Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Not a former player....

Started by AlcoHOGic, May 31, 2007, 09:21:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dacskc

Quote from: BigDeal on May 31, 2007, 09:55:48 pm
Quote from: mikeirwin on May 31, 2007, 05:18:31 pm
It's the old, "No other good coach will take this job" scare tactic.
I've good news for the ex player. Yes they will.
When you play in the SEC with facilities like Arkansas has and fans who will fill a stadium even when many of them are ticked off at the coach, that's a good job not a bad one.

Yeah, but the part about getting sued and having the personal life dragged through the mud by your own fans doesn't seem too attractive.

Nutt supporters suffer from short term memory loss . I think the response to this  exact same question is stated about 1500 times per day, yet each time you (and I'm referring to the hugger collective) get the answer you choose to ignore it. If Huggers ignore answers, why do they ask questions?

mikeirwin

Quote from: PigPusher on May 31, 2007, 09:59:15 am
I think we would be surprised to discover just how many of the so called HOG fans posting under the heading "Darksider" are really not HOG fans. I personally know of a few that live in another state and are just plain fakes. Having a lot of fun though.
As an Administrator on this board I'm asking you to PM their names to me and explain what they've said to you to make you think they are just fooling around.
You sound like this concerns you. It certainly concerns me.
I don't want anyone posting here as a joke. We have explicit rules against that.
There is a fan who was banned from this board almost two years ago. He's still trying to be readmitted. He was banned for posting false opinions as a joke to stir things up.
Again PM to me or any other admin the user names of these people you are referring to.
We will make sure they no longer post here if you can prove what you say.
I will also say if you can't prove it I'm going to take this up with HSV because you've just given the impression certain opinions on this board are not to be trusted as genuine. That's a serious accusation.

Lanlord

I'm not a former player either.

boarhog12

Quote from: chortle on May 31, 2007, 10:02:28 pm
Quote from: BigDeal on May 31, 2007, 09:55:48 pm
Quote from: mikeirwin on May 31, 2007, 05:18:31 pm
It's the old, "No other good coach will take this job" scare tactic.
I've good news for the ex player. Yes they will.
When you play in the SEC with facilities like Arkansas has and fans who will fill a stadium even when many of them are ticked off at the coach, that's a good job not a bad one.

Yeah, but the part about getting sued and having the personal life dragged through the mud by your own fans doesn't seem too attractive.

That isn't something the new coach will have to worry about if he doesn't act like a habitual a$$hat the way that Dale has.
Dana Altman was BB coach less than 24 hours and his phone records were FOIed. The joke was he didn't even have time to take the phone out of the box.

Frank and Swine

Quote from: toph27er on May 31, 2007, 04:16:47 pm
Quote from: TX HOG on May 31, 2007, 09:23:18 am
Why is it the fans fault the national media has caught onto the soap opera? 

Are you serious?  The darksiders dislike for HDN was what promted the inquiry into HDN's phone records and lawsuits against the school.  THAT MADE NATIONAL HEADLINES and was driven by darksiders.

Then while looking further into the darksider displeasure the national media wrote numerous articles about a coach that goes 10-4 getting the shiv from the Razorback fans, but in reality it was the work of a small percentage of fans that started it and kept it going to get there.

Again, I am not a HDN fan or foe, but if you help do something and create the problem and want to say, "yay for me and all those like me that have brought the light unto Mr. Houston Nutt" you should also say, "yay form me all all those alike that may have screwed our favorite program from ever hiring a proven coach".

There is a right way to go about things and a wrong way to go about things.  Which do you think actually transpired???

Use the 5-why tool to get to the root cause of the problem.
Example:
Q1. Why is the national media reporting on the UofA soap opera?
A1. Because a fan sent a letter critical of Nutt to the BOT and Nutt responded with radio, print and lawyer. Another fan is suing the UA Chancellor and system Pres.

Q2. Why did the fan send a letter to the BOT and another file a lawsuit?
A2. Because of a known hateful email from a booster known to be a close friend of the coach to a player and the Chancellor turned the investigation over to the coach involved. The fan didn't believe all involved were identified and dealt with properly.

Q3. Why did the Chancellor turn the investigation over to the coach involved instead of performing an independant formal investigation?
A3. ????

You can start from any point and generate a question and answer, but when you get to the fifth why I don't believe the fan's will be the root cause.

wooly

Quote from: 311Hog on May 31, 2007, 10:47:31 am
Quote from: Magister on May 31, 2007, 10:43:36 am
Quote from: TX HOG on May 31, 2007, 10:39:23 am
Quote from: Magister on May 31, 2007, 10:38:11 am
Quote from: TX HOG on May 31, 2007, 10:15:45 am
"Huggers" can hardly ever answer questions.  I'm willing to answer all questions. 

It seems like you don't want to even hear the answers.  If the answer is something other than what you want to hear, then it's either fabricated or spun to your chagrin. 

What's the point?  You go on being miserable with your myopic opinions, and we'll have ours.

Question:  Do you want better for the Razorback football program?

I've only been following the Razorbacks since we switched to the SEC, because that's as far back as I remember.  (I was 7)

The years before Nutt were absolutely terrible, and we never won anything, except 1995.  Even that wasn't anything to get too excited about.

So, I would say that given the scope of my history, I think we're doing far better than we were doing before him.  I'd love a national championship every year, but that's not fair expectations.

I'll take a 10 win year every year though, and we did that last year. 

I'll reserve judgment until after this year.

And this is why, we fail in a Nuttshell.  A large portion of fans only remember the Ford/Crowe years and support Nutt out of sheer FEAR or ignorance of the possibility of something better.

I go back to the Hatfield years.  You know what is different than that regime?

RZRBack_FAN

Quote from: kathog on May 31, 2007, 12:29:19 pm
Did you ever play football????
Quote from: RZRBack_FAN on May 31, 2007, 09:49:32 am
So you realize by making post after post about how awesome Nutt is you feed the fire also.

Nutt is the one who ran off 2 5 star recruits not the fans.

Nutt is the one who is 2 - 5 in bowl games not the fans.

Nutt is the one who ran off Gus not the fans.

Nutt is the one who every year promises a passing game only to run smoke draws on 3rd and long not the fans.

Nutt is the one with the 38 - 36 record in sec play with 22 of those wins coming against the Mississippi, Kentucky, and South Carolina Schools not the fans.

Nutt is the one who Cant keep The best talent in the state in state, not the fans.

Nutt is the one who cant help from sending text messages to his "charity friend" 19 minutes before kickoff of the biggest game of the year last year not the fans.

Dont give me this crap about it being the fans fault. The media is finally catching on to the 3 ring circus we have going on at the HILL!

And as the poster above stated already yeah people are noticing the baseball team. Thats why we lead attendance this year. Take off your blinders.

Cant wait for this season to start and Dmac to put the hogs on his back  and carry this coachless team to an SEC championship!!!!
What the hell does that have to do with any of this???

hawgfan1967

Here is the thing.  I would be thrilled for our hogs to win the NC every year.  And yes I have been disappointed in HDN's bowl record.  But do you honestly think that all of this is going to help the program?  Should we hire Joe Kines again or for that matter Danny ford?  I will stand beside eacha dn every one of you if we do not at a minimum win the SEC West this year in asking for a coaching change.  But while he is here I will support him 100%.
Jimmy Rodden aka hawgfan1967