But without him we would have lost.  We didn't run a lot of misdirection that day.  In fact, Vandy did as good a job of stoppoing the run as anyone until late in the season.  On the first touchdown pass, Mustain looked off the corner to give Monk separation, then hit Monk in stride down the right sideline.  At that point, for the first time in years, I saw Arkansas with a chance to return to the glory days I grew up with.  Mustain handled the ball all day like a veteran.  On the second series, Damian Williams gained about 20 or 30 on a reverse only to have it called back when Monk held too far away from the ball to affect the play.

On the winning touchdown pass, someone (Malzahn) called a great tackle eligible pass with Ben Cleveland, who was all alone up the middle.  Mustain effortlessly put the ball right on the money.

I don't remember a single "circus catch" the whole game.  Just a hard fought game against an underrated opponent playing tough at home early in the season.  Mitch may be gone, but don't try and rewrite the history book.  The week after Vandy, I was in RRS to watch him throw three interceptions against a Joe Kines defense.  I thought then he was a true freshman in the SEC. 

Give us a break.  Mustain would have been the best QB at the U of A since Ferguson.  That's not going to happen.  We'll deal with it.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Break & Run

Quote from: Oliver Miller on June 03, 2007, 10:13:05 pm
Phil Steele's prediction isn't far-fetched for these reasons:

1.  You know how HDN always says that we were 2 or 3 plays away from winning that game.  Well we were 2 to 3 plays away last year from losing 2 or 3 games.  The ball bounced our way last year in quite a few games and I'm not sure if that will happen this year.

2.  While we have the Heisman front runner returning for us, we have no proven passing game to help him out.  Casey Dick looked worse as the year progressed last year and we no longer have Mitch Mustain.  If Casey Dick continues to play as he did last year or gets hurt, our only other option is a true freshmen...and not a Gatorade player of the year true freshman.

3.  We lost a lot on defense...possibly our best player in Sam Olajubutu.  Chris Houston and Jamaal Anderson will also be missed. 

Quite a few games?  That would be...2 games. Vandy and Alabama.  No other games were won/lost on fluke kicks or such (cept Florida which was a bad break).  I think we could do well with this schedule.  I'll go 9-3 (5-3) and 2nd in the SEC West with a match-up with Nebraska in the Cotton Bowl in Dallas.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Puerco Diablo

Quote from: mikeirwin on June 03, 2007, 06:33:12 pm
Quote from: AFWarrior83 on June 03, 2007, 06:29:43 pm
Phil Steele's 2007 Preseason Top 50
1. USC
2. LSU
3. Oklahoma
4. West Virginia
5. Michigan
6. Texas
7. Louisville
8. Florida State
9. Virginia Tech
10. Penn State
11. Georgia
12. Hawaii
13. South Carolina
14. Florida
15. Ohio State
16. Wisconsin
17. Alabama
18. Oregon
19. Missouri
20. Texas A&M
21. UCLA
22. Nebraska
23. TCU
24. South Florida
25. Tennessee
26. Arizona State
27. Miami
28. California
29. Iowa
30. Rutgers
31. Boise State
32. Memphis
33. Southern Miss
34. BYU
35. Purdue
36. Virginia
37. Arkansas  ???  :razorback:
38. Notre Dame
39. Oregon State
40. Oklahoma State
41. Auburn
42. Georgia Tech
43. Illinois
44. Utah
45. Clemson
46. Houston
47. Toledo
48. Troy
49. NC State
50. Western Michigan

* I did'nt see a post on here about it yet.

He is seldom wrong. His preseason magazine is the only one I pay any attention to.
That guy does research 7 days a week 52 weeks out of the year.
They should let him to the college poll each week.

I agree.  His preseason mag is the only one I would pay for.  He nailed it last year. 

BigDave70

Quote from: ilovepinebluff on June 03, 2007, 06:31:36 pm
Auburn at 41?

I usually like Phil Steele's predictions, but this year they seem a little too far fetched.
I think he has lost his marbles
"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant

whocares

I dont think this is his list it isnt on his website plus there is no way I see Auburn being 41 NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on June 03, 2007, 07:36:17 pm
Quote from: donewithdale on June 03, 2007, 07:22:57 pm
Quote from: AFWarrior83 on June 03, 2007, 07:01:45 pm
Quote from: MarkinMemphis on June 03, 2007, 06:40:43 pm
Interesting. He was the one who had the Hogs picked to win the SECW last year when no one else did.

I predicted in another thread last week that the Hogs would finished ranked 38th. Steele and I agree which means you can take it to the bank that the Hogs will have a 4-4 or 3-5 SEC record this year. Nutt isn't going to ever have back to back winning SEC seasons at Arkansas.

Steele knows what I know...too many losses on both lines, loss of the entire secondary, weak QB, idiots for coaches, worst kicking game in the SEC and a one dimensional offense = mediocre record even with MacFadden and Jones.

Think we can't get it done with Casey? Here ya go Darksider. (We all will miss Mitch, but he was not "THE" key player last year)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXn7-bWQynA&mode=related&search=

No dreamer we can't consistantly beat the good teams on our schedule with Casey Dick.  He is an average qb with an average arm in a simplistic offense. 

Nobody was saying that when Casey got his redshirt burnt, and played his heart out for the state. You have you're opinion and I have mine. That doesn't make me a dreamer, more like a realist. Give me (1) just ONE game where Mitch Mustain did it all?

I know DMAC and Felix did it TIME AND TIME AGAIN. I can't stand to downplay Mitch, crap I was a huge fan of his also. It sucks he left, but him and Damian leaving isn't going to hurt this team. You're Darksider "hate" glasses have you seeing things you're way. I'm entilted to my opinion. SMITE ME IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT HATER!
Yes, Dmac and Felix did get it done. Unfortunately, it was not enough to beat teams like LSU, Fla and Wisc thanks to poor games at QB, especially in the LSU and Fla games. We can beat the Ole Miss's and South Carolina's, barely, with the running game but cannot beat the LSU's and FLA's with the running game and an average to weak QB by SEC standards.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: PIGINAPOKE on June 03, 2007, 09:47:14 pm
Quote from: hogcoots on June 03, 2007, 09:29:16 pm
I don't see why everyone is complaining.  At #37, we're a lock for a bowl.  We'll play with a lot of heart.  We'll be just a play or two away.  It will be a special season.  Some of our opponents will score so fast it will just mess you up.  But you'll just have to love the heart.  Special just special.
+1   And the Seniors, We love them, Will bounce around, Get that one play back..Wait till next year..

And don't forget. Nutt has always been a fighter...and a winner.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Ish O

Interesting. He was the one who had the Hogs picked to win the SECW last year when no one else did.

I predicted in another thread last week that the Hogs would finished ranked 38th. Steele and I agree which means you can take it to the bank that the Hogs will have a 4-4 or 3-5 SEC record this year. Nutt isn't going to ever have back to back winning SEC seasons at Arkansas.

Steele knows what I know...too many losses on both lines, loss of the entire secondary, weak QB, idiots for coaches, worst kicking game in the SEC and a one dimensional offense = mediocre record even with MacFadden and Jones.

As for replacing the entire secondary, you're flat wrong. Materal Richardson - returning starter. Michael Grant - returning starter. Matt Prewitt - returning starter. Jarrell Norton - played a whole lot in the nickel and dime packages.

TheHogFan

I can't believe you guys let a Alabama guy from Rivals fool just about everyone on the net.   Phil Steele's Magazine has yet to be released....all the above post were for scit!!! lol....
Are people just ignoring this small (sarcasm) fact because they rather have Arkansas ranked low to bolster their agenda? This is mind boggling.
Maybe this rivals poster has some sort of inside info, but it seems strange that there is nothing on his website about any of these rankings.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Ish O on June 04, 2007, 09:14:52 am

As for replacing the entire secondary, you're flat wrong. Materal Richardson - returning starter. Michael Grant - returning starter. Matt Prewitt - returning starter. Jarrell Norton - played a whole lot in the nickel and dime packages.
Those are 3 2nd team DB's and one who had a devastating, season-ending knee injury. We'll see how well Grant runs after blowing up his knee joint.

MuskogeeHogFan

You are right....we may have been had.......it hits news stands on June the 5th.
Go Hogs Go!

Hollywood_HOGan45

wow

very interesting

looks like he considered the situation we are currently stuck in.

dont think oklahoma will finish #3.

hogsanity

I think his assessment is reasonable.  Phil is a great believer in home field.  FOr all of the postings about the Hogs "creampuff" schedule, I don't think it is.  Road trips to Bama, Lsu, and TN.  Plus home games against SC and Aub.  3 or 4 losses, especially if they come late, could very easily result in a ranking in the 30's.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

claytongray

LOL indeed.

BCShogs

Your exactly right about the Secondary. We lose Houston, but Grant will be healthy again. I think we will be fine.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Matt Prewitt?

Guess Teresa has a son on the team. Wonder how much PT the nutty one will give over to his buddy's son.

i would rather have orlando green than matterall richardson.

McKdaddy

Quote from: donewithdale on June 03, 2007, 07:20:22 pm
Steele is the most accurate of all of the preseason mag pollsters.  The dreamers loved it last year when he put us at 13 and praised his knowledge.  Now they want to say he doesn't know what he is talking about.  That is crap.

This is what we get in year 10 with Nutt and a Heisman runner up.  A team with a one dimensional offense and holes on defense because our D coord doesn't like to recruit and Nutt and his Gen x recruiting coordinator are failures.  Guess they'll blame the fans and create a new cloud after this season.

+1
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

BCShogs

That's so funny. This board jumps on anything negative.

Ish O

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on June 04, 2007, 09:51:50 am

Matt Prewitt?

Guess Teresa has a son on the team. Wonder how much PT the nutty one will give over to his buddy's son.

i would rather have orlando green than matterall richardson.

Sorry for the typo. Matt Hewitt.

macgyver hawg

Are you for sure these aren't his rankings?  I couldn't find anything on his website last year but people were quoting him regularly on message boards and it turned out to be correct info.

Not sure where they were getting the info.  His site had nothing.

AFWarrior83

If what I posted was wrong, then I am sorry. I did get it off another site, but it was not a BAMA site.
Hogville member since 2005.

biggiepiggie

South Carolina ahead of Florida?

Mr. Prozac

June 04, 2007, 12:31:25 pm #73 Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 12:32:57 pm by Mr. Prozac
Quote from: AFWarrior83 on June 04, 2007, 04:55:46 am

Mitch did well it that game, but he was helped thanks to Monk and F.Jones. Mitch didn't win that game on his own. I remember a lot of passes that we're off, and Monk adjusted to the throw and made plays.
No question that Mustain would not have looked as good in that game without Monk (and others)...And he wouldn't have had the game-winning pass against Alabama without Cleveland...And Monk made him look good again against Auburn...I wonder why couldn't they do the same for Casey in the LSU game?

Oh, and I didn't anticipate such a low ranking by Steele.

JamesWParks

Go Colts, Go Hogs

JamesWParks

Just curious, has anyone bought it yet?  I'd probably drive from fort smith to fayetteville to get one if it's out there and not here.
Go Colts, Go Hogs

Oliver

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on June 04, 2007, 03:09:03 am
Quote from: AFWarrior83 on June 03, 2007, 07:36:17 pmGive me (1) just ONE game where Mitch Mustain did it all?

Vanderbilt.

Anything else?

That Vanderbilt game had my favorite play for the whole year in it.  Remember when we were inside Vanderbilt's 10 yard line and it was 3rd and goal from the 9 or 8 yard line?  Well instead of coming out and running a smoke draw or a screen pass on 3rd down, we shifted to a spread offense and threw a pass to a wide open Ben Cleveland for an easy TD.  I honestly thought that we might have been seeing a new beginning on that play instead of a what could have been...

Hogtide

Quote from: mikeirwin on June 03, 2007, 06:33:12 pm
1. USC
2. LSU
3. Oklahoma
4. West Virginia
5. Michigan
6. Texas
7. Louisville
8. Florida State
9. Virginia Tech
10. Penn State
11. Georgia
12. Hawaii
13. South Carolina
14. Florida
15. Ohio State
16. Wisconsin
17. Alabama
18. Oregon
19. Missouri
20. Texas A&M
21. UCLA
22. Nebraska
23. TCU
24. South Florida
25. Tennessee
26. Arizona State
27. Miami
28. California
29. Iowa
30. Rutgers
31. Boise State
32. Memphis
33. Southern Miss
34. BYU
35. Purdue
36. Virginia
38. Notre Dame
39. Oregon State
40. Oklahoma State
41. Auburn
42. Georgia Tech
43. Illinois
44. Utah
45. Clemson
46. Houston
47. Toledo
48. Troy
49. NC State
50. Western Michigan

He is seldom wrong. His preseason magazine is the only one I pay any attention to.
That guy does research 7 days a week 52 weeks out of the year.
They should let him to the college poll each week.

Here's a good one for ya:  In 2005 Steele predicted Purdue to finish 3rd in the country.  Now that is a laugher.

notreseveredname

I'm pretty sure i heard him say we had a good chance of beating USC last year.

razorback93

Quote from: malzhanista on June 03, 2007, 08:10:17 pm
Stoerner, thanks to joe ferguson, ignored nutt. Matt Jones, thanks to his ability did the same.
Casey could be good if he had joe.

I have heard variations on this.  Mainly, that in 98 and 99, Nutt would still call plays w/only one receiver(Lucas) as an option.  If he was covered, then Clint was supposed to throw it away.  Granted, this is third hand info, but the original source is apparently someone who was on that team.

Conway Cool Daddy

June 04, 2007, 03:51:34 pm #80 Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 03:53:35 pm by Conway Cool Daddy
Bama will lose to

FSU
Georgia
Tenn
LSU
Auburn

#17? hardly, just because Saban is coach doesn't automatically make them competitive.

I also have a feeling that Wisconsin will be better than 16.
Their defense was the 2nd or 3rd best that we faced last year. Very impressed with them.

311Hog

the badgers will be better, but i believe they have to play Ohio State and Michigan this year.

THis guy is usually pretty spot on, it is interesting to me that with our pathetic  Non-Conf. schedule he would still peg us as 38th.

Bomis Hawg

We'll see if this true in the next couple days.

JamesWParks

If you're a Fort Smith hogvillian, the newsstand on Towson has Phil Steele but is going pretty fast.  I got 2 copies myself.  The newsstand is located next to the Western Sizzlin on Townson on the west side of the road.
Go Colts, Go Hogs

PigPusher

1. USC
2. LSU
3. Oklahoma
4. West Virginia
5. Michigan
6. Texas
7. Louisville
8. Florida State
9. Virginia Tech
10. Penn State
11. Georgia
12. Hawaii
13. South Carolina
14. Florida
15. Ohio State
16. Wisconsin
17. Alabama
18. Oregon
19. Missouri
20. Texas A&M
21. UCLA
22. Nebraska
23. TCU
24. South Florida
25. Tennessee
26. Arizona State
27. Miami
28. California
29. Iowa
30. Rutgers
31. Boise State
32. Memphis
33. Southern Miss
34. BYU
35. Purdue
36. Virginia
38. Notre Dame
39. Oregon State
40. Oklahoma State
41. Auburn
42. Georgia Tech
43. Illinois
44. Utah
45. Clemson
46. Houston
47. Toledo
48. Troy
49. NC State
50. Western Michigan

Yipes!  Normally he is a strong advocate of ours.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

macgyver hawg

Quote from: JamesWParks on June 04, 2007, 04:16:40 pm
If you're a Fort Smith hogvillian, the newsstand on Towson has Phil Steele but is going pretty fast.  I got 2 copies myself.  The newsstand is located next to the Western Sizzlin on Townson on the west side of the road.

So is the rankings his or not?

Bvilleboar

his preseason mag and his picks on the radio during the season are a gambler's bible.  He does miss but not often.  Bet by is research and you will have a winning season.
2012 the year of the HOGS

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on June 04, 2007, 10:21:59 am

If what I posted was wrong, then I am sorry. I did get it off another site, but it was not a BAMA site.

So what site was it, if it was not Phil Steele's site?
Go Hogs Go!

AFWarrior83

Quote from: genuineLSUtiger on June 04, 2007, 07:00:46 pm
Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 04, 2007, 06:56:56 pm
Quote from: AFWarrior83 on June 04, 2007, 10:21:59 am

So what site was it, if it was not Phil Steele's site?

I bought it on Saturday here in Knoxville.  That is correct.  Those are his picks. 

I got it off of SECTalk.com, looks like they were correct...

moley_russells_wart_hog

is there a link, i want to confirm this info

MuskogeeHogFan

1. USC
2. LSU
3. Oklahoma
4. West Virginia
5. Michigan
6. Texas
7. Louisville
8. Florida State
9. Virginia Tech
10. Penn State
11. Georgia
12. Hawaii
13. South Carolina
14. Florida
15. Ohio State
16. Wisconsin
17. Alabama
18. Oregon
19. Missouri
20. Texas A&M
21. UCLA
22. Nebraska
23. TCU
24. South Florida
25. Tennessee
26. Arizona State
27. Miami
28. California
29. Iowa
30. Rutgers
31. Boise State
32. Memphis
33. Southern Miss
34. BYU
35. Purdue
36. Virginia
38. Notre Dame
39. Oregon State
40. Oklahoma State
41. Auburn
42. Georgia Tech
43. Illinois
44. Utah
45. Clemson
46. Houston
47. Toledo
48. Troy
49. NC State
50. Western Michigan

Verified.........Don't know where you got it so early, but good job, on the money!
Go Hogs Go!

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: ilovepinebluff on June 03, 2007, 06:31:36 pm
Auburn at 41?

I usually like Phil Steele's predictions, but this year they seem a little too far fetched.

True dat, true dat!  I would like a sip of whatever Phil's been drinking though.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Richard_white

Quote from: Mid Major Legs™ on June 03, 2007, 08:37:06 pm

MiM nailed this one.  We might as well lock the thread down. 
Quote from: Coondog Hog on June 03, 2007, 08:50:50 pm
I bet he changes this up some before season starts.

Then he will need to recall all those magazines before changing his prediction.  I swear.  Last year he came out and had us in the top 15 and people were saying he knew what he was talking about.  This year it's a different story.  The same people praising him last year are saying he has no idea what he is saying now. 

Pigmund Freud

...And 'playgroundlegend' over on that other thread just about had me convinced everything was OK...da&n ! (sarcasm)

BigoBoys

I heard him on Press Row last year and his predictions are based on analytics that seem logical.  If he's right that will mean that DMAC, Felix, Peyton, and Marcus get hurt.  It will also mean the end of HDN.  If he is wrong he won't be much wrong, which will mean someone got hurt and the end of HDN. 

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: BigoBoys on June 06, 2007, 06:29:18 pm
I heard him on Press Row last year and his predictions are based on analytics that seem logical.  If he's right that will mean that DMAC, Felix, Peyton, and Marcus get hurt.  It will also mean the end of HDN.  If he is wrong he won't be much wrong, which will mean someone got hurt and the end of HDN. 
I don't see how this would be the end of HDN,if a couple of those guys gets hurt then there's his next cloud. He seems to be the master of having a good excuse and the PTB buy in and he gets the pass.

TX SUX

1. USC
2. LSU
3. Oklahoma
4. West Virginia
5. Michigan
6. Texas
7. Louisville
8. Florida State
9. Virginia Tech
10. Penn State
11. Georgia
12. Hawaii
13. South Carolina
14. Florida
15. Ohio State
16. Wisconsin
17. Alabama
18. Oregon
19. Missouri
20. Texas A&M
21. UCLA
22. Nebraska
23. TCU
24. South Florida
25. Tennessee
26. Arizona State
27. Miami
28. California
29. Iowa
30. Rutgers
31. Boise State
32. Memphis
33. Southern Miss
34. BYU
35. Purdue
36. Virginia
38. Notre Dame
39. Oregon State
40. Oklahoma State
41. Auburn
42. Georgia Tech
43. Illinois
44. Utah
45. Clemson
46. Houston
47. Toledo
48. Troy
49. NC State
50. Western Michigan

Phil lost his credibility at #17.   Alabama? 

Coondog Hog

Quote from: Richard_white on June 06, 2007, 04:27:42 pm
Quote from: Mid Major Legs™ on June 03, 2007, 08:37:06 pm

MiM nailed this one.  We might as well lock the thread down. 
Quote from: Coondog Hog on June 03, 2007, 08:50:50 pm
I bet he changes this up some before season starts.

Then he will need to recall all those magazines before changing his prediction.  I swear.  Last year he came out and had us in the top 15 and people were saying he knew what he was talking about.  This year it's a different story.  The same people praising him last year are saying he has no idea what he is saying now. 

I never said he did not have a clue, I just said I believe his opinion would change before season.  Last year I hoped he was right.  This year I hope he is wrong.  Either way we have McFadden other teams dont so we have an advantage.
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

arklahoman36

Quote from: ttownhog on June 03, 2007, 06:46:27 pm
At a glance this is my opinion FWIW(not much).

Oklahoma State(40) beat Alabama(17) last year and Oke State is returning virtually the same team. Interesting placement.

Also interesting that Oklahoma is 3. I am sure they will be good but IMO a lot of question marks for a 3 placement over Texas.

Seems he is picking South Carolina(13) as a surprise. I know Spurrier is good but they are going to have a tough go to live up to those standards.

OSU actually lost a couple players on the defensive line that hurts, both starting DE. One player expected to replace the departing DE has shown flashes of being really good, but has had injury problems. They also lost their starting noseguard.
Their coverage on special teams is also weak, and now kickoffs are backed up 5 yards.

They also have a schedule that's not completely favorable.
@ Troy State -- should win, but not necessarily a gimme.
@ OU
@ Nebraska
@ aTm
@ Georgia
and only six games at home., aTm and Neb are back to back.

I agree about OU being picked so high. I would pick them 10 to 15 (and I am an OU fan).

AFWarrior83

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 06, 2007, 04:19:08 pm
1. USC
2. LSU
3. Oklahoma
4. West Virginia
5. Michigan
6. Texas
7. Louisville
8. Florida State
9. Virginia Tech
10. Penn State
11. Georgia
12. Hawaii
13. South Carolina
14. Florida
15. Ohio State
16. Wisconsin
17. Alabama
18. Oregon
19. Missouri
20. Texas A&M
21. UCLA
22. Nebraska
23. TCU
24. South Florida
25. Tennessee
26. Arizona State
27. Miami
28. California
29. Iowa
30. Rutgers
31. Boise State
32. Memphis
33. Southern Miss
34. BYU
35. Purdue
36. Virginia
38. Notre Dame
39. Oregon State
40. Oklahoma State
41. Auburn
42. Georgia Tech
43. Illinois
44. Utah
45. Clemson
46. Houston
47. Toledo
48. Troy
49. NC State
50. Western Michigan

Verified.........Don't know where you got it so early, but good job, on the money!

Does this mean I have SOURCES?