Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Got This Email From The Parent of a Current UoA FB Player, VERY Interesting

Started by LSUFan, June 01, 2007, 12:38:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LSUFan

The bottom line...the thing that is obvious to me...and the thing that makes me most sad, is . . . ***** is VERY aware that he could suffer if someone - him or anyone around him - "makes the wrong move." That speaks volumes to me about what these kids have gone through, and what they have yet to go through. -

That is what is so wrong with the leadership. These kids should not be having these kinds of worries and fears.

Please keep me informed. Thanks!

fullfan

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: LSUFan on June 01, 2007, 12:38:59 pm
The bottom line...the thing that is obvious to me...and the thing that makes me most sad, is . . . ***** is VERY aware that he could suffer if someone - him or anyone around him - "makes the wrong move." That speaks volumes to me about what these kids have gone through, and what they have yet to go through. -

That is what is so wrong with the leadership. These kids should not be having these kinds of worries and fears.

No one has anything to say here?  C'mon folks.  I can't verify this is 100% true, but I have had more than one e-mail saying the same kind of thing. 

The players don't feel like they can say anything safely.  Is that the environment you think we should have on the Hill?

silvertip

I've been in a situation like that, when you have a tyrant for a boss, and his immediate superiors will not believe anything is wrong.

If you go "over his head" with a problem that the tyrant caused or refuses to address, his blind superiors will tell HIM to look into it, and then you're screwed big-time.

In a situation like that, your organization loses morale & talented people, whose only relief is to leave your "team" and take their talents elsewhere. After awhile, the word gets out, and your recruiting suffers as well.

The Springdale parents trusted Frank Broyles to address their questions, and 2 of their kids are now gone from the program. Having learned from that meeting with Frank, Beck Campbell takes the email problem to White, and what does he do? Pass the buck back down to the guy that is causing the problem.

That's why you'll see a Damian William's leave, and simply say: "There's things going on there that I don't want to be a part of."

hogsanity

"the wrong move"?  There are only 2 moves.  You either give 100% to WHOEVER the coach is, or you leave. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

cityhog

Quote from: hogsanity on June 01, 2007, 01:25:46 pm
"the wrong move"?  There are only 2 moves.  You either give 100% to WHOEVER the coach is, or you leave. 

BS.  What about those kids who grew up wanting to be Razorbacks their whole life?  They wanted to be Hogs, not Nutt minions. 

fullfan

If this kind of threatening cloud hangs over the players should they make the wrong move or say the wrong thing then I imagine the media feels the same way about losing their priviledges should they point out criticisms of the program.  

For all you who think that all the message boards, lawsuits, ect... are hurting the program answer this.  How do you affect change while remaining a fan of the program(going to games, donations) when the PTB turn a deaf ear to the fans and a blind eye to HC?

cityhog

OR you say something and suddenly your benched.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: silvertip on June 01, 2007, 01:25:42 pm
I've been in a situation like that, when you have a tyrant for a boss, and his immediate superiors will not believe anything is wrong.

If you go "over his head" with a problem that the tyrant caused or refuses to address, his blind superiors will tell HIM to look into it, and then you're screwed big-time.

The Springdale parents trusted Frank Broyles to address their questions, and 2 of their kids are now gone from the program. Having learned from that meeting with Frank, Beck Campbell takes the email problem to White, and what does he do? Pass the buck back down to the guy that is causing the problem.

That's why you'll see a Damian William's leave, and simply say: There's things going on there that I don't want to be a part of."

That's a darn good synopsis.

And I had forgotten that DW said that...

dacskc

So an "underling" should always serve his superior blindly? That is wrong on so many levels.

hogsanity

Quote from: cityhog on June 01, 2007, 01:28:28 pm

BS.  What about those kids who grew up wanting to be Razorbacks their whole life?  They wanted to be Hogs, not Nutt minions. 

Then you play for the team, as I said, you either play with 100% effort, for WHOEVER, or you leave.  If you play sports for any length of time, you will get into a situation where you do not like the coach, you do not agree with him, and he may not like you.  You still only have 2 options, play hard or leave.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogsanity

Quote from: dacskc on June 01, 2007, 01:36:07 pm

So an "underling" should always serve his superior blindly? That is wrong on so many levels.

Serve blindly, no, but, if you choose to stay and play, you give 100% for your team mates.

cityhog

Quote from: hogsanity on June 01, 2007, 01:37:14 pm

So is it for the "teamates" or the "coach" that you shut up and play hard?  You've stated both.

Serve blindly, no, but, if you choose to stay and play, you give 100% for your team mates.

cityhog

Quote from: cityhog on June 01, 2007, 01:40:39 pm

So is it for the "teamates" or the "coach" that you shut up and play hard?  You've stated both.

joedirt

Exactly hogsanity.  Players should not be worrying about making the wrong move or saying the wrong thing.  They came up there play ball and get an education.  They need to do what they were recruited to do, which isn't to give opinions on the coach.  They should all have the same attitude as D-Mac and everything will work out.

dacskc

I'm sure the Springdale kids gave their all on the field (freshman blunders notwithstanding) but, when their concerns were ignored or they were just downright treated badly they chose option #3: forced to leave. I don't think option #2 was what they truly wanted.

John Futrall

Quote from: LSUFan on June 01, 2007, 12:38:59 pm

Well...we all know that they can't use the word "dork" anymore ;)

wayneslane

Well obviously you don't get it. Wrong move means hey coach these shoes that I have to wear becuase you are making money off a sponsorship are killing me. Can we do something about it. Then get punished for it or treated like you are a trouble maker. That is the kind of BS these kids have to worry about. Little crap that shouldn't be an issue.

joedirt

Quote from: dacskc on June 01, 2007, 01:42:29 pm

I'm sure the Springdale kids gave their all on the field (freshman blunders notwithstanding) but, when their concerns were ignored or they were just downright treated badly they chose option #3: forced to leave. I don't think option #2 was what they truly wanted.

I think some of the Springdale players expected to have the world handed to them and it didn't work out that way.  It they would have been team players, they wouldn't have caught the flack they did.  I think the Springdale player that chose to stay has the right attitude.  You didn't hear about him getting hemmed up by the rest of the team. 

press ham

reminds me of when hillis was "off limits to the media" for a while for commenting on the offense..

The Marmot

Quote from: joedirt on June 01, 2007, 01:46:01 pm

I think some of the Springdale players expected to have the world handed to them and it didn't work out that way.  It they would have been team players, they wouldn't have caught the flack they did.  I think the Springdale player that chose to stay has the right attitude.  You didn't hear about him getting hemmed up by the rest of the team. 

And what happened or was said that would make you think that?? How were they not team players?
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

D-Maczone

Quote from: wayneslane on June 01, 2007, 01:44:50 pm
Well obviously you don't get it. Wrong move means hey coach these shoes that I have to wear becuase you are making money off a sponsorship are killing me. Can we do something about it. Then get punished for it or treated like you are a trouble maker. That is the kind of BS these kids have to worry about. Little crap that shouldn't be an issue.

Don't you know its all about the shoes!!!!!  I ask again, what other player has ever made such a big deal about his gosh darn shoes.  I guess he is so special he has special feet too.  

War Warthog

Agree completely.

I think the Coach should also be giving 100% to his players.

It is not a one-way street.

Resignation called, brutha!

dacskc

Quote from: D-Maczone on June 01, 2007, 01:52:09 pm

Don't you know its all about the shoes!!!!!  I ask again, what other player has ever made such a big deal about his gosh darn shoes.  I guess he is so special he has special feet too.  

Other players were allowed to wear their own shoes, when they asked, MM was not. That is how he was being treated differently. It's not that he had a different complaint than other players, it was that he wasn't given the same opportunity to fix it.

joedirt

Quote from: The Marmot on June 01, 2007, 01:51:42 pm

And what happened or was said that would make you think that?? How were they not team players?

I don't have to justify my opinion to you.  If I had agreed with everyone else on on this thread, you wouldn't have asked me why I thought that way.

rocksalt

I think the Springdale players were sold the idea it would be that way.  They thought they were there to do a certain job and were excited to be able to do it.  Had it really gone the way they were promised they would have been viewed as team players. "Attitude Reflects Leadership"
It's a Mother-In-Law defense - Constant Pressure and Harrassment.   J. Pelphrey

We are on the "Highway to Hellphrey"...  "40 minutes of Hellphrey" !      Hogfans

porkurina

I don't remember MM complaining about his shoes to the public.  His grandma did.  The only thing I remember is that his helmet disappeared.

razorsox

Quote from: joedirt on June 01, 2007, 01:42:18 pm
Exactly hogsanity.  Players should not be worrying about making the wrong move or saying the wrong thing.  They came up there play ball and get an education.  They need to do what they were recruited to do, which isn't to give opinions on the coach.  They should all have the same attitude as D-Mac and everything will work out.

Spare me the Dmac is righteous crap.
The last thing we need is a bunch of rednecks running around with McFadden Cowboy jerseys.

dacskc

Quote from: joedirt on June 01, 2007, 02:00:17 pm

I don't have to justify my opinion to you.  If I had agreed with everyone else on on this thread, you wouldn't have asked me why I thought that way.

You don't have to justify your opinion, but surely it is based on fact, you must have heard something to make you feel this way.

hogsanity

Quote from: cityhog on June 01, 2007, 01:41:13 pm

You play for and with your team mates.  To do that, you have to play hard for the coach as well.  You tolerate the coach to do your best for your team.  Thats why i said, if you choose to stay, you give 100% for whoever is the coach.

LSUFan

Quote from: hogsanity on June 01, 2007, 02:03:13 pm

You play for and with your team mates.  To do that, you have to play hard for the coach as well.  You tolerate the coach to do your best for your team.  Thats why i said, if you choose to stay, you give 100% for whoever is the coach.

The Wheels are coming off, it's time to face the facts.

The Marmot

Quote from: joedirt on June 01, 2007, 02:00:17 pm

In other words, you have no real reason to believe that? You just do b/c you want some reason for the turmoil and why they left, and its got to be all their fault?
I have no allegiance to S'dale, but it kills me how you and others have some unfounded beliefs about those that come from there... unless you KNOW something and would like to share it.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

dacskc

And do the players have the right to expect that treatment in return?

darkhogfan

Why do you guys keep using GM, DW, and especially MM as your scapegoats?   I don't see where you get off saying they aren't team players.  Not being a team player would constitute them quitting the minute something didn't go their way.  These guys hung around longer than most would've and still to this day are classy enough to not bash the university in public.  I'm tired of hearing about love for the helmet, these guys have truly shown respect for it.
"She had a weakness for writers...and I was never that good with words anyways"-Ben Nichols

darkhogfan

What if your coach isn't giving 100% for you?
"She had a weakness for writers...and I was never that good with words anyways"-Ben Nichols

rocksalt

OK, go put tacks and rocks in your shoes, run towards oncoming traffic on I-540 and dodge traffic during the morning rush.  After you do that, ask someone how important shoes are.
It's a Mother-In-Law defense - Constant Pressure and Harrassment.   J. Pelphrey

We are on the "Highway to Hellphrey"...  "40 minutes of Hellphrey" !      Hogfans

cosmodrum

Quote from: press ham on June 01, 2007, 01:51:21 pm
reminds me of when hillis was "off limits to the media" for a while for commenting on the offense..

That's the first thing I thought of, too.
Go away, batin'

hogsanity

Quote from: Mid Major Legs™ on June 01, 2007, 02:06:40 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on June 01, 2007, 01:36:15 pm

Then you play for the team, as I said, you either play with 100% effort, for WHOEVER, or you leave.  If you play sports for any length of time, you will get into a situation where you do not like the coach, you do not agree with him, and he may not like you.  You still only have 2 options, play hard or leave.

So the coach who can be fired or have corrected action placed against him should just be allowed to carry on as is?  Especially a coach who isn't exactly tearing it up in the SEC.

The decision on who the coach is should never be left up to the players.  If the PTB decide to keep the coach, and a player decides to stay, they should shut up and play ball.  If they decide to leave, that is their right.  What they should not do is stay AND complain ( not saying that any player in particular has done that ). 

wayneslane

Darnell Robinson had much bigger issues with his shoes than Mustain ever had. Did you hear anything about his shoes until after he decided to leave. Nope did you hear him say anything personal during the season or since he has left. Nope the only comment Mustain made was before he was even a Razorback. The mistake the kid made was coming here to play for someone who has never developed a qb.

LSUFan

Definition of a Bullying Boss (Coach) I added two words to the definition.

Bully bosses (coaches) come in a variety of styles, but each seeks the same goal: absolute control. They may spout the company (team) line about teamwork and consensus building, but in practice, they're always looking out for numero uno. They're not after a win-win; they're out to win, period. In their view, everyone within the organization is either above or below them. Guess which way the abuse rolls?

joedirt

Quote from: razorsox on June 01, 2007, 02:02:22 pm

Spare me the poor little springdale boys crap.

LSUFan

Quote from: joedirt on June 01, 2007, 02:11:19 pm

I have met you jd, I know you love your kids. I also know you don't know what a lot of these kids went through. I think I know you well enough to say you would not stand by and let your kids suffer what these kids have.

Hawgon

menehune

How were they forced to leave?  Did anyone call them into an office and tell them their scholarship had been revoked?  Did anyone call Malzahn into an office and tell him he didn't have a job?  Two of my co-workers just had that happen to them today.  They don't have a choice, nor do they have any recourse.  Welcome to the real world. 

They found that the circumstances there weren't as represented or as they thought they were represented (none of us were there); they CHOSE to leave.  Either stay and play or leave.  Players are supposed to play, not help coach or make statements about the coaching, play selection, practices, etc.  If they don't agree with the above, they need to find another place to play.

The perceptions of what the coach thinks is going on and the player thinks is going on can be total opposites.  That is called separate realities.  Somewhere in between is actual reality. (not to be confused with virtual reality - couldn't resist a pun.)

dacskc

Quote from: superhogfan on June 01, 2007, 02:08:14 pm

What if your coach isn't giving 100% for you?

When Nutt wanted an apology from MM, he got it,...twice. When it was time for Mitch to get his apology, Dale sat on it for a couple of weeks until Mitch asked for his walking papers. Which one of these people was trying trying harder to make a bad situation work?

LSUFan

Quote from: menehune on June 01, 2007, 02:14:45 pm
How were they forced to leave?  Did anyone call them into an office and tell them their scholarship had been revoked?  Did anyone call Malzahn into an office and tell him he didn't have a job?  Two of my co-workers just had that happen to them today.  They don't have a choice, nor do they have any recourse.  Welcome to the real world. 

They found that the circumstances there weren't as represented or as they thought they were represented (none of us were there); they CHOSE to leave.  Either stay and play or leave.  Players are supposed to play, not help coach or make statements about the coaching, play selection, practices, etc.  If they don't agree with the above, they need to find another place to play.
GM contract ran out at the end of 06, they DID NOT type up another one. He cannot work for the UoA w/o a contract. Is it starting to get clearer for you?

Conway Cool Daddy

Quote from: LSUFan on June 01, 2007, 02:13:49 pm
Quote from: joedirt on June 01, 2007, 02:11:19 pm

I have met you jd, I know you love your kids. I also know you don't know what a lot of these kids went through. I think I know you well enough to say you would not stand by and let your kids suffer what these kids have.

I'm afraid that I have to take JDs side on this. The players don't need to lose focus over this. It's not their position to take sides. They need to stay as far away from this controversy as possible.

The parents of the players should have every assurance that their sons are in the best possible situation for them to succeed though.

It's tough to be a team player and hate your head coach. It's a bad situation with only one remedy.

LSUFan

Quote from: Mid Major Legs™ on June 01, 2007, 02:15:16 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on June 01, 2007, 02:09:11 pm
Quote from: Mid Major Legs™ on June 01, 2007, 02:06:40 pm
Quote from: hogsanity on June 01, 2007, 01:36:15 pm

So the coach who can be fired or have corrected action placed against him should just be allowed to carry on as is?  Especially a coach who isn't exactly tearing it up in the SEC.

The decision on who the coach is should never be left up to the players.  If the PTB decide to keep the coach, and a player decides to stay, they should shut up and play ball.  If they decide to leave, that is their right.  What they should not do is stay AND complain ( not saying that any player in particular has done that ). 

I never said it should.  Never.  I'm saying the administration needs to step in.  The response to this post who cares about the program is more than just shut up and play ball.  I know you have said you don't care if Nutt leaves or not.  If that's the case, then I'm surprised you side with him.  You are essentially taking a program over the coach stance which in my mind is the right one to take. 

Why would you not be more concerned about wanting a different environment?  It seems to me this can't be healthy for winning ballgames. 

MML hit on my point, it ain't about the coach, it's the hostile environment for the unpaid college athletes that he has created.

You can sue your employer for doing this, the only difference is that these kids don't get paid.

LSUFan

Quote from: Conway Cool Daddy on June 01, 2007, 02:18:55 pm
I'm afraid that I have to take JDs side on this. The players don't need to lose focus over this. It's not their position to take sides. They need to stay as far away from this controversy as possible.

The parents of the players should have every assurance that their sons are in the best possible situation for them to succeed though.

It's tough to be a team player and hate your head coach. It's a bad situation with only one remedy.

The coach has created a hostile environment for these KIDS, and MUST BE removed.

dacskc

Quote from: LSUFan on June 01, 2007, 02:17:47 pm
Quote from: menehune on June 01, 2007, 02:14:45 pm

GM contract ran out at the end of 06, they DID NOT type up another one. He cannot work for the UoA w/o a contract. Is it starting to get clearer for you?

to add to that, even though no arms were twisted, an environment was created that was so hostile towards them, I feel they transferred to keep their sanity, anybody would do the same. (and I have)