Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

***Most Dominant Mascot on Earth National Championship: Arkansas vs Iowa St.***

Started by NuttinItUp, May 25, 2007, 02:10:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Coondog Hog

I cannot find the current results when I vote the pole comes back up and I do not get to see any results
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Coondog Hog on May 26, 2007, 12:14:29 am
I cannot find the current results when I vote the pole comes back up and I do not get to see any results
52-48 we are up at the moment.

VenturaHog

52-48 still, keep it up!

I want that commemorative plaque so bad it hurts.

gumby013

Looks like people should check out cycling IPs or the feasibility of using TOR to get around the voting caps.  I would but I am at work...

RazorBassin

VenturaHog

OzarkHighs

Proud Hog

roothog229

As of 8:30 this morning

Arkansas - 53%
Iowa State - 47%
Total Votes - 7,787

Keep voting like mad though! Iowa State voted in the millions, so you know we gotta go strong, especially this weekend while their students are drinking it up in the cornfields! VOTE HARD HOG FANS!

Proud Hog

When I am voting and holding down the enter key after awhile I get kicked of the site and a page says cannot find server or kicked off internet all together.Anybody know why that is?

bd93

Quote from: Proud Hog on May 26, 2007, 08:40:27 am
When I am voting and holding down the enter key after awhile I get kicked of the site and a page says cannot find server or kicked off internet all together.Anybody know why that is?

that happend to me last round.  So I just blocked my ip and then restarted my computer and then it worked fine for me.

gumby013

Proud Hog

kgr

Just voted, we are only up 6%.  Lets get those votes out people.

Smithian

Be ready for them to make a gigantic run after the computer's class up at Iowa State starts voting for like an hour.

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Proud Hog

52% to 48% for the hogs.Come on guys they are catching up.Vote,vote,vote.then vote again.

Proud Hog

AFWarrior83

Hogville member since 2005.

Break & Run

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on May 26, 2007, 01:57:44 pm
Quote from: Hog Van Ham on May 26, 2007, 10:19:30 am
I guess this video will do until DeviceHigh gets his made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBeXZXqaBTQ

Hey how can I get that on my myspace page?

On youtube, out to the right of the video there are two choices of URL codes, the URL and the EMBED.  Select the EMBED one and put it in the section of MySpace you want.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

bao187

Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

DEVICEHIGH

Yeah baby Yeah!

No need for me to do a thing.

I get the weekend off.    :)
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

Proud Hog

NuttinItUp

We were up 52-48 as of about 5 minutes ago when I checked last. Still only 10920 Total votes though, which makes me think they are blocking the multiple voting now. We should focus more on getting as many different people to vote as possible rather than voting tons of times since that seems to be the best strategy for winning now.

Link (to keep it at the top of every page of this thread): http://www.sportsline.com/spin/story/10197376

Proud Hog

Quote from: NuttinItUp on May 26, 2007, 05:14:11 pm
We were up 52-48 as of about 5 minutes ago when I checked last. Still only 10920 Total votes though, which makes me think they are blocking the multiple voting now. We should focus more on getting as many different people to vote as possible rather than voting tons of times since that seems to be the best strategy for winning now.

Link (to keep it at the top of every page of this thread): http://www.sportsline.com/spin/story/10197376
They must be because I have voted alot myself and I know there have been alot of others doing the same.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Proud Hog on May 26, 2007, 05:20:23 pm

They must be because I have voted alot myself and I know there have been alot of others doing the same.
Cool, well keep it up. If you block cookies and use something that changes your IP (which I am sure is how they are tracking it) every so often like Tor, then I would assume they would still count. (although the pages load slower, there are less total votes, so a hundred votes or something makes a lot more difference) That being said, I am sure some of the votes from your own IP are still counting, but they probably limit it to like 1 vote an hour or 10 votes a day or something from a single IP. (I would assume)

That, and getting as many people to vote as possible (and everyone to vote at least a couple times a day) are our best strategies to win, imo, unless they change it again to the old way of tracking (which they could do at any time), which would make the tons of voting method the best one. Luckily, I think the way they are doing it now is our best chance to win, because the other way we probably would be getting smoked right now.

DEVICEHIGH

Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

Proud Hog

I wonder if just hiting the submit button as many times as you can as fast as you can, rather that holding down the enter button is a better way to get our vote count up?

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Proud Hog on May 26, 2007, 07:10:55 pm
I wonder if just hiting the submit button as many times as you can as fast as you can, rather that holding down the enter button is a better way to get our vote count up?
Perhaps, I just think they are tracking IPs now and only allowing them to vote a few times before not allowing more from that IP. There are only 11,000 votes or so, when this time last week they had 750,000 or so. (they ended with 3.5 million) Something is definitely different...

In other words, getting more people (with different IPs than your own) to vote (email your friends, post on other message boards, etc), and/or using programs that change your IP every so often is the only way (currently) to vote more than a handful of times. Of course, they could change it at any moment.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Gary Elsken on May 26, 2007, 06:55:27 pm
Here is some bullentin board material, a t.v. reporter in Des Moines can't even figure out which state we live in..

http://www.kcci.com/video/13395249/index.html?source=

Now that is pretty sad right there.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Gary Elsken on May 26, 2007, 07:40:40 pm
Quote from: NuttinItUp on May 26, 2007, 07:35:39 pm
Here is some bullentin board material, a t.v. reporter in Des Moines can't even figure out which state we live in..

I'm sure you recall Erin Andrews doing the sidelines at the Arkansas/Texas game here in Fayetteville saying she was in Fayetteville, ARIZONA as well.  Andrews is a beautiful woman and the fact she is normally well versed in sports knowledge makes her that much more attractive.. But I can't stand when people can't get the postal codes correct for our state. 

Also, if you noticed on the video the reporter from Des Moines call Michigan State the Spart-tee-ans, not the Spartans.  It makes my head hurt just thinking about it.
I hate it when people think the AR abbreviation is for Arizona, or when they think the abbreviation for Arkansas is AK.

goofballs

Smokehouse

Quote from: NuttinItUp on May 26, 2007, 07:47:26 pm
Quote from: Gary Elsken on May 26, 2007, 07:40:40 pm
Quote from: NuttinItUp on May 26, 2007, 07:35:39 pm

I'm sure you recall Erin Andrews doing the sidelines at the Arkansas/Texas game here in Fayetteville saying she was in Fayetteville, ARIZONA as well.  Andrews is a beautiful woman and the fact she is normally well versed in sports knowledge makes her that much more attractive.. But I can't stand when people can't get the postal codes correct for our state. 

Also, if you noticed on the video the reporter from Des Moines call Michigan State the Spart-tee-ans, not the Spartans.  It makes my head hurt just thinking about it.
I hate it when people think the AR abbreviation is for Arizona, or when they think the abbreviation for Arkansas is AK.

goofballs

One the company that made Bentonville High School's agenda planners put a map of Arizon in the back of it. Seeing as it was the only map, one can only assume what happened.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

BigDave70

Whata dummy
"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant

NuttinItUp

Quote from: BigDave70 on May 27, 2007, 02:28:50 am

Whata dummy
???
Why are you calling me a dummy?

Proud Hog

bigghurtt

I believe you are right.  I know they did not count my votes in the last round, as I voted over 3 million times (left my computer on auto-vote for 6 days while I was in sector), and now I can't even vote in this one...at least I don't think I can.  I have cookies enabled, but every time I submit it comes back to the form, and I can't see the results, so I think I am getting the cold shoulder.  If everyone can only vote once, I have to think we can win this going away.

Proud Hog

Quote from: bigghurtt on May 27, 2007, 08:43:47 am

I believe you are right.  I know they did not count my votes in the last round, as I voted over 3 million times (left my computer on auto-vote for 6 days while I was in sector), and now I can't even vote in this one...at least I don't think I can.  I have cookies enabled, but every time I submit it comes back to the form, and I can't see the results, so I think I am getting the cold shoulder.  If everyone can only vote once, I have to think we can win this going away.
Yea thats the way mine is doing.I cannot see the results.But I think the votes are still counting.Keep voting anyway.

RebelliousHog

I was able to vote twice before it blocked. I voted, left the page, read a little and went back, and was able to vote again. Third time it only showed the current standings. Hogs- 52 Clones-48.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Proud Hog

Quote from: HenduHog on May 27, 2007, 08:51:46 am
I was able to vote twice before it blocked. I voted, left the page, read a little and went back, and was able to vote again. Third time it only showed the current standings. Hogs- 52 Clones-48.
I have been hitting the submit button as many times as I can for as long as I can.I have heard that all the votes should count atleast they did in last round.When the results pop up on mine and they do every so often I hit refresh and the voting pops back up.Make sure your cookies are blocked.

AFWarrior83

Quote from: hog_fan_08 on May 26, 2007, 02:05:40 pm
Quote from: AFWarrior83 on May 26, 2007, 01:57:44 pm

Hey how can I get that on my myspace page?

On youtube, out to the right of the video there are two choices of URL codes, the URL and the EMBED.  Select the EMBED one and put it in the section of MySpace you want.

Got it thanks; Keep voting!
Hogville member since 2005.

roothog229

Still 52-48...c'mon guys...let's push the lead back up.

I can't emphasize enough.. this is the BEST day to vote...the ISU students are sleeping it in until Monday. Gotta build up the lead NOW. LET'S GO HOG FANS! VOTE!

Proud Hog

Still 52-48 but the vote count is slowly rising.Keep it up.Keep voting!!!

silvertip

Well, I'm getting tired of this. I TRIED to vote several times at work Friday night---every time I "submit", it comes right back to the original page. So, I can't see the results and I don't even know if my vote has been counted.

Same thing at home all weekend. Any suggestions as to how I can see the results? Thanks.

Also, please, when you report the percentages, would you please report the total # of votes? I've read 52-48 Hogs several times, but without vote totals, that doesn't mean much. Thanks.

bd93