Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I want Vandy.

Started by Bomis Hawg, May 26, 2007, 01:33:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bomis Hawg

I know we owe Ole Miss.  They beat us three times this year.
I would love to get Vandy again.  Top seed.  Top ranked.  They'd have to win twice today, though.
Would be a huge boost for us.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on May 26, 2007, 01:33:35 pm
I would love to get Vandy again.  Top seed.  Top ranked.  They'd have to win twice today, though.

i was about to post the exact same thing

i want the SEC championship but beating ole miss is not like beating the #1 team in the nation

doc_hogiday7

We would have the advntage playing a worn out vandy.

hogfan064

Go Dores!!!   Losing to Vandy in the SECCG wouldn't hurt us that much.  Losing to Ole Miss could give the Rebs fire to host a SR since they would be 4-1 against the Hogs this year. 

hogfan064

ballhog™

I would rather beat Vandy, but I think our best shot is against Ole Miss if they lose the first one today.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

hogfan064

Quote from: ballhog on May 26, 2007, 01:47:33 pm
I would rather beat Vandy, but I think our best shot is against Ole Miss if they lose the first one today.

Well, look at it this way.  A loss to the #2 team in the RPI won't hurt us, but a win against them could really help us.  How could the NCAA not give us a top 8 seed when we would've beaten the Dores 3 of 4 this year?

Ouachihog

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 26, 2007, 01:48:49 pm

Well, look at it this way.  A loss to the #2 team in the RPI won't hurt us, but a win against them could really help us.  How could the NCAA not give us a top 8 seed when we would've beaten the Dores 3 of 4 this year?

I agree.  Plus, Vandy would be playing their 6th game of the tourney and we will be playing our 4th.  Vandy may have a deep staff, but nobody is that deep.  Baseball is a funny game, but it would probably be a slugfest tomorrow.  Hopefully we would have just a bit more pitching than they would. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

mikeb

hogfan064

Looks like these 2 teams will be playing 2

chiefsfan

5-0 Dores now.  They are hitting the guy that hogs hitters made look like Cy Young last sunday
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

mikeb

hogfan064

Dores all over Rebels  8-0

Ouachihog

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 26, 2007, 02:09:51 pm

3 homers already for vandy.  Hopefully OM will score some runs on offense and use up some vandy pitchers. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

chiefsfan

Quote from: Ouachihog on May 26, 2007, 02:10:36 pm
Quote from: hogfan064 on May 26, 2007, 02:09:51 pm

3 homers already for vandy.  Hopefully OM will score some runs on offense and use up some vandy pitchers. 

Vandy did that to themselves by losing Wednesday.  we wont have to face Price Minor Or Crowell their top 3 guys.  Price threw Thursday, minor yesterday, and Crowell is throwing game 1 today

Hey we get to see Pedro Alvarez for another season oh boy
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

chiefsfan

8-0 still Top 3

Ole Miss needs to score a few so Vandy can use their pen some...

mikeb

Pedro Alvarez 10 out of 15 hits for the SEC tourney...guy is on Fire!!

mikeb

chiefsfan

10-0 Vandy in the 7th  and Ole Miss has to score 1 to stay alive

mikeb

chiefsfan

Ole Miss got a double and a 2 out RBI single to keep the game going

10-1 Vandy  top 8

mikeb

So how much time between games 10-15 minutes?

mikeb

As hot as Vandy is hitting in this tourney...I don't want to see them tomorrow.

PigWig

Quote from: mikeb on May 26, 2007, 03:44:35 pm
As hot as Vandy is hitting in this tourney...I don't want to see them tomorrow.
Tomorrow would be their 6th game in 5 days. I doubt they will come out on fire. Not to mention, they already won the regular season and have a bid locked up as a top 8 seed.  Don't be surprised to see a lot of young players get a start if we play them tomorrow.

mikeb

So are they not televising the next game?

litmachog

Is the game over??  Haven't heard an update since the initial 10 - 1 in the 7th.

mikeb

Quote from: litmachog on May 26, 2007, 04:12:06 pm
Is the game over??  Haven't heard an update since the initial 10 - 1 in the 7th.

Vandy won 13-1

litmachog

Do we know if they used more than the one pitcher in the game?  In fact, does anyone know roughly how many each of these teams have used during the tourney.

So now Ole Miss is on their 4th and Vandy on their 5th game prior to playing us tomorrow who will be playing our 4th.  Does Ole Miss or Vandy have a deeper pitching staff? 

I'd love to see a high scoring 12 inning game for the second one.  I want this second game to go a long time.

chiefsfan

Quote from: litmachog on May 26, 2007, 04:19:11 pm
Do we know if they used more than the one pitcher in the game?  In fact, does anyone know roughly how many each of these teams have used during the tourney.

So now Ole Miss is on their 4th and Vandy on their 5th game prior to playing us tomorrow who will be playing our 4th.  Does Ole Miss or Vandy have a deeper pitching staff? 

I'd love to see a high scoring 12 inning game for the second one.  I want this second game to go a long time.

Answering various thread questions

First the game is on TV, its just on CSS instead of FSN.   CSS has the rights to the if necessary games.  if arkansas had lost we would have been on CSS.   Instead we will be on FSN tommorow   Im glad we won

as for pitching, Ole Miss will have thrown 3 starters and 3 relievers so far in tournament play
Vanderbilt has thrown 4 starters and 2 relievers in tournament play...  so Vandy has less starting pitching left, but more relief pitching.   Id prefer Vandy from a pitching scenario because Ole Miss can come back and throw any of the 2 relievers we saw last weekend...1 hasnt even pitched in this tournament yet

Next game is scheduled to start at 5:00pm

litmachog

Agreed.  Vandy has good pitching but how many can go 6 games deep with quality starters.  Their 6th pitcher would have to go against Ark's 4th.  I like our chances better.

Plus both of these teams will have played two games while we have had the day off.  The earliest their game will be over will be 7:30 and then will have to turn around and play the soon to be TOURNEY CHAMPIONS!!

GO HOGS!!!!

mikeb

CSS? I guess I don't get that with DirecTV on my sports package?

Hawgfan23

Is the 2nd game between Ole Miss and Vandy on TV too??
National Championship, 6 Final Fours, 9 Elite Eights, 14 Sweet Sixteen Appearances, 27 NCAA Bids, 93 First Team All-Conferences Selections -- 31 Conference Titles.

Tradition Speaks for Itself.

litmachog

Here is also an interesting statistic.

Between Schmidt, Todd, and Welker, they have thrown a total of 36 strike outs.  That means our starters have averaged 12 strike outs a game.  When you start with a total of 27 batters in a game, you lower that to a potential of 15 that have a chance to do something with the ball.

Gotta love that stat.  Reduces the efficiency of an offense against the Hogs.

Bomis Hawg

13 of the 14 hits in the 3 games were singles.
6 walks in the 3 games.
Not bad.

mikeb

Quote from: mikeb on May 26, 2007, 04:31:52 pm
CSS? I guess I don't get that with DirecTV on my sports package?

Never mind, I found it, it's on CSNW for you DirecTV subscribers

mikeb

CSNW blacked me out  >:(

any updates would be appreciated

Break & Run

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 26, 2007, 01:48:49 pm

It would really help us considering we just beat the 7th ranked RPI in the country in USC-EAST.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Break & Run

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 26, 2007, 01:35:04 pm
Quote from: Bomis Hawg on May 26, 2007, 01:33:35 pm

i was about to post the exact same thing

i want the SEC championship but beating ole miss is not like beating the #1 team in the nation

Yea, except in this case, it would be HARDER to beat Ole Miss than to beat the no. 1 team in the country...if you catch my drift...
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Break & Run

Ole Miss has just made their combined 4th error of the day (this one by the center-fielder).
Vandy has 1 on, no outs, bottom 5.

Break & Run

Meingasner reached on a fielder's choice, Ole Piss went to second to get Flaherty b/c he was the tying run.

Break & Run

Meingasner stole second, so much for the FC a while ago!! :)

BigDave70

"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant

razorbacks1usa