Not a former player....

Started by AlcoHOGic, May 31, 2007, 09:21:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TX HOG

BigDeal

Quote from: PCHogs on May 31, 2007, 10:19:05 am
Quote from: BigDeal on May 31, 2007, 10:04:27 am
Quote from: AlcoHOGic on May 31, 2007, 09:21:18 am
I was given permission from him to bring this from another board.

"I read the board and it's still mostly...

about the football coaching dilemma.  As much as it pains me to say, this public lashing of Nutt by "his own fans" has caused more instability than you know.  It's almost June, we're 90 days or so from kick-off and we're still rehashing all the "stuff".  More than ever, I swear, I think "we fans" are going to be very, very sorry "we" let this go on like it has and let it become such a  National story.  Jump me if you like, I absolutely, unequivocally don't give a dang.  I'm tired of it.  I'm tired of reading National headlines about this dilemma and Not about our 1-2-3 punch in the backfield.  I'm tired of all the attention going to this "issue" and not the players.  All you darksiders that are going to jump me for this - save it.  I know who you are, I've been reading your "stuff" for months.  So save it, you're hurting our program more than you know and I'm tired of it.

At this moment, I do think Nutt and most of his staff will be gone after this SEC championship season, by his own decision.  That might make some of you happy, but I bet you won't be happy when you see how hard it is to attract a good coach and who else tells us to Kiss it and high tails out of here because the way "our" coaches get treated. 

By the way, anyone notice we have one of the best baseball teams in the country - led by one of the best baseball coaches in the country???"

Thanks for the effort but I really don't see to where this will change any minds. I've been trying to lay out facts and help those with their head in the sand for a few months now to no avail. Unfortunately, the fire of hatred is burning so wild now, it is too out of control. Some think the grass is always greener on the other side, but it will be too late when it is discovered Coach Nutt was the green pasture everybody wanted.

Accusing all of those who are critical of Nutt of hatred is an absurd generalization.  I'm sure there are some who do hate him, but there are also those huugers who "hate" Mustain, Malzahn, and Williams.  So by my count that is 3 times more hatred from the huggers.  So if I use your logic I would broadly paint all Nutthuggers as being 3 times more hate filled than darksiders, right?  So, please just stop with the name calling inuendos and tell us your so-called facts in response to which we are putting our collective heads in the sand.

Sir there was absolutely, positively NO name calling in my post.

TX HOG

little pigee

You insinuated some were ostriches by your "head in the sand" reference!
It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

BigDeal

Quote from: TX HOG on May 31, 2007, 10:24:12 am
FACTS?  Hit and run

Ok.

2006 Arkansas Razorback Football
   SEC West Champs
   SEC Title game (lost to national champion)
   Head Coach was SEC Coach of the Year
   OC was Rivals.com OC of the Year
   Running Back was runner up for heisnman trophy
   Played New Year's Day Bowl Game
   10 win season ..

Now do you understand why people don't have a lot of sympathy for those wanting to see Coach Nutt's head roll ?

TX HOG

Quote from: BigDeal on May 31, 2007, 10:30:35 am
FACTS?  Hit and run

Ok.

SEC West Champs
   10 win season ..

Now do you understand why people don't have a lot of sympathy for those wanting to see Coach Nutt's head roll ?

Yes last year was a good year.  What about consistency? 

Magister

Quote from: 311Hog on May 31, 2007, 09:51:43 am
Quote from: sihog on May 31, 2007, 09:51:13 am
Quote from: Hawgon on May 31, 2007, 09:22:41 am
I don't care.  A chimpanzee will do a better job than Nutt.
worthless reply

but correct in every way.

No, it's not.

It's correct in absolutely zero ways.

The guy does care, obviously.

Nobody wants to play for a monkey.

Good job though.
Pay no attention to what the critics say; A statue has never been set up in honor of a critic.

--Jean Sibelius

The Marmot

FACTS?  Hit and run

Ok.

SEC West Champs
   10 win season ..

Can't you look past last season? It was great, yes, but look at the big picture and also see how he mismanaged this offseason.

FACTS:

38-36 in SEC play
0-5 vs. GA
0-3 vs. FL
3-6 vs. LSU (0-4 since '02)
2-4 vs. Tennie
1-1 vs. Vandy
2-2 vs. Kentucky (7 OT win w/ MJ)
5-4 against Bama and 1 game over .500 against Auburn.
0-2 in SECCGs
0-2 vs. USC (120 against - 31 for total points)
2-5 in bowl games (0-3 vs. Big Ten)
0 BCS appearances
67-44 overall with 19 wins over the likes of SEMO, Mizzou St., ULM, etc. and 21 wins over the Mississippi Schools, S. Carolina and Vandy.
HOUSTON NUTT HAS BECOME THE MOST DIVISIVE FIGURE IN RAZORBACK SPORTS HISTORY

No e-mails, texts or phone calls. These are FACTS. Houston Nutt does not deserve anymore chances here. Let him move on and try somewhere else.

I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

TX HOG

Quote from: The Marmot on May 31, 2007, 10:34:23 am
FACTS?  Hit and run

Ok.

SEC West Champs
   10 win season ..

Can't you look past last season? It was great, yes, but look at the big picture and also see how he mismanaged this offseason.

FACTS:

38-36 in SEC play
0-5 vs. GA
0-3 vs. FL
3-6 vs. LSU (0-4 since '02)
2-4 vs. Tennie
1-1 vs. Vandy
2-2 vs. Kentucky (7 OT win w/ MJ)
5-4 against Bama and 1 game over .500 against Auburn.
0-2 in SECCGs
0-2 vs. USC (120 against - 31 for total points)
2-5 in bowl games (0-3 vs. Big Ten)
0 BCS appearances
67-44 overall with 19 wins over the likes of SEMO, Mizzou St., ULM, etc. and 21 wins over the Mississippi Schools, S. Carolina and Vandy.
HOUSTON NUTT HAS BECOME THE MOST DIVISIVE FIGURE IN RAZORBACK SPORTS HISTORY

No e-mails, texts or phone calls. These are FACTS. Houston Nutt does not deserve anymore chances here. Let him move on and try somewhere else.

Those would be the inconsistent FACTS.  Much more inconsistent FACTS.  Low Expectations breed..........

Richard_white

It's easy to blame the fans for hDN mistakes.

It's easy to blame the fans for hDn to have 2-5 record in bowl games.

It's easy to blame the fans for losing to Vanderbilt.

It's easy to blame the fans for us losing Gus, Mitch and Damian.

It's easy to blame the fans for the lack of recruiting.

Without us, there would be no football games.

311Hog

Reality check:

SEC West Champs ( no such thing)
   SEC Title game (lost to national champion) ( MORAL VICTORIES ARE WORTHLESS)
   Head Coach was SEC Coach of the Year  (Urban Myer should have won this)
   OC was Rivals.com OC of the Year ( No longer employeed by the UofA)
   Running Back was runner up for heisnman trophy (Great story to bad he limped to the finish line)
   Played New Year's Day Bowl Game (LOST in a New Year's Day Bowl)
   10 win season .. (which included a 50-14 Home A$$wipping, and more luck then a bag full of lepreachan a$$holes.)

Magister

Quote from: TX HOG on May 31, 2007, 10:15:45 am
"Huggers" can hardly ever answer questions.  I'm willing to answer all questions. 

It seems like you don't want to even hear the answers.  If the answer is something other than what you want to hear, then it's either fabricated or spun to your chagrin. 

What's the point?  You go on being miserable with your myopic opinions, and we'll have ours.
Pay no attention to what the critics say; A statue has never been set up in honor of a critic.

--Jean Sibelius

311Hog

Quote from: Magister on May 31, 2007, 10:34:05 am
Quote from: 311Hog on May 31, 2007, 09:51:43 am
Quote from: sihog on May 31, 2007, 09:51:13 am
Quote from: Hawgon on May 31, 2007, 09:22:41 am
I don't care.  A chimpanzee will do a better job than Nutt.
worthless reply

but correct in every way.

No, it's not.

It's correct in absolutely zero ways.

The guy does care, obviously.

Nobody wants to play for a monkey.

Good job though.

Nobody? there are people playing for a monkey right now. All you need to do is give HDN a fez and some cymbals, and crank that organ grinder and watch him go !

cosmodrum

May 31, 2007, 10:38:31 am #63 Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 10:43:14 am by cosmodrum
FACTS?  Hit and run

Ok.

SEC West Champs
   10 win season ..

SEC West Champs? Did you go and have your own little trophy made? Because the SEC doesn't hand out trophies for winning half of the conference.
SEC title game. Ok, but how many times do I have to be happy about being 1st runner up?
SEC COTY. Congrats Houston. At least YOU got a trophy.
OC of the year. Damn right. And where is he now? Thanks again, Dale.
Heisman Runner up. Yes, and he's incredible. Houston "recruited" him. Remember, Hootie only wants kids that want to be Razorbacks. Why? Not much recruiting needed.
Played in a New Year's day bowl. And lost. Again. To a team that WAS NOT as good as us.
10 win season. Began by Act II of Super Spanking by USC, and capped off by a three game losing streak. Again.

Now do you understand why people don't have a lot of sympathy for Coach Nutt?
Go away, batin'

PCHogs

Quote from: BigDeal on May 31, 2007, 10:27:34 am

about the football coaching dilemma.  As much as it pains me to say, this public lashing of Nutt by "his own fans" has caused more instability than you know.  It's almost June, we're 90 days or so from kick-off and we're still rehashing all the "stuff".  More than ever, I swear, I think "we fans" are going to be very, very sorry "we" let this go on like it has and let it become such a  National story.  Jump me if you like, I absolutely, unequivocally don't give a dang.  I'm tired of it.  I'm tired of reading National headlines about this dilemma and Not about our 1-2-3 punch in the backfield.  I'm tired of all the attention going to this "issue" and not the players.  All you darksiders that are going to jump me for this - save it.  I know who you are, I've been reading your "stuff" for months.  So save it, you're hurting our program more than you know and I'm tired of it.

At this moment, I do think Nutt and most of his staff will be gone after this SEC championship season, by his own decision.  That might make some of you happy, but I bet you won't be happy when you see how hard it is to attract a good coach and who else tells us to Kiss it and high tails out of here because the way "our" coaches get treated. 

By the way, anyone notice we have one of the best baseball teams in the country - led by one of the best baseball coaches in the country???"

Thanks for the effort but I really don't see to where this will change any minds. I've been trying to lay out facts and help those with their head in the sand for a few months now to no avail. Unfortunately, the fire of hatred is burning so wild now, it is too out of control. Some think the grass is always greener on the other side, but it will be too late when it is discovered Coach Nutt was the green pasture everybody wanted.

Accusing all of those who are critical of Nutt of hatred is an absurd generalization.  I'm sure there are some who do hate him, but there are also those huugers who "hate" Mustain, Malzahn, and Williams.  So by my count that is 3 times more hatred from the huggers.  So if I use your logic I would broadly paint all Nutthuggers as being 3 times more hate filled than darksiders, right?  So, please just stop with the name calling inuendos and tell us your so-called facts in response to which we are putting our collective heads in the sand.

I said name calling inuendos....inuendo is the key word here. You did accuse those critical of Nutt of hatred didn't you?  In fact, you used that very word.  So, please don't act like you didn't. I was simply making the point that you should not accuse all of those critical of Nutt of being haters of Houston Nutt. Criticism from those critical of Nutt is not rooted in hatred, but it is rooted in the fact that we think he has said and done things that he should be held accountable for and overall he is not a good football coach and that the program would be better off without him.
My websites: 

Watchman Fellowship (a Christian discernment ministry with expertise on cults, new religious movements and world religions): www.watchman.org

CC not PC (Constitutionally Correct not Politically Correct):  www.facebook.com/ccnotpc and www.ccnotpc.com

TX HOG

Quote from: Magister on May 31, 2007, 10:38:11 am
"Huggers" can hardly ever answer questions.  I'm willing to answer all questions. 

It seems like you don't want to even hear the answers.  If the answer is something other than what you want to hear, then it's either fabricated or spun to your chagrin. 

What's the point?  You go on being miserable with your myopic opinions, and we'll have ours.

Question:  Do you want better for the Razorback football program?

311Hog

Well mainly because the answers are false, IE head inthe sand I mean look at BigDeal, he claims Nutt has a SEVENTY PERCENT CHANCE to win SEC games, yet when you look at the stats it says,

38-34 does that equal SEVENTY PERCENT CHANCE to you? maybe my math is a little fuzzy.

TX HOG

I will anwser ANY question, will you?

Hollywood_HOGan45

FACTS?  Hit and run

Ok.

probably would have been better to have left those off.

We ran off the "rivals OC of the year" for some retread

and nutt is not responsible for McFadden.

Darren McFadden is responsible for Darren McFadden's success. I cant for the life of me understand why nutt fans want to give credit to nutt for DMc's success.

and sure last year was okay.
What about 00-05?
Plus in 99 we were supposed to be better with all we had coming back.

Overall, we've really really underacheived in the nutt years.

86jacketstchamps

Quote from: BigDeal on May 31, 2007, 10:27:34 am

There might not have been any name calling, but there was some unfactual statements for sure. 

I suppose you are drafting a response with the facts listed at this time?

TX HOG

We beat Missouri in the Independance Bowl, with probably one of the best teams Nutt has ever had.

311Hog

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 31, 2007, 10:41:32 am
FACTS?  Hit and run

Ok.

Darren McFadden is responsible for Darren McFadden's success. I cant for the life of me understand why nutt fans want to give credit to nutt for DMc's success.

What about 00-05?

No chiet man, didnt Nutt have Dmac in 2005? and what happened then?

Magister

Quote from: TX HOG on May 31, 2007, 10:39:23 am

I've only been following the Razorbacks since we switched to the SEC, because that's as far back as I remember.  (I was 7)

The years before Nutt were absolutely terrible, and we never won anything, except 1995.  Even that wasn't anything to get too excited about.

So, I would say that given the scope of my history, I think we're doing far better than we were doing before him.  I'd love a national championship every year, but that's not fair expectations.

I'll take a 10 win year every year though, and we did that last year. 

I'll reserve judgment until after this year.

--Jean Sibelius

bphi11ips

FACTS?  Hit and run

Ok.

SEC West Champs
   10 win season ..

There is an icon on another board showing a pot calling the kettle black.  Wish we had one here.

When are you going to get this BD - THIS AIN'T ABOUT WINNING OR LOSING!!!  It's about right and wrong.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

86jacketstchamps

FACTS?  Hit and run

Ok.

SEC West Champs
   10 win season ..

One year does not a succesful coach make!!!.....

Bigdeal, how about listing the facts that would offer some sort of defense for Nutt in regards to how he handles his players? his staff? standard coaching decisions? His substandard career stats at Arkansas? His recruiting downfalls the last few years? Nondevelopment of a QB or vertical passing game?   This can go on and on.......Get off of last years record, and please look at the entire picture. 

porque

Quote from: 86jacketstchamps on May 31, 2007, 09:55:40 am
I highly doubt this came from any former player to be quite honest, and for those that say this is hurting our program need to focus more on how situations have been handled by those on the hill that can make a difference.  The ones in front of the camera and mic at UofA have repeatedly mishandled one issue after another.

This did not come from a former Arkansas player.  The guy's name is Joe and he lives in Dallas.  He played DB for SW Missouri State.  He is really close with the UA coaching staff though and does bring good info to the HI board.  Also is close to LArry Lacewell of the Dallas Cowboys and I suspect Jerry Jones.

The funny thing is that all of last year, he told everyone on HI that nothing was going on between Nutt, Gus and Mitch.  He derided those that said he was wrong. After he found out his coaching buddies on the UA staff had been lieing to him, he posted an apology on the HI board.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: 311Hog on May 31, 2007, 10:42:55 am
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 31, 2007, 10:41:32 am
FACTS?  Hit and run

Ok.

What about 00-05?

No chiet man, didnt Nutt have Dmac in 2005? and what happened then?

we benched him in one of the most disgusting losses at home in our history

Magister

Quote from: 311Hog on May 31, 2007, 10:39:34 am

Well mainly because the answers are false, IE head inthe sand I mean look at BigDeal, he claims Nutt has a SEVENTY PERCENT CHANCE to win SEC games, yet when you look at the stats it says,

38-34 does that equal SEVENTY PERCENT CHANCE to you? maybe my math is a little fuzzy.

It's pretty silly to judge a whole population based on one person, don't you think?

Also, please quit using banally overused cliches repeatedly. 

--Jean Sibelius

TX HOG

Quote from: Magister on May 31, 2007, 10:43:36 am

I've only been following the Razorbacks since we switched to the SEC, because that's as far back as I remember.  (I was 7)

The years before Nutt were absolutely terrible, and we never won anything, except 1995.  Even that wasn't anything to get too excited about.

So, I would say that given the scope of my history, I think we're doing far better than we were doing before him.  I'd love a national championship every year, but that's not fair expectations.

Ohhhhh yes the one more year crowd, gotta love 'em.  I agree we now are better than SMU, I agree.  With you being such a great fan, don't you want better than .500 in SEC play?  Who has said they want a National Championship every year?  I want better than 38-36 in the SEC.  I really hope you do to, I would think a true fan would, don't you?

311Hog

And this is why, we fail in a Nuttshell.  A large portion of fans only remember the Ford/Crowe years and support Nutt out of sheer FEAR or ignorance of the possibility of something better.

cityhog

I am curious if he is also tired of hearing commentators for our games ridicule our complete lack of a passing game. 

Smoke501

I'm tired of people blamming the fans for the negative media attention. Its our coaching staff and how they handle the situation thats the cause. If they would do things in a professional manner than this never would have happened. End of story. But we do need to move on.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Hollywood_HOGan45

You'll take a 10 win season every year. That tells me all i need to know.

the goal of every SEC team outside of Kentucky and Vanderbilt should be to win the SEC championship or a national title.

ForzaHog

...because the way "our" coaches get treated.

Considering that we have kept a mediocre coach for almost a decade before we started "treating" him this way...I would expect every lousy coach in the nation to be knocking on our door after this.  It's been a great cushy job for HDN.

Seriously, a real coach wouldn't be afraid of passionate fans.  If he is, I don't want him.

86jacketstchamps

Unfortunately you have the inability to look into the history of the program in order to not make ignorant statments such as never winning anything prior to Nutt.   The situation we were in prior to Nutt was a direct result of....uh oh(can it be a pattern)....Broyles meddling in the program with Holtz and Hatfield.  JFB made some awful choices during that time frame, and thus we went backwards somewhat.  I agree that Nutt put some fire back in the program, as I will give the devil his due, but his emotional speeches and roller coaster has worn thin.

You can only win on motivation occasionaly, but it takes planning, vision, taking chances, accepting change, focus on always learning and evolving as a coach, and never allowing ego or personality issues to get in the way of decisions that are best for the forward progress of your team.   That last one is a big hurdle that Nutt has always had a problem with!

311Hog

If Nutt was as focused and organized as the "Small Group of Internet Banditos" out to get him he would have won a national championship already.

budcampbellfan

Nutt, JFB, White, and the BOT are hurting the program - Not the fans.  When there is inept or no leadership this will happen ANYWHERE AND EVERYWHERE
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

TX HOG

It's the disappearing "hugger" trick again

BigDeal

Quote from: ForzaHog on May 31, 2007, 10:49:35 am

Considering that we have kept a mediocre coach for almost a decade before we started "treating" him this way...I would expect every lousy coach in the nation to be knocking on our door after this.  It's been a great cushy job for HDN.

Seriously, a real coach wouldn't be afraid of passionate fans.  If he is, I don't want him.

This is only my opinion, but I don't think Coach Nutt is afraid at all of passionate fans. As a matter of fact, I would think he welcomes passionate fans with open arms.
Having said that, it is the fans that are intruding upon his personal life (and hurting his family) and doing things that are bleeding over into his ability to successfully recruit that has him concerned.

TX HOG

And you wonder why I said that.  I responded to BigDeals facts, he did not respond.  I respond to everything you say, do you do the same?  You wonder why I said those things.  Maybe now you understand

Little E

He's just mad because he didn't get enough playing time.

TX HOG

Quote from: BigDeal on May 31, 2007, 11:01:50 am

This is only my opinion, but I don't think Coach Nutt is afraid at all of passionate fans. As a matter of fact, I would think he welcomes passionate fans with open arms.
Having said that, it is the fans that are intruding upon his personal life (and hurting his family) and doing things that are bleeding over into his ability to successfully recruit that has him concerned.

What's been the problem with recruiting the other 9 years?  We've yet to crack the top 20,15,10.  Expalin please. 

Richard_white

Are you getting paid for every word on here?  What has happened in his personal life that has him almost at the bottom in the SEC in recruiting since being here.

RZRBack_FAN

Its our fault the man is the worst recruiter in the nation!!

Kilgor

The fans didn't cause this.

The fans didn't refuse to fire Nutt at multiple opportune moments.

Hmm this campaign started by attacking the media until they attacked back re: Wally's "The media didn't..." column.  Now the attack is focused on fans.

Do you see the problem here?
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

BigDeal

Quote from: TX HOG on May 31, 2007, 11:04:18 am

What's been the problem with recruiting the other 9 years?  We've yet to crack the top 20,15,10.  Expalin please. 

Coach Nutt has publicly stated he is not concerned with the recruiting ""rankings", and we shouldn't be either. It is how those players are developed. He has a knack for recognizing talent in even 2 star athletes (think d-mac). Additionally, as far as I know, Coach Nutt is the ONLY Arkansas coach to sign a National High School Player of the Year. Not bad at all .

RZRBack_FAN

May 31, 2007, 11:09:44 am #96 Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 11:11:38 am by RZRBack_FAN
Only to run him off because mitch was better than he was.

its obvious Nut isnt concerned with the recruiting rankings.! Kinda like he isnt concerend with winning bowl games and Sec Championships.

By the way DMAC was a 5 star!!!! Not 2 star. You guys get smarter and smarter!!!

VBHOG

I don't know if the original poster on that thread knows it or not, but the "former player" he was quoting is NOT a former Hog player, but played at Southwest Missouri.  His opinion doesn't matter any more than yours or mine.

I posted this here so that it wouldn't get lost in the other thread.  I don't want people speculating about which "former Hog player" made the comments since it wasn't a former Hog player.

86jacketstchamps

Quote from: BigDeal on May 31, 2007, 11:07:52 am
Quote from: TX HOG on May 31, 2007, 11:04:18 am

Coach Nutt has publicly stated he is not concerned with the recruiting ""rankings", and we shouldn't be either. It is how those players are developed. He has a knack for recognizing talent in even 2 star athletes (think d-mac). Additionally, as far as I know, Coach Nutt is the ONLY Arkansas coach to sign a National High School Player of the Year. Not bad at all .

The lengths that you will go to damage your credibility is uncanny.

86jacketstchamps

How has his family been hurt?