Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

***Most Dominant Mascot on Earth National Championship: Arkansas vs Iowa St.***

Started by NuttinItUp, May 25, 2007, 02:10:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FS Hog

49/51 ISU :( 22096 votes

OOps I type too slow

Fayetnam

What gives! I vote and instead of showing me the results, it recycles to where I can vote again. Is my vote counting? Is it counting if I vote more than once? How do I see the results? Is there anything I can do to rectify this? THANKS GUYS!

1hogfan

razorbass

razorbass

Quote from: Fayetnam on May 29, 2007, 10:10:40 am
What gives! I vote and instead of showing me the results, it recycles to where I can vote again. Is my vote counting? Is it counting if I vote more than once? How do I see the results? Is there anything I can do to rectify this? THANKS GUYS!
yes it is counting!!

tobs54

The hogs are losing right now.   48% to 52%.  How is that possible?

1hogfan

Something has obviously changed. I can't see totals, but the  last update said 50,000 votes had been cast. Earlier today it was 20,000. Has anyone tried auto voting lately?  Wonder what happens if we clink more than once before we hit submit. Would it register one vote or the ten we clicked? Just a thought. 

razorbass

AFWarrior83

Hogville member since 2005.

razorbass

Break & Run

Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

alohawg

27,347 votes we're down 54-46%. Time to use our secret weapon. Anybody happen to know what it is?
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Jowls

I too have been voting, but after about 5-10 votes IE "closes". Maybe they are onto us!?!
I.D.I.C.

RazrRila99

bd93

They have had like a 3 thousand point vote swing in the past hour.

1hogfan

We only have 14 members and 9 guests viewing this topic. 23 of us can't vote long enough or fast enough to win this. BTW, this is more members than are usually on. I wonder if having cookies off or on matters. It works the same both ways. I just turned mine back on. I voted for 3.5 hours straight this morning and we went farther backwards. We have to have more people, I guess. Any ideas??

happyhawgal

WPS!!
NewDay
NewAttitude
NewIdentity
NewYear

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

hoginator

Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

NuttinItUp

buncha crap.. Still 46/54 them

Email all your friends and coworkers...

http://www.sportsline.com/spin/story/10197376

Vote!

IowaHog

Here is the e-mail I woke up to today from Iowa State's Athletic Director and their publicity Department.  It goes out to every student on the student mailing list, and I dont' know how many other people who have signed up to be notified of any events, etc. 
If everyone on the list votes once, they would already have us doubled at this point...

Department of Intercollegiate Athletics
Jacobson Athletic Building
Ames, Iowa 50011-1140
515-294-3662

May 29, 2007

Cast Your Mascot Vote Today

AMES, Iowa - Cy needs your vote and you've got four days to cast it!

Fifth-seeded Cy is facing the Razorback of Arkansas, a top seed, in the championship match of the "Most Dominant Mascot on Earth" competition, hosted by CBSSportsline.com. Voting ends June 1st and fans should click here to cast their ballot. The voting is free and takes only seconds to complete.

"It is really exciting to see our fans so passionate about our mascot," said Director of Athletics Jamie Pollard. "Nearly 4.4 million votes have been cast online for Cy throughout the first five rounds of the competition and now it's time to step it up and capture the title."

As of Tuesday morning, Iowa State and Arkansas were tied at 50 percent in the title match.

In the 64-team bracketed mascot challenge, Cy has recorded victories in the Inanimates / Mythologcial Creatures Region over St. Louis, Coastal Caroline, Drexel, Southern Utah and defending champion Michigan State.

Last week's convincing 56-44 upset win over Sparty of Michigan State pushed Cy into the national championship matchup. More than 3.4 million fans voted in the Iowa State-Michigan State battle that saw Cyclone fans storm back from a 10 percent deficit in the first two days of the five-day long competition to knock off Sparty.

This is not the first time that Cyclone fans starred in an online voting competition. In January, fans voted "Hilton Magic" as college basketball's best student spirit group (out of 22 other schools) in an online poll conducted by ESPN.com.

Now, can Cy bring home another championship? It's up to you.

"Dorks.  They look like a couple of dorks". 
-Quentin Tarantino, apparently when asked about Hooten and Danny...

Break & Run

Quote from: IowaHog on May 29, 2007, 03:07:38 pm

Here is the e-mail I woke up to today from Iowa State's Athletic Director and their publicity Department.  It goes out to every student on the student mailing list, and I dont' know how many other people who have signed up to be notified of any events, etc. 
If everyone on the list votes once, they would already have us doubled at this point...

Ames, Iowa 50011-1140
515-294-3662

May 29, 2007

AMES, Iowa - Cy needs your vote and you’ve got four days to cast it!

Fifth-seeded Cy is facing the Razorback of Arkansas, a top seed, in the championship match of the "Most Dominant Mascot on Earth" competition, hosted by CBSSportsline.com. Voting ends June 1st and fans should click here to cast their ballot. The voting is free and takes only seconds to complete.

"It is really exciting to see our fans so passionate about our mascot," said Director of Athletics Jamie Pollard. "Nearly 4.4 million votes have been cast online for Cy throughout the first five rounds of the competition and now it’s time to step it up and capture the title."

As of Tuesday morning, Iowa State and Arkansas were tied at 50 percent in the title match.

In the 64-team bracketed mascot challenge, Cy has recorded victories in the Inanimates / Mythologcial Creatures Region over St. Louis, Coastal Caroline, Drexel, Southern Utah and defending champion Michigan State.

Last week’s convincing 56-44 upset win over Sparty of Michigan State pushed Cy into the national championship matchup. More than 3.4 million fans voted in the Iowa State-Michigan State battle that saw Cyclone fans storm back from a 10 percent deficit in the first two days of the five-day long competition to knock off Sparty.

This is not the first time that Cyclone fans starred in an online voting competition. In January, fans voted "Hilton Magic" as college basketball's best student spirit group (out of 22 other schools) in an online poll conducted by ESPN.com.

Now, can Cy bring home another championship? It’s up to you.

HOW STUPID!!! Arkansas' AD just has better things to do then send phony messages out like that!!!
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

John Futrall

Just out of curiosity, is this the first time that a D-1 school has been in a championship game for football, basketball, baseball, and mascot supremacy all in the same season?

Pretty remarkable!  8)

IowaHog

Hog-fan- let's be real for a moment- Pollard didn't type this up himself or send it to me personally.  They are more organized and doing a better job of PR (and firing and hiring losing football coaches) than we are.  U of A and John White should be up there asking them how to hire a good AD.
"Dorks.  They look like a couple of dorks". 
-Quentin Tarantino, apparently when asked about Hooten and Danny...

PaleHorse

Hog Database \ Arkansas Razorback Football History

Anon2

Sportsline comes up and shows the percentages but no place to vote.

HR Piganstuff

Somehow I have a difficult time viewing a naturally occurring weather phenomenon as a "Mascot" (Hurricanes, Cyclones, Thunder, Lightning, Typhoons, Earthquakes, Volcano Eruptions, Rainstorms, Possible Flooding, Hail, Ice Storm etc.) Cheese factor if you ask me. After all, When is the last time you can think of hearing a weather report about a "Cyclone", much less a Cyclone tangling with a Razorback Hawg? Somehow in my pea brain I see a mascot as a living breathing thing. At least something that has lived and breathed at some time (Spartans, Trojans etc.). If a Hawg saw a cyclone coming he would just haul ass to the river bottoms and wait it out.

I think they should be disqualified personally, but in the mean time... We be voting and voting and voting. If anyone comes up with any slick voting tricks let us all know.

I am emailing all my friends and mustering as many votes as I can.

BirminghamBill

Quote from: IowaHog on May 29, 2007, 03:07:38 pm

Ames, Iowa 50011-1140
515-294-3662

May 29, 2007

AMES, Iowa - Cy needs your vote and you’ve got four days to cast it!

"It is really exciting to see our fans so passionate about our mascot," said Director of Athletics Jamie Pollard. "Nearly 4.4 million votes have been cast online for Cy throughout the first five rounds of the competition and now it’s time to step it up and capture the title."

Last week’s convincing 56-44 upset win over Sparty of Michigan State pushed Cy into the national championship matchup. More than 3.4 million fans voted in the Iowa State-Michigan State battle that saw Cyclone fans storm back from a 10 percent deficit in the first two days of the five-day long competition to knock off Sparty.

Now, can Cy bring home another championship? It’s up to you.

I'm an ISU alum, and I got this message too.  I'm guessing it's going out to any email addresses they have.  I just voted for the Hogs until it started blocking me again and we're still down 54-46.  The grassroots campain needs a shot of growth hormone.

1hogfan

Quote from: Anon2 on May 29, 2007, 03:24:58 pm

Scroll down beneath the mascots to the chart that shows the Championship. Click on vote here and it should solve the problem.  If it keeps happening, turn off your cookies and it will stop.

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: mikeyg31 on May 29, 2007, 03:12:12 pm
Just out of curiosity, is this the first time that a D-1 school has been in a championship game for football, basketball, baseball, and mascot supremacy all in the same season?

Pretty remarkable!  8)
+1

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

NuttinItUp

Quote from: 1hogfan on May 29, 2007, 03:58:21 pm
Quote from: Anon2 on May 29, 2007, 03:24:58 pm

Scroll down beneath the mascots to the chart that shows the Championship. Click on vote here and it should solve the problem.  If it keeps happening, turn off your cookies and it will stop.
You should turn off your cookies anyway if you want all your votes to count. Also, before you start, make sure you clear them before you start voting, and make sure the page fully reloads between votes for them all to count.

J.A.Y.

What are the percentages saying now? 

They won't pop up on my computer.
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

casken

"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

Dances With Hogs

When I pull up the page there is no where to vote just shows the count,

Quote from: J.A.Y. on May 29, 2007, 04:54:04 pm
What are the percentages saying now? 

They won't pop up on my computer.

football-writer

It's not pulling anything up every time I click a vote for Arkansas except for a chance to vote again...it isn't showing me the pertentages...just a chance to vote again or a reset
Bobby Petrino...putting fear into opposing SEC coaches one recruit at a time

NuttinItUp

Quote from: football-writer on May 29, 2007, 05:25:47 pm
It's not pulling anything up every time I click a vote for Arkansas except for a chance to vote again...it isn't showing me the pertentages...just a chance to vote again or a reset
Yep, that is good. Keep voting!

NuttinItUp

Just another reminder, you have to clear cookies then block them for the site (instructions on how to do that in this post). Then you can vote tons of times, as long as you remember to let the page fully reload between votes.

football-writer

Starting to think the program originates on the campus of Iowa State
Bobby Petrino...putting fear into opposing SEC coaches one recruit at a time

Hawg_Heaven

Yeah, it isn't letting me vote anymore. I think we have a Cyclone Hacker or something.

Hawg_Heaven

Quote from: mikeyg31 on May 29, 2007, 03:12:12 pm

Pretty remarkable!  8)

Well, if history repeats itself, WE LOSE! :(

NuttinItUp

Clear those cookies (and then block them) and keep voting! (instructions on how to do that)

Has anyone posted this to any other message boards or anything like that? I just posted to about 10 different Arkansas Facebook groups trying to drum up support. Anyone use MySpace much? You can post bulletins or send messages to your friends. We need a big surge for the end of the week here!

Link (to keep it handy):
http://www.sportsline.com/spin/story/10197376

Break & Run

Quote from: IowaHog on May 29, 2007, 03:17:17 pm
Hog-fan- let's be real for a moment- Pollard didn't type this up himself or send it to me personally.  They are more organized and doing a better job of PR (and firing and hiring losing football coaches) than we are.  U of A and John White should be up there asking them how to hire a good AD.

I didn't mean AD as Athletic Director, but Athletic Department. lol.

razorbass

razorbass

Don't know what to do people I've been voting for over an hour this is FUBAR :puke: :puke:

Proud Hog

Do I have to delete cookies for my vote to count or just block cookies.To delete my cookies I have to delete my passwords and all.What are the results now?

mcclintock126

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Proud Hog on May 29, 2007, 07:21:57 pm
Do I have to delete cookies for my vote to count or just block cookies.To delete my cookies I have to delete my passwords and all.What are the results now?
Just delete them if you have any stored from voting. If you have them blocked then you don't have to keep clearing them, because your browser never saves any more. I usually clear them at first (don't delete your passwords though, just the cookies, they are separate things) and then have them blocked and just keep submitting.

Still 54-46...