Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss / Vandy - Game 2 Thread

Started by Ouachihog, May 26, 2007, 05:24:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ouachihog

Thanks for the updates hogfan and mikeb. 

I'm shocked that OM and Vandy haven't scored more on each other in this game. 

Hopefully Vandy will come back and send it to extra innings or just win it in 9. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

Ouachihog

FYI...

OM has only used 1 pitcher.  Vandy is on their 3rd pitcher. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

dacskc

I'd enjoy seeing a 17 inning affair where both teams resort to putting a position player on the mound.

mikeb

Bottom of the 9th same score

Last chance for Vandy

hogfan064

Double for Vandy.  Runner on 2nd 0 outs.  Come on let's take it to extra innings!!

chiefsfan

Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

hogfan064

mikeb

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 26, 2007, 07:56:42 pm
Double for Vandy.  Runner on 2nd 0 outs.  Come on let's take it to extra innings!!

Yeah, what he said

hogfan064

hogfan064

FC bunt.  Runners on the corners 0 outs

mikeb

chiefsfan

where is coach my back hurts to complain about the small ball tactic
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

hogfan064

9th man in the order up for Vandy Brad French 1-3 for the day

Oliver

Vanderbilt wins this game.  Mark it down.

hogfan064

Vandy!! Vandy!! Oh Hell Yeah!!(only Vandy cheer I know)

hogfan064

French fouls out to 3rd.  1 out runners still on 1st and 3rd.

mikeb

hogfan064

Top of the order is up.  David Macia 1-4 on the day.  Hit it out of the infield!!

Vandy!! Vandy!! Oh Hell Yeah!!

hogfan064

chiefsfan

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 26, 2007, 08:01:43 pm
Top of the order is up.  David Macia 1-4 on the day.  Hit it out of the infield!!

2 outs goob, he needs to find grass

hogfan064

Runner steals 2nd.  2nd and 3rd 1 out.  0 balls 2 strikes to Macias

hogfan064

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 26, 2007, 08:02:47 pm
Quote from: hogfan064 on May 26, 2007, 08:01:43 pm

2 outs goob, he needs to find grass

Only 1 out according to SEC live stats

chiefsfan

oopsy daisy, I thought he was out on the bunt  duh

im stupid

hogman64

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 26, 2007, 08:02:58 pm

that was pretty gutsy

chiefsfan

Quote from: hogman64 on May 26, 2007, 08:04:14 pm
Quote from: hogfan064 on May 26, 2007, 08:02:58 pm

that was pretty gutsy

very gutsy, takes away the double play and now a basehit wins it

hogfan064

Macias fouls out to LF.  Runner scores  3-3!!!

chiefsfan

Tie game, I want extra innings lots and lots of them

hogman64

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 26, 2007, 08:04:57 pm
Macias fouls out to LF.  Runner scores  3-3!!!

yessssssssssss lets play 18

hogfan064

Ok if you are the LF why do you catch the foul ball and allow the run to score?   I guess you take an out anyway you can get it when the winning run is on 2nd. 

mikeb

hogman64

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 26, 2007, 08:05:42 pm
Ok if you are the LF why do you catch the foul ball and allow the run to score?   I guess you take an out anyway you can get it when the winning run is on 2nd. 

Yea I think you got to catch it.....

hogfan064

Extra innings!!! 3-3 score going to 10th

mikeb

Quote from: hogman64 on May 26, 2007, 08:06:49 pm
Ok if you are the LF why do you catch the foul ball and allow the run to score?   I guess you take an out anyway you can get it when the winning run is on 2nd. 

Yea I think you got to catch it.....

You always catch the ball.

hogfan064

In 2 games that mean nothing to us

3rd inning
Wake Forest 2
Miami 2 

If Wake wins it goes to the ACC Championship game, if they lose then Clemson does.  UNC has locked a spot down

Southern Conference Championship game

8th inning
Wofford 3
The Citadel 1

chiefsfan

I thought about that, and if there is no one on, you let it go foul, but not in this situation against the #1 team in the country, you take the out allow the run to score, and take your chances in extra innings, where its a whole new ball game

hogfan064

First 2 batters down for Ole Miss in the 10th

hogfan064

Casey Weathers working his 3rd inning for the Dores.  He's the 3rd pitcher of the night

hogfan064

Overbeck singles.  Runner on 1st 2 outs

hogman64

It would be awesome if Keuchell had a really good game tomorrow.......I think he is going to be  a good one...............

chiefsfan

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 26, 2007, 08:12:42 pm

live stats has a runner on and 1 out

chiefsfan

gosh we must be bandwagon fans, 1 pitch we are cheering for vandy to tie it up and on the next pitch we are cheering for ole miss to get out of the inning

and we call ourselves fans  :P

hogfan064

hogfan064

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 26, 2007, 08:13:46 pm

You and I just keep messing up on this it seems

hogfan064

3 straight singles.  Bases loaded 1 out

hogfan064

chiefsfan

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 26, 2007, 08:16:25 pm
Quote from: chiefsfan on May 26, 2007, 08:13:46 pm

You and I just keep messing up on this it seems

ehh youre doing fine, you got this to extras...if you get tired in the 27th inning while the players are about to collapse on the field out of pure exhaustion, let me know and Ill take over ;)

hogfan064

Ole Miss now up 5-3 due to an error