Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Got This Email From The Parent of a Current UoA FB Player, VERY Interesting

Started by LSUFan, June 01, 2007, 12:38:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

86jacketstchamps

Quote from: ntubjr on June 02, 2007, 01:45:25 am
THIS IS THE SAME BS THAT IS ALWAYS ON THIS BOARD,I HAVE A RELATIVE IN THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM AND HRVE TALKED WITH A NUMBER OF PLAYERS   THRY HAVE ALL SAID THEY ARE BEHIND NUTT AND ARE GLAD MM AND DW ARE GONE TWO WRS TOLD ME THAT THEY WERE  GLAD GUS WAS GONE BECAUSE DW SHOULD NOT HAVE PLAYED AHEAD OF THEM IT IS BAD ENOUGH THAT MOST OF THE POSITIVE PEOPLE HAVE QUIT POSTING DO NOT INFER THAT THERE  ARE PROBLEMS ON THE TEAM WHEN ARE NONE IF ANY OF YOU DOUBT ME THEN PM HSV WITH YOUR SOURCE OR ASK HIM IF MINE ARE RIGHT I CAN GURRANTEE YHAT HE WILL TELL YOU THAT I KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT

I tell you what, let us know who it is you are speaking of and I might buy your story.

On the other hand, let me say that I have spoken to several players and a trainer on staff last year who all have said that MM & DW were good guys and not one time caused any problems with the team.  They did not say anything derogatory in regards to Nutt, but at the same time did not offer one comment in any form or fashion in defending him.  They only said that in regards to the personal issue, that would be something they would have no clue about, nor feel that it was anything they should be involved in. 

One said that although he never heard any direct derogatory comments targeted at Gus last year, he did say that it was obvious that there was some tension between Gus and a few of the coaches.  As he put it, they talked and communicated as needed, but rarely was there a lot of buddying around as there is with the ones closest to Nutt.

Now, here is where we may be different in our statements, I do not mind saying who told me these statements, and they do not mind as well.  I asked them, and like they said,...Truth is truth.

The one player I spoke with the most is Cord Gray, and the trainer is Todd Clark. 

Now, who was it you have spoken with that represented the majority of the team as you seemed to have suggested?

hogsanity

Quote from: HenduHog on June 01, 2007, 08:28:32 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on June 01, 2007, 01:36:15 pm
Quote from: cityhog on June 01, 2007, 01:28:28 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on June 01, 2007, 01:25:46 pm
"the wrong move"?  There are only 2 moves.  You either give 100% to WHOEVER the coach is, or you leave. 

BS.  What about those kids who grew up wanting to be Razorbacks their whole life?  They wanted to be Hogs, not Nutt minions. 

Then you play for the team, as I said, you either play with 100% effort, for WHOEVER, or you leave.  If you play sports for any length of time, you will get into a situation where you do not like the coach, you do not agree with him, and he may not like you.  You still only have 2 options, play hard or leave.

So, using your thought process, the soldiers and population of Germany were completely correct in following Hitler in the slaughtering of 3 million Jews. This statement is idiotic beyond belief.

Lets see, on the one side we are talking about PLAYING A GAME, and on the other, KILLING 3 million+ innocent people.  Yea, great comparison.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

86jacketstchamps

Quote from: ntubjr on June 02, 2007, 01:45:25 am
THIS IS THE SAME BS THAT IS ALWAYS ON THIS BOARD,I HAVE A RELATIVE IN THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM AND HRVE TALKED WITH A NUMBER OF PLAYERS   THRY HAVE ALL SAID THEY ARE BEHIND NUTT AND ARE GLAD MM AND DW ARE GONE TWO WRS TOLD ME THAT THEY WERE  GLAD GUS WAS GONE BECAUSE DW SHOULD NOT HAVE PLAYED AHEAD OF THEM IT IS BAD ENOUGH THAT MOST OF THE POSITIVE PEOPLE HAVE QUIT POSTING DO NOT INFER THAT THERE  ARE PROBLEMS ON THE TEAM WHEN ARE NONE IF ANY OF YOU DOUBT ME THEN PM HSV WITH YOUR SOURCE OR ASK HIM IF MINE ARE RIGHT I CAN GURRANTEE YHAT HE WILL TELL YOU THAT I KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT

Also, let's break down another comment you made....You said you spoke with 2 WR's that were glad Gus was gone due to DW playing ahead of them....hmm...let's see, who might they have been?  Do you honestly think Gus would have DW out there if they were that much better than him?  Who played in the Cap One bowl in DW's place that was that much more deserving than DW of playing time?    I do need to pm HSV or require his validation to come to an understanding that what you stated has quite a few holes in it.   Why would these players you mentioned be glad MM & DW are gone?  Is it due to turmoil they caused on the team....cause if so even Nutt has said that they never caused any problems with the team?  Is there something I missed along the way while watching MM help the team with 7 victories.....or was I seeing things when the team seemed to obviously support DW & MM along the way with the actions during games, that even Rick Shaefer discussed seemingly every day on DTS to show how the team and MM/DW were close and happy?

I have no doubt that all players do not get along, and I am sure that some you may have spoken with may have not meshed well with these two, but do not try to imply that the entire team felt a certain way, when in fact that is not even close to the truth.

casken

Quote from: hogsanity on June 02, 2007, 09:57:16 am
"the wrong move"?  There are only 2 moves.  You either give 100% to WHOEVER the coach is, or you leave. 

BS.  What about those kids who grew up wanting to be Razorbacks their whole life?  They wanted to be Hogs, not Nutt minions. 

Then you play for the team, as I said, you either play with 100% effort, for WHOEVER, or you leave.  If you play sports for any length of time, you will get into a situation where you do not like the coach, you do not agree with him, and he may not like you.  You still only have 2 options, play hard or leave.

So, using your thought process, the soldiers and population of Germany were completely correct in following Hitler in the slaughtering of 3 million Jews. This statement is idiotic beyond belief.

Lets see, on the one side we are talking about PLAYING A GAME, and on the other, KILLING 3 million+ innocent people.  Yea, great comparison.

YOu are correct sir, your statement is indeed "idiotic beyond belief".  To compare the two, expresses a tremendous ignorance of one of the most tragic historical periods known to man.  By comparison, the HDN issues are light and meaningless.  Pick a different analogy.
I must side with hogsanity on this.  Coaches are the bosses of the program.  Players need to follow their leadership and do the team thing.  Whatever HDN has or has not done is not up for daily review and approval from his players.  No unit, sports or otherwise, could survive that type of structure.  To advocate that displays a misunderstanding of how teams are brought together to function as one.

WPS :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

dacskc

Quote from: HamShank on June 02, 2007, 08:46:13 am
Quote from: hogfan2286 on June 01, 2007, 09:24:24 pm

Comparing the situation in Nazi Germany to the atmosphere in the Razorback locker room is idiotic. 

I have a good friend on the team and he has never said anything about being worried about Nutt running him or any other player off.

Comparing the Nutt Regime to the Third Reich is preposterous.  For example, members of the Third Reich didn't have gatorade, massages, or the best grass.

Lol...funny in a "Springtime for Hitler" kind of way.

dacskc

Quote from: casken on June 02, 2007, 10:06:17 am

YOu are correct sir, your statement is indeed "idiotic beyond belief".  To compare the two, expresses a tremendous ignorance of one of the most tragic historical periods known to man.  By comparison, the HDN issues are light and meaningless.  Pick a different analogy.
I must side with hogsanity on this.  Coaches are the bosses of the program.  Players need to follow their leadership and do the team thing.  Whatever HDN has or has not done is not up for daily review and approval from his players.  No unit, sports or otherwise, could survive that type of structure.  To advocate that displays a misunderstanding of how teams are brought together to function as one.

We must stick with the Watergate analogy, it's a can't miss.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: kennedy on June 02, 2007, 08:39:58 am
ntubjr is right. Everything he said is the complete truth.

You people need to get a clue.
We have a clue and the evidence, just need a judge with a sack and a conscience to sink this ship. You'll be amazed at all the talking thats going to go on by players staff and more importantly former players and staff if the judge rules a certain way. Remember in the Heath ordeal everything was peachy with the players until he was gone then just a couple spoke up but I felt like others could have but thought better.

bphi11ips

Quote from: dacskc on June 02, 2007, 10:15:46 am

Actually the Hiter analogy is appropriate.  No one is suggesting the Holocaust is remotely similar to the havoc the Nutts (including Diana), Herring, Prewitt, and White (I am leaving Broyles out but maybe he is culpable for simply not firing Nutt) have wreaked on the football program.  To suggest that would be completely inhuman.  Hogsanity is generally reasonable and is smarter than to believe anyone has made such a suggestion.

The analogy is this - Hitler had his Goebbels; Nutt has Barrett, Schaeffer, Bazzell, lately White, etc.  The propaganda machine is truly unbelieveable.  Rather than report the obvious truth and support the obviously correct conclusion that Nutt and his brother should have been terminated in February, AT THE LATEST, they are supported by THE MACHINE.  THAT, plus the SHEEP who fall into LOCKSTEP with THE MACHINE, is the analogy.  Don't act like it isn't. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

dacskc

Quote from: bphi11ips on June 02, 2007, 11:48:06 am

Actually the Hiter analogy is appropriate.  No one is suggesting the Holocaust is remotely similar to the havoc the Nutts (including Diana), Herring, Prewitt, and White (I am leaving Broyles out but maybe he is culpable for simply not firing Nutt) have wreaked on the football program.  To suggest that would be completely inhuman.  Hogsanity is generally reasonable and is smarter than to believe anyone has made such a suggestion.

The analogy is this - Hitler had his Goebbels; Nutt has Barrett, Schaeffer, Bazzell, lately White, etc.  The propaganda machine is truly unbelieveable.  Rather than report the obvious truth and support the obviously correct conclusion that Nutt and his brother should have been terminated in February, AT THE LATEST, they are supported by THE MACHINE.  THAT, plus the SHEEP who fall into LOCKSTEP with THE MACHINE, is the analogy.  Don't act like it isn't. 

I agree with you about the political side of the analogy being comparable, but you know that any Nazi analogy will get slammed due to the Auschwitz aspect, whether or not that was the intent.(and it wasn't) The thread would then get derailed, which is, of course, the ultimate goal of huggers...to distract us from the facts.

menehune

Sometimes the PTB back up their employees not because they totally believe in them but to protect the office/structure of the business.  Whether you like or dislike Houston Nutt as the coach of the Arkansas Razorback football team isn't the point here, IMO.  It is about the lengths to which those against the current coach/situation have gone to get the outcome they desire.  If you allow people to randomly disrupt business practices with constant upheaval, business will not get done.  I think that is where those pushing this issue underestimated the U of A in backing HDN.  To those in the administration of businesses, it becomes the principle of the thing more than the actual issue at hand.  Just my thoughts.

casken

"the ultimate goal of huggers...to distract us from the facts."

In NO WAY am I a hugger.  The nazi analogy doesn't apply, the stakes are so much higher (and the degree of intimidation off the chart as is the resulting evil) it is laughable to try to apply it.  It weakens rather than stregthens the argument.  And as one that finds more agreement with the darksiders than huggers in principle, I can say without hestitation the Darksiders are KING of the  distraction tactics.  Hands down. 

Also an issue that I may have missed it's discussion is this:  What degree of authority do you think a coach shoud have.  Should the players be free to express their unhappiness on a regular and uncontrolled manner?  How many coaches would allow that?  I think none.
I can imagine Vince Lombardi being told one of his players just wasn't happy with his methods!

"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

rocksalt

Quote from: menehune on June 02, 2007, 12:54:37 pm
Sometimes the PTB back up their employees not because they totally believe in them but to protect the office/structure of the business.  Whether you like or dislike Houston Nutt as the coach of the Arkansas Razorback football team isn't the point here, IMO.  It is about the lengths to which those against the current coach/situation have gone to get the outcome they desire.  If you allow people to randomly disrupt business practices with constant upheaval, business will not get done.  I think that is where those pushing this issue underestimated the U of A in backing HDN.  To those in the administration of businesses, it becomes the principle of the thing more than the actual issue at hand.  Just my thoughts.

You have a valid point there. But it seems to me that their vision was at some point too clouded by principle to be objective and say "wait - we may need to check out this one".
It's a Mother-In-Law defense - Constant Pressure and Harrassment.   J. Pelphrey

We are on the "Highway to Hellphrey"...  "40 minutes of Hellphrey" !      Hogfans

The Marmot

Quote from: dacskc on June 02, 2007, 12:01:12 pm
Quote from: bphi11ips on June 02, 2007, 11:48:06 am

I agree with you about the political side of the analogy being comparable, but you know that any Nazi analogy will get slammed due to the Auschwitz aspect, whether or not that was the intent.(and it wasn't) The thread would then get derailed, which is, of course, the ultimate goal of huggers...to distract us from the facts.

I do not support Nutt in any way, and I understand the LOGIC of the analogy, but to compare anything/anyone to Hitler and the Nazis is in very bad taste, and I will always express my displeasure with it.... just as I will jump on the Nutt supporters that compare anyone who doesnt support him to jihadist radicals, which is just as bad and has been done many times.

Keep it in perspective and think before you type.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

dacskc

Quote from: casken on June 02, 2007, 01:10:38 pm

In NO WAY am I a hugger.  The nazi analogy doesn't apply, the stakes are so much higher (and the degree of intimidation off the chart as is the resulting evil) it is laughable to try to apply it.  It weakens rather than stregthens the argument.  And as one that finds more agreement with the darksiders than huggers in principle, I can say without hestitation the Darksiders are KING of the  distraction tactics.  Hands down. 

Also an issue that I may have missed it's discussion is this:  What degree of authority do you think a coach shoud have.  Should the players be free to express their unhappiness on a regular and uncontrolled manner?  How many coaches would allow that?  I think none.
I can imagine Vince Lombardi being told one of his players just wasn't happy with his methods!

Of course, they are not the same...but loose comparisons can be drawn, ie bphillips referrence to the Goebbels- like BAC spin machine. I DO think, it's best to avoid the analogy altogether. I don't think the Darkside is the side who wants the smoke and mirrors, so I disagree on that point. The Darkside wants Discovery not Distraction.

casken

Quote from: dacskc on June 02, 2007, 02:02:16 pm

Of course, they are not the same...but loose comparisons can be drawn, ie bphillips referrence to the Goebbels- like BAC spin machine. I DO think, it's best to avoid the analogy altogether. I don't think the Darkside is the side who wants the smoke and mirrors, so I disagree on that point. The Darkside wants Discovery not Distraction.

Perhaps we both paint with too broad a brush.  But I have seen far too many derailed threads that dealt with very little (if any) factual arguments. And the ones I think of were definately Darkside derailments.  So we can kindly disagree.

I think there are sufficient facts to cast a pretty dark shadow upon HDN's abilities.  But sometimes in our fervor to discredit the man we have lost the ability to discern what are truly facts and those things that are not.  Efforts to discredit HDN have gotten so bizzarre that the message has less validity when viewed objectively.

I do take kind issue with the idea that the Darkside wants discovery...some do.  But many just want blood and at any cost.  That is where I part with the anti-Nutt crowd.

dacskc

Quote from: casken on June 02, 2007, 02:07:49 pm

Perhaps we both paint with too broad a brush.  But I have seen far too many derailed threads that dealt with very little (if any) factual arguments. And the ones I think of were definately Darkside derailments.  So we can kindly disagree.

I think there are sufficient facts to cast a pretty dark shadow upon HDN's abilities.  But sometimes in our fervor to discredit the man we have lost the ability to discern what are truly facts and those things that are not.  Efforts to discredit HDN have gotten so bizzarre that the message has less validity when viewed objectively.

Point taken. You are are a level-headed poster , casken.

casken

Quote from: dacskc on June 02, 2007, 02:12:17 pm
Quote from: casken on June 02, 2007, 02:07:49 pm

Point taken. You are are a level-headed poster , casken.

As are you, I enjoyed the discussion.

RebelliousHog

Quote from: bearcathog on June 02, 2007, 09:31:09 am
Quote from: HamShank on June 02, 2007, 08:46:13 am
Quote from: hogfan2286 on June 01, 2007, 09:24:24 pm

Comparing the situation in Nazi Germany to the atmosphere in the Razorback locker room is idiotic. 

I have a good friend on the team and he has never said anything about being worried about Nutt running him or any other player off.

Comparing the Nutt Regime to the Third Reich is preposterous.  For example, members of the Third Reich didn't have gatorade, massages, or the best grass.

I read somewhere that on internet message boards when someone has lost and argument and cannot add anything else to a discussion they pull out Hilter.

You read it incorrectly. I may have used this analogy incorrectly, but it was not a conscience thought because I thought I had lost an argument. Instead of saying I'm wrong to use the analogy, why aren't you guys coming up with an argument against it besides, "You bad boy, stop doing that."
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

boarhog12

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on June 02, 2007, 10:42:17 am
Quote from: kennedy on June 02, 2007, 08:39:58 am
ntubjr is right. Everything he said is the complete truth.

You people need to get a clue.
We have a clue and the evidence, just need a judge with a sack and a conscience to sink this ship. You'll be amazed at all the talking thats going to go on by players staff and more importantly former players and staff if the judge rules a certain way. Remember in the Heath ordeal everything was peachy with the players until he was gone then just a couple spoke up but I felt like others could have but thought better.
What are the odds that, if the judge finds for White and throws out the lawsuit, the post here will say that its just another case of the good ol'boys getting to someone? And how long before someone wants to investagate the judge?

JEM

What are the odds that, if the judge finds for White and throws out the lawsuit,  70%
the post here will say that its just another case of the good ol'boys getting to someone? post 100&   posts 60&
And how long before someone wants to investagate the judge? 10 min,
some one to put up the money to investagate the judge? never

MuckyPig

I just don't get this thread...(didn't read the whole thing, "snore").  I have to draw the line when a coach can't coach because of "feelings".  Everyone needs to remember that a team's coach is the leader of a benevolent dictatorship...not a democracy...he gets first/last/final say on EVERYTHING.  Vilify the man if you like but just because he is coach is good enough reason for him to bench someone that he doesn't like.  What a great leason for life...if you boss doesn't like you - you screwed up somewhere...fix it or find another job.  If you whine and complain to much - you're our - - - or you don't agree with the way he runs the company...you had better find another job. 

If he is a big enough "dork" or screw up, eventually...his failures will get his bosses attention.  But if they don't then you better get the job done the way he wants or your fired.

Our Springdale boys get this.  They all chose to work for someone else.  Most likely to their own benefit.

You guys have got to move on.  Your leading a revolt from the outside and its going to kill the company before it kills the CEO.  Business is already slipping and we will see a change soon but THIS is a dead issue.

Have a lovely day.

M-Pig

Michaelt

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on June 01, 2007, 01:25:29 pm
Quote from: LSUFan on June 01, 2007, 12:38:59 pm
The bottom line...the thing that is obvious to me...and the thing that makes me most sad, is . . . ***** is VERY aware that he could suffer if someone - him or anyone around him - "makes the wrong move." That speaks volumes to me about what these kids have gone through, and what they have yet to go through. -

That is what is so wrong with the leadership. These kids should not be having these kinds of worries and fears.

Please keep me informed. Thanks!

No one has anything to say here?  C'mon folks.  I can't verify this is 100% true, but I have had more than one e-mail saying the same kind of thing. 

The players don't feel like they can say anything safely.  Is that the environment you think we should have on the Hill?
Whats to say? Do you want people to comment on hearsay? Or what could even be a phantom comment from a phantom email in order to appeal to those who want to continue to stir things up?

Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

z-pak

The bottom line...the thing that is obvious to me...and the thing that makes me most sad, is . . . ***** is VERY aware that he could suffer if someone - him or anyone around him - "makes the wrong move." That speaks volumes to me about what these kids have gone through, and what they have yet to go through. -

That is what is so wrong with the leadership. These kids should not be having these kinds of worries and fears.

Like this doesn't happen at other places.  Do you think Lou Holtz would have put up with someones mother complaining to the athletic director, or a kid calling him a dork in a book?  Heck no.  Do you think Bob Stoobs would put up with crap like that?  NO way.  I'm not saying Dale is innocent of everything, but neither are the kids (or parents) involved.
Gentle Ben...sad

The hairy one can kiss my chicken skin.

macgyver hawg

Quote from: z-pak on June 03, 2007, 08:44:16 am

Like this doesn't happen at other places.  Do you think Lou Holtz would have put up with someones mother complaining to the athletic director, or a kid calling him a dork in a book?  Heck no.  Do you think Bob Stoobs would put up with crap like that?  NO way.  I'm not saying Dale is innocent of everything, but neither are the kids (or parents) involved.

Like Stoops would have botched the recruiting process or gotten his team to the point where they had no passing game for 8 years.  He had a high powered running and passing attack.

86jacketstchamps

Quote from: z-pak on June 03, 2007, 08:44:16 am

I will agree that parents most times(or rarely is noticed) at the collegiate level of athletics.  That does not excuse a "anything goes" type mentality with how their sons/daughters are treated or developed by the coaching staff that is in charge of their welfare.

Has anyone taken the time to think about the possibility that things have happened over the years, and that quite possibly there is more going on then most are willing and able to believe.  It is hard to imagine that some of the accused actions could have possibly taken place, but let's not be so naive to think that it could not happen.  We have been proven time and time again in history to always expect the unexpected. 

With that said and the surrounding circumstantial evidence, the fan apathy, the documented actions, and the obvious miscommunications, I feel that it is going to take a full blown discovery type action by someone that is willing to stand up and spell it out.  Someone credible, and not hesitant to state what may or may not have happened and be willing to take the heat.

I have just recently discoverd some possible things that Dmac went through with Nutt during the immediate time following his pre-season injury last year.  I was hesitant to believe some of the discussions, but some things were mentioned that stirred my memory....and honestly it seems that Nutt has a history of being unable to get over things that bother him.  It is a flaw that many people have, but when it is that of someone so much in the public eye, then it could be a major issue.

razorbass

Back when i played the coaches would grab you by the face mask a sling you around all the time the only thing i got out of it was try not to do that crap again but i sill stayed!!!!!

86jacketstchamps

Quote from: razorbass on June 03, 2007, 09:17:10 am
Back when i played the coaches would grab you by the face mask a sling you around all the time the only thing i got out of it was try not to do that crap again but i sill stayed!!!!!

Agreed totally, but let's be careful in analyzing someone's character in such an incident.  Do not forget that Nutt was very upset and made it known that Holtz chewing on him, by grabbing his facemask on the sideline was degrading and hard to get over.  Holtz himself made this statement as well.  Nutt did not stay, as we all know, and I would say handled his transfer in a far less standup way.

razorbass

Quote from: 86jacketstchamps on June 03, 2007, 09:26:08 am
Quote from: razorbass on June 03, 2007, 09:17:10 am

Agreed totally, but let's be careful in analyzing someone's character in such an incident.  Do not forget that Nutt was very upset and made it known that Holtz chewing on him, by grabbing his facemask on the sideline was degrading and hard to get over.  Holtz himself made this statement as well.  Nutt did not stay, as we all know, and I would say handled his transfer in a far less standup way.
good point!!

Pig_Lebowski

Actually Nutt and the Nazis have a couple of things in common. Early the Nazis had a powerful air attack, and punishing ground game, The Luftwaffe disappeared because it was left in the hands of an idiot, and the ground attack ran into serious setbacks due to lack of an air attack.

Nutt ist kaput.

BaggerHog

Quote from: MuckyPig on June 02, 2007, 08:25:55 pm
I just don't get this thread...(didn't read the whole thing, "snore").  I have to draw the line when a coach can't coach because of "feelings".  Everyone needs to remember that a team's coach is the leader of a benevolent dictatorship...not a democracy...he gets first/last/final say on EVERYTHING.  Vilify the man if you like but just because he is coach is good enough reason for him to bench someone that he doesn't like.  What a great leason for life...if you boss doesn't like you - you screwed up somewhere...fix it or find another job.  If you whine and complain to much - you're our - - - or you don't agree with the way he runs the company...you had better find another job. 

If he is a big enough "dork" or screw up, eventually...his failures will get his bosses attention.  But if they don't then you better get the job done the way he wants or your fired.

Our Springdale boys get this.  They all chose to work for someone else.  Most likely to their own benefit.

You guys have got to move on.  Your leading a revolt from the outside and its going to kill the company before it kills the CEO.  Business is already slipping and we will see a change soon but THIS is a dead issue.

Have a lovely day.

M-Pig
Really,

It doesn't always work that way.

I knew a man once that had a lower level management job with a fairly large company. He didn't do his job very well to say the least. He was right on the verge of loosing his job when he let it be known to the some upper management people that he had obtained enough dirt on them that if he went he would surly take them with him.

He parlayed that into a nice soft job doing practically nothing and getting a nice raise in salary.

BodcawHawg

I read more and post less.

wearyhog

Quote from: BaggerVance on June 03, 2007, 01:53:51 pm

I knew a man once that had a lower level management job with a fairly large company. He didn’t do his job very well to say the least. He was right on the verge of loosing his job when he let it be known to the some upper management people that he had obtained enough dirt on them that if he went he would surly take them with him.

He parlayed that into a nice soft job doing practically nothing and getting a nice raise in salary.

Certainly makes one wonder if this is not part of the story with HDN.

Why have the PTB not dealt with the situation?

HDN having some dirt is the only thing that makes sense to me. Or there was a "deal" cut in February.  Probably would have worked...except "they" didn't count on people taking this seriously.

BartIV

I think D-Mac could call Houston Nutt a Dork and he would still be the starting RB for the UofA.

casken

Quote from: ilovemm on June 03, 2007, 02:02:45 pm

You forget one important element.  Most coaches would not have to "threaten" or "intimidate" their players into not talking, or demand that they not remain friends with players who have left the program.  The players should have enough respect for their coach not to voice their displeasure publicly and should feel comfortable discussing their concerns with their coach.
Why does our program feel they have to rally the team by convincing these kids that it is "us against them?"

Interesting thoughts, I'll respond IMOHO:

Just about every coach I ever played for had a threatening or intimidating routine.  But please do tell the factual information that this did happen.  When was a player told to not let others be their friends?  I haven't heard that one.

Never met any coach who everyone on the team respected.  Some did, some didn't.  Respect is a choice that a subordinate makes toward someone in authority.  Sometimes they deserve it sometimes not.  But it is still a choice of the player.  And I agree they should have enough respect to not voice displeasures publically.  And to a great degree that is exactly what several have done.  And they get chided on here for doing just what you refer to.  But it it is called a lie here (or fear of reprisal)  rather than respect, because we Nutthaters can't stand the thought that just maybe some of the players really do support him.

Good coaches will find something to rally around, and I do agree this seems to be a mistake that HDN seems to be making.

WPS  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

MuckyPig

"Most Coaches don't threaten or intimidate players"

"I knew a guy who had dirt and parlayed that into a promotion"

Reaching....really reaching. 

Wrong and exceptions. 

I'm pretty sure we could give examples of every possible exception to every rule and claim that it is what is going on at U of A.  You have to do better.  Make a point that isn't speculation or filling in gaps with speculation.

I'm with you brother.

M-Pig

wishyjoshy

Have you reached the point where reason and logic have no baring on your thought process?
I used to respect the fact that you were slow to accuse someone and are always submissive to authority - even to a fault, but this has reached the point where you are merely arguing a position in an attempt to save face or in flat out denial of the situation. 

Sick.

Hawglover1988

How much money should we bet that this is a non-starter and possibly even a third string player saying this.  Plus, I see no facts showing that this is true at all.  So much stuff has been made up and speculated in regards to this whole mess from both sides that it's impossible to know what is true and what isn't.  That's why it's best to just forget about it all and rate this coaching staff on their future production.  If they get it done, then great.  If they don't, then that will be dealt with appropriately by the powers that be.

hoghearted

Quote from: Hawglover1988 on June 04, 2007, 10:15:45 am

How much money should we bet that this is a non-starter and possibly even a third string player saying this.  Plus, I see no facts showing that this is true at all.  So much stuff has been made up and speculated in regards to this whole mess from both sides that it's impossible to know what is true and what isn't.  That's why it's best to just forget about it all and rate this coaching staff on their future production.  If they get it done, then great.  If they don't, then that will be dealt with appropriately by the powers that be.

What does it matter the player's starting position on the roster?  ???
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Mr. Hog

Quote from: Conway Cool Daddy on June 01, 2007, 02:46:43 pm
Quote from: malzhanista on June 01, 2007, 02:42:53 pm
Quote from: joedirt on June 01, 2007, 02:25:28 pm
Quote from: LSUFan on June 01, 2007, 02:13:49 pm
Quote from: joedirt on June 01, 2007, 02:11:19 pm
Quote from: razorsox on June 01, 2007, 02:02:22 pm
Quote from: joedirt on June 01, 2007, 01:42:18 pm
Exactly hogsanity.  Players should not be worrying about making the wrong move or saying the wrong thing.  They came up there play ball and get an education.  They need to do what they were recruited to do, which isn't to give opinions on the coach.  They should all have the same attitude as D-Mac and everything will work out.

Spare me the Dmac is righteous crap.

Spare me the poor little springdale boys crap.
I have met you jd, I know you love your kids. I also know you don't know what a lot of these kids went through. I think I know you well enough to say you would not stand by and let your kids suffer what these kids have.

I don't doubt that you do know more than I do what went on.  I guess I was just raised a little different than a lot of people on here.  I was taught that when I make a commitment, stand by it.  Don't bail out at the first sign of trouble.  I know that there's two sides to every story, and In this case, I don't think either side was 100% right.  People make mistakes every day.  I think Houston Nutt is a good person, but I think there's plenty of things he could have handled differently.  On the same note, no one is ever going to convince me that MM was just a poor little innocent bystandard that got picked on for no reason.

Why can't you be convinced joe, that mitch was an innocent bystander? Name even one public action mitch took to make you think he was anything other than an angel. Just one Joe.
Not to slam on Mitch, but he did call Dale a dork.

A very accurate statement !
Go Hogs Go!

Choctaw Hog

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: paraloma on June 01, 2007, 04:55:05 pm
Quote from: swisshog on June 01, 2007, 04:20:21 pm
Is the audio available somewhere? Especially the slowed down version?

This is my ringtone.

Fantastic and +1 to you.  I'm still laughing.

Click

Mr. Hog

Quote from: MacGyver Hawg on June 01, 2007, 04:31:36 pm
Mitch called him a dork but other players have been arrested, even jailed, yet are given chance after chance.  Why is calling someone a dork even an issue.

I don't understand.

I am working very hard with my Children now to teach them whatever you do don't use the D word it is the most vile of all words and to be very careful with it's use.

But as an adult i can say....Fire the Dork !
Go Hogs Go!

IllmaticRackit

Quote from: Mid Major Legs™ on June 01, 2007, 02:06:40 pm

So the coach who can be fired or have corrected action placed against him should just be allowed to carry on as is?  Especially a coach who isn't exactly tearing it up in the SEC.

Are you saying it would be ok to treat players bad if HDN was winning MNC's?
"If you have hate in your heart, let it out."

-Chappelle

IllmaticRackit

Quote from: BartIV on June 03, 2007, 03:07:25 pm
I think D-Mac could call Houston Nutt a Dork and he would still be the starting RB for the UofA.

I suspect he would have stood up for himself in the team meeting, also.
"If you have hate in your heart, let it out."

-Chappelle

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: Mr. Hog on June 04, 2007, 10:59:42 am
Quote from: Conway Cool Daddy on June 01, 2007, 02:46:43 pm
Quote from: malzhanista on June 01, 2007, 02:42:53 pm
Quote from: joedirt on June 01, 2007, 02:25:28 pm
Quote from: LSUFan on June 01, 2007, 02:13:49 pm
Quote from: joedirt on June 01, 2007, 02:11:19 pm
Quote from: razorsox on June 01, 2007, 02:02:22 pm
Quote from: joedirt on June 01, 2007, 01:42:18 pm
Exactly hogsanity.  Players should not be worrying about making the wrong move or saying the wrong thing.  They came up there play ball and get an education.  They need to do what they were recruited to do, which isn't to give opinions on the coach.  They should all have the same attitude as D-Mac and everything will work out.

Spare me the Dmac is righteous crap.

Spare me the poor little springdale boys crap.
I have met you jd, I know you love your kids. I also know you don't know what a lot of these kids went through. I think I know you well enough to say you would not stand by and let your kids suffer what these kids have.

I don't doubt that you do know more than I do what went on.  I guess I was just raised a little different than a lot of people on here.  I was taught that when I make a commitment, stand by it.  Don't bail out at the first sign of trouble.  I know that there's two sides to every story, and In this case, I don't think either side was 100% right.  People make mistakes every day.  I think Houston Nutt is a good person, but I think there's plenty of things he could have handled differently.  On the same note, no one is ever going to convince me that MM was just a poor little innocent bystandard that got picked on for no reason.

Why can't you be convinced joe, that mitch was an innocent bystander? Name even one public action mitch took to make you think he was anything other than an angel. Just one Joe.
Not to slam on Mitch, but he did call Dale a dork.

A very accurate statement !

I called him much worse when he made his idiotic comments. "That was a called play and I called it Chuck!"  "I made some good calls today"! Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, .......  Can you imagine any other college coach acting like such a buffoon? 

Hawglover1988

Quote from: hoghearted on June 04, 2007, 10:19:22 am

Because most likely they are a little disgruntled.  Hmmmm.....

Fourhogs

Quote from: Hawglover1988 on June 04, 2007, 11:20:38 am

Or...or...maybe they simply know their role on this team - which may not be as a starter - and simply see/hear things that aren't above board.  Hmmmmm...  A possibility?  I should think so.  It's highly unlikely that ALL recruits come in thinking they will at some time start or possibly ever start (reality is bound to set in at some point), but are satisfied with the opportunity and education via scholarship.

Hawglover1988

Quote from: Fourhogs on June 04, 2007, 12:30:38 pm
Quote from: Hawglover1988 on June 04, 2007, 11:20:38 am

Or...or...maybe they simply know their role on this team - which may not be as a starter - and simply see/hear things that aren't above board.  Hmmmmm...  A possibility?  I should think so.  It's highly unlikely that ALL recruits come in thinking they will at some time start or possibly ever start (reality is bound to set in at some point), but are satisfied with the opportunity and education via scholarship.

My point is that too many people are always willing to first take these type posts/comments as fact and second always assume that the person making these type comments are pure as the snow is white when the comments are made.  I tend to need facts instead of believing hearsay and for most part flat out false statements.