Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

***Most Dominant Mascot on Earth National Championship: Arkansas vs Iowa St.***

Started by NuttinItUp, May 25, 2007, 02:10:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WindyCityHog

With only 14,370 votes cast, the Hogs hold a slim 52%-48% lead.

imhogwild2

Bring back slobbering hog. Member Since 12/1/2006

Proud Hog

Just went to vote and the voting thing is not there?Did I miss something.Is it over already?I thought we still had a few days to vote?

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Proud Hog on May 27, 2007, 02:31:41 pm
Just went to vote and the voting thing is not there?Did I miss something.Is it over already?I thought we still had a few days to vote?
Its there now. It lasts till June 1 (Friday).

NuttinItUp

Evidently, according to some of the ISU folks, "CBS is allowing only manual voting so don't try to keep 'enter' pressed - it doesn't register votes like that any longer. You have to allow the page to reload and click submit again. I know its boring and taxing, but do it for the Hogs!"

(ok, so I changed that last part from "Cy" to "the Hogs", but I couldn't copy and paste it like that, haha)

NuttinItUp

Proud Hog

The votes are being counted.I do not know if they only count so many from each person per hour or what.There was 14859 votes when I started voting.I kept hitting submit button as fast as I can for as long as I can.And we had 14936 when I got through.I held down the enter button for a while and our vote count only went up by 6 votes.

bd93

NuttinItUp

As of a little while ago it was 52% arkansas 48% isu, 16250 votes

Keep it up! Send emails to people at work or tell others in your office tomorrow when you get to work or school.

OKC

bigghurtt

Quote from: NuttinItUp on May 27, 2007, 02:50:01 pm
They have a new video out too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKyLCydHSvY
(I think they are trying to make us mad ;) )

Ours is way, way better.

Our video I mean.

And our mascot.

And our athletic program.

And our school.

And our state.

Hogtropolis™

What's the deal with the low vote totals this round?  I know I've cast over 1000 votes and it's only showing around 16,000.  Anybody know what's going on?

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on May 27, 2007, 11:55:55 pm
What's the deal with the low vote totals this round?
As discussed, it is my opinion that they are not allowing multiple voting by logging IPs. (or at least not allowing unlimited voting, and only allowing a certain amount of votes every day or whatever) Of course, that makes it all the more important to tell other people about it, or use the aforementioned methods for IP masking.

Hogtropolis™

Well, I just got on facebook and joined a group that has this up there.

I sent an invitation to the group to all 117 friends that I have and got on my wife's account and sent an invitation to all 164 of her friends also.  Hopefully we can get a huge group of people voting on this thing.

NuttinItUp

Here is what one of them wrote: "I've found tonight that, at least in my case, holding enter or clicking repeatedly was not recording votes. The only way that I could get the vote total to go up was by voting one at a time. So it appears we're going to have to be patient, persistent voters! We can't lose to the Razorbacks!"

...so I guess maybe that is what we need to do? They are catching up in any event.

NuttinItUp

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

NuttinItUp

Quote from: FireNutt on May 28, 2007, 01:38:13 am
Looks like tor might be working.
Yeah, tor with blocked cookies is what I have done some of. The pages load slower, but I think it is counting all the votes, or at least it seems to be.

hawaiianhogster

I'm not sure what happened but it's letting me vote without shutting off my cookies. I'm unable to see the updated vote count and who's winning.

razorbass

ehogfan08

Quote from: hawaiianhogster on May 28, 2007, 07:10:17 am
I'm not sure what happened but it's letting me vote without shutting off my cookies. I'm unable to see the updated vote count and who's winning.

Yeah. Same here. Anyone know what the deal is here?

Proud Hog

I kept hitting the submit button as long as I could before the page could reload to see if that would work.We had 64 more votes than we did when I started.So i'm not sure how many of those was mine.Just trying tro find a way to help us out.Still 51% to 49%.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: ehogfan08 on May 28, 2007, 10:14:14 am
Quote from: hawaiianhogster on May 28, 2007, 07:10:17 am

Yeah. Same here. Anyone know what the deal is here?
It was the same for me for awhile. While you are voting, I don't think it is counting them. (low vote total, as has been discussed)

Anyway, we need to do something. They are gaining on us.

NuttinItUp

On their board they keep screaming that you have to let the page reload fully before hitting submit and keep saying that works (instead of the old way of hitting enter lots of times or whatever). Have no idea if that is so, but they say it is, so it is worth a shot I suppose.

Proud Hog

What are the results now?Just voted 100 times letting the page reload.Take a long time.

IMAballHawg

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q70/tkseib/texastoiletlarge.jpg<br /><br />Welcome to a new dawn in Razorback Athletics!

razorbass

NuttinItUp

Quote from: razorbass on May 28, 2007, 06:12:43 pm
50% to 50% 19480 total votes
Uh oh. Vote!

Email all your coworkers at work when you go back tomorrow.

RazrRila99

NuttinItUp

Block cookies, Vote, let the page reload, and vote again. That is what they are all doing, and it is obviously working.

Zen_Hog

Hmm...On netscape I have the cookies blocked, and when I vote, it reloads back to the normal page without showing the results. Does my vote still count?

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Dmac4Heisman on May 28, 2007, 07:08:37 pm
Hmm...On netscape I have the cookies blocked, and when I vote, it reloads back to the normal page without showing the results. Does my vote still count?
That is the point of blocking the cookies, so it goes back to the regular vote page without having to clear your cookies every time (which would get tiresome). So, yes, it should be counting them. The only way you can be certain absolutely is to use something that filters your IP like Tor, but they aren't mentioning that on their board, and they are still gaining on us, so I assume you just have to let the page reload and then vote again. (making sure cookies either are cleared between votes or are blocked completely)

On a side note: I didn't know anyone still used Netscape anymore. ;)

DEVICEHIGH

Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

1hogfan

Can't see totals. Are we making progress?  It was 50/50. Update please.

Since 1894

The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

1hogfan

Thanks. I have been voting for what seems like hours!  Will continue! Go Hogs!

NuttinItUp

Quote from: 1hogfan on May 28, 2007, 09:22:25 pm
Thanks. I have been voting for what seems like hours!  Will continue! Go Hogs!
Keep it up! I have been attempting to do the same. We have to hold these Iowa marauders back!

razorback903

NuttinItUp I want to applaud you for being so passionate about this.  I'm not sure if it's a matter of pride or if you just have that much free time.  WHEN we win this thing your name needs to go on the plaque.

GO HOGS!!!!
John McCain likes to say that he'll follow bin Laden to the Gates of Hell, but he won't even follow him to the cave where he lives.

imhogwild2

Bring back slobbering hog. Member Since 12/1/2006

DEVICEHIGH

Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

Rooka

OKC

CSNuts

50/50 with 21443 votes.  It's only gone up by 1443 votes since 10:00 last night...

Not blocking cookies with Firefox but allowing the page to load and set the cookie just in case.  It seems to be only setting one for sportsline.com but deleting it does not allow the results to load but once every 24 hours.  At least that's what it seems like for me...  Me thinks they might have something server-side for sure.

gumby013

It's the start of a new work week people.  Don't forget to send a company wide email to let people know to vote.

RazrRila99