Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Not a former player....

Started by AlcoHOGic, May 31, 2007, 09:21:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AlcoHOGic

May 31, 2007, 09:21:18 am Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 10:22:05 pm by AlcoHOGic
Sorry this guy wasn't actually a former player at UA, I misunderstood him.

I was given permission from him to bring this from another board.

"I read the board and it's still mostly...

about the football coaching dilemma.  As much as it pains me to say, this public lashing of Nutt by "his own fans" has caused more instability than you know.  It's almost June, we're 90 days or so from kick-off and we're still rehashing all the "stuff".  More than ever, I swear, I think "we fans" are going to be very, very sorry "we" let this go on like it has and let it become such a  National story.  Jump me if you like, I absolutely, unequivocally don't give a dang.  I'm tired of it.  I'm tired of reading National headlines about this dilemma and Not about our 1-2-3 punch in the backfield.  I'm tired of all the attention going to this "issue" and not the players.  All you darksiders that are going to jump me for this - save it.  I know who you are, I've been reading your "stuff" for months.  So save it, you're hurting our program more than you know and I'm tired of it.

At this moment, I do think Nutt and most of his staff will be gone after this SEC championship season, by his own decision.  That might make some of you happy, but I bet you won't be happy when you see how hard it is to attract a good coach and who else tells us to Kiss it and high tails out of here because the way "our" coaches get treated. 

By the way, anyone notice we have one of the best baseball teams in the country - led by one of the best baseball coaches in the country???"

Hawgon

I don't care.  A chimpanzee will do a better job than Nutt.

TX HOG

Why is it the fans fault the national media has caught onto the soap opera? 

TX HOG

Anyone notice our baseball coach?  Really?  Didn't we lead the COUNTRY in baseball attendace?  I would say some have noticed.  What a joke.

311Hog

Nutt, White, and Broyles can go DIAF for all i care, all these "veiled" deals are starting to grow thin. People saying the following as if it will trick anyone.

"Nutt and the coachs will be gone after this year so please stop trying to seek justice"

Let me translate.

"Nutt isnt going anywhere if we can somehow trick people into shutting up long enough for us to hide/destroy all existing evidence, when next year comes this story will be dead and Nutt will still be here and we will still suck"

HOGBLOODED

Quote from: AlcoHOGic on May 31, 2007, 09:21:18 am

about the football coaching dilemma.  As much as it pains me to say, this public lashing of Nutt by "his own fans" has caused more instability than you know.  It's almost June, we're 90 days or so from kick-off and we're still rehashing all the "stuff".  More than ever, I swear, I think "we fans" are going to be very, very sorry "we" let this go on like it has and let it become such a  National story.  Jump me if you like, I absolutely, unequivocally don't give a dang.  I'm tired of it.  I'm tired of reading National headlines about this dilemma and Not about our 1-2-3 punch in the backfield.  I'm tired of all the attention going to this "issue" and not the players.  All you darksiders that are going to jump me for this - save it.  I know who you are, I've been reading your "stuff" for months.  So save it, you're hurting our program more than you know and I'm tired of it.

At this moment, I do think Nutt and most of his staff will be gone after this SEC championship season, by his own decision.  That might make some of you happy, but I bet you won't be happy when you see how hard it is to attract a good coach and who else tells us to Kiss it and high tails out of here because the way "our" coaches get treated. 

By the way, anyone notice we have one of the best baseball teams in the country - led by one of the best baseball coaches in the country???"

+1. Good post.

311Hog

Wait till next year, wait till next year wait till next year wait till next year wait till next year, we're so close wait till next year.

Frankly im not waiting another second longer.

hawgfan1967

Amen brother.  As you can read from some of the posts below yours, some of these idiots are so blind, they actually want our beloved Razorbacks to lose so that they can have their way.  No matter the cost to the program.  And you are absolutely right, if they think that Butch Davis or any reputable coach would come here after the way HDN has been treated, they are in for a world of hurt.  So I say the hell with them, GO HOGS GO!!!!!  Bring the SEC home and good luck.  Also want to give a shout out to our Diamond Hogs.  Good luck this weekend and I can't wait to see you in Omaha.
Jimmy Rodden aka hawgfan1967

TX HOG

Quote from: hawgfan1967 on May 31, 2007, 09:28:45 am

Amen brother.  As you can read from some of the posts below yours, some of these idiots are so blind, they actually want our beloved Razorbacks to lose so that they can have their way.  No matter the cost to the program.  And you are absolutely right, if they think that Butch Davis or any reputable coach would come here after the way HDN has been treated, they are in for a world of hurt.  So I say the hell with them, GO HOGS GO!!!!!  Bring the SEC home and good luck.  Also want to give a shout out to our Diamond Hogs.  Good luck this weekend and I can't wait to see you in Omaha.

Who said they want the Razorbacks to lose games?  Don't go back on your statement.  Do you not want better for the Razorback football program?  Do you not want to win more consistently? 

Anybody

AlcoHOGic -  HOUSTON NUTT is hurting our program BAD.  It is NOT the fans fault.

Yes, Dave Van Horn is an excellent coach with TRUTH and INTEGRITY. (Houston Nutt - take a lesson ! )  We need POSITIVE CHANGE on the hill.  NO MORE LIES !  STOP THE EMBARRASSMENT !

GO HOGS GO !!!

311Hog

I dont want the Razorbacks to lose any games, but that fact never stopped them from losing now did it?

Hollywood_HOGan45

why would nutt leave this cushy 1.5 million dollar job when he can be mediocre and still get by?

He will NEVER get a job like this ever again.

screw nutt and his supporters.

Its nutt's fault for letting it get this big. Its nobody else's fault but HIS OWN.

nutt people will stoop to any and every level

I would give anything for an SEC title but it is not happening without a passing game.

TX HOG

BLIND?  You see 38-36 in SEC play, "good enough"  Low expectations breed..................

EastexHawg

Let me get this straight...

Someone is trying to threaten me with "Nutt will gone soon, and then you'll be sorry..."

LMAO!!!

Why doesn't he just go ahead and threaten me with "one of these days you are going to win the Powerball lottery...beautiful women will start throwing themselves at you, but you won't know whether they really love you or just want your money...everyone you know will ask you for a loan...you will have to hire a CPA, an investment consultant, and a lawyer to manage your estate...and you'll end us wishing your life could go back to simpler days when you were picking up cans on the side of the highway to try to make the payments on your 1974 Gremlin!"

Ooh, stop it.  You're scaring me!

HDale

This is the strategey for Broyles/Nutt/White. Anyone who complains or points out anything negative about them gets painted as a gap-toothed red-neck trouble maker.

I'm not ashamed that I want more from the leaders of MY university than I have been getting.
I'm not ashamed that I want someone (anyone) to be held accountable for HIS actions.

I am ashamed that MY head coach called a woman 50 times a day at odd hours of the night and expects me to believe that it was charity work
I am ashamed that MY head coach has CLOSE friends like Teresa Prewitt.
I am ashamed that MY head coaches wife forwarded the email and thought that it was funny.

This regime is much like the kings of old. They always killed the bearer of bad news.
I will always hate the Dork

TX HOG

Another hit and run by a hugger

SuperHog

Quote from: TX HOG on May 31, 2007, 09:23:18 am

because it's all those haterz from the north that are causing all the problems...It can't be Nutt's fault...in Huggers eyes, he's Jesus...he can do no wrong.
Where is the outrage over the lack of an investigation by the UA into harassment of a student-athlete by a booster with EXTREMELY close personal ties to the head coach and his brother?  Instead we pay the brother $175K to act like a coach, be closely involved with the team, and occupy the same office even though he RESIGNED for "health" reasons.

abraHAM_lincoln

Quote from: TX HOG on May 31, 2007, 09:23:18 am

Becasue nutt is perfect, never makes mistakes (Becasue it is always the players fault that a play he called didn't work).   It is NCAA Cloud, Negative Recruiting, laminated Articles, and the fans as to why nutt can't even get kids 20 miles away to want to play for him....  lord knows he is the greatest coach to ever patrol the sidelines..  Just ask him!!!!  (Sarcasm)

HoopS

Nutts and Bolts

Quote from: Hawgon on May 31, 2007, 09:22:41 am

I second that... Nutt is poison. My kitten could recruit better than Nutt
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

Since 1894

Good Post

Yes, I want change but it won't come before the end of the year.  So...

It is time to stop the complaining and start getting ready to cheer on the TEAM (yes, the WHOLE team) for the 07 season.

Go Hogs Go

Win 14 this year baby.

Be Good
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

RZRBack_FAN

May 31, 2007, 09:49:32 am #21 Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 10:39:27 am by RZRBack_FAN
So you realize by making post after post about how awesome Nutt is you feed the fire also.

Nutt is the one who ran off 2 5 star recruits not the fans.

Nutt is the one who is 2 - 5 in bowl games not the fans.

Nutt is the one who ran off Gus not the fans.

Nutt is the one who every year promises a passing game only to run smoke draws on 3rd and long not the fans.

Nutt is the one with the 38 - 36 record in sec play with 22 of those wins coming against the Mississippi, Kentucky, and South Carolina Schools not the fans.

Nutt is the one who Cant keep The best talent in the state in state, not the fans.

Nutt is the one who cant help from sending text messages to his "charity friend" 19 minutes before kickoff of the biggest game of the year last year not the fans.

Dont give me this crap about it being the fans fault. The media is finally catching on to the 3 ring circus we have going on at the HILL!

And as the poster above stated already yeah people are noticing the baseball team. Thats why we lead attendance this year. Take off your blinders.

Cant wait for this season to start and Dmac to put the hogs on his back  and carry this coachless team to an SEC championship!!!!

TX HOG

Quote from: Since 1894 on May 31, 2007, 09:48:50 am

Good Post

Yes, I want change but it won't come before the end of the year.  So...

It is time to stop the complaining and start getting ready to cheer on the TEAM (yes, the WHOLE team) for the 07 season.

Go Hogs Go

Win 14 this year baby.

Be Good

I disagree don't change your convictions.  Cheer for the Razorbacks!!

sihog

worthless reply

GO HOGS GO

TX HOG

311Hog

Quote from: sihog on May 31, 2007, 09:51:13 am
worthless reply

but correct in every way.

cosmodrum

Again, any coach with a brain will see this for what it is. It's not like Hooten has had an extraordinarily hard time with the fans the eight seasons prior to the last. Things changed, and they were NOT the fault of our great fan base. Nuttrageous brought all of this on himself. The fans did not wake up one day and say "hey, how can we oust our head coach? Ideas?" "Any decent coach" would not do the things that Dale has done, thus they know they would not have to worry about such.

I hate that damn argument. It holds no water.
Go away, batin'

Hogblog

Tell your friend Butu, that he needs to focus on making the NFL. His code red buddy dale will have to take care of his own butt now..............

Silver Hog

Quote from: 311Hog on May 31, 2007, 09:34:17 am
I dont want the Razorbacks to lose any games, but that fact never stopped them from losing now did it?

3 in a row at the end, and 2 massive, embarassing blowouts by USC.

and now maybe Troy.

pikehog

I don't give any credence to second party posts that claim a former player gave them permission to post it.

This alleged former player loses even more credibility when he states that Nutt and crew will leave after winning the SEC Championship this season.....Nutt will never win an SEC Championship.

86jacketstchamps

I highly doubt this came from any former player to be quite honest, and for those that say this is hurting our program need to focus more on how situations have been handled by those on the hill that can make a difference.  The ones in front of the camera and mic at UofA have repeatedly mishandled one issue after another.

PigPusher

Well said. +++

I think we would be surprised to discover just how many of the so called HOG fans posting under the heading "Darksider" are really not HOG fans. I personally know of a few that live in another state and are just plain fakes. Having a lot of fun though.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

TX HOG

Why don't "huggers" do hit and runs.  Why don't they answer questions.  I will answer any question.

hOUSTon NUTT

Quote from: RZRBack_FAN on May 31, 2007, 09:49:32 am

Nutt is the one with the 38 - 36 record in sec play with 21 of those wins coming against the Mississippi Schools not the fans.

In 9 years, he's won 21 games against the Mississippi Schools?  Have we gone undefeated against Ole Miss and MSU?  Have we played them more than twice in a season? 

I'm going to go ahead and call BS....

TX HOG

Quote from: PigPusher on May 31, 2007, 09:59:15 am

Well said. +++

I think we would be surprised to discover just how many of the so called HOG fans posting under the heading "Darksider" are really not HOG fans. I personally know of a few that live in another state and are just plain fakes. Having a lot of fun though.

please explain, what makes it a great post.

PCHogs

So, Nutt is totally innocent and the fans are completely to blame for this whole saga? What a bunch of baloney! And we're the ones hurting recruiting? What recruiting? Who is it that ran off a Parade All American/Gatorade Player of the Year/undefeated QB?  Who was it that ran off an All Frosh SEC receiver?  Who was it that didn't recruit Broderick Green?  Speaking of fans, I know of one fan who is at the center of this whole problem because she sent a harrassing email to Mitch Mustain.  So, if you want to blame fans, blame this particular Nutthugger fan.  The fans who stand up and want honest answers are simply reacting to Nutt's actions and words.
My websites: 

Watchman Fellowship (a Christian discernment ministry with expertise on cults, new religious movements and world religions): www.watchman.org

CC not PC (Constitutionally Correct not Politically Correct):  www.facebook.com/ccnotpc and www.ccnotpc.com

3kgthog

Did Ryan Sorahan say that? I'd probably be loyal to Nutt too if he let me start some games over supafreak Matt Jones.

bphi11ips

With all due respect to a former player, he is wrong in this case.  This is not pleasant for any of us.  We are not doing it because we are vindictive, or because we are unhappy with last season.  Nutt would have you believe that.  If that were true what kind of hell do you think he would have gone through after consecutive 4-7, 5-6 seasons?  White and Nutt are becoming increasingly disengenuous.  Their quotes and statements referenced in the Atlanta Constitution Journal article are unforgivable. This is now a war.  One the Pro-Razorbacks will win.  The consensus today, I believe, concerning White and Nutt is similar to the consensus on Richard Nixon and Spiro Agnew in the summer of 1973.  You new they were both bad guys and it was just a matter of time before they paid the piper.

And if a former player believes we are about to embark on a championship SEC season, I question his knowledge of the game. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Choctaw Hog

This "we can't get a good coach" argument because of the fans is pure BS!  I'm from Oklahoma and I remember when Howard Snellenberger and John Blake were coaching at OU.  It was brutal both from the fans and the media.  It didn't seem to hurt them getting Stoops, did it? 

I personally think we should hire a top assistant that has a great pedigree and give him the same 9 years that Nutt has had.  He would be hard pressed to do any worse, record wise, and I'm fairly confident that ANY coach would not have the fans as divided as Nutt has us now.

hogman64

If he is such a big supporter of Nutt and a former player  why doesnt he give you permission to give his name........As for the fans being the reason for instability..............BSBSBS.........and No Arkansas  fans havent noticed the baseball team or the coach, the national attendance record was set by fans from other schools coming to  our stadium.......

BigDeal

Thanks for the effort but I really don't see to where this will change any minds. I've been trying to lay out facts and help those with their head in the sand for a few months now to no avail. Unfortunately, the fire of hatred is burning so wild now, it is too out of control. Some think the grass is always greener on the other side, but it will be too late when it is discovered Coach Nutt was the green pasture everybody wanted.

TX HOG

Quote from: BigDeal on May 31, 2007, 10:04:27 am

Thanks for the effort but I really don't see to where this will change any minds. I've been trying to lay out facts and help those with their head in the sand for a few months now to no avail. Unfortunately, the fire of hatred is burning so wild now, it is too out of control. Some think the grass is always greener on the other side, but it will be too late when it is discovered Coach Nutt was the green pasture everybody wanted.

What facts?

86jacketstchamps

Quote from: PigPusher on May 31, 2007, 09:59:15 am

Well said. +++

I choose to read and take posts seriously when there is something of content to discuss.  It seems that most Nutt supporters make claims such as this thread of "knowing a former player who said", or that they spoke with someone...and so forth.....The problem is that when asked for facts, something to support their statement......there is no response.....I have yet to have a Nutt supporter to look at what White told Beck regarding the relationship with Nutt and TP being described as "no relationship"...and then Nutt and TP stating they are like family.......not any Nutt supporter that I have asked has said that this stinks of foul play!!......That to me is ignorance.

TX HOG

86jacketstchamps

What facts have you ever laid out??   You just opened up the whirlwind there bigman......please enlighten us on facts!!!

86jacketstchamps

Ok, everyone get ready for the deafening sound of silence from the deal man......

TX HOG

"Huggers" can hardly ever answer questions.  I'm willing to answer all questions. 

LA Football fan

Yeah, no coach would want to come to coach at the UA where a coach can tell his AD that he will not be good for two years and get a free pass.  Where he can promise to improve our passing game every year and then finish at the bottom of the country every year.  Where he can fire a coach for not improving the passing game and rehire him so he can improve the passing game.  Where he can run off the OCOY and HS POY, get a contract extension and pay raise.  Where he has the media and call in shows that will only report anything positive about the football program.  Where he can have his "friends" email his top player to transfer and get to investigate the matter himself.  Where he can text a female news anchor over 1000 times and not a single recruit and still get a raise.  Where he can finish in the bottom in recruiting in the SEC year after year and the AD says that is the best we can do.  I know coaches all over America are trembling at the thought of coaching here!!!!

PCHogs

Accusing all of those who are critical of Nutt of hatred is an absurd generalization.  I'm sure there are some who do hate him, but there are also those huugers who "hate" Mustain, Malzahn, and Williams.  So by my count that is 3 times more hatred from the huggers.  So if I use your logic I would broadly paint all Nutthuggers as being 3 times more hate filled than darksiders, right?  So, please just stop with the name calling inuendos and tell us your so-called facts in response to which we are putting our collective heads in the sand.
My websites: 

Watchman Fellowship (a Christian discernment ministry with expertise on cults, new religious movements and world religions): www.watchman.org

CC not PC (Constitutionally Correct not Politically Correct):  www.facebook.com/ccnotpc and www.ccnotpc.com

HoopS

Quote from: PCHogs on May 31, 2007, 10:19:05 am

Accusing all of those who are critical of Nutt of hatred is an absurd generalization.  I'm sure there are some who do hate him, but there are also those huugers who "hate" Mustain, Malzahn, and Williams.  So by my count that is 3 times more hatred from the huggers.  So if I use your logic I would broadly paint all Nutthuggers as being 3 times more hate filled than darksiders, right?  So, please just stop with the name calling inuendos and tell us your so-called facts in response to which we are putting our collective heads in the sand.

I agree with what you are saying..... but for future reference, if you see that "Big Deal" wrote it, I would suggest either totally ignoring it or read it and then disregard it.