Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Florida vs South carolina thread

Started by chiefsfan, May 25, 2007, 03:23:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chiefsfan

Matt Laporta hit a ball that is probably over the mid atlantic by now

2 run shot and its 2-0 Florida with SC batting in the bottom of the first
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

WilsonHog

We need something along the lines of a 12-10 game.

Use up that pitching, boys!

chiefsfan

Florida's pitcher is making his first start of the season.  gave up a leadoff first inning single, but a double play quelched that threat

2-0 gators after 1
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

chiefsfan

error, but a caught stealing and its still 2-0 Florida in the bottom of the 2nd

TuckFexas

Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

chiefsfan

First 4 men for South Carolina got on...led to 3 runs

3-2 Gamecocks after 2 innings

mikeb

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 25, 2007, 03:52:51 pm
First 4 men for South Carolina got on...led to 3 runs

3-2 Gamecocks after 2 innings

WOW!!

chiefsfan

Florida got 2 men on but lined into a double play

3-2 SC after 2 and a half

chiefsfan

nothing doing for SC in the 3rd

Still 3-2

chiefsfan

Florida goes in order in the fourth

chiefsfan

South Carolina goes in order in their half of the 4th

As we go to the 5th  still 3-2 cocks

chiefsfan

Only a walk for the Gatos in the 5th...nothing else

chiefsfan

and a smile creeps across my face as I watch Travis Jones get hit by a pitch but get called back to the box for not trying to get out of the way

Hey Hey 1,000 posts..wow

chiefsfan

Nothing doing for SC in the fifth, despite Travis Jones sticking his elbow across home plate and trying to find his own way on base

he didnt get on, and grounded out as punishment

chiefsfan

South Carolina's pitcher is just plain dealing and its still 3-2 as they go to the bottom of the 6th

chiefsfan

Big 2 base error by Florida leads to a gamecock run to make it 4-2

Florida is making a pitching change as SC pushes for more in the 6th with 2 on and 1 out

chiefsfan

Florida just walked a run home to make it 5-2 SC

florida has to win to be NCAA eligible, and Pat McMahon is managing like the game is on the line, he has gone through 4 pitchers now in this one inning alone

in other words, it would be nice if Florida could figure out how to come back and win

chiefsfan

If this game is in South Carolina  its 9-2 now.  Instead its a LOONG fly out and the inning is over and its only 5-2 SC

Gators are still alive as they head to the top of the 7th, but they are running out of outs

msudawgs64

yeah but don't forget that Pat McMahon got his on the job training from Ron Polk, UF is screwed.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

rzrbckfan426

Come on gators, pull this one out

chiefsfan

Florida has 6 outs remaining in their season

chiefsfan

Still 5-2 as we head to the 8th.  Laporta is due up 3rd this innings, so the gators need to get a couple guys on before him for him to represent the tying run

chiefsfan

3 outs left in Florida's season

still 5-2

Bottom 8

msudawgs64

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 25, 2007, 05:45:41 pm
3 outs left in Florida's season

still 5-2

Bottom 8

Florida may have, and I say may, have a very slim chance of having played themselves into a low seed regional bid somewhere with the one win, but they probably needed this one to make it a good chance.

I would say they are on the last 5 out list.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

chiefsfan

rzrbckfan426

Ouachihog

Quote from: rzrbckfan426 on May 25, 2007, 06:02:04 pm
Any new updates?

5-3, top of the 9th, 2 outs.  UF down to their last out.  UF has runners on 2nd and 3rd. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

USCoastGuard

Come back over Gus!

chiefsfan

made it interesting, but thats it.   they left the tying run on second and Matt Laporta on deck

SC's closer pitched the last 2 innings to close it out

Final Score

South Carolina 5
Florida 3

Ouachihog

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 25, 2007, 06:12:47 pm
made it interesting, but thats it.   they left the tying run on second and Matt Laporta on deck

Final Score

South Carolina 5
Florida 3

I assume Carolina will be down to their 4th starter tomorrow, correct? 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

chiefsfan

Quote from: Ouachihog on May 25, 2007, 06:13:58 pm
made it interesting, but thats it.   they left the tying run on second and Matt Laporta on deck

Final Score

South Carolina 5
Florida 3

they had 2 #3 starters this year, so we get one of those, then a midweek guy if a second game has to be played.   Hogs know it will be Welker in game 1 and either Keuchel or Rhoads if there is an if-necessary game

GO WELKER, GO HOGS!!!!

hogfan064

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 25, 2007, 06:36:54 pm
Quote from: Ouachihog on May 25, 2007, 06:13:58 pm

Final Score

South Carolina 5
Florida 3

they had 2 #3 starters this year, so we get one of those, then a midweek guy if a second game has to be played.   Hogs know it will be Welker in game 1 and either Keuchel or Rhoads if there is an if-necessary game

GO WELKER, GO HOGS!!!!

If the Hogs were to lose the first game tomorrow look for Will Atwood or Wynn Pelzer to get the start.   Pelzer is very talented, but has struggled all year.  At one time it was believed Pelzer was the most talented USC pitcher and he had a good year last year, but Tanner is losing confidence in him.  Atwood would be my guess.