Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss / Vandy - Game 2 Thread

Started by Ouachihog, May 26, 2007, 05:24:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ouachihog

I can give occasional updates, but can't promise the whole game.  Anyone wanting to give updates feel free to jump in...

Ole Miss leads 3-2 in the top of the 2nd right now....
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

Ouachihog

Good sign...Vandy already changing pitchers....

J Cunningham replacing Ty Davis for Vandy on the mound.
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

mikeb

If anyone cares Clem is beating FSU 2-0 going into the 6th

yraciv

Anyone know who Vandy or Ole Miss would pitch against us at this point?  I'm liking our chances.

Ouachihog

Quote from: mikeb on May 26, 2007, 05:31:31 pm

Who do we need to win that one, Mike? 

Ouachihog

Bottom of the 2nd, Ole Miss still leading 3-2. 

FYI, Vandy is the home team, Ole MIss is the visiting team. 

mikeb

Quote from: Ouachihog on May 26, 2007, 05:33:01 pm

Clem, but I'm not sure how that would help us

Ouachihog

Have to step away for a minute....here is a link to live stats for anyone that cares....

http://live.secsports.com/ba/games/game14/

mikeb

Boarcephus

I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

mikeb

Break & Run

Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Break & Run

Quote from: hog_fan_08 on May 26, 2007, 05:46:52 pm
Quote from: Boarcephus on May 26, 2007, 05:45:29 pm
Did Vandy win the first game?

Did they win it? no.

Vandy DEMOLISHED Ole Piss, 13-1 in only EIGHT innings.
It was 8-0 through 2 innings.
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

mikeb

Bottom 6th Clem up bases loaded

Clem 3-0 over FSU

1 out pitching change

mikeb

Ole Miss does nothing in the top

still lead 3-2

hogfan064

Quote from: mikeb on May 26, 2007, 05:34:34 pm

Neither would help us.  FSU has pretty much clinched a national seed and Clemson is just fighting to get a regional.  I guess Clemson winning could help us b/c USC beat them 3 of 4 and we beat USC twice(yeah I know I'm stretching here a bit)

351hog

Quote from: hog_fan_08 on May 26, 2007, 05:47:25 pm

Did they win it? no.

8 innings?  Is there a mercy rule in the SEC tournament or something?

mikeb

Quote from: 351hog on May 26, 2007, 05:58:58 pm

Did they win it? no.

7 if leading by 10

mikeb

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 26, 2007, 05:56:19 pm

Neither would help us.  FSU has pretty much clinched a national seed and Clemson is just fighting to get a regional.  I guess Clemson winning could help us b/c USC beat them 3 of 4 and we beat USC twice(yeah I know I'm stretching here a bit)

lol...right on

351hog

Quote from: mikeb on May 26, 2007, 06:01:09 pm

Did they win it? no.

7 if leading by 10

Wow...did not know that.  Are the regionals, super regionals, and CWS played that way too?

hogfan064

Quote from: 351hog on May 26, 2007, 06:03:57 pm

Did they win it? no.

7 if leading by 10

Wow...did not know that.  Are the regionals, super regionals, and CWS played that way too?

Yeah they are.  There was a game a few years back where Quinnipiac was beaten by about 30 runs in 1 game and they called it early.  I think it was against Texas. 

chiefsfan

Quote from: mikeb on May 26, 2007, 06:01:32 pm

lol...right on

it might have to do with who we are paired with in supers...  Hogs winning like this has probably assured we wont have to face Texas or Rice as a potential super regional opponent

If we dont get a top 8 seed, Id keep a close eye on the NCAA sending the winner of our regional out west for a super...usually its someone in this area who has to bite the bullet for supers
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

351hog

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 26, 2007, 06:05:39 pm

Did they win it? no.

7 if leading by 10

Yeah they are.  There was a game a few years back where Quinnipiac was beaten by about 30 runs in 1 game and they called it early.  I think it was against Texas. 

Many thanks for clearing that up.

mikeb

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 26, 2007, 06:06:02 pm
Quote from: mikeb on May 26, 2007, 06:01:32 pm

lol...right on

it might have to do with who we are paired with in supers...  Hogs winning like this has probably assured we wont have to face Texas or Rice as a potential super regional opponent

If we dont get a top 8 seed, Id keep a close eye on the NCAA sending the winner of our regional out west for a super...usually its someone in this area who has to bite the bullet for supers

That's cool

chiefsfan

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 26, 2007, 06:05:39 pm

Did they win it? no.

7 if leading by 10

I remember that game, Schmidt pitched for us and dominated Texas the next day

Now we lost the final by a combined 2 game score of 23-3  but I dont like to think about that part of the tourney
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

mikeb

mikeb

Bottom of the 4th Vandy up Ole Miss leading 3-2

Lanlord

Quote from: Ouachihog on May 26, 2007, 05:35:44 pm
Have to step away for a minute....here is a link to live stats for anyone that cares....

http://live.secsports.com/ba/games/game14/

I cared.  Thanks!

Arkapigdiesel

Is the game televised?  I can't find it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

chiefsfan

Quote from: PBD on May 26, 2007, 06:19:34 pm

CSS has it...so only on cable

Break & Run

Ole Miss has combined for 4 errors today. Vandy has a guy at 2nd w/ 1 out, bottom 4

mikeb

It's on CSS or CSNW but I'm blacked out here in NWA

Break & Run

Robin popped to 2b, 2 down, man at second...R. Davis at the plate.

Break & Run

HEY, where are our signatures??? I've just realized they're gone!! HDN came and stole them! LMAO!

mikeb

Break & Run

Vandy does nothing in the bottom of the 4th. Davis flied out to CF

Break & Run

Ole Miss is going quickly, a lined out and a ground out, 2 down...

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: mikeb on May 26, 2007, 06:20:55 pm

It's on CSS or CSNW but I'm blacked out here in NWA
I can't find it on any channel in NWA either.  Crap.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

Break & Run

Break & Run

Ole Piss goes 1,2,3 in the 5th. COME ON VANDY!!!

mikeb

chiefsfan

In the top of the 6th now and Ole Miss still leads 3-2

Break & Run

Ole Miss just grounded into their FIFTH Double Play of the day!!! End of 5 1/2, still 3-2 UM.

chiefsfan

Quote from: hog_fan_08 on May 26, 2007, 06:48:43 pm
Ole Miss just grounded into their FIFTH Double Play of the day!!! End of 5 1/2, still 3-2 UM.

thats ironic, they turned 5 double plays in game 1...

Break & Run

No, lol, it's their 2nd game of the day. they've also had 4 errors combined on the day.

mikeb

It's nice that Alvarez hasn't put up any hits...damn that guy is a hitting machine

Break & Run

Quote from: mikeb on May 26, 2007, 07:08:17 pm
It's nice that Alvarez hasn't put up any hits...damn that guy is a hitting machine

Alverez had a 2-run blast in the noontime game.

Break & Run

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 26, 2007, 06:52:24 pm
Quote from: hog_fan_08 on May 26, 2007, 06:48:43 pm

thats ironic, they turned 5 double plays in game 1...

No, they were victims of 4 DP's in the first game and 1 so far in the second game.

Break & Run

through 6.5 it's still 3-2 Ole Piss.

mikeb

Quote from: hog_fan_08 on May 26, 2007, 07:11:36 pm
Quote from: mikeb on May 26, 2007, 07:08:17 pm

Alverez had a 2-run blast in the noontime game.

I know, he also went 4-4 and was 9-10 his last at bat's...I'm just talking about this game here, he hasn't done anything  8)