Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Got This Email From The Parent of a Current UoA FB Player, VERY Interesting

Started by LSUFan, June 01, 2007, 12:38:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

menehune

Quote from: LSUFan on June 01, 2007, 02:17:47 pm
Quote from: menehune on June 01, 2007, 02:14:45 pm
How were they forced to leave?  Did anyone call them into an office and tell them their scholarship had been revoked?  Did anyone call Malzahn into an office and tell him he didn't have a job?  Two of my co-workers just had that happen to them today.  They don't have a choice, nor do they have any recourse.  Welcome to the real world. 

They found that the circumstances there weren't as represented or as they thought they were represented (none of us were there); they CHOSE to leave.  Either stay and play or leave.  Players are supposed to play, not help coach or make statements about the coaching, play selection, practices, etc.  If they don't agree with the above, they need to find another place to play.
GM contract ran out at the end of 06, they DID NOT type up another one. He cannot work for the UoA w/o a contract. Is it starting to get clearer for you?

I'm very clear about how contracts work including the length of time it takes for all parties concerned to get the language of the contract exact.  Is that clear enough for you?

Conway Cool Daddy

Quote from: LSUFan on June 01, 2007, 02:20:39 pm
Quote from: Conway Cool Daddy on June 01, 2007, 02:18:55 pm
I'm afraid that I have to take JDs side on this. The players don't need to lose focus over this. It's not their position to take sides. They need to stay as far away from this controversy as possible.

The parents of the players should have every assurance that their sons are in the best possible situation for them to succeed though.

It's tough to be a team player and hate your head coach. It's a bad situation with only one remedy.

The coach has created a hostile environment for these KIDS, and MUST BE removed.

Is he being (or has he been) hostile to anyone other than Mitch?
Are there current players that he has made disparging remarks about?

just asking.......

LSUFan

Quote from: menehune on June 01, 2007, 02:22:38 pm
How were they forced to leave?  Did anyone call them into an office and tell them their scholarship had been revoked?  Did anyone call Malzahn into an office and tell him he didn't have a job?  Two of my co-workers just had that happen to them today.  They don't have a choice, nor do they have any recourse.  Welcome to the real world. 

They found that the circumstances there weren't as represented or as they thought they were represented (none of us were there); they CHOSE to leave.  Either stay and play or leave.  Players are supposed to play, not help coach or make statements about the coaching, play selection, practices, etc.  If they don't agree with the above, they need to find another place to play.
GM contract ran out at the end of 06, they DID NOT type up another one. He cannot work for the UoA w/o a contract. Is it starting to get clearer for you?

I'm very clear about how contracts work including the length of time it takes for all parties concerned to get the language of the contract exact.  Is that clear enough for you?

I'll Type Slower

THERE WAS NO CONTRACT TYPED UP.

menehune

Quote from: dacskc on June 01, 2007, 02:21:33 pm

to add to that, even though no arms were twisted, an environment was created that was so hostile towards them, I feel they transferred to keep their sanity, anybody would do the same. (and I have)

Agreed! I have too.  You just made my point.  I have no idea what the actual climate inside the football program is.  Unless any one of you is in the program, neigther do you. 

joedirt

Quote from: LSUFan on June 01, 2007, 02:13:49 pm
Quote from: joedirt on June 01, 2007, 02:11:19 pm
Quote from: razorsox on June 01, 2007, 02:02:22 pm
Quote from: joedirt on June 01, 2007, 01:42:18 pm
Exactly hogsanity.  Players should not be worrying about making the wrong move or saying the wrong thing.  They came up there play ball and get an education.  They need to do what they were recruited to do, which isn't to give opinions on the coach.  They should all have the same attitude as D-Mac and everything will work out.

Spare me the Dmac is righteous crap.

Spare me the poor little springdale boys crap.
I have met you jd, I know you love your kids. I also know you don't know what a lot of these kids went through. I think I know you well enough to say you would not stand by and let your kids suffer what these kids have.

I don't doubt that you do know more than I do what went on.  I guess I was just raised a little different than a lot of people on here.  I was taught that when I make a commitment, stand by it.  Don't bail out at the first sign of trouble.  I know that there's two sides to every story, and In this case, I don't think either side was 100% right.  People make mistakes every day.  I think Houston Nutt is a good person, but I think there's plenty of things he could have handled differently.  On the same note, no one is ever going to convince me that MM was just a poor little innocent bystandard that got picked on for no reason.

LSUFan

Quote from: Conway Cool Daddy on June 01, 2007, 02:23:17 pm
I'm afraid that I have to take JDs side on this. The players don't need to lose focus over this. It's not their position to take sides. They need to stay as far away from this controversy as possible.

The parents of the players should have every assurance that their sons are in the best possible situation for them to succeed though.

It's tough to be a team player and hate your head coach. It's a bad situation with only one remedy.

The coach has created a hostile environment for these KIDS, and MUST BE removed.

just asking.......

The email I pasted on the first page is from a current players parent.

To answer your question, yes.

CCD, have you ever worked for a boss that was a bully? I have, it destroys your health.

menehune

Quote from: LSUFan on June 01, 2007, 02:24:38 pm
Quote from: menehune on June 01, 2007, 02:22:38 pm

I'll Type Slower

THERE WAS NO CONTRACT TYPED UP.

You need to chill!  How do you know this?  Are you Gus Malzahn or the person responsible for TYPING the contract?  Grow up!

dacskc

Quote from: Conway Cool Daddy on June 01, 2007, 02:23:17 pm

just asking.......

The opening post in the thread says several current players feel that there is a hostile environment. (although I don't remember it being directed at player in particular) I don't imagine it's a fun time.

The Boar War

Quote from: Hawgon on June 01, 2007, 02:14:21 pm
But above all, spare us the "poor little millionare coach" crap.

You know the only group of people I feel sorry for is us (the fans).  Everyone else has gotten what they wanted.  If Houston wanted Mitch gone (like many believe) than he got what he wanted.  If he wanted more offensive control he certainly got that with the departure of GM.  Gus was able to go to a D1 school (albeit less prestigious) where he can run his type of offense.  Mitch and Damian got to go to a storied, successful program which is probably what they wanted all along.  The only group who lost out are the fans.  We lost out on a top level qb and wr, an up and coming offensive coordinator, and the dignity of our program.

dacskc

Quote from: menehune on June 01, 2007, 02:25:15 pm
Quote from: dacskc on June 01, 2007, 02:21:33 pm

to add to that, even though no arms were twisted, an environment was created that was so hostile towards them, I feel they transferred to keep their sanity, anybody would do the same. (and I have)

Agreed! I have too.  You just made my point.  I have no idea what the actual climate inside the football program is.  Unless any one of you is in the program, neigther do you. 

The originator of this thread has given us some idea, if you choose to believe it is, of course, up to you.

joedirt

Quote from: The Boar War on June 01, 2007, 02:28:01 pm

You know the only group of people I feel sorry for is us (the fans).  Everyone else has gotten what they wanted.  If Houston wanted Mitch gone (like many believe) than he got what he wanted.  If he wanted more offensive control he certainly got that with the departure of GM.  Gus was able to go to a D1 school (albeit less prestigious) where he can run his type of offense.  Mitch and Damian got to go to a storied, successful program which is what they wanted all along.  The only group who lost out are the fans.  We lost out on a top level qb and wr, an up and coming offensive coordinator, and the dignity of our program.

Good point

Pork Twain

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on June 01, 2007, 01:25:29 pm
Quote from: LSUFan on June 01, 2007, 12:38:59 pm
The bottom line...the thing that is obvious to me...and the thing that makes me most sad, is . . . ***** is VERY aware that he could suffer if someone - him or anyone around him - "makes the wrong move." That speaks volumes to me about what these kids have gone through, and what they have yet to go through. -

That is what is so wrong with the leadership. These kids should not be having these kinds of worries and fears.

Please keep me informed. Thanks!

No one has anything to say here?  C'mon folks.  I can't verify this is 100% true, but I have had more than one e-mail saying the same kind of thing. 

The players don't feel like they can say anything safely.  Is that the environment you think we should have on the Hill?
I believe this completely because I know that is how it is when it comes to being critical of those in power.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

dacskc

Quote from: joedirt on June 01, 2007, 02:30:58 pm
Quote from: The Boar War on June 01, 2007, 02:28:01 pm

You know the only group of people I feel sorry for is us (the fans).  Everyone else has gotten what they wanted.  If Houston wanted Mitch gone (like many believe) than he got what he wanted.  If he wanted more offensive control he certainly got that with the departure of GM.  Gus was able to go to a D1 school (albeit less prestigious) where he can run his type of offense.  Mitch and Damian got to go to a storied, successful program which is what they wanted all along.  The only group who lost out are the fans.  We lost out on a top level qb and wr, an up and coming offensive coordinator, and the dignity of our program.

Good point

On that point, JoeD, you and I are in agreement.

hogfanwp

Quote from: LSUFan on June 01, 2007, 02:04:25 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on June 01, 2007, 02:03:13 pm
Quote from: cityhog on June 01, 2007, 01:41:13 pm
Quote from: cityhog on June 01, 2007, 01:40:39 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on June 01, 2007, 01:37:14 pm
Quote from: dacskc on June 01, 2007, 01:36:07 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on June 01, 2007, 01:25:46 pm
"the wrong move"?  There are only 2 moves.  You either give 100% to WHOEVER the coach is, or you leave. 

So an "underling" should always serve his superior blindly? That is wrong on so many levels.

Serve blindly, no, but, if you choose to stay and play, you give 100% for your team mates.

So is it for the "teamates" or the "coach" that you shut up and play hard?  You've stated both.

You play for and with your team mates.  To do that, you have to play hard for the coach as well.  You tolerate the coach to do your best for your team.  Thats why i said, if you choose to stay, you give 100% for whoever is the coach.

The Wheels are coming off, it's time to face the facts.

If the wheels are coming off that is fine, but until then what do we do?  I have to think as fans we are making it worse on the players, and future Razorbacks.  I feel like we are shooting ourself in the foot.  What football coach would want to come into a situation like this? 

dacskc

Quote from: hogfanwp on June 01, 2007, 02:33:53 pm
Quote from: LSUFan on June 01, 2007, 02:04:25 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on June 01, 2007, 02:03:13 pm
Quote from: cityhog on June 01, 2007, 01:41:13 pm
Quote from: cityhog on June 01, 2007, 01:40:39 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on June 01, 2007, 01:37:14 pm
Quote from: dacskc on June 01, 2007, 01:36:07 pm
"the wrong move"?  There are only 2 moves.  You either give 100% to WHOEVER the coach is, or you leave. 

So an "underling" should always serve his superior blindly? That is wrong on so many levels.

Serve blindly, no, but, if you choose to stay and play, you give 100% for your team mates.

So is it for the "teamates" or the "coach" that you shut up and play hard?  You've stated both.

You play for and with your team mates.  To do that, you have to play hard for the coach as well.  You tolerate the coach to do your best for your team.  Thats why i said, if you choose to stay, you give 100% for whoever is the coach.

The Wheels are coming off, it's time to face the facts.

If the wheels are coming off that is fine, but until then what do we do?  I have to think as fans we are making it worse on the players, and future Razorbacks.  I feel like we are shooting ourself in the foot.  What football coach would want to come into a situation like this? 

OH NO.........................

menehune

Quote from: BeoPig on June 01, 2007, 02:31:59 pm
The bottom line...the thing that is obvious to me...and the thing that makes me most sad, is . . . ***** is VERY aware that he could suffer if someone - him or anyone around him - "makes the wrong move." That speaks volumes to me about what these kids have gone through, and what they have yet to go through. -

That is what is so wrong with the leadership. These kids should not be having these kinds of worries and fears.

No one has anything to say here?  C'mon folks.  I can't verify this is 100% true, but I have had more than one e-mail saying the same kind of thing. 

The players don't feel like they can say anything safely.  Is that the environment you think we should have on the Hill?
I believe this completely because I know that is how it is when it comes to being critical of those in power.

What type of comments do the players want to make?  Are they being oppressed to the point that they can't say anything at all?  Or - do they feel they have to watch what they say?  I can't just walk into my job and say anything I want without some possibility of consequences, yet my job is certainly not an oppressive atmosphere.  It is called "the appropriate time and place."  Many people don't have that self-discipline.  I deal with it every day in my job as a coach and teacher. 

hogsanity

Quote from: Mid Major Legs™ on June 01, 2007, 02:15:16 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on June 01, 2007, 02:09:11 pm
Quote from: Mid Major Legs™ on June 01, 2007, 02:06:40 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on June 01, 2007, 01:36:15 pm
Quote from: cityhog on June 01, 2007, 01:28:28 pm

BS.  What about those kids who grew up wanting to be Razorbacks their whole life?  They wanted to be Hogs, not Nutt minions. 

Then you play for the team, as I said, you either play with 100% effort, for WHOEVER, or you leave.  If you play sports for any length of time, you will get into a situation where you do not like the coach, you do not agree with him, and he may not like you.  You still only have 2 options, play hard or leave.

So the coach who can be fired or have corrected action placed against him should just be allowed to carry on as is?  Especially a coach who isn't exactly tearing it up in the SEC.

The decision on who the coach is should never be left up to the players.  If the PTB decide to keep the coach, and a player decides to stay, they should shut up and play ball.  If they decide to leave, that is their right.  What they should not do is stay AND complain ( not saying that any player in particular has done that ). 

I never said it should.  Never.  I'm saying the administration needs to step in.  The response to this post who cares about the program is more than just shut up and play ball.  I know you have said you don't care if Nutt leaves or not.  If that's the case, then I'm surprised you side with him.  You are essentially taking a program over the coach stance which in my mind is the right one to take. 

Why would you not be more concerned about wanting a different environment?  It seems to me this can't be healthy for winning ballgames. 

Those who do not like the environment, and do not want to play in it, can leave.  It is their right, and it is excercised by many many student athletes every year.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

malzhanista

Quote from: joedirt on June 01, 2007, 02:25:28 pm
Exactly hogsanity.  Players should not be worrying about making the wrong move or saying the wrong thing.  They came up there play ball and get an education.  They need to do what they were recruited to do, which isn't to give opinions on the coach.  They should all have the same attitude as D-Mac and everything will work out.

I have met you jd, I know you love your kids. I also know you don't know what a lot of these kids went through. I think I know you well enough to say you would not stand by and let your kids suffer what these kids have.

I don't doubt that you do know more than I do what went on.  I guess I was just raised a little different than a lot of people on here.  I was taught that when I make a commitment, stand by it.  Don't bail out at the first sign of trouble.  I know that there's two sides to every story, and In this case, I don't think either side was 100% right.  People make mistakes every day.  I think Houston Nutt is a good person, but I think there's plenty of things he could have handled differently.  On the same note, no one is ever going to convince me that MM was just a poor little innocent bystandard that got picked on for no reason.

Why can't you be convinced joe, that mitch was an innocent bystander? Name even one public action mitch took to make you think he was anything other than an angel. Just one Joe.

malzhanista

Quote from: menehune on June 01, 2007, 02:38:55 pm

What type of comments do the players want to make?  Are they being oppressed to the point that they can't say anything at all?  Or - do they feel they have to watch what they say?  I can't just walk into my job and say anything I want without some possibility of consequences, yet my job is certainly not an oppressive atmosphere.  It is called "the appropriate time and place."  Many people don't have that self-discipline.  I deal with it every day in my job as a coach and teacher. 

You're a coach? What school?

menehune

Quote from: malzhanista on June 01, 2007, 02:44:13 pm

You're a coach? What school?

That's one of those things I learned.  There is a time and place for everything.  This is neither the time nor the place to divulge that information.  I like my job.  Also - I have to go back to work right now, but will be back later this evening to respond to anything else you want to say.  Duty calls!

Conway Cool Daddy

Quote from: malzhanista on June 01, 2007, 02:42:53 pm

Why can't you be convinced joe, that mitch was an innocent bystander? Name even one public action mitch took to make you think he was anything other than an angel. Just one Joe.
Not to slam on Mitch, but he did call Dale a dork.

joedirt

Publicly calling the head coach at UofA a Dork.

LSUFan

Quote from: joedirt on June 01, 2007, 02:46:44 pm

He was in the sanctity of his own home.

Pork Twain

Anyone that has ever served in the military deals with this every day, the entire time they are in.  Nothing new to us, but I can see how it could be tough on a college kid.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

The Marmot

Quote from: Conway Cool Daddy on June 01, 2007, 02:46:43 pm

Not to slam on Mitch, but he did call Dale a dork.

And Nutt still had him recruited...
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

joedirt

Quote from: LSUFan on June 01, 2007, 02:47:54 pm

Talking to someone writing a book that would be bought by the public.

Conway Cool Daddy

Does that make it ok?

Pork Twain

Quote from: Conway Cool Daddy on June 01, 2007, 02:50:48 pm

Does that make it ok?

No, but since it was MM we have to let it pass.

The Marmot

So its o.k. for Nutt to take that comment so seriously and act on it, but its a travesty for MM to react the way he did to what has happened i.e. transfer?

Man, this is just a vicious circle.....
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

joedirt

Quote from: The Marmot on June 01, 2007, 02:53:09 pm

So its o.k. for Nutt to take that comment so seriously and act on it, but its a travesty for MM to react the way he did to what has happened i.e. transfer?

Man, this is just a vicious circle.....

I was just answering malzhanista's question.

oldman1015

Arkansas, the left lane state.

knowholesbarred

Quote from: hogsanity on June 01, 2007, 02:39:44 pm

BS.  What about those kids who grew up wanting to be Razorbacks their whole life?  They wanted to be Hogs, not Nutt minions. 

Then you play for the team, as I said, you either play with 100% effort, for WHOEVER, or you leave.  If you play sports for any length of time, you will get into a situation where you do not like the coach, you do not agree with him, and he may not like you.  You still only have 2 options, play hard or leave.

So the coach who can be fired or have corrected action placed against him should just be allowed to carry on as is?  Especially a coach who isn't exactly tearing it up in the SEC.

The decision on who the coach is should never be left up to the players.  If the PTB decide to keep the coach, and a player decides to stay, they should shut up and play ball.  If they decide to leave, that is their right.  What they should not do is stay AND complain ( not saying that any player in particular has done that ). 

I never said it should.  Never.  I'm saying the administration needs to step in.  The response to this post who cares about the program is more than just shut up and play ball.  I know you have said you don't care if Nutt leaves or not.  If that's the case, then I'm surprised you side with him.  You are essentially taking a program over the coach stance which in my mind is the right one to take. 

Why would you not be more concerned about wanting a different environment?  It seems to me this can't be healthy for winning ballgames. 

Those who do not like the environment, and do not want to play in it, can leave.  It is their right, and it is excercised by many many student athletes every year.

I do not a minute believe any of you all would have stayed under similar conditions where two of the coaches extended family members were emailing with that trash and the head coaches wife was forwarding it on to others with comments about how funny it was about the Springdale part. That seemed to be the straw that broke the camel's back. The shoes, the cold shoulder,being benched, being called out by those team mates you keep eluding to, and all the other Division II crap this staff pulled on these kids and their previous head coach would be enough to run anyone off. I  have concerns how anyone of you could support such actions and such people.

hOUSTon NUTT

This is a disturbing email.  I do have a question, and it's a matter of context.  When the parent talks about suffering, it is unclear from the email excerpt given as to whom would cause the suffering.  Is it Coach Nutt?  Is it the media?  Is it crazy boosters? 

I know we all jumped to the same conclusion here, but I'd like to know whom these kids fear.

Thanks in advance LSU fan, for your response.  Also, thanks for the email.

ttownhog

I can't even take that quote out of that email seriously:

I don't even really know if that is from the parent of a hog player.

Let's assume it is... Is he a walk on? Is he low on the depth chart? Does he have a personal problem with nutt because he is on the scout team? Who knows?

The quote has no context whatsoever. What does "Makes the wrong move" even mean? Is dropping a touch down pass the wrong move? Is continuously jumping off sides during practice the wrong move? Is talking to the media the wrong move?

And what does "suffer" mean. Running extra after practice? Getting benched? Getting ran off the team?

And please do not try to explain what this VERY out of context quote means unless you have read the email personally and know who the player is and what that players status is. If you do not know these things then you cannot know what the context of the quote is. To me this thread belongs in vents and rumors.

Furthermore everyone on this site has seen recent quotes from players, recruits and parents themselves (not second hand supposed emails from parents) saying they back up Nutt and this coaching staff 100%. These are the facts. I am open minded. If I find out that that email came from a respected player on the team and the PLAYER is genuinely scared of getting run off then I will give it full credence but until then its just a rumor with no context and no meaning to anyone that thinks intelligently.

Pork Twain

Quote from: knowholesbarred on June 01, 2007, 03:00:01 pm

I do not a minute believe any of you all would have stayed under similar conditions where two of the coaches extended family members were emailing with that trash and the head coaches wife was forwarding it on to others with comments about how funny it was about the Springdale part. That seemed to be the straw that broke the camel's back. The shoes, the cold shoulder,being benched, being called out by those team mates you keep eluding to, and all the other Division II crap this staff pulled on these kids and their previous head coach would be enough to run anyone off. I  have concerns how anyone of you could support such actions and such people.
I have concerns that so many people just believe what they are told and never care for proof.

paraloma

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=105817.0

Quote from: paraloma on January 08, 2007, 10:33:35 pm
"You'll see, next week, he'll get a contract extension, and hopefully we'll put all that to rest. And we'll see what happens," Nutt said

Dec. 30, 2006.

Quote from: hog_fan on January 11, 2007, 11:36:22 am
Quote from: HoggieStyle on January 10, 2007, 02:05:23 pm
Quote from: hog_fan on January 10, 2007, 01:36:32 pm
Quote from: paraloma on January 10, 2007, 09:22:11 am
Did Nutt mean the week after next?

He meant last week. Said it on december 29th. Said next week they will get Gus the extension and we all see everything is fine. I think it has been there for awhile and Gus is holding off. May want control of offense in writing which i doubt happens.

Interesting take. Hey, wait a minute...are you suggesting that Dale isn't a man(?) of his word? Heh...

Really though, are you speculating on this point of contention? or have you heard that it may actually be the reason he's holding off? (link? source?) ;)

All know is Bo mentioned  it over a month ago and sure seemed like it would happen soon. It's been a month and hasn't happened. My logical conclusion is the contract there and Gus won't sign it. One guess is as crazy as it sound he wants control of offense in writing which i don't see happening. It's crazy because it shouldn't come down to that. When Gus was hired he clearly stated everyone would offer input but everything would run through Gus.Wouldn't suprise me if there is a hold up with Nutt getting a raise.

Dallas Washington for Heisman

JIMMY BOARFFETT

Quote from: cityhog on June 01, 2007, 01:32:50 pm

OR you said something before you were even on the team and suddenly your benched.

Fixed that for you.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

LSUFan

Quote from: hOUSTon NUTT on June 01, 2007, 03:00:37 pm

This is a disturbing email.  I do have a question, and it's a matter of context.  When the parent talks about suffering, it is unclear from the email excerpt given as to whom would cause the suffering.  Is it Coach Nutt?  Is it the media?  Is it crazy boosters? 

I know we all jumped to the same conclusion here, but I'd like to know whom these kids fear.

The parent was refering to Nutt and Nobody else.

LSUFan

Quote from: ttownhog on June 01, 2007, 03:03:29 pm

Let's assume it is... Is he a walk on? Is he low on the depth chart? Does he have a personal problem with nutt because he is on the scout team? Who knows?

The quote has no context whatsoever. What does "Makes the wrong move" even mean? Is dropping a touch down pass the wrong move? Is continuously jumping off sides during practice the wrong move? Is talking to the media the wrong move?

And what does "suffer" mean. Running extra after practice? Getting benched? Getting ran off the team?

And please do not try to explain what this VERY out of context quote means unless you have read the email personally and know who the player is and what that players status is. If you do not know these things then you cannot know what the context of the quote is. To me this thread belongs in vents and rumors.

Furthermore everyone on this site has seen recent quotes from players, recruits and parents themselves (not second hand supposed emails from parents) saying they back up Nutt and this coaching staff 100%. These are the facts. I am open minded. If I find out that that email came from a respected player on the team and the PLAYER is genuinely scared of getting run off then I will give it full credence but until then its just a rumor with no context and no meaning to anyone that thinks intelligently.

The source of this email and it's validity has been verified to the owner of this board.

knowholesbarred

Quote from: BeoPig on June 01, 2007, 03:04:31 pm

I have concerns that so many people just believe what they are told and never care for proof.

and what proof did you bring to the table ? Are you saying TP didn't email MM, or saying that Diana Nutt didn't forward the WH email to others ?  Do you for one second believe that HDN and his brother did not know of those email until mid january 2007 ? I hope you are not that naive but hey, nothing surprises me anymore, none of you ? Yall hang on to all the spin you want justice will be served when EC jr gets all those people under oath and they know it too that is why they are fighting it with all their might. If what HDN wants us to believe is true he should want his day in court to prove to all naysayers once and for all that is pure as virgin snow.

Pork Twain

Quote from: knowholesbarred on June 01, 2007, 03:14:11 pm

and what proof did you bring to the table ? Are you saying TP didn't email MM, or saying that Diana Nutt didn't forward the WH email to others ?  Do you for one second believe that HDN and his brother did not know of those email until mid january 2007 ? I hope you are not that naive but hey, nothing surprises me anymore, none of you ? Yall hang on to all the spin you want justice will be served when EC jr gets all those people under oath and they know it too that is why they are fighting it with all their might. If what HDN wants us to believe is true he should want his day in court to prove to all naysayers once and for all that is pure as virgin snow.
Sorry was my last post to much for you???  I am bringing no proof to the table but I am also not going to blindly follow others.  I think the Nutts new about it before Jan but I do not believe they had anything to do with sending it.

ttownhog

Quote from: LSUFan on June 01, 2007, 03:12:44 pm
Quote from: ttownhog on June 01, 2007, 03:03:29 pm

The source of this email and it's validity has been verified to the owner of this board.
Like I said I will assume the email and the source are real but that doesn't answer the rest of my questions. Still no context. What does "suffer" mean. What does "make the wrong move" mean. I, as the reader of your original post, am forced to interpret what they mean. I cannot interpret what they mean unless I have some context. I also would need to know what motive(if any) the parent had to write that email. Like I said I am open minded but this is all so vague. No matter how you cut it this is edited second hand information.

ttownhog

knowholesbarred

Quote from: BeoPig on June 01, 2007, 03:17:30 pm

Sorry was my last post to much for you???  I am bringing no proof to the table but I am also not going to blindly follow others.  I think the Nutts new about it before Jan but I do not believe they had anything to do with sending it.

And where did I say they sent it. Obviously you might be the one with reading problems. TP sent it and signed it. I have copies of about 4 or 5 months of stupid and his brother dumbers phone and text records showing how much both of them had contact with the sender on both days those emails were sent. Anyone with an IQ equal their shoe size can figure that out, even you huggers should be able to see what it is. Neither Nutt had as much contact with TP before or after those two days, isn't that strange ?

Pork Twain

Quote from: knowholesbarred on June 01, 2007, 03:23:14 pm

And where did I say they sent it. Obviously you might be the one with reading problems. TP sent it and signed it. I have copies of about 4 or 5 months of stupid and his brother dumbers phone and text records showing how much both of them had contact with the sender on both days those emails were sent. Anyone with an IQ equal their shoe size can figure that out, even you huggers should be able to see what it is. Neither Nutt had as much contact with TP before or after those two days, isn't that strange ?
I am spinning nothing.  Just waiting for some facts to back up all the circumstantial evidence that is floating around.  Some people are happy being lead around by others.  I will just wait to form my own opinions based on actual proof.

hOUSTon NUTT

Quote from: LSUFan on June 01, 2007, 03:11:18 pm

The parent was refering to Nutt and Nobody else.

Thanks LSUFan.  I have other questions about the email, but the answers to those questions would take it outside the scope of confidentiality.  I feel sorry for the kids who feel this way.  Truly sad.

dacskc

And honestly, I don't know of anyone who heard that comment(the "I called that play" comment) live on the radio that didn't at least cringe... It was probably not too smart of Mitch to say what he said in front of the author of the book, but he was 17, and subsequently apologized...twice.

86jacketstchamps

I will honestly say that if parents are in know of such circumstances, then I feel they should step up to be honest.  They should look at how Beck has been vilified and be driven to offer up what they know, which would possibly put things in another light.  They also owe it to the program to be honest, that offered their son a free education, and to ensure that this program is being run in the proper way and not something that will come to light eventually anyways and have a much deeper and lasting negative impact with delays.

knowholesbarred

Quote from: BeoPig on June 01, 2007, 03:27:24 pm
Quote from: knowholesbarred on June 01, 2007, 03:23:14 pm

I am spinning nothing.  Just waiting for some facts to back up all the circumstantial evidence that is floating around.  Some people are happy being lead around by others.  I will just wait to form my own opinions based on actual proof.

what proof would you like and concerning what ? Do you believe Diana Nutt forwarded the Wally Hall email to others ? Do you think she did not tell her husband about recieving those two emails from TP ? She tells several friends and others but does not tell her husband. Who do you think influenced her to think that MM and GM were the enemy ?  

AUSTXHOG

I know we all <B>jumped to</B> the same <B>conclusion</B> here, but I'd like to know whom these kids fear.

Anyone else notice the Office Space reference?  Nice hOUSTon NUTT.  +1